Tsugunaga Momoko (嗣永桃子) is a former Japanese idol and talent under Hello! Project. She first joined as a member of Hello! Project Kids in 2002 and later debuted as a member of Berryz Koubou in 2004. During her time in Hello! Project, she was the leader of the unit Buono! as well as a member of ZYX, ZYX-a, BeriKyuu, and Hello Pro Sentai Pink Rangers. She graduated from Berryz Koubou on March 3, 2015 in a joint graduation concert with the other members of the group. The same day, she officially became a member of Country Girls as the playing manager.
On June 30, 2017, Tsugunaga graduated from Country Girls and Hello! Project and retired from the entertainment industry to work in education.
"Yurushite-nyan" is Tsugunaga’s favorite apology expression, modified from a proper phrase for apologizing "yurushite kudasai (please forgive me)", always used with a gesture mimicking cat’s paws.
- 1 Biography
- 2 Personal Life
- 3 Profile
- 4 Discography
- 5 Publications
- 6 Works
- 7 Milestones
- 8 Rankings
- 9 Trivia
- 10 See Also
- 11 Honorary Titles
- 12 References
- 13 External Links
Biography[edit | edit source]
Early Life[edit | edit source]
Tsugunaga Momoko was born on March 6, 1992 in Chiba, Japan.
2002[edit | edit source]
2003[edit | edit source]
In mid through late 2003, Tsugunaga was a member of the unit ZYX and released two singles with the group before it became inactive.
2004[edit | edit source]
2007[edit | edit source]
Berryz Koubou held a concert in Saitama Super Arena for first time. At this concert, Tsugunaga sang solo for the first time. She performed "Koi wa Hipparidako," a song from their first album 1st Chou Berryz.
2009[edit | edit source]
Starting April 7, she also hosted her own radio show Momoko no Puripuri Princess on JOQR every Tuesday (23:35 to 23:50), replacing Berryz Koubou's Kiritsu Rei Chakuseki.
On July 17, Tsugunaga appeared in her first solo Pizza-La commercial. Her commercial was a Tsugunaga Momoko version of Buono!'s commercial for Pizza-La's French camembert cheese.
For her fourth solo photobook momochiiii, she held a handshake event on August 31, which makes her the first Berryz Koubou member to do so (and the third among Hello! Project Kids).
In October, Momoko was featured on the cover of Radio Bangumi Hyou's autumn 2009 issue.
2010[edit | edit source]
Starting from February 23, 2010, Up to Boy (UTB) magazine and Wani Books Mobile collaborated with Tsugunaga to create "Momo Pro" (もも♥プロ), a magazine corner where Tsugunaga teaches people how to become a professional.
On April 28, in episode 56 of her radio show Momoko no Puripuri Princess, Tsugunaga announced that she would be attending university to get a teacher's license to become a kindergarten or elementary school teacher.
In September, Tsugunaga designed an original backpack to celebrate UTB magazine's 200th issue.
2011[edit | edit source]
In July, Tsugunaga started appearing alone several different times on different Japanese variety TV shows.
In September, Tsugunaga made an appearance on a Japanese comedy show, Mecha Mecha Iketeru (also known as Mechaike) as a member of Berryz Koubou. In this show, she gained decent recognition in the Japanese media and successfully established her presence as an irritating idol (ira-dol).
On November 26, Tsugunaga appeared solo on the cover of the magazine Rod & Reel.
2012[edit | edit source]
In early January, it was announced Tsugunaga would be a regular in the internet program Fujibiji Info MAX as a "business navigator."
On January 23, a contest was held in Japan during a press event to pick a new voice for the MMORPG Dragon Nest's Harori, an in-game idol character who had previously been voiced by Michishige Sayumi. The contest was called God Idol! Harori Junior-Senior Battle. The contestants were Michishige Sayumi, Barbie-san, and Tsugunaga. The rest of the match took place online in which Michishige Sayumi came out victorious.
On April 4, Tsugunaga was the ring girl for the WBA World Championship.
On July 16, Tsugunaga held a PR event for her solo song, "Momochi! Yurushite Nyan ♡ Taisou," at a beach house called Hyper Sea House in Enoshima.
On August 6, Tsugunaga appeared at a press event in Shinagawa, Tokyo, for the rice bowl dish restaurant Hanabatake Bokujo Whey Don Tei. During the event, Tsugunaga presented her "Momochi Donburi," a rice bowl dish she produced herself. Momochi Donburi was sold for a limited time, in the restaurant, at 50 dishes a day.
On October 27-28, she had her first solo bus tour which was titled Momochi to Iku Otomomochi Tour ~Neboushi Chattara Yurushite Nyan♡~. She also opened up her own official Ameba blog.
2013[edit | edit source]
On January 2, Tsugunaga held an event titled Momochi-tsuki Taikai. At this event, she performed a New Year's version of "Momochi! Yurushite Nyan ♡ Taisou" and is presented with a Christmas tree that was decorated with images of her face.
On March 14, Tsugunaga appeared on three versions of a Pizza-La commercial with Sekine Mari. This was her first time appearing on a Pizza-La commercial representing just herself and not Buono!.
On April 29, Tsugunaga appeared solo on the cover of the magazine an weekly.
On May 20, it was announced Tsugunaga's first photo essay book would be released on June 22 titled Momochi no Kimochi.
On May 24, Tsugunaga appeared solo on the cover of the magazine Weekly Famitsu Taiwan.
On July 13, Tsugunaga appeared for a second time with Sekine Mari on a Pizza-La commercial.
2014[edit | edit source]
On January 14, it was announced Tsugunaga would hold a birthday fanclub event on March 6 at TOKYO FM HALL, titled Momochi no Otanjoubi Kai ~2 Nyan 2 Nyan 22sai Otomomochi Zenin Shugo~.
On March 2, it was announced Tsugunaga's radio show, Momoko no Puripuri Princess, would end on March 30.
On November 5, it was announced that Tsugunaga would be a member of the Country Musume reboot unit, Country Girls. She would become the group's playing manager after Berryz Koubou goes on indefinite hiatus in spring 2015.
2015[edit | edit source]
On January 30, it was announced Tsugunaga would hold a birthday fanclub event for her 23rd birthday on March 6 at Yamano Hall, titled Momochi no Otanjoubi Kai ~Otomomochi Zenin Shugo 2015~.
2016[edit | edit source]
From March 5 to 16, Tsugunaga celebrated her 24th birthday during a special bus tour event titled Momochi to Iku Otomomochi Tour ~Momochi no Otanjoubi Kai 2016~ .
During the Country Girls Live Tour 2016 Fuyu day concert at Shinjuku ReNY on November 5, Country Girls' second anniversary, Tsugunaga announced that she will be graduating from Country Girls and Hello! Project, as well as retire from the entertainment industry, on June 30, 2017 to work as a teacher, which she had already graduated from university in 2014 studying early education.
|Concerning Momoko Tsugunaga
Thank you for your continued support towards Hello! Project and Country Girls.
On June 30th 2017, Momoko Tsugunaga, the Playing Manager of Country Girls will graduate from Hello! Project and Country Girls and she will thereafter refrain her activities in the public entertainment. When the indefinite suspension of Berryz Kobo had been announced, there had been discussions about the career after this suspension, and Momoko wanted to continue to pursue a bit more as an idol, and she also indicated us she wanted someday a work related to the education.
Just for the formation of Country Girls (when Mai Satoda of Country Musume。 thought by her own that there was no more member to take over the activities, due to the fact she was in New York), during the selection of the members, knowing that Momoko had the motivation to continue as an idol (there was a worry about the choice of career), she had been added in the new group and sounded out about guiding the juniors (new members) during 2 or 3 years.
Momoko readily agreed.
Until this point, of course, she dragged Country Girls members into the good path of Hello! Project, indicated them what is Hello! Project, what does it mean being professional, by being an example for them.
During those 2 years, the members have reliably grown especially with the lessons of Momoko (Tsugunaga lesson in Japanese).
Next time is Momoko herself's turn.
She expressed previously she aimed at studying education, and devoting particulary herself to studying early childhood education. She would like to make it her next stepping stone, and we would like to support her in this new challenge.
By taking advantage of her experience of her activities in the public entertainment she had so far, she will surely make it.
After this, concerning the full schedule and other details, it will be announced as soon as it will be determined.
Thank you for your support until now.
We would like to ask you to continue to support Momoko Tsugunaga as well as Country Girls from now on as well.
Statement from Tsugunaga Momoko
|I have an announcement for everyone.
I, Momoko Tsugunaga, will graduate on the 30th June of 2017 from Country Girls as well as Hello! Project.
Since I succeeded the Hello! Project Kids Audition on the 30th June of 2002, it would make 15 years, and on this turning point, I have decided to continue further ahead on a new road.
I love idols.
While having my idol activities, I wanted to study much more on parallel because I love children so I entered the university. In 2012, I had the experience on teaching practice and when I graduated from university, on the same time I get the teacher's license for elementary school and kindergarten.
On March 2014, Berryz Kobo stopped their activities indefinitely. Then I had been appointed as the Playing Manager of Country Girl and since the group's formation, my activities objective was "during 2～3 years to make the new members of Country Girls growing".
It was my first time having junior (kouhai) in the group and everyday was refreshing. I cherish every single day with the feeling of making them wanting to become a lovely idol. Once again when I spent my time with Country Girls members I thought "it was fun to teach something to people!".
By celebrating the 2nd anniversary of the formation, the members grew up a lot, and when I thought again at my future, it made me worrying at the end so I came to the conclusion that I always had in my mind for some time, the "education", especially the "early childhood education" path I wanted to get in. From June 30th, I will devote myself once again in studying education for children, field for which I hope to work for.
Until the last day of my activities, there will be announcement when necessary.
In order to not regret the remaining time, I would like to give my gratitude with all my strength. Although it is quite a sudden announcement, please continue to support from now as well Country Girls.
2017[edit | edit source]
On March 6, Tsugunaga released her last solo photobook titled Momochi. She also celebrated her 25th birthday at a fanclub event titled Momochi no Otanjoubi Kai 2017, featuring two performances at Differ Ariake.
From April 18 to April 20, she held the Tsugunaga Momoko Memorial Event Momogatari, in which she performed songs and told stories about her past 15 years as an idol.
From June 2 to June 4, Tsugunaga held her last solo fanclub tour, Momochi to Iku Otomomochi Tour ~Minna Zutto Otomomochi da yo~. Tsugunaga digitally released the theme song for the bus tour's sports meet, titled "♡Otomomochi Densetsu♡", on June 17.
She released her last solo image Blu-ray, Off Momochi in Okinawa, on June 21.
On June 28, Tsugunaga released her first and last solo album, Tsugunaga Momoko Idol 15 Shuunen Kinen Album ♡Arigatou Otomomochi♡, which includes solo covers, unreleased songs by Country Girls, and her best 15 songs selected by fan vote.
On June 30, Tsugunaga released her last photo essay book, Tsugunaga Momoko Sotsugyou Album. Then on that evening, she held her last solo concert Tsugunaga Momoko Last Live ♥Arigatou Otomomochi♥ at an outdoor venue in Odaiba, after which she officially retired from entertainment.
Personal Life[edit | edit source]
She has a younger brother.
When Tsugunaga joined Hello! Project Kids, she was a fifth year elementary school student. In April 2010, Tsugunaga graduated from high school and announced that she would be attending university to get a teacher's license to be an elementary school teacher. In November 2012, she participated in a student teacher program, in which she taught an elementary school class. For the entire month, she put away almost all her Hello! Project-related activities to concentrate on student teaching. In January 2014, Tsugunaga talked about her graduation thesis for her university on her radio show Momoko no Puripuri Princess. The thesis was on disabled people, particularly the status of those in a persistent vegetative state - people who have some form of awareness but can no longer move. It had 20,000 characters and went over 50 pages.  On March 5, 2014, Tsugunaga confirmed, at the Sengoku Musou press event, that she would be graduating from university that year. 
The following list are notable friendships Tsugunaga Momoko has acquired:
Tsugunaga's given name, Momoko, means "peach" (桃; momo) combined with "child" (子; ko). It is taken from the holiday Momo no Sekku (桃の節句; Peach Festival), also known as Hinamatsuri, which is on March 3, three days before Tsugunaga's birthday.
Here is a list of nicknames that was used to refer to Tsugunaga Momoko:
- Momochi (ももち): Official nickname, given her since joining Berryz Koubou. Used by members and fans.
On October 10, 2015, it was announced that Tsugunaga had been diagnosed with a vocal cord polyp. To give herself time to recover, she decided to take a break from performances and handshake events. Because of this, she missed the first four days of Country Girls Live Tour 2015 Aki Fuyu. On October 24, Tsugunaga safely returned to work, and she made her official return to performing at the Country Girls 1 Shuunen Kinen Event & Tsugunaga Momoko Fukkatsusai! on November 5.
Profile[edit | edit source]
- Name: Tsugunaga Momoko (嗣永桃子)
- Birthdate: March 6, 1992
- Nickname: Momochi (ももち), Momo (もも), Momo-chan (ももちゃん), Piichicchi (ぴーちっち), Tsugu-san (つぐさん), Tsugu-chan (つぐちゃん), Tsugunaga-Pro (嗣永プロ)
- Birthplace: Kashiwa, Chiba, Japan
- Blood Type: O
- Height: 150cm (4'11") (158cm in heels)
- Western Zodiac: Pisces
- Eastern Zodiac: Monkey
- Audition Song: "Koi wo Shichaimashita!" by Tanpopo
- Hello! Project Status:
- 2002-06-30: Member
- 2004-01-14: Berryz Koubou Member
- 2014-11-05: Country Girls Playing Manager
- 2017-06-30: Graduated
- UP-FRONT GROUP Status:
- Years in Berryz Koubou: 11 Years
- Official Kaomoji: ∋∞( ´_ゝ`)∞∈
- Berryz Koubou Color:
- Navy (2005)
- Pink (2005-2006; 2007-2015)
- Yellow (2007)
- Buono! Color: Pink
- Country Girls Color: Pink
- Hello! Project Groups:
- Shuffle Units:
- Concert Units:
- Other Groups:
- Strong points: Doing my best till the end even if I'm not good at it, Going My Way, Being cute.
- Weak points: Always taking up lots of time no matter what I do!, being fickle, people getting sick of me.
- Hobbies: Reading manga! I love manga!
- Special skills: I can sleep anywhere!?, Momo Attack.
- Habit: When I'm nervous my voice gets higher?
- Rival: Ashida Mana
- Favorite Foods: Kanpachi, eel, crab, nattou, strawberry shortcake.
- Least Favoite Food/Drink: Green peas, green "matcha" tea
- Favorite Word: Itsumo happy (always happy)
- Favorite English Word: Berryz
- Favorite Color: Momo-iro (pink)
- Favorite Flower: Tulip (red ones)
- Favorite Season: Fall!! (Because there's lots of delicious things to eat).
- Favorite Song: Uwaki na Honey Pie
- Favorite Song in the Past: "Dango 3 Kyoudai" by Hayami Kentarou and Shigemori Ayumi (with Hidamari Kids and Dango Chorus), "Moonlight Densetsu" by DALI, "Toshishita no Otoko no Ko" by Candies
- Current Favorite Songs: Akai Sweet Pea, "365-nichi" by Mr.Children
- Favorite Books: Manga, picture books, mystery novels.
- Favorite Movie: Hamtaro!!
- Favorite Subject: Music
- Favorite Animals: Chicks, Foxes
- Favorite Artist: Sakurazuka Yakkun
- Favorite Idol: Seiko Matsuda
- Favorite Group: Yuzu
- Dislikes: festival clowns (still screams when she sees them), showing her forehead.
- Scared of: Roller coasters, haunted houses...
- Disliked thing to do: Dance...
- Charm Point: My little finger that acts as an antenna for receiving everyone's love <3.
- Looks up To:Yaguchi Mari,Tsuji Nozomi
Discography[edit | edit source]
Best Albums[edit | edit source]
Digital Singles[edit | edit source]
- [2010.12.10] Seinaru Kane ga Hibiku Yoru (聖なる鐘がひびく夜) (Tanpopo cover)
- [2011.03.29] Koi wo Shichaimashita! (恋をしちゃいました!) (Tanpopo cover)
- [2011.03.30] Egao ni Namida ~THANK YOU! DEAR MY FRIENDS~ (笑顔に涙) (Matsuura Aya cover)
- [2011.03.30] Kousui (香水) (Melon Kinenbi cover)
- [2017.06.17] ♡Otomomochi Densetsu♡ (♡おとももち 伝説♡) (as Momochi-sensei with Otomomochi no Minna)
Solo Songs[edit | edit source]
- [2011.08.10] Kia Ora Gracias Arigato (キャオラ・グラシャス・ありがと)
- [2012.01.25] Hatsukoi Cider (初恋サイダー) (Buono! cover)
- [2012.07.25] Momochi! Yurushite Nyan ♡ Taisou (ももち! 許してにゃん♡体操)
- [2013.01.30] Momochi! Yurushite Nyan ♡ Taisou (Yurusa Nyai Remix) (ももち！許してにゃん♡体操（許さにゃい Remix)
- [2014.07.09] Koi wa Hipparidako (恋はひっぱりだこ) (Berryz Koubou cover)
Compilations[edit | edit source]
- [2012.12.05] Petit Best 13 (#15 Momochi! Yurushite Nyan ♡ Taisou)
Solo Image DVDs/Blu-rays[edit | edit source]
- [2008.12.03] momo only.
- [2009.09.09] momo ok.
- [2010.10.27] Momochi DVD Zukan
- [2011.03.06] Momo Play♡ (“e-Hello!” DVD)
- [2011.12.23] Momo Play 2 ~Yoru mo Uzai ne~ (“e-Hello!” DVD)
- [2012.04.25] Momochi Hatachi
- [2013.03.06] Momo Play 3 ~Rest Another Day~ (“e-Hello!” DVD)
- [2015.07.14] 2nd Greeting ~Tsugunaga Momoko~ (Web limited video)
- [2017.06.21] Off Momochi in Okinawa
Solo Fanclub DVDs[edit | edit source]
- [2013.02.23] Momochi to Iku Otomomochi Tour ~Neboushi Chattara Yurushite Nyan♡~
- [2014.07.27] Momochi no Otanjoubi Kai ~2 Nyan 2 Nyan 22sai Otomomochi Zenin Shugo~
- [2015.05.27] Momochi no Otanjoubi Kai ~Otomomochi Zenin Shugo 2015~
- [2016.07.26] Momochi to Iku Otomochi Tour ~Momochi no Otanjoubi Kai 2016~
- [2017.xx.xx] Momochi no Otanjoubi Kai 2017
- [2017.xx.xx] Momochi to Iku Otomomochi Tour ~Minna Zutto Otomomochi da yo~
Other DVDs/Blu-rays[edit | edit source]
- [2007.04.01] Tsugunaga Momoko Berryz Koubou DVD Magazine Vol.8
- [2017.06.29] Tsugunaga Momoko ~Sotsugyou Memorial~
- [2017.09.13] Tsugunaga Momoko Memorial Event Momogatari
- [2017.10.25] Tsugunaga Momoko Last Live ♥Arigatou Otomomochi♥
- [2017.11.25] Tsugunaga Momoko on Country Girls Concert Tour 2017 Haru ~Momochiism~
Publications[edit | edit source]
Solo Photobooks[edit | edit source]
- [2007.06.19] momo
- [2008.03.19] momo16
- [2008.11.21] Momo no Mi
- [2009.08.21] momochiiii
- [2010.10.20] Momochi Zukan
- [2012.03.06] Hatachi Momochi
- [2017.03.06] Momochi
Other Books[edit | edit source]
- [2013.06.22] Momochi no Kimochi (ももちのきもち) (Photo essay book)
- [2017.06.30] Tsugunaga Momoko Sotsugyou Album (嗣永桃子卒業アルバム) (Photo essay book)
Works[edit | edit source]
Movies[edit | edit source]
-  Koinu Dan no Monogatari (仔犬ダンの物語) (as Morishita Mao)
-  Promise Land ~Clovers no Daibouken~ (Promise Land ~クローバーズの大冒険~)
-  Ousama Game (王様ゲーム) (as Imoto Yuuko)
-  Gomennasai (ゴメンナサイ) (as Sonoda Shiori)
TV Programs[edit | edit source]
- [2002–2007] Hello! Morning (ハロー! モーニング)
- [2007–2008] Haromoni@ (ハロモニ@)
-  Berikyuu! (ベリキュー!)
- [2008–2009] Yorosen! (よろセン!)
-  Bijo Houdan (美女放談) (2 episodes)
- [2010–2011] Bijo Gaku (美女学)
- [2011–2012] Hello Pro! TIME (ハロプロ！ＴＩＭＥ)
- [2011–2013] Kaette Kita Berryz Kamen! (帰ってきたBerryz仮面!)
- [2012–2013] Hello! SATOYAMA Life (ハロー！ＳＡＴＯＹＡＭＡライフ)
- [2014–2017] The Girls Live
- [2014–2015] Oha Suta (おはスタ) (as a Thursday regular)
TV Dramas[edit | edit source]
-  Suugaku♥Joshi Gakuen (数学♥女子学園) (as Harajuku Tomoko)
Theater[edit | edit source]
-  Edo Kara Chakushin!? ~Timeslip to Kengai!~ (江戸から着信!? 〜タイムスリップto圏外!〜)
-  Reverse! ~ Watashi no Karada Doko Desu ka? (リバース! 〜私の体どこですか?)
-  Berryz Koubou VS Berryz Koubou (Berryz工房 VS Berryz工房)
-  Thank You Very Berry (サンク ユー ベリー ベリー)
-  Sanokuen Shoujo (三億円少女)
-  Real-etude Minna no Ie Girl's STAGE (リアルエチュード みんなの家 Girl's STAGE)
-  Sengoku Jieitai (戦国自衛隊) (Stageplay)
-  Warera Jeanne ~Shoujo Seisen Kageki~ (我らジャンヌ 〜少女聖戦歌劇〜) (as Belle)
Commercials[edit | edit source]
-  Pizza-La's French Camembert Cheese with 4 Kinds of Selected Ham Pizza - "Camemdance (Tsugunaga Momoko Ver.)"
-  Pizza-La's Circular Cheese Cut Into 4 Quarters - "Music Hen", "Sizzle Hen", "Mari・Antoinette Hen"
-  Pizza-La's Ebi-LA - "Ebi-dansu Hen"
Music Videos[edit | edit source]
-  Fujimoto Miki - "Boogie Train '03" (as back dancer)
Internet[edit | edit source]
- [2008–2009] DogaDoga7 (ドガドガ7) (as a regular)
-  Michishige Sayumi no "Mobekimasutte Nani??" (道重さゆみの『モベキマスってなに？？』)
- [2012–2014] Fujibiji Info MAX (ふじびじインフォMAX) (as a regular)
- [2013–2017] Hello! Project Station
- [2014–2016] MUSIC+
- [2015–2016] GREEN ROOM
- [2016–2017] Upcoming
- [2016–2017] Girls Night Out
Radio[edit | edit source]
- [2004–2009] Berryz Koubou Kiritsu! Rei! Chakuseki! (Berryz工房 起立! 礼! 着席!)
- [2009–2014] Momoko no Puripuri Princess (桃子のぷりぷりプリンセス)
-  Viva!Paella Presesnts - MUSIC Buono! (Shonan Beach FM)
- [2011–2013] PIZZA-LA presents - Cafe Buono! (Shonan Beach FM)
- [2013–2015] PIZZA-LA presents - Torattoria Buono! (Shonan Beach FM)
Milestones[edit | edit source]
- She was the first and, up until April 2012, the only Hello! Project member to attend university while still continuing her activities as an Hello! Project member.
- She is the first Hello! Project member to graduate from university while still an active member.
- "Momo Attack", an attack she created, is a tournament in the TV show Sakigake Ongaku Banzuke Eight.
- She has participated twice in VS Arashi, a popular variety show in which people play games with the famous boy band Arashi.
- She was the ring girl for the WBA World Championship.
- The video "Momochi! Yurushite Nyan ♡ Taisou (Otomomochi Version)" has over one million views, and is the 9th highest viewed video on Berryz Koubou's YouTube channel.
- She has the most solo photobooks and solo DVDs out of all the Berryz Koubou members.
- She had at least one solo line in every Berryz Koubou single except "VERY BEAUTY".
Rankings[edit | edit source]
- She was voted 7th favorite member in the 2007 Hello! Project Music Awards event.
- She was voted favorite member in the 2008 Hello! Project Music Awards event.
- She ranked 2nd in Radio Bangumihyou's Autumn 2009 "Favorite Radio DJ’s" Ranking.
- She was voted favorite member in the 2009 Hello! Project Music Awards event.
- She ranked 2nd in Asian Plus Photo Book's April 2010 "6 hot girls from Hello! Project" ranking.
- She was voted favorite member in the 2010 Hello! Project Music Awards event.
- Her catch phrase, Yurushite Nyan! was voted the most popular catch phrase on Yahoo! JAPAN by males in 2011 (3rd most popular by females).
- She was voted favorite member in the 2011 Hello! Project Music Awards event.
- She ranked 9th best idol, 8th prettiest idol, and 8th coolest idol in BIGLOBE's May 2012 'The Best Idol General Election'.
- The MV for her song "Momochi! Yurushite Nyan ♡ Taisou" debuted at #1 on Recochoku's daily music video chart, and ranked at #3 on their weekly music video chart.
- She ranked 9th in the 2012 "Break Talents Ranking" with 92 solo TV appearances (she had 24 in 2011).
- She was voted favorite member in the 2012 Hello! Project Music Awards event.
- She ranked 1st on Twipple Trends' "Talent" ranking on February 19, 2013.
- Her nickname Momochi ranked 1st on Twipple Trends' "Hot Word" ranking on February 19, 2013.
- She ranked 10th on Orisuta magazine's "Female idols that girls like the most" ranking.
- She ranked #18 in Nikkei Entertainment magazine's 2013 "Top Female Idol Ranking".
- She ranked 1st in BOMB magazine's "Idols who seem good at handling children" ranking.
- She ranked 3rd in mixi's June 2013 Hello! Project Popularity Ranking.
- She ranked #36 in All Night Nippon Listener's 2013 Overall Female Idol Ranking.
- She ranked 12th in Nippon Cultural Broadcasting recommendation's 2013 "Female Idol Faces General Election".
- She was voted favorite member in the 2013 Hello! Project Music Awards event.
- She ranked #15 in Nikkei Entertainment magazine's 2014 "Talent Power Ranking".
- She ranked 8th in Oricon Star magazine's 2014 "Favorite female idol chosen by 300 female readers".
- She ranked 4th in Oricon Star magazine's 2014 "Favorite female idol chosen by 100 female readers in their 10's".
- She ranked 9th in Oricon Star magazine's 2014 "Favorite female idol chosen by 100 female readers in their 20's".
- She ranked 1st in the TV show Takajin Mune Ippai's 2014 "Young female talents who are good at talks" ranking.
- She ranked 2nd in a poll on AKB48's TV show ※AKB Shirabe asking which non-AKB48 idols they're glad they don't have to compete with as rivals within the group.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Her surname Tsugunaga (嗣永) is incredibly rare, only 30 individuals in Japan share the same surname.
- Is noted for not having changed her hair in terms of cut or color since she joined.
- She is easily distinguishable among the other members of Berryz Koubou because of her height and her unique singing voice.
- She is currently the shortest Berryz Koubou member with 149.8 cm. Previously, until mid 2007, Shimizu Saki had the record.
- Her younger brother practices karate (there’s a gap of 7 years between them)..
- She has a habit of sticking out her pinky, and has tried to get rid of it at one point in time, before making it a signature aspect of her image.
- When she was little, she wanted to become a florist.
- Natsuyaki Miyabi often helps her to put on make-up.
- She drew a picture of Berryz Koubou with Ishimura Maiha in Berryz's first Hawaii FC tour.
- Every year she celebrates with her family the day that she became an idol (June 30th, 2002).
- She has the longest tenure of any Hello! Project member (15 years).
- Satoda Mai praised Momo saying that she was a natural Idol.
- During dance lessons, she always helped Ishimura Maiha who had the hardest time with dance routines.
- Momo was featured in a magazine that talked about which members among H!P come from poor families (Fujimoto Miki and Kago Ai also were featured). The article said that they became idols in order to be rich.
- Her mom is the youngest of the Berryz mothers.
- Momoko once asked Morning Musume's Michishige Sayumi if she was ever told that playing the cutesy idol role was painful to watch and how long she planned to continue with the character.
- Former Morning Musume member, Takahashi Ai, often slapped Momoko's behind.
- Because of the meaning of her name, Momoko is the "peach" in Berryz Koubou ("momo" translating to "peach"). She and Sugaya Risako are the only two with fruits in their names.
- In January 2010, she stated in an interview for Thai magazine Nation Junior Magazine that she'd like to be an "eternal idol," and that she sees herself still working and being an idol in 50 years.
- In Yorosen!, she taught other Berryz Koubou members about household appliances.
- Suzuki Kanon said that if she could become any Hello! Project member, that she'd become Momoko because of her cuteness.
- All of her current member colors are pink.
- Her Koyu-biimu (Pinky Beam) was inspired by Natsuyaki Miyabi's Miya-biimu (Miya Beam).
- Her hairstyle the 'Momochi-twin tails' (her pigtails) is modeled after Seiko Matsuda's hairstyle 'The Seiko-chan cut'.
- Her dream is to be this era's Matsuda Seiko (i.e. this era's eternal idol).
- If she were to choose a successor in H!P, she'd choose Fukumura Mizuki because Fukumura is a fan of hers and has the same image color as her (pink).
- She calls her little finger "pinky.", and says that it is an antenna which communicates love to her fans.
- She doesn't like cats, and thinks they are scary because she was once chased off a slide by them.
- Shimizu Saki says she is a very reliable person, but when she's in idol mode she goes too high and goes somewhere else.
- Iikubo Haruna says it's scary how Momo can jump in forcefully into any conversation and make it her own, but also says she respects her for it and would like to mimic that part of her.
- Tsunku says he thinks it's amazing that she has been able to bring 'Yurushite Nyan' with her for so long.
- She was a really big fan of the anime Cardcaptor Sakura when she was younger.
- At Mano Erina's graduation ceremony, she states that Erina was the only person she really paid attention to and the only person in her life.
- She doesn't wear make up in her private life, only when she's working.
- She wants to make her own version of Matsuura Aya's ♡Momoiro Kataomoi♡, under the title Momochi-iro Kataomoi.
- She is the second Hello! Project member to have "graduated" from a main group to then "debut" in another main group (graduated from Berryz Koubou in March 2015 and debuted in Country Girls the same month). The first member to do so was Ishikawa Rika and the third member to do so is Inaba Manaka.
- A sumo wrestler who adores her is using her nickname Momochi in his stage name, Momochizakura Goroumaru.
- She has 5 different attacks/techniques: Momo Attack, Pinky Drill, Koyu-biimu (Pinky beam), Otomechikku Simulation (Girly Simulation), and Yurushite Nyan (Forgive me-ow).
See Also[edit | edit source]
- Gallery:Tsugunaga Momoko
- List:Tsugunaga Momoko Discography Featured In
- List:Tsugunaga Momoko Concert & Event Appearances
Honorary Titles[edit | edit source]
Leader of Buono!
Oldest Member of Buono!
Playing Manager of Country Girls
Oldest Member of Country Girls
Oldest Member of Hello! Project
References[edit | edit source]
- Hello! Morning. Broadcast Date: 2002-06-30.
- Tsunku. "『Berryz工房』（ベリーズこうぼう）誕生について" (in Japanese). Tsunku Official Website. 2003-01-15.
- "New unit Buono! Momoko, Miyabi and Airi Unit!". Hello!Online. 2007-07-23.
- "カントリー娘。「カントリー・ガールズ」に改名で再始動！ “ももち”も加入" (in Japanese). AliveM.net. 2014-11-05.
- Satoda Mai (Translator: Skoban). "A report！ (Satoda Mai)." Blog!Project. 2014-11-05.
- Oha Suta. TV Tokyo. Broadcast: 2015-03-26.
- "嗣永桃子に関するお知らせ" (in Japanese). Hello! Project. 2016-11-05.
- Concerning Momoko Tsugunaga. UP-FRONT LINK. 2016-11-05.
- "「HAPPY DINNER TIME ～ももにさちあれ！～」（嗣永桃子）FC先行受付のお知らせ" (in Japanese). UP-FC. 2017-02-21.
- "２（ももち）" (in Japanese). Country Girls Official Blog. 2017-06-17.
- 「嗣永桃子 アイドル15周年記念アルバム ♡ありがとう おとももち♡」発売決定！収録曲の投票受付開始！. Hello! Project. 2017-05-01.
- "ももち、“らしさ”満点でアイドル引退 ももち結びも一夜限り復活" (in Japanese). ORICON NEWS. 2017-06-30.
- Pocket Morning. 2016-11-11. (Translation by Ro-kun)
- "カントリー・ガールズ 嗣永桃子に関して" (in Japanese). Hello! Project. 2015-10-10.
- "カントリー・ガールズ嗣永桃子復活 新メンバー発表" (in Japanese). Nikkan Sports. 2015-11-06.
- "ももち 『ももち！許してにゃん♡体操（おとももちバージョン）』 " (in Japanese). Berryz Koubou (via YouTube). 2012-07-14.
External Links[edit | edit source]
|Members||Tsugunaga Momoko (Leader) | Natsuyaki Miyabi (Sub-Leader) | Suzuki Airi|
|Singles||1. Honto no Jibun | 2. Ren'ai♥Rider | 3. Kiss! Kiss! Kiss! | 4. Gachinko de Ikou! | 5. Rottara Rottara | 6. co・no・mi・chi | 7. MY BOY | 8. Take It Easy! | 9. Bravo☆Bravo | 10. Our Songs | 11. Zassou no Uta | 12. Natsu Dakara! | 13. Hatsukoi Cider / DEEP MIND | 14. So La Si Do ~Nee Nee~ (DVD single)|
2009: Buono! Live 2009 ~Hybrid ☆ Punch~ | Buono! First Live Tour 2009 ~Winter Festa~
|Hello! Project Concerts||
Summer Tours: 2008 | 2009 | 2010
|Units & Other Groups|
|Related Units||Hello! Project Kids | Berryz Koubou | ℃-ute | Bello! | Country Girls | PINK CRES.|
|1st Generation||Yaguchi Mari (Leader) | Umeda Erika | Shimizu Saki | Yajima Maimi | Tsugunaga Momoko | Murakami Megumi|
|ZYX-α||Niigaki Risa | Tokunaga Chinami | Sudo Maasa | Kusumi Koharu | Wada Ayaka | Ogawa Saki|
|Singles||Iku ZYX! FLY HIGH | Shiroi TOKYO|
|Units & Other Groups|
|Related Units||Morning Musume | Hello! Project Kids | Berryz Koubou | ℃-ute | S/mileage|
|High-King||Takahashi Ai | Tanaka Reina | Shimizu Saki | Yajima Maimi | Maeda Yuuka|
|Tanpopo#||Kamei Eri | Mitsui Aika | Kumai Yurina | Okai Chisato|
|Petitmoni V||Mano Erina | Nakajima Saki | Hagiwara Mai|
|Shin Minimoni.||Linlin | Fukuda Kanon | Takeuchi Akari | Miyamoto Karin|
|Aa!||Natsuyaki Miyabi | Suzuki Airi | Saho Akari|
|ZYX-α||Niigaki Risa | Kusumi Koharu | Umeda Erika | Tsugunaga Momoko | Tokunaga Chinami | Sudo Maasa | Wada Ayaka | Ogawa Saki|
|Zoku v-u-den||Michishige Sayumi | Junjun | Sugaya Risako|
|Discography Featured In|
|Albums||As Chanpuru: Chanpuru ① ~Happy Marriage Song Cover Shuu~ | Petit Best 10|
Other: Hello! Project no Zenkyoku kara Atsumechaimashita! Vol. 4 (Petitmoni V only)
|DVDs||As Chanpuru: Hello! Project DVD Magazine Vol.21|
|Concerts Featured In|
|Hello! Project||As Chanpuru: 2009 SUMMER | 2010 WINTER | 2010 SUMMER | 2011 WINTER|
Other: 2013 Fuyu (High-King, Petitmoni V, ZYX-α, Zoku v-u-den only) | Berryz Koubou Matsuri (High-King, Aa!, ZYX only) | COUNTDOWN PARTY 2016 (Tanpopo# only)
|Units & Other Acts|
|Associated Acts||Morning Musume | Berryz Koubou | ℃-ute | Mano Erina | S/mileage | Mobekimasu | Buono! | Guardians 4 | Shugo Chara Egg! | Hello Pro Egg|
|Country Musume / Country Girls|