FANDOM

  • JoshuaJSlone

    Though I hadn't done much with it in the last few years, working on ways to fill in the non-English wikis with information with the least repeated work necessary has been a project of mine for a long time. I think this blog entry from late 2014 is the first time I talked about it in a big way. Anyway, I've lately been helping out with Danish Hello! Project Wiki and it's got me back to making improvements on the tools and methods I'm using, so I thought I'd share in case anyone is interested.

    1. Further improvements to Genericode and processing of it

    The biggest part of working with multiple languages has been to make pages full of code phrases like #^Single^# and #^Tracklist^# which get replaced with appropriate words in each language, resul…

    Read more >
  • JoshuaJSlone

    Some of you may remember my H!P song database DohBell, which I started about the same time I started editing here. It now hasn't seen a significant update in over 2 years. Largely because as far as I know the only significant visitors were myself and search engines, so the hassle of updating started feeling like more than it was worth. I've thought about catching it up to date, but if so I want to improve and modernize the basics a bit, by making it suck less on mobile.

    For a long time my web site design has been very straightforward and simple. Throw some text and tables, a few images where appropriate, and it's going to be functional for pretty much any browser. Until mobile browsing became more of a thing, and even more so when high resol…

    Read more >
  • JoshuaJSlone

    A few of my blog entries from early last year were about my project to scan pretty much everything that comes with the discs I own. For a while I was updating with the count of how many scans I was up to, but it looks like the last time I did that was August so it seems like a better idea to have this whole new post rather than just a super late reply to the old one.

    I am still far from done, this is a looot of stuff to go through. It's also the sort of thing that gets old to do too much of at once, so I've definitely taken breaks from it. But over the last ~13 months I'm now up to 3648 scanned images across what looks to be 533 different sets, so an average of 6.8 images per item. You can still see small versions of the scanned items here …

    Read more >
  • JoshuaJSlone

    I posted about this in Discussions, but since that seems invisible to anyone not actively checking out Discussions, I'm linking it here in a more visible way.

    Read more >
  • JoshuaJSlone

    I have been scanning a lot of stuff lately, and sometimes see something worth taking a break and trying to separate. It helps a lot if it's something with clear borders which help separate it from the surrounding image. In this case it was a Minimo on the disc for Minimoni Shakatto Tambourine! Da Pyon!. I thought some people might be interested in the process.


    As will be the case for most of the images shown here, the original is much larger. Anyway, the next thing I did was straighten it out. I first cropped the disc image since when dealing with such a big scan the program likes to yell at me for running low on memory and such, so I did so--but left the PlayStation logo so I could align the Straighten tool along one of its edges. Get the…

    Read more >
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.