She was first introduced at the Hello! Project 2011 SUMMER ~Nippon no Mirai wa WOW WOW Live~ concert on August 14, 2011. She graduated from ANGERME and Hello! Project on May 30, 2016 to pursue stage acting.
In August 2018, she made her solo artist debut.
- 1 Biography
- 2 Personal Life
- 3 Profile
- 4 Discography
- 5 Publications
- 6 Works
- 7 Trivia
- 8 See Also
- 9 References
- 10 Honorary Titles
- 11 External Links
Tamura Meimi was born on October 30, 1998 in Gunma, Japan to a couple whose names are undisclosed.
On August 14, Tamura Meimi was announced as a S/mileage sub-member at the Hello! Project 2011 SUMMER ~Nippon no mirai wa WOW WOW Live~ concert
On September 15, Tamura made her first post on the S/mileage sub-members' official blog and called it "Heart Pounding".
On October 16, Tamura, along with the other S/mileage sub-members, were announced as official members, becoming second generation members.
On May 13, information was released about an event featuring the 9th and 10th generation members of Morning Musume as well as S/mileage’s 2nd generation members, titled Mosuma FC Event ~Gachi☆Kira~, which would take place in June at Yokohama Blitz.
On April 14, S/mileage's 2nd generation held a fanclub event.
On October 29, Tamura held an event to celebrate her 15th birthday titled S/mileage ~Tamura Meimi Birthday Event 2013~, which featured two performances in Tokyo.
On April 30, she released her first solo e-Hello! DVD titled May.
On October 31, Tamura celebrated her 16th birthday at an event titled S/mileage ~Tamura Meimi Birthday Event 2014~, featuring two performances in Tokyo.
On December 3, Tamura celebrated her 17th birthday at an event titled ANGERME Tamura Meimi Birthday Event 2015, featuring two performances in Tokyo.
On December 20, during the ANGERME FC Event 2015 ~Hitoashi Osaki ni Miracle Xmas~, Tamura Meimi announced she would graduate from ANGERME and Hello! Project in the spring of 2016. She explained she wanted to start over and become a singer, as well as pursue her dream of becoming a musical actress.
Statement from Tamura Meimi
|To everyone who supports us
I, Meimi Tamura, will graduate from ANGERME and Hello! Project during 2016 spring.
I have been a Hello! Project idol for 4 years and a half, since I became S/mileage. This year, I have been able to do this hall tour, and perform successfully 2 times as 9 members at the Nippon Budokan. Fukuda Kanon-san also graduated and we have welcomed a new member so this year was really full.
With all of this, I want to follow my own challenge! This feeling became little by little stronger. And during ANGERME’s activities, many people told me they like when I sing, and every time I heard those words, I thought about always singing.
Then, about one of my other dreams… I would like to be a musical actress. After this nice dream realized of becoming a S/mileage member, I would like to have a new start and fulfill this new dream.
I am anxious about some points, but I made this decision thanks to all the fans. S/mileage grew up as ANGERME. As ANGERME’s member, I have been proud that I performed as a Hello! Project idol.
I will cherish the remaining time I have as an ANGERME’s member and I will continue to try my best harder than ever! Please continue to support ANGERME, as well as Meimi Tamura!
20th December 2015
On January 2, the first day of the Hello! Project 2016 WINTER ~DANCING! SINGING! EXCITING!~ concert tour, Tamura's graduation date was announced to be May 30 and would be held at Nippon Budokan at the end of the ANGERME Concert Tour 2016 Haru "Kyuui Ittai".
On September 1, Tamura's profile photo was removed from Hello! Project's OG page and UP-FRONT PROMOTION's artist page. At this time it was not announced whether she had been transferred to another agency under UP-FRONT GROUP or joined a different company.
On January 22, it was announced that Tamura was cast as Honda Minako. in the biographical musical minako -Taiyou ni Natta Utahime-, performed from May 17 to 21. Honda was a classical singer and musical actress, who began her career in the '80s as a pop singer and passed away from leukemia in 2005. The musical director Nozawa Toru was involved in the production of Tamura's graduation concert and revealed that he only pictured Tamura in the role when he had the project idea. After being cast, she began vocal lessons to change her style from an idol singer into a musical actress.
On April 1, Tamura announced she was cast in the Peacepit stage play Grand Guignol, the latest installment in playwright Suemitsu Kenichi's TRUMP series that also includes LILIUM -Lilium Shoujo Junketsu Kageki-. It ran from July 29 to August 20.
On May 17, she opened the Tamura Meimi Official Fanclub "Thanks!!".
On October 15, she performed in the music theater show Funfair.
On October 27, it was announced that Tamura would participate in the Chikyuu no Otoko ni Akita Tokoro yo ~Aku Yu Respect Album released on November 15. The album featureed covers of hit songs written by the late award-winning lyricist Aku Yu. Tamura covered the 1975 song "Romance" by Iwasaki Hiromi.
From November 3 to November 26, Tamura starred in the stage play Kyo no Keika at Meijiza, one of the oldest theaters in Japan.
At her first one-man live held on May 12 at duo MUSIC EXCHANGE, Tamura announced that she would make her major debut as a solo singer under the Victor Entertainment record label in August.
From October 11 to November 24, Tamura performed in the musical adaptation of Rurouni Kenshin as Sanjo Tsubame.
On November 3, she performed in the annual Honda Minako. memorial concert, 2018 LIVE FOR LIFE Ongakusai, held at Nihonbashi Mitsui Hall.
On April 3, she began writing a column titled "Himegoto" for Yomiuri Shimbun's weekly evening paper popstyle.
On May 5 and 6, she performed in I Love Musical ~GIFT Anata ni Okuru Uta~.
From October 10 to October 25, Tamura performed as Jaquenetta in the Toho's production of LOVE’S LABOUR’S LOST -Koi no Honeorizon-, which is a Japanese version of The Public Theater's 2013 musical adaptation of Shakespeare's Love's Labour's Lost.
On November 18, she appeared in the TRUMP series 10th ANNIVERSARY FINAL "Mayuki Dai Yakai" live and talk event held at Orchard Hall.
On November 24, she released her first cover album, TAMURA MEIMI COVERS, which contains seven of her favorite songs that she previously covered for the YouTube project "Tamura Meimi COVERS". The CD was only sold at the Tamura Meimi One-Man Live 2019 "Watashi no Akashi♡ Vol.3" held at Veats Shibuya.
On December 4, the Hairspray cast, including Tamura, will perform a number from the musical for the first night of Fuji TV's FNS Kayousai 2019.
Tamura's mother, Ayako, was a Troupe Organizer, and acted at Gunma Prefecture in Japan. Tamura has an older sister named Tamura Karen. She also has two pet dogs named Pon-chan and Non-chan. On October 12, 2013, Tamura’s grandmother passed away.
The following list are notable friendships Tamura Meimi has acquired:
- Nakanishi Kana: She currently gets along best with Nakanishi Kana in ANGERME.
- Aikawa Maho: She gets along well with ANGERME member Aikawa Maho
- Miyamoto Karin: She is good friends with Juice=Juice member Miyamoto Karin.
- Kosuga Fuyuka: When Tamura joined S/mileage she was close friends with Kosuga Fuyuka.
Here is a list of nicknames that was used to refer to Tamura Meimi:
- Meimei (めいめい): Official nickname, given her since joining S/mileage. Used by members and fans.
- Meimin (めいみん): Second official nickname, given her since joining S/mileage. Used by members and fans.
- Tamu (たむ): An abbreviation for Tamura.
- Name: Tamura Meimi (田村芽実)
- Nickname: Meimei (めいめい), Meimin (めいみん), Tamu (たむ), Tamutamu (たむたむ), Mei (めい), Tamumei (たむめい)
- Birthdate: October 30, 1998
- Birthplace: Isesaki, Gunma, Japan
- Bloodtype: O
- Height: 159cm
- Western Zodiac: Scorpio
- Eastern Zodiac: Tiger
- Hello! Project Status:
- 2011-08-14: S/mileage sub-member
- 2011-10-16: S/mileage full member
- 2016-05-30: Graduated
- UP-FRONT PROMOTION Status:
- 2011-08-14: Joined
- 2016-09-01: Left
- Years in S/mileage / ANGERME: 4 Years
- Official Kaomoji: ﾒｲ´‘ ｗ‘）
- S/mileage / ANGERME Color:
- Green (2011-2014)
- Purple (2014-2016)
- Audition Song: "○○ Ganbaranakutemo Eenende!!" by S/mileage
- Hello! Project Groups:
- Favorite Subject: Music, art
- Favorite Animal: Loves all animals.
- Favorite Color: Loves all colors
- Favorite Food: Squid soumen, plum konbu, scallop strings.
- Favorite English Phrase: "For you"
- Hobby: Playing with her dog
- Special Skill: Room arrangement, sports, doing hair.
- Strong Point: Being energetic
- Weak Point: Being rough and openhanded
- Audition Song: ○○ Ganbaranakutemo Eenende!!
- Looks up to: Niigaki Risa, Hagiwara Mai
- Mini Albums
- [2019.03.20] Sprout
- Cover Albums
- [2017.11.15] Chikyuu no Otoko ni Akita Tokoro yo ~Aku Yu Respect Album (Track #7 Romance; Iwasaki Hiromi cover)
- [2019.11.24] TAMURA MEIMI COVERS
- Digital Songs
- [2018.04.25] Romance
- Solo Songs
- Mou Nakanai to Kimeta (from LILIUM -Lilium Shoujo Junketsu Kageki-)
- Yumemiru Fifteen (S/mileage cover; from SMILE FANTASY!)
- Original Songs
-  pledge
-  Yamiyo Dake Konbanwa (闇夜だけこんばんわ; Good Evening Only on a Moonless Night)
-  Hada to Iu Uso (肌という嘘; The Lie of Skin)
- [2018.12.25] Tamura Meimi 2019 Calendar (田村芽実 2019カレンダー)
Featured on the cover
- [2011.11.14] CD&DL Data (with Tanaka Reina, Mano Erina, Yajima Maimi, Tsugunaga Momoko, Suzuki Airi, Wada Ayaka, Sayashi Riho)
-  Kaidan Shin Mimibukuro・Igyou (怪談新耳袋・異形) (as Misaki)
- [2011–2012] Hello Pro! TIME (ハロプロ！ＴＩＭＥ)
-  S/mileage no Sono Joshiki Choto Mate Kudasai! (スマイレージのその常識チョトマテクダサイ!)
- [2012–2013] Hello! SATOYAMA Life (ハロー! SATOYAMA ライフ)
- [2014–2016] The Girls Live
-  Suugaku♥Joshi Gakuen (数学♥女子学園)
-  Mister Donut (ミスタードーナツの)
-  Sekai Daikyouryuuten (世界大恐竜展) (as Tirara the Dinosaur Guide)
-  Daddy-Long-Legs (as an Orphan)
-  The Sound of Music (as Gretl Von Trapp)
-  The Sound of Music (as Marta Von Trapp)
-  Shugo Chara! (as Yuiki Yaya)
-  Coco Smile 7 (ココ・スマイル7)
-  Warera Jeanne ~Shoujo Seisen Kageki~ (as Constance and Marion)
-  LILIUM -Lilium Shoujo Junketsu Kageki- (as Marigold)
-  SMILE FANTASY!
-  minako -Taiyou ni Natta Utahime- (minako-太陽になった歌姫-) (as Honda Minako; lead role)
-  Grand Guignol (グランギニョル) (as Kiki Watson)
-  Funfair
-  Kyo no Keika (京の螢火)
-  Marigold (マリーゴールド) (as Gerbera)
-  Rurouni Kenshin (るろうに剣心) (as Sanjo Tsubame)
-  I Love Musical ~GIFT Anata ni Okuru Uta~ (I Love Musical～GIFT あなたに贈る詩～)
-  LOVE’S LABOUR’S LOST -Koi no Honeorizon- (LOVE’S LABOUR’S LOST-恋の骨折り損-) (as Jaquenetta)
-  Hairspray (as Amber)
- [2012–2015] SS1422
-  AS1422
- Prior to joining S/mileage, she was a part of an acting program called Musical Village, which her mother and sister inspired her to join.
- Sato Masaki thinks Meimi is the coolest member of Hello! Project.
- If she could join another group, she'd join ℃-ute.
- She'd like to take Wada Ayaka to see Wicked.
- Her audition number was 13.
- Shares a birthday with Morning Musume member Fukumura Mizuki and former Coconuts Musume member Ayaka.
- She is good at imitating synchronized swimming and goldfish.
- Wants to do a duet with Hagiwara Mai.
- On her days off from work, she spends most of her time playing with her dog.
- Tamura has stated; "I'm still a novice at singing and dancing but, I'm trying my very very best everyday to improve".
- She said that in her previous life she thinks she was a sloth, because she likes to sleep alot.
- She said if a thief came she'd feel that Tanaka Reina would come protect her.
- She said if she could be another member, she said she would be Tsugunaga Momoko, because her overall personality is cute.
- Describes her personality as loud.
- Kept a dog she found in a cardboard box in January 2012.
- In Team Okai she covers Ishida Ayumi.
- She likes Chickadees.
- She tends to her bangs because she doesn't want to keep on plucking her eyebrows.
- She believes that Tsugunaga Momoko is the both most energetic and mellowest member of Hello! Project. She explains that Tsugunaga has the ability to go both ways like an on-off switch, in which she personally believes she has no control over.
- During the S/mileage Live Tour 2013 ~Smile Charge~, she expressed her love for soy sauce and puts it on everything she eats, including salads and potatoes.
- She has bad vision, but she is afraid to put in contacts.
- In Fukuda Kanon's final interview before her graduation, she had this to say about Tamura: "She really does a lot of research on herself. She likes theatre and the way she can use her singing voice so freely is really cool. She never gets embarrassed by anything, so she’s always able to adopt the feelings of the main character in any song. I’m her senior but I really look up to her."
- She and Nakanishi Kana and Kosuga Fuyuka were the first members of S/mileage that were not from Hello Pro Kenshuusei.
- She attended the ANGERME Concert Tour 2017 Haru ~Kawaru Mono Kawaranai Mono~ in Saitama and gave them a fruit platter.
- She really wanted to star in the musical Annie when she was younger and auditioned for it almost every year. Because she heard they were looking for shorter girls, she never drank milk during school lunch. In the end, she failed every year and would cry while listening to "Tomorrow" in the car on the way home.
- Gallery:Tamura Meimi
- Gallery:S/mileage 2nd Generation
- List:Tamura Meimi Discography Featured In
- List:Tamura Meimi Concert & Event Appearances
Youngest member of S/mileage
Youngest active member of Hello! Project
- BMI Profile
- Victor Entertainment Profile
- Official Fanclub Site
- Official YouTube Channel
- ANGERME Profile (archived)
- Official Blogs:
|Singles||1. Kagayaite ~My dream goes on~ • 2. Mahou wo Ageru yo ~Magic In The Air~ • 3. Butai|
|Albums||Studio Albums: 1. Ichijiku|
Mini Albums: Sprout
Cover Albums: TAMURA MEIMI COVERS
|Songs||Video Collections: CLIP&COVERS|
|Concerts & Events|
|Units & Other Acts|