Wada Ayaka (和田彩花) is a Japanese idol. She is a former member and leader of the Hello! Project group ANGERME (formerly S/mileage), as well as the former sixth leader of Hello! Project. She initially joined Hello! Project in 2004 as a founding member of Hello Pro Egg, later taking part in Shugo Chara Egg! in 2008 before debuting as a member and the leader of S/mileage in 2009. She became the leader of Hello! Project in 2016.
- 1 Biography
- 2 Personal Life
- 3 Profile
- 4 Discography
- 5 Publications
- 6 Lyrics Credits
- 7 Works
- 8 Rankings
- 9 Trivia
- 10 See Also
- 11 Honorary Titles
- 12 References
- 13 External Links
Wada Ayaka was born on August 1, 1994 in Gunma, Japan.
From June 19-20, 2004, Wada Ayaka passed the Hello Pro Egg auditions alongside twenty-nine other girls and subsequently joined Hello! Project as a member of Hello Pro Egg. The aim of the group was to prepare the young girls for their debut into the world of entertainment. As such, Wada received free dance and vocal training alongside the other Eggs.
Wada continued her training and appeared at numerous Hello! Project concerts as a backing dancer, including the Country Musume concert Country Musume LIVE2006 ~Shibuya des Date~.
In November 2007, Wada received a part in the musical Reverse! ~ Watashi no Karada Doko Desu ka?. Wada also took part in the TV show Chao.TV.
Wada was selected to be one of the four members for a new Hello Pro Egg unit alongside Maeda Yuuka, Fukuda Kanon, and Saho Akari. The group was called Shugo Chara Egg! and was formed to record the opening songs for the anime Shugo Chara!. The line up released two singles.
On April 4, Tsunku announced on his blog that a new group, later named S/mileage, was in the works. The members listed were Wada Ayaka, Maeda Yuuka, Fukuda Kanon and Ogawa Saki. He stated the lineup was subject to change, and that it would be their "major debut".
Wada and the original Shugo Chara Egg! were in Shugo Chara! the Musical. Wada and Saho Akari both played students, X-characters, and X-eggs.
Starting on March 29, Wada was a regular for the NHK educational television program Test no Hanamichi.
Wada and the other members of S/mileage graduated Hello Pro Egg in May 2010 and became full Hello! Project members. Wada, Maeda, and Fukuda became members of a new unit called Lilpri for the anime Hime Chen! Otogi Chikku Idol Lilpri in which all three girls voice characters. Wada also became a regular on a nagoya TV show called Go! Bungee Police with Yaguchi Mari.
On February 25, Wada released her first solo photobook titled Wada Ayaka 16.
On August 9, Wada teamed up with Japan Press Network 47 News as a columnist. Her column, "Art Mileage", featured articles about her visits to museums in Japan. The column ran until November 17 with 10 articles in total.
On February 15, Wada released her second solo photobook titled Aya aya.
On July 20, it was announced that Wada and Sayashi Riho were chosen to form the duo Peaberry. The unit released an indies single, titled "Cabbage Hakusho / Forest Time" (with Harvest), on November 7.
On September 23, Wada sprained her right ankle during the S/mileage Live Tour 2012 Aki ~Choi Kawa Banchou~ concert in Osaka. She was out for 2 to 3 weeks in order to heal.
On February 12, it was announced that Wada would participate in a stageplay titled Moshimo Kokumin ga Shusho o Erandara. There was eleven showings, which it ran from April 24 to April 30.
On March 18, Wada had her last appearance on Test no Hanamichi.
On March 20, it was announced at an event that Wada and Fukuda Kanon will have a shared photobook about their last moments in high school. It is set to be released in April.
Beginning on September 27, 2013, Wada teamed up with PHP Biz Online Shuchi as a columnist. Her column, "Otome no Kaiga Annai" (乙女の絵画案内), consisted of review articles on antique western paintings and was compiled as a book.
On March 14, Wada published her first art appreciation book, Otome no Kaiga Annai.
Starting from June 26, Wada began writing an art column for asianbeat titled "Ayaka Wada(ANGERME) presents 'Ukiyo-e'". The column concluded on April 23, 2015 with 10 articles.
On September 1, Wada celebrated her 20th birthday. She had a special birthday event, titled S/mileage ~Wada Ayaka Birthday Event 2014~. The event featured two performances in Tokyo.
On February 2, it was announced that Wada Ayaka along with Fukuda Kanon were chosen as the plus models for this month issue of H!P Digital Books.
On August 3, Wada celebrated her 21th birthday. She had a special birthday event, titled ANGERME Wada Ayaka Birthday Event 2015. The event featured two performances in Tokyo.
On September 24, Wada graduated as Charge Girl on the morning program Charge 730!.
On February 10, Wada announced her second art appreciation book, Bijutsu de Meguru Nippon Saihakken ~Ukiyo-e・Nihonga Kara Butsuzo Made~, would be published on March 12.
On August 1, Wada celebrated her 22nd birthday at a fanclub event, titled ANGERME Wada Ayaka Birthday Event 2016, which featured two performances at Yamano Hall.
On December 31 at the Hello! Project COUNTDOWN PARTY 2016 ~GOOD BYE & HELLO!~, it was announced that Wada would succeed Yajima Maimi as the 6th leader of Hello! Project with Fukumura Mizuki as the sub-leader from 2017.
On August 1, Wada celebrated her 23rd birthday at a fanclub event titled ANGERME Wada Ayaka Birthday Event 2017. The event had two performances at Yamano Hall.
On November 30, she began a monthly column in BIG ONE GIRLS magazine titled "ANGERME Wada Ayaka no Saishoku Kenbi" (ANGERME Wada Ayaka's Coloration and Beauty).
Thank you for always supporting me.
I chose to announce it via the blog because I wanted to compile my thoughts into a text.
The more I thought about it, the stronger my feelings towards the group became. The more I thought about it, I questioned the meaning of life. The more I thought about it, I just became more and more confused.
- “Singing. Dancing. I want to continue doing stuff like that.”
And they told me:
It made me happy.
“I’ll look after my dreams inside the group;”
“Everyone walks their own path in life”
It’s hard for me to grasp.
Thinking about the group, about its future, also influenced the way I think regarding myself.
I didn’t come this far for nothing. I’m kept moving forward because I wanted to. That dream that we were all chasing, wouldn’t it be possible if it’s with ANGERME? I held on to these expectations.
The ANGERME I’m trying to create is but an idealization of my personal desires.
But being able to take a hold of me to this extent
Furthermore, the members of ANGERME are also part of what’s kept leading me astray.
I’ve already gotten my share of life lessons from this. From here on out it’s better for them to step forward and express their own opinions and desires, and I really hope they feel that way too.
It’s when all ANGERME’s original members are gone, that ANGERME will truly begin.
No matter what people might say, I’m ready to continue on as an idol.
I dislike the idea that the label “Idol” has to follow some pre-determined set of conventions. I want to become someone who surpasses those; I want to show the world an idol can be so much more.
That way, I can say that from here on out is the real beginning. I’m excited to discover my own expression. But more than anything, I want to continue being a girl who can provide people with courage, and lift them up no matter what kind of troubles might be weighing on their mind.
I hope my future activities would come to be beneficial for Hello! Project as well. Hello! Project who reached its twentieth anniversary this year; It’d be nice if it’d continue this trend from now on as well.
It’s only one more year, but I’ll doing my utmost to present to you the best group there ever was, so I’d be happy if you’d continue to look after us.
Thank you for your continued support.
On August 1, she celebrated her 24th birthday at a fanclub event titled ANGERME Wada Ayaka Birthday Event 2018, which featured two shows at Yamano Hall.
On October 15, Wada began an article series titled "Art ni Muchuu!" (Obsessed With Art!) for the art news smartphone app Pia.
During the first part of the Hello! Project 20th Anniversary!! Hello! Project COUNTDOWN PARTY 2018 ~GOOD BYE & HELLO!~ concert, she announced that Fukumura Mizuki would succeed her as the leader of Hello! Project after she graduates.
On June 2, she held the ANGERME 26th Single "Koi wa Accha Accha / Yumemita Fifteen" Hatusubai Kinen Event "Wada Ayaka Solo Live" at Yokohama Bay Hall. Fans could win a ticket to the event by entering the serial number from the event lottery card that only came with Limited Edition SP of "Koi wa Accha Accha / Yumemita Fifteen" to the lottery site Frentry.
On June 7 and 8, she held the ANGERME Wada Ayaka Fanclub Tour in Hakone ~Geijutsu no Tabi 2019~.
On June 18, she graduated from ANGERME and Hello! Project in the Hello Pro Premium ANGERME Concert Tour 2019 Haru Final Wada Ayaka Sotsugyou Special Rinnetenshou ~Aru Toki Umareta Ai no Teishou~ at Nippon Budokan. In a post-concert interview, Wada stated that she would take a short break from stage performance to focus on completing her master's thesis.
On September 28, she appeared as a model in the Rakuten GirlsAward 2019 AUTUMN/WINTER at Makuhari Messe.
On September 30, she shared on Twitter that she signed a change.org petition protesting the government's cancellation of the subsidies that were scheduled to be given to the Aichi Triennale 2019. The cancelled portion of the exhibit in question deals specifically with the history of art censorship in Japan, and contains works that criticize Japan's role in World War II.
On October 20, Wada appeared at the cultural festival NEWTOWN 2019, where she held a poetry reading and had her first performance as a solo talent. She debuted a new song under the working title "Kono Kimochi no Yukusaki ni".
On February 24, she held the first stop of her first solo live tour, titled Wada Ayaka Live Tour Mae 2021 ―Kono Kimochi no Saki ni Aru Mono wa Nani?―. On March 4, it was announced that the remaining stops for her live tour would be cancelled in consideration of a new policy established by the government to prevent the spread of the coronavirus.
On March 13, all YU-M Entertainment artists collaborated for a 25 hour-long television program aired through NicoNico Live Broadcast at 7:30 PM JST titled 25jikanhan Television ~Idol to Mirai e Mukau Basho~.
On March 14, after the conclusion of the 25jikanhan Television ~Idol to Mirai e Mukau Basho~, YU-M Entertainment announced a crowdfunding project to help invest in their artists' future to make up for postponed or cancelled events due to the coronavirus.
On August 1, to make up for the cancelled stops of her first solo live tour, she held a solo live without an audience, which was broadcast live for free online viewing.
On October 2, in honor of TOKYO IDOL FESTIVAL Online 2020, QJWeb published an interview with Wada Ayaka and Mikity Honmono, a male idol who is known to be gay. Through the interview, the two discuss their sexualities, and what it is like being gay while also being an idol.
Starting on October 4, she was the curator for Charadachi Museum-MoCA-, a virtual museum in an emotional education program which exposed children and adults to art, music, and various characters.
On October 19, she collaborated with Suzuki Minori in an online event where the two of them discussed the possibilities and limitations of feminism, and ways people could live freely as members of the LGBTQ+ community.
On October 21, Forbes Japan published an article featuring an interview with Wada Ayaka which revealed that she had been elected to their 30 UNDER 30 2020 group of young entrepreneurs.
On October 31, she is set to hold a live concert at SPREAD, in Tokyo, titled Wada Ayaka to Omnibus / Shiteki Raisan -Live-.
On November 23, she is set to hold a live concert at Shindaita FEVER, in Tokyo.
Cheese who passed away in December 2013.
When Wada joined Hello Pro Egg in 2004, she was a nine-year-old, turning ten, in the fourth year of elementary school. Since entering high school, Wada began to have an interest in western art and began visiting museums more often.
In December 2012 at the launch event for the single "Samui ne.", Wada and Fukuda Kanon both announced that they both would take the upcoming university entrance exams, which usually takes place in the winter season. On January 19, 2013, Ayaka announced on her blog that she began taking the entrance exam for an undisclosed university.
On April 1, 2013, Wada announced on that she had graduated from high school the day before, March 31, and would be starting university. It was rumored she is attending Jissen Women's University, majoring in art. In September 2013, it was confirmed that Wada was majoring in art and specializing in western paintings.
In an asianbeat interview published in March 2016, Wada said that she wants to become a curator.In March 2017, Wada graduated from university with a bachelor's degree. On April 1, Wada announced she would continue her studies by starting graduate school that month. When she graduated from ANGERME and Hello! Project in June 2019, she was in her second year of graduate school and in the middle of writing her master's thesis, indicating that she took a gap year during 2018-2019.
Wada's given name, Ayaka, means "color" (彩; aya) combined with "flower" (花; ka). Her parents chose it from either Reina, Reika, Erika, or Ayaka.
- Name: Wada Ayaka (和田彩花)
- Nickname: DAWA, Ayacho (あやちょ/あや著)
- Birthdate: August 1, 1994
- Birthplace: Gunma, Japan
- Blood Type: A
- Height: 163 cm (5 ft 4.1 in)?
- Western Zodiac: Leo
- Eastern Zodiac: Dog
- Hello! Project Status:
- UP-FRONT GROUP Status:
- Years in ANGERME: 10 Years
- Official Kaomoji: 川 ´‘ _‘||
- S/mileage / ANGERME Color:
- Blue (2009-2014)
- Red (2014-2019)
- Former Lilpri Color: Pink
- Hello! Project Groups:
- Shuffle Units:
- Concert Units:
- Other Groups:
- See also: List:Wada Ayaka Discography Featured In
- Digital Albums
- [2021.11.23] Shiteki Raisan (私的礼讃)
- Gensou Genwaku Innocence (from LILIUM -Lilium Shoujo Junketsu Kageki-)
- aMa no Jaku (S/mileage cover; from SMILE FANTASY!)
- Believe in Me (from MODE)
- Oni no Producer (from Yumemiru Television)
- Watashi no Yumemita Fifteen (from Rinnetenshou ~ANGERME Past, Present & Future~)
-  Une idole
-  Kono Kimochi no Yukusaki ni (この気持ちの行く先に; The Destination of This Feeling)
-  Anata ga Eranda Mono, Anata ga Erabu Mono (あなたが選んだもの、あなたが選ぶもの)
-  Hot Latte (ホットラテ)
- [2011.03.02] Ayaka
- [2012.03.07] Aya
- [2013.02.14] Vivid Flower (e-Hello! DVD)
- [2014.08.01] The Season (e-Hello! DVD)
- [2019.10.09] ANGERME Wada Ayaka Solo Special Live
Solo Fanclub DVDs
- [2015.11.xx] ANGERME Wada Ayaka Birthday Event 2015
- [2016.12.23] ANGERME Wada Ayaka Birthday Event 2016
- [2019.10.xx] ANGERME Wada Ayaka Fanclub Tour in Hakone ~Geijutsu no Tabi 2019~
- See also: List:Wada Ayaka Publications Featured In
- [2014.03.14] Otome no Kaiga Annai
- [2016.03.12] Bijutsu de Meguru Nihon Saihakken ~Ukiyo-e・Nihonga Kara Butsuzo Made~
-  Une idole - Wada Ayaka
-  Anata ga Eranda Mono, Anata ga Erabu Mono - Wada Ayaka
-  Hot Latte - Wada Ayaka
-  Kaidan Shin Mimibukuro・Igyou (怪談新耳袋・異形) (as Shiori)
-  JK Ninja Girls (cameo)
- [2007.09.02] Chao.TV (ちゃお.TV)
- [2010–2013] Test no Hanamichi (テストの花道) (Regular)
- [2010–2012] Hanasaka Times (花咲かタイムズ) (Disney Corner; Hanasaka Disney)
- [2010–2011] Bijo Gaku (美女学)
-  Oha Star (おはスタ) (2 episodes)
-  Go! Bungee Police (出動！バンジーP)
-  S/mile Factory
- [2011–2012] Hello Pro! TIME (ハロプロTIME)
-  S/mileage no Sono Joshiki Choto Mate Kudasai! (スマイレージのその常識チョトマテクダサイ!)
- [2012–2013] Hello! SATOYAMA Life (ハロー! SATOYAMA ライフ)
- [2014–2019] The Girls Live
-  Charge 730! (チャージ730！)
-  AI・DOL PROJECT (narration)
- [2019–2020] Hello Pro! TOKYO Sanpo (ハロプロ!TOKYO散歩) (narration)
-  Hanbun Esper
-  Love Letter 5 Years Ago (5年後のラブレター) (as young Kanzaki Mai)
-  Suugaku♥Joshi Gakuen (数学♥女子学園)
- [2010–2011] Hime-chen! Otogichikku Idol Lilpri (ひめチェン!おとぎちっくアイドル リルぷりっ) (as Yukimori Ringo)
-  Reverse! ~ Watashi no Karada Doko Desu ka?
-  Obaachanchi no Curry Rice ~Smile Recipe~
-  Shugo Chara! (as Sakura, X-Egg)
-  Koisuru Hello Kitty
-  Moshimo Kokumin ga Shushou wo Erandara (もしも国民が首相を選んだら)
-  Warera Jeanne ~Shoujo Seisen Kageki~ (as Jeanne d'Arc and Gigi)
-  LILIUM -Lilium Shoujo Junketsu Kageki- (as Snow)
-  SMILE FANTASY!
-  MODE
-  Yumemiru Television
-  LADY OUT LAW! (daily guest role)
-  Attack No.1
- [2015–2020] Wada Ayaka no Bijurme (和田彩花のビジュルム) (formerly ANGERME Wada Ayaka no Bijurme (アンジュルム和田彩花のビジュルム))
-  Mano Erina - Hajimete no Keiken (as a back-up dancer)
-  Mano Erina - Sekai wa Summer Party (as a back-up dancer)
-  Mano Erina - Kono Mune no Tokimeki wo (as a back-up dancer)
-  Mano Erina - Love&Peace=Paradise (as a back-up dancer)
-  ℃-ute - To Tomorrow (as a back-up dancer)
-  Horiuchi Takao - Minna Shounen Datta
-  Zombie Daisuki (ぞんびだいすき)
-  McDonald's
-  Mister Donut (ミスタードーナツの)
-  Michishige Sayumi no "Mobekimasutte Nani??" (道重さゆみの『モベキマスってなに？？』)
- [2013–2019] Hello! Project Station
- [2014–2016] MUSIC+
- [2015–2016] GREEN ROOM
- [2016–] Upcoming
- [2016–2017] Girls Night Out
- [2017–2021] tiny tiny
- [2018–2019] OMAKE CHANNEL
-  Hello Pro no Monohon!
-  Hello Pro no Oshigoto Challenge
- [2019–] Wada Ayaka to Kodama Ameko no Zangeshitsu (和田彩花と児玉雨子の懺悔室; Wada Ayaka and Kodama Ameko's Confessional) (SHOWROOM)
- She was voted 7th favorite member in the 2011 "Hello! Project Music Awards" event.
- She was ranked 3rd in the High School Group of the Beautiful Idol General Election 2012.
- She ranked 10th in mixi's June 2013 Hello! Project Popularity Ranking.
- Gallery:Wada Ayaka
- Gallery:S/mileage 1st Generation
- List:Wada Ayaka Discography Featured In
- List:Wada Ayaka Concert & Event Appearances
- List:Wada Ayaka Publications Featured In
- List:Wada Ayaka Pocket Morning Weekly Q&A
|Leader of ANGERME
April 4, 2009 – June 18, 2019
|Oldest member of ANGERME
April 4, 2009 – June 18, 2019
|Longest serving leader of ANGERME
April 4, 2009 – Present
|Longest serving member of ANGERME
November 30, 2015 – October 28th, 2021
|Leader of Hello! Project
January 1, 2017 – June 18, 2019
|Oldest member of Hello! Project
June 17, 2019 – June 18, 2019
- Official Website
- Official Blog
- Official YouTube Channel
- SHOWROOM "Wada Ayaka to Kodama Ameko no Zangeshitsu"
- Facebook Page
- YU-M Entertainment Profile
- ANGERME Profile (archived)
- S/mileage Profile (archived)
- Former Blogs:
|Shugo Chara Egg!|
|Hello Pro Kenshuusei|