from the album Maeda Yuki Zenkyoku Shuu ~Gwaenchanha~
|Released||January 1, 2001|
|Format||CD, cassette tape|
|Previous||Naki Usagi 1st single (2000)|
|Next||Tokyo, Yoimachigusa. 3rd single (2002)|
Three Mini Live & Handshake events were held from January to March 2001 to promote the single.
- Tokyo You Turn
- Tokyo You Turn (Original Karaoke) (オリジナル・カラオケ)
- Tokyo You Turn (Ippan You Mello Iri Karaoke) (一般用メロ入りカラオケ)
- Tasogare miss you (黄昏miss you; Miss You At Twilight)
- Tasogare miss you (Original Karaoke)
Tokyo You Turn
Tasogare miss you
Tokyo You Turn
- [2000.12.24] Hello! Morning Episode #38
Tokyo You Turn
- Hello! Project Dai Undoukai
- Hello! Project 2001 Sugoizo! 21seiki
- Hello! Project 2001 TOGETHER! SUMMER PARTY
- This is Maeda’s only single to feature Tsunku in the songwriting credits.
- Itsuki Hiroshi's comments: In order to create a sound from the new 21st century, I asked Makoto and Tsunku to produce this song. I hoped Maeda Yuki was expressed as realistic and as accurate to her actual personality as possible. The vocals of "Tokyo You Turn" is very refreshing. It is a wonderful work of art because you can feel that she is naturally speaking out through her singing voice. In order for her to strongly prosper in the new century, I would like to ask your continuous support.
- Makoto’s comments: You can turn ordinary words into something extraordinary when you add them onto a beautiful melody. That’s what songs are all about. In this song, "U Turn" is expressed as "You Turn." With Maeda Yuki's impressive vocal skills and her glossy voice, the lyrics have gained newly discovered hope for a future.
- Tsunku’s comments: I’ve met her [Maeda Yuki] a few times at Hello! Project’s concerts, which included Morning Musume and other female performers. So I knew her songs, as well as the mood she was able to create as a woman. However, when it came to creating a song for her, it was a completely different issue. Simply knowing the surface of her personality, that way wasn’t enough! For her second single, I was wondering which part of her personality I should let people know more. That was my theme while creating the song for her. And my answer was: the part that she behaves innocently and sincerely like a child, and the other part, which was her matured glossy far-reaching voice. Please take your time and enjoy the song.
- Maeda Yuki's comments from her Fan Club Newsletter, vol. 12: April 21st of the last year, I made a debut with Naki Usagi. I then toured around Japan to promote the song, and I was starting to feel like an actual professional singer. In summer, I took a part in Hello! Project’s concert for the very first time. It was such a great motivational experience for me. Also, I was largely encouraged by the fans of Hello! Project, who came to see me perform at the various events. On January 1st, 2001, my second single, "Tokyo You Turn" was released. I was able to take part in Hello! Project’s concert once again. From this song, I think you would be able to feel the side of me that is different from "Naki Usagi." The song has medium-tempo, and there is a calm, matured sound to it. The last part of the lyrics, "You Turn" was a little difficult to sing. There was no detailed instruction [from Itsuki Hiroshi, Makoto, or Tsunku], but since it was a different type of rhythm from the last song, they suggested me to maintain the rhythm, hitting the notes thoroughly, and to sing while thinking about the listeners.
|Singles||1. 1. Naki Usagi | 2. Tokyo You Turn | 3. Tokyo, Yoimachigusa. | 4. Tokyo Kirigirisu | 5. Sarasara no Kawa | 6. Nishi Shinjuku de Atta Hito | 7. Omae no Namida wo Ore ni Kure | 8. Ai Ai Daiko | 9. Gwaenchanha ~Daijoubu~ | 10. Mianhaeyo ~Gomennasai~ | 11. Busan Hatsu|
|Albums||1. Maeda Yuki Zenkyoku Shuu ~Gwaenchanha~ | 2. Busan Hatsu ~Kankoku Series Best~|
|Units & Other Acts|
|Associated Acts||SALT5 | H.P. All Stars | Ganbarou Nippon Ai wa Katsu Singers|
<ref>tags exist, but no
<references/>tag was found
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.