Yoshizawa Hitomi (吉澤ひとみ) is a former Japanese pop singer and talent. She is a former member of Morning Musume as well as a former leader of the group. She was also a member of the duo HANGRY & ANGRY, the leader of the Hello! Project futsal team Gatas Brilhantes H.P. and the idol group derived from its lineup, Ongaku Gatas.
Following legal troubles, she retired from the entertainment industry on September 28, 2018.
- 1 Biography
- 2 Profile
- 3 Singles Participated In
- 4 Discography
- 5 Publications
- 6 Works
- 7 Trivia
- 8 See Also
- 9 References
- 10 Honorary Titles
- 11 External Links
Yoshizawa became a member of the Hello! Project group Morning Musume in 2000, as a member of the fourth generation along with Ishikawa Rika, Tsuji Nozomi, and Kago Ai, making her debut in the group's ninth single "Happy Summer Wedding". She was also featured in the group's theatrical release of Pinch Runner.
In the past, she has often been perceived as the tomboyish member of the group, due to her voice, manners, and hobbies. Furthering this perception of her masculine side, Yoshizawa's first lead came in 2001 with the release of the single Mr.Moonlight ~Ai no Big Band~, in which she played a dashing playboy character. She has since managed to mostly overcome this, as many view her as having matured out of her formerly tomboyish character once having assumed leadership of Morning Musume in 2005.
Yoshizawa drew the cover art for the charity single A.R.I.G.A.T.O.U.
Yoshizawa became the Captain of the Hello! Project futsal team, Gatas Brilhantes H.P. when it was formed in September. The 5'5" (165cm) midfielder has since managed to lead the team to victory on many occasions. Yoshizawa also convinced fellow teammate Tsuji Nozomi to remain as the team's goalkeeper, despite her graduation from Morning Musume in 2004.
In April, after the sudden and unexpected departure of Morning Musume's then-leader Yaguchi Mari, Yoshizawa, the current sub-leader, became the group's new leader. After Ishikawa Rika's graduation in May, Yoshizawa became the last remaining member of her generation.
On January 10, Yoshizawa's younger brother Kota was riding his bicycle home from work in the Kagurazaka district of Tokyo at around 10:50pm when he was hit by a 20 year old drunk driver. He was hospitalized in a state of cardiac arrest and pronounced dead at 12:15am, January 11 at the age of 16.
On May 6, Yoshizawa graduated from Morning Musume after the band's last performance in the ~Sexy 8 Beat~ Spring Tour, which took place at Saitama Super Arena in Hitomi's hometown, as Tsunku introduces the new members from China on the same time: Junjun and Linlin. According to several news sources, producer Tsunku, and Yoshizawa herself, she would begin a solo career of her own. At the time of her graduation, she had the second longest tenure of any Morning Musume member of 7 years and 21 days (although she was surpassed by Takahashi Ai and Niigaki Risa in September 2008). She was also considered by some fans to be the last trace of the "Golden era" of Morning Musume.
On October 12, it was revealed that she is currently paired up with fellow ex-Morning Musume member Rika Ishikawa as HANGRY in the new unit HANGRY & ANGRY in collaboration with a Harajuku fashion store of the same name.
In February, Yoshizawa performed and graduated with the rest of the Elder Club at their group graduation concert in Yokohama.
In April, she had her first US performance at Sakura-Con in Seattle, along with Ishkawa Rika, in their duo HANGRY & ANGRY. Their first European performance was at "Chibi Japan expo" in Montreuil (a Parisian suburb) on October 31.
On March 2 and 3, Yoshizawa participated in Forest For Rest ~SATOYAMA e Ikou~ SATOYAMA movement in YOKOHAMA along with other Hello! Project and UP-FRONT PROMOTION members. She was also an MC for MUSIC FESTA Vol.0 on March 2.
In May, Yoshizawa attended the Hello Pro Kenshuusei Happyoukai 2014 ~Haru no Koukai Jitsuryoku Shindan Test~ as a judge.
On November 3, Yoshizawa was appointed as the public relations ambassador of her hometown Miyoshi for two years.
On September 5, Yoshizawa announced her engagement to a man who she met through an acquaintance a year and a half ago. Her fiancé is Kawamae Takeshi, nine years her senior and the manager of an IT company called FutureCustom Inc. They got married on November 22, which is also known as Ii Fuufu no Hi (Good Couples Day) in Japan and from then Yoshizawa took her husband name "Kawamae" but decided to keep her birth name for her work activities.
On March 14, Yoshizawa announced she was pregnant with her first child and was due to give birth in the late summer.
On March 25, Yoshizawa and her husband held their wedding party. Members of Morning Musume OG, Morning Musume '16, and ℃-ute were guests, and Yoshizawa sang "Happy Summer Wedding" together with the OG members.
On July 29, she gave birth to a son.
On September 29, it was reported that Yoshizawa had caused a car accident at an intersection in Itabushi when she turned right and hit an oncoming minivan that was driving straight through. Yoshizawa did not get injured, but the male driver of the other vehicle received a minor foot injury. Yoshizawa made an apology on her blog on October 5, in which she also noted that she remained at the scene of the accident and was fully cooperating with the police investigation.
On September 6, Yoshizawa Hitomi was arrested by the Tokyo Metropolitan Police Department for a hit-and-run while driving under the influence of alcohol. According to reports, at around 7:00 AM JST in Nakano, Yoshizawa was behind the wheel of her Toyota Alphard enroute to a scheduled 9:00 AM McDonald's promotional event when she ran a red light and crashed into a cyclist, whose bicycle flew "several meters" and hit a pedestrian nearby, leaving two people with minor injuries. She fled the scene for 15 minutes before calling the police and ultimately failed a breathalyzer test, with a breath alcohol concentration of 0.58 milligrams, four times the legal limit of 0.15 milligrams. Yoshizawa's agency, J.P ROOM, issued an apology that evening and announced that they would strictly deal with the matter once they confirm all of the facts from what is currently being reported.
Yoshizawa claimed to have been drinking with her husband the night before the accident (roughly 7 hours prior), and only had 3 cans of Chuhai. The director of a medical facility in Shinjuku has since come out to cast doubt on Yoshizawa's claims, stating that between the alleged time and amount she drank, her alcohol level shouldn't have been as high as it was at 7:00 AM. She later confessed to drinking more than previously stated.
In the midst of her arrest, all of her scheduled appearances were cancelled and she resigned from her position as a public relations ambassador for her hometown Miyoshi. Several current and former Hello! Project members have expressed their shock, disappointment and remorse over the incident.
On September 12, it was reported that her mother-in-law had survived a suicide attempt after she swallowed a "near lethal dose" of sleeping pills and was rushed to the hospital. The suicide attempt was made after a direct interview with a reporter from a weekly magazine which is suspected to be the tabloid Shukan Bunshun who published the interview with details about Yoshizawa's married life on September 13.
On September 26, the Tokyo District Public Prosecutors Office indicted Yoshizawa with charges of violating the Road Traffic Act. The indictment also revealed new information that she was driving 86km/h in a 60km/h zone. At 5:30 PM the next day, she was released from the Harajuku Police Station on a three million yen bail. She gave a deep bow to reporters outside of the station and made an apology to the victims. That evening she checked into a hospital in Saitama Prefecture.
On September 28, J.P ROOM issued a joint statement with Yoshizawa, announcing they have come to a mutual agreement on terminating her contract and that she has decided to retire from the entertainment industry. Yoshizawa said she came to realize her weakness and immaturity over the past 21 days and called her own actions inexcusable. More than anything, she is deeply sorry to those she injured and hopes they can make a quick recovery and return to their normal lives. She will take one step at a time to atone for her crime and to be able to live without shame as a mother and a member of society. Last of all, Yoshizawa apologized for the inconvenience she caused staff and colleagues and for betraying the expectations of fans who have supported her for the past 18 years.
Following the termination of her contract, all J.P ROOM talent, Hello! Project OG members under UP-FRONT CREATE, and active Hello! Project members under UP-FRONT PROMOTION refrained from updating their blogs and other SNS accounts for the last three days of September in order to sort out their lingering feelings on the incident and were allowed to resume at the start of October.
She was summoned by the Tokyo District Court for her first trial on November 29. She faces up to 2 years in prison, and is due back in court November 30 for sentencing. On November 30, she was sentenced to 2 years in prison and 5 years probation. 
- Name: Yoshizawa Hitomi (吉澤ひとみ)
- Nickname: Yossie (よっすぃ), Yossy, Yossui, Yossi, Yocchan
- Birthdate: April 12, 1985
- Birthplace: Miyoshi, Saitama, Japan
- Blood Type: O
- Height: 164 cm (5 ft 4.5 in)?
- Western Zodiac: Aries
- Eastern Zodiac: Ox
- Hello! Project Status:
- 2000-04-16: Joined Morning Musume and Hello! Project
- 2007-05-06: Graduated from Morning Musume
- 2009-03-31: Graduated from Hello! Project
- UP-FRONT GROUP Status:
- Years in Morning Musume: 7 Years
- Former Morning Musume Color: Purple
- Former Sakura Gumi Color: Purple
- Former Ongaku Gatas Color: Purple
- Dream Morning Musume Color: Sky Blue
- Hello! Project Groups:
- Shuffle Units:
- Concert Units:
- Other Groups:
Singles Participated In
- Happy Summer Wedding
- I WISH
- Ren'ai Revolution 21
- Mr.Moonlight ~Ai no Big Band~
- Souda! We're ALIVE
- Morning Musume Single Medley ~Hawaiian~ (Takagi Boo with Morning Musume, Coconuts Musume, Fujimoto Miki, Ishii Rika)
- Do it! Now
- Koko ni Iruzee!
- Morning Musume no Hyokkori Hyoutanjima
- AS FOR ONE DAY
- Go Girl ~Koi no Victory~
- Ai Araba IT'S ALL RIGHT
- Roman ~MY DEAR BOY~
- Joshi Kashimashi Monogatari
- Namida ga Tomaranai Houkago
- THE Manpower!!!
- Osaka Koi no Uta
- Iroppoi Jirettai
- Chokkan 2 ~Nogashita Sakana wa Ookiizo!~
- SEXY BOY ~Soyokaze ni Yorisotte~
- Ambitious! Yashinteki de Ii jan
- Egao YES Nude
- Kanashimi Twilight
Morning Musume Sakura Gumi
H.P. ALL STARS
Ganbarou Nippon Ai wa Katsu Singers
Hangry & Angry
Dream Morning Musume
-  Hitomi ni Utsuru Michi (瞳に映る道)
- [2002.03.27] Densha no Futari (with Abe Natsumi, Ishikawa Rika, Kago Ai, Takahashi Ai, Konno Asami, Niigaki Risa)
- [2003.03.26] Megami ~Mousse na Yasashisa~ (with Venus Mousse)
- [2003.03.26] "Sugoku Suki na no ni…ne" (with Iida Kaori, Abe Natsumi, Yasuda Kei, Yaguchi Mari, Ishikawa Rika)
- [2004.05.28] DANCE Suru no da! (Morning Musume cover; with Iida Kaori)
- [2004.09.14] Mirai no Tobira (Morning Musume cover; with Ogawa Makoto, Kamei Eri)
- [2004.12.04] Do it! Now (Morning Musume cover; with Takahashi Ai, Konno Asami)
- [2004.12.08] Haru no Uta (with Iida Kaori, Yaguchi Mari, Ishikawa Rika)
- [2006.02.15] Mushoku Toumei na Mama de (with Ogawa Makoto, Takahashi Ai, Konno Asami, Fujimoto Miki)
- [2006.12.13] Kotatsu no Uta ~jyuken story~ (with Niigaki Risa, Kamei Eri)
- [2008.02.06] Seishun no Custard (with Satoda Mai)
- [2008.02.06] Kara Genki (with Ishikawa Rika, Satoda Mai, Konno Asami)
- [2011.04.20] Roman ~MY DEAR BOY~ (Morning Musume cover; with Abe Natsumi, Yasuda Kei, Yaguchi Mari, Ogawa Makoto)
- [2011.04.20] Ame no Furanai Hoshi de wa Aisenai Darou? (Morning Musume cover; with Ishikawa Rika, Ogawa Makoto, Fujimoto Miki, Kusumi Koharu)
- [2018.02.07] WE ARE LEADERS! ~Leader tte no mo Tsurai Mono~ (with Nakazawa Yuko, Iida Kaori, Yaguchi Mari, Fujimoto Miki, Takahashi Ai, Niigaki Risa, Michishige Sayumi, Fukumura Mizuki)
- [2007.04.28] Morning Musume Yoshizawa Hitomi Graduation Memorial (モーニング娘。吉澤ひとみ 卒業メモリアル)
- [2002.12.04] Hello! Project Douyou Eizou Shuu ~Ponkikies21~
- [2003.05.01] Atarashii Douyou
- [2010.02.xx] M-line Memory Vol.2
- [2011.02.xx] M-line Memory Vol.6
- [2011.10.xx] M-line Memory Vol.7
- [2012.10.xx] M-line Memory Vol.8
- [2014.06.xx] M-Line Club Live Event at STB139 ~Hinamatsuri ni Kansha wo Komete~
- [2014.xx.xx] ~Ikinari Ikuta ☆ Yoroshiku Yossie~ (いきなりイクタ★よろしくヨッスィー)
- [2014.08.xx] M-line Memory Vol.15 - Ishikawa Rika, Yoshizawa Hitomi, & Ogawa Makoto FC Event
- [2001.01.18] Hamilton Island Morning Musume Shashinshuu
- [2002.03.28] Morning Musume Gonagoto Photobook
- [2003.09] Pocket Morning Musume Vol. 1 (ポケットモーニング娘。〈Vol.1〉)
- [2004.06.04] Chain! Chain! Chain!
- [2004.11.17] Alo-Hello! Morning Musume (アロハロ!モーニング娘。写真集)
-  Pinch Runner (ピンチランナー)
-  Tokkaekko (とっかえっ娘。)
-  Koinu Dan no Monogatari (仔犬ダンの物語 )
-  Ousama Game
-  Atsuhime Number 1
-  Haikara-san ga Tooru (はいからさんが通る)
-  Ore ga Aitsu de Aitsu ga Ore de (おれがあいつであいつがおれで)
-  Motto Koi Seyo Otome (もっと恋セヨ乙女)
-  Futarigoto (二人ゴト)
-  Shinkansen Girl 新幹線ガール)
- [2008-2009] Wao~n! (わおーん!)
- [2010-2012] Digista Teens (デジスタ・ティーンズ)
- [2010-2013] Yoshizawa Hitomi no "Trend + Yossy Navi" (吉澤ひとみの「トレンド+よっすぃーナビ」)
-  U! Style (遊!Style)
-  Little Charo 4 Eigo de aruku New York (リトル・チャロ4 英語で歩くニューヨーク)
-  Ore ga Aitsu de Aitsu ga Ore de
-  Haikara-san ga Tooru
-  Motto Koiseyo Otome
-  Shinkansen Girl
-  Uso ka honto ka wakara nai yarisugi toshi densetsu SP
-  Hagane no Onna
-  Hagane no Onna Season 2
-  Glico Mousse Pocky
-  Hatachi no kenketsu campaign (はたちの献血キャンペーン)
-  Petitmoni Diver (プッチモニダイバー)
- [2001-2002] Hecchara Heike Yoroshiku Yossy (ヘッチャラ平家★ヨロシクよっすぃ～)
- [2003-2004] Ikinari Inaba Yoroshiku Yossy (いきなりイナバ★よろしくヨッスィー)
-  Ongaku Gatas no Guts10 Gatas (音楽ガッタスのGUTS10☆ガッタス)
- [2010-2011] JOGLIS+
-  Yoshizawa Hitomi no Suite Soleil (吉澤ひとみのスウィート・ソレイユ)
-  Olivia wo ki Kinagara (オリビアを聴きながら)
-  Tokyo Alice (東京アリス)
- [2001.11] UP to boy Vol.132
- [2008.02.18] an weekly
- [2009.10.10] DIVER No.341
- [2010.02.20] funride
- [2010.03] Best Gear
- [2010.05.10] DIVER No.348
- [2011.05.10] DIVER No.360
- [2012.06.08] DIVER No.373
- [2013.04.10] DIVER No.383 (with Ogawa Makoto)
- [2015.10.10] Diver November 2015 Issue (with Yajima Maimi)
- [2016.05.07] Matanity nina's vol.6 May 2016 Issue
- [2016.12.07] Saita January 2017 Issue
- Yoshizawa's most popular and frequently used nickname is 「よっすぃ」 which can be romanized as Yossy, Yossui, Yossie, or Yossi, depending on personal preference. During the October 22, 2007 episode of Ongaku Gatas no Guts10☆Gatas, she said in response to a listener's email, that her own preference is "Yossy." Yaguchi Mari originally gave her the nickname when she joined Morning Musume.
- Only her seniors and close friends call her "Yocchan" (given to her by Abe Natsumi) or "Yoshiko" (given to her by Satoda Mai and Kimura Ayaka).
- Fujimoto Miki is the only one to call her "Kabutomushi" (rhinoceros beetle), a nickname earned due to a silly game they played with each other during the Ribbon no Kishi stage musical.
- Her Morning Musume mentor was Yaguchi Mari. Together, they were Team Expressive Power.
- Tsunku initially pegged her as an "intelligent beauty" during the fourth generation auditions and she was promoted as such for the first year and a half, but her tomboy character was cemented after playing the boyishly handsome center role in "Mr.Moonlight ~Ai no Big Band~." Even so, the other members have repeatedly said she is actually much more girlish and delicate than her public image.
- Yoshizawa has had the most solo lines of any member on a Morning Musume single: 31 lines in Mr.Moonlight ~Ai no Big Band~.
- After falling out of shape in 2003, she came very close to being named the kusojo (crap girl) of the Mechaike Okajo Taiikusai (sports festival). She resolved to get back into shape and soon became the captain of Gatas Brilhantes H.P.
- She was almost named "Sayaka," but when she was born, she had such big eyes that her father named her "Hitomi" ("eyes").
- She is related to marathon runner Takahashi Naoko.
- Her father was initially extremely opposed to her joining Morning Musume, so much so that he called a family meeting about it after she was selected to join the group. However, by the time her debut single, Happy Summer Wedding, came out, he was reportedly humming it around the house.
- She is extremely skilled in sports, especially volleyball, even receiving a recommendation in middle school.
- She graduated from Risshisha High School with a correspondence course.
- She said in a 2004 interview that the animal she is most like is a tiger.
- She's the last one to leave Morning Musume in her Generation.
- She portrays a football trainer for Kitahara Sayaka's music video of Yappa Seishun.
- In Music Fighter, the other members agree when it was asked if she was suitable to be the leader.
- In Utaban, she said Ishikawa Rika is the last member she would ever want to form a unit with. Ironically she formed later Hangry & Angry (2008) and ABCHO (2012) with Ishikawa Rika .
- She is the tenth former Morning Musume member to only graduate from Morning Musume and not Hello! Project.
- She appears in the movie Ousama Game as the teacher.
Captain of Gatas Brilhantes H.P.
Sub-leader of Morning Musume
Leader of Morning Musume
Captain of Ongaku Gatas
|Hello! Project Shuffle Unit|