from the album Dai Nishou ~Tsuyogari~
|Released||August 28, 2002|
|Previous||Futari Gurashi 6th single (2001)|
|Next||GET ALONG WITH YOU 8th single (2003)|
Tokyo Bijin (東京美人; Tokyo Beauty) is Nakazawa Yuko's seventh single. It sold 13,560 copies in its first week and 16,860 copies overall. It was released on August 28, 2002.
The single sold a total of 21.836 copies, and ranked at #14 on the Oricon music charts.
"Tokyo Bijin" appears on the albums Petit Best 3, Dai Nishou ~Tsuyogari~, the Hawaiian release Hello! Project Best 3, and Legend. The PV for "Tokyo Bijin" appears on Petit Best 3 DVD, Nakazawa Yuko Single M Clips 1, and Legend.
- Tokyo Bijin
- Klaxon (クラクション; Car Horn)
- Tokyo Bijin (Instrumental)
- [2002.08.29] Music Station
- [2002.08.30] Utaban
- Tokyo Bijin
- Hello! Project 2002 ~One Happy Summer Day~
- Shinshi wa Mini ga Osuki! at studio DREAM MAKER
- Hello! Project 2003 Winter ~Tanoshin Jattemasu!~
- Yuko Nakazawa Christmas Live Tour 2004 Winter ~Watashi ga Omou Konna Christmas~ Live DVD
- Nakazawa Yuko Otona no Valentine Fanclub Tour in Seoul
- HELLO! PROJECT SPORTS FESTIVAL 2006 in SAITAMA SUPER ARENA?HELLO! DIVA ATHLETE?
- TYPE-Y 2007 BIRTHDAY LOVE Mahou no Pressure! Kotoshi mo Yarimasu Special ~Live Ato, Yotei wo Irenaide Kudasai~
- Nakazawa Yuuko Live at Cotton Club -Shinshi wa Imademo Mini ga O-suki!-
Nakazawa’s comment about the single, in a 2008-interview:
"This is the song that changed my direction of career.
Until I received this song, I was honestly losing the purpose of singing. I was also losing confidence and I was about to give up my career. When I was feeling this way, I received this song. I did my own solo live for the first time, and the concert’s director was the same director as Moritaka Chisato's. So I received lessons from him during rehearsals. In terms of singing, he gave me so many great advices like, “No Nakazawa, that’s not it. That wasn’t quite it” etc. I was practicing the song over and over. After the lessons, I suddenly felt joy in singing once again. And I began falling in love with this song. I was able to sing this song. I know something has changed inside me.
I love the CD cover as well as the music video. I really felt a destiny for this song. And that’s why I try not to sing it all the time at live performance. It’s such an important song for me that I am keeping it deep inside me as a secret treasure. Look at my photos [from the photo shoot] from “Tokyo Bijin”. Don’t I look really cold and unapproachable? I look extremely determined. My eyes seem to be saying, “I’m going to show you what I’ve got.” (lol) How should I describe them? It’s not like, “Come and fight against me.” But my eyes are so piercing. If I feel that way by looking at my own photo, I wonder what others were thinking."
- Discography: Hello! Project (archived), UP-FRONT WORKS, Tsunku.net
- Wikipedia: Japanese
- Lyrics: Tokyo Bijin, Klaxon
|Singles||1. Karasu no Nyoubou | 2. Odaiba Moonlight Serenade | 3. Junjou Koushinkyoku | 4. Shanghai no Kaze | 5. Kuyashi Namida Porori | 6. Futari Gurashi | 7. Tokyo Bijin | 8. GET ALONG WITH YOU | 9. Genki no Nai Hi no Komoriuta / Nagaragawa no Hare | 10. DO MY BEST | 11. Urara | 12. Danna-sama|
|Albums||Original: 1. Nakazawa Yuko Dai Isshou | 2. Dai Nisshou ~Tsuyogari~|
Collaborations: 1. FOLK SONGS | 2. Folk Songs 2 | 3. Together!
|Other||Other: Nakazawa Yuko Single M Clips ①|
Concerts: Shinshi wa Mini ga Osuki! at studio DREAM MAKER
|Units & Other Acts|
|Associated Acts||Morning Musume | Akagumi 4 | H.P. All Stars | Puripuri Pink | Afternoon Musume | Dream Morning Musume | Ganbarou Nippon Ai wa Katsu Singers|