|Keep Honest Material|
Please help this wiki community keep honest material by adding reference.
Any out of the ordinary information without references will be removed within 3 months.
|Yanagihara Hiromi, 1999|
|Born||October 19, 1979|
|Died||July 16, 1999 (aged 19)|
Obihiro, Hokkaido, Japan
|Joined||April 27, 1999|
|Debut Single||Futari no Hokkaido|
|Last Single||Futari no Hokkaido|
|Left||July 16, 1999|
Yanagihara Hiromi (柳原尋美; October 19, 1979 – July 16, 1999) was a Japanese pop singer, model and actress. She was best known for being one of the original members of Country Musume.
BiographyEditEarly Life & Career
Before signing up for the Country Musume Audition (カントリー娘。オーディション), Yanagihara had a small role in the movie Morning Cop in 1998. She also starred in three doramas the same year: Taiyou Musume to Umi, Wine Musume Koi Monogatari and Kaze no Musumetachi. According to the producer of "Kaze no Musumetachi", Yanagihara had said she felt lucky being able to act in several dramas, but that it was a singer she wanted to be.
She signed up for an audition held by Tsunku and Tanaka Yoshitake (Country Musume’s original producer) in 1999. They wanted to create a sister group to Morning Musume, but instead of being the next door girls, they would be country girls with rural values. The audition process was aired on a television program called ASAYAN. Nine girls went through voice and dance lessons at a farm in Hokkaido, and three girls ended up being chosen, Yanagihara being one of them. The group would be named Country Musume, and was made up by Yanagihara, Toda Rinne and Kobayashi Azusa. In the same time period, Country Musume was recording songs for their first single. A few days before the release of their debut single, Yanagihara was on her way from a restaurant owned by Country Musume’s producer, Tanaka Yoshitake, to a sight-seeing farm in order to attend a dance lesson. She lost control over the car she was driving, and didn’t survive the accident. She passed away on the 16th of July, 1999.
On July 16, 1999, Yanagihara was tragically killed in a car accident one week before the group's first release, "Futari no Hokkaido." Yanagihara was reportedly driving alone to the Hanabatake Farm in Nakasatsunai, Hokkaido at 5:00 pm when her SUV, a second generation Mitsubishi Pajero, began swerving and rolled several times, throwing her from the vehicle which then flipped on top of her.
- Name: Yanagihara Hiromi (柳原尋美)
- Nickname: Hiromi (ひろみ)
- Birthdate: October 19, 1979
- Birthplace: Chiba, Japan
- Date of Death: July 16, 1999 (age 19)
- Place of Death: Obihiro, Hokkaido, Japan
- Blood Type: A
- Zodiac: Libra
- Hello! Project Group:
- Country Musume (1999)
Singles Featured InEdit
- [1999.07.13] Idol wo Sagase
- [1999.07.27] Idol wo Sagase (in memory of)
- [1998.04.06] Taiyou Musume to Umi
- [1998.07.09] Kaze no Musumetachi
- [1998.10.11] Wine Musume Koi Monogatari
- She gifted a large king crab to Heike Michiyo and Nakazawa Yuko upon meeting them, hoping the three could share it because she loved crab.
- On Idol wo Sagase, she said "I want to become stronger so I can survive even though I get crushed. It's a metaphor, but I want to gain more skills and knowledge."
- She is the first and currently only member of Hello! Project to have died.