|Tanaka Karen, 2015|
|Nicknames||Tanakare (たなかれ?), Renren (れんれん?)|
|Born||December 24, 1997|
|Agency||UP-FRONT PROMOTION (2013-2014)|
|Label||UP-FRONT WORKS (2013-2014)|
|Associated Acts||Hello Pro Kenshuusei, Ru:Run|
|Joined||May 5, 2013|
|Left||September 1, 2014|
|Time in Group||1 Year, 3 Months, 27 Days|
In 2015, she joined the idol group Ru:Run, later becoming Zenryoku Shoujo R, and graduated in 2017.
Tanaka Karen was born on December 24, 1997, in Aichi, Japan.
In May 2013, Tanaka joined Hello Pro Kenshuusei. She was introduced as a member of the program on May 5, 2013 at the Hello Pro Kenshuusei Happyoukai 2013 ~Haru no Koukai Jitsuryoku Shindan Test~ event, alongside Inaba Manaka, Mikame Kana, Fujii Rio, Mashiro Kana and Inoue Hikaru.
On September 1, 2014, it was announced that Tanaka had ended her training within Hello Pro Kenshuusei.
In April 2015, she joined the idol group RuRian (later renamed Ru:Run), and the group made its debut live on April 18.
In March 2016, it was announced that Ru:run and Ryuuseigun Shoujo would merge and become Zenryoku Shoujo R. Ru:Run's final live event was held on April 19th. The next day, April 20th, it was announced that Tanaka Karen will be on hiatus due to a leg injury.
On April 19, 2017, it was announced that Tanaka Karen graduated from the group.
When Tanaka joined Hello Pro Kenshuusei in May 2013, she was a first year high school student.
She graduated from high school on March 12, 2016.
The following is a list of nicknames that was used to refer to Tanaka Karen:
- Tanakare (たなかれ): Official nickname during her time in Hello Pro Kenshuusei.
- Renren (れんれん): Official nickname, given her since joining Ru:Run.
- Name: Tanaka Karen (田中可恋)
- Nicknames: Tanakare (たなかれ), Renren (れんれん)
- Birthday: December 24, 1997
- Birthplace: Aichi, Japan
- Blood type: A
- Height: 150cm
- Eastern Zodiac: Capricorn
- Eastern Zodiac: Ox
- Hello! Project Status:
- 2013-05: Hello Pro Kenshuusei Member
- 2014-09-01: Left
- Ru:Run Member Color: Purple
- Hello! Project groups:
- Hello Pro Kenshuusei (2013-2014)
- Other groups:
- Ru:Run (2015–2016) (4th Leader)
- Zenryoku Shoujo R (2016-2017)
- Specialty: Songs, Turning fist
- Hobbies: Songs, Ikebana
- Motto: "Use the cold days when no flowers bloom to dig your roots in deep; then, in time, you will produce big blossoms" (何も咲かない寒い日は､下へ下へと根を伸ばせ｡やがて大きな花が咲く)
- Favorite Color: Red
- Favorite Sports: Wakeboarding, Snowboarding
- Favorite Hello! Project songs: "Otona no Tochuu" by S/mileage
- Looks Up To: Tanaka Reina, Tamura Meimi, Okai Chisato
Discography Featured InEdit
Hello Pro KenshuuseiEdit
- Prior to joining Hello Pro Kenshuusei, she auditioned for the idol group Tokyo Cheer Party.
- She joined Hello Pro Kenshuusei because she wanted to become a singer.
- She wants to be a cool idol, one that isn't the type to be talking all the time and fluttering about.
- For her, the best thing about joining Hello Pro Kenshuusei was when she received a solo song.
- For her, the hardest thing about joining Hello Pro Kenshuusei was when her individual songs were less than those of her generation-mates.
- In terms of fashion, she looks up to Tanaka Reina.
- She shares the same last name with Morning Musume 6th generation member Tanaka Reina, and former Hello Pro Egg member Tanaka Anri.
- She can bend her fingers.
- She eats french toast for breakfast.
- Her favorite school event is the ball game tournament.
- She gave Kanazawa Tomoko a plum, and Kanazawa says Tanaka is a nice girl.
- She and Inoue Hikaru are the first members of Hello! Project to be from Mie prefecture.
- She was the oldest in her Hello Pro Kenshuusei generation, being only three days older than Inaba Manaka.
- She wants to try singing "Shabondama" by Morning Musume.
- Her rivals in Hello Pro Kenshuusei were her generation-mates. They joined at the same time, so it was immediately apparent who she didn't want to lose to.
- Her dream is to someday go to Kouhaku, and go to Budoukan with Ru:Run.
- She wants to be cool. She's not all cutesy or perky, but, as she says, "a realistic 15 years old."
- She says that singing is tough for her. Getting the rhythm, hitting the notes, there are a lot of things she can't do. Even when she practices at home, there are still parts she messes up on.
- She tries to get the rhythm better by listening to music on the train and patting out the beat.
- She says that her body is stiff. Her mother's is, too, and so that makes her particularly bad at dancing.
- Tsunku's comments: "I think that if you can establish a character, you can achieve a singular position even in Hello! Project. It'd be good if you had a nickname that both the fans and the other members could really get into. Let's try thinking of one."
- Official Ru:Run Profile
- Official Twitter (deleted)
- Official Blog (inactive)
- Official Profile (archived)
- Hello Pro Kenshuusei blogs: June 2013, December 2013, February 2014