|Taiyou to Ciscomoon, January 2020|
|Also Known As||T&C Bomber (T&Cボンバー)|
|Genre||Japanese-pop, Blues, Jazz, R&B|
|Years Active||1999–2000, 2008-2009, 2013-2015, 2018-present|
|Labels||UP-FRONT WORKS (1999–2000, 2008-2009)|
zetima (1999–2000, 2008-2009)
|Agency||UP-FRONT AGENCY (1999–2000)|
|Associated Acts||Osaka Performance Doll, Akagumi 4, Aoiro 7, Kiiro 5, 7AIR, Priest, H.P. All Stars, Puripuri Pink, Hello! Project Shirogumi, Elder Club|
The group disbanded after a final performance in Osaka, on October 9, 2000, but re-united as Taiyou to Ciscomoon for their 10th anniversary releasing a best-of album as well as holding several concerts. They also get together on occasions for events, or for participating in Hello! Project concerts. They also held a 20th anniversary concert in 2019.
On November 22, 1998, Tsunku announced on the TV show ASAYAN his idea for a new girl group. The audition, titled Tsunku Producer Geinoujin Atarashii Unit Audition, received a total of 500 applications. 8 candidates were selected as the finalists, with Inaba Atsuko, Kominato Miwa, Shinoda Miho, and RuRu passing the audition.
After having chosen the final four, they were sent to four different cities in the United States to work on their vocals and dance skills. For three weeks from February to March 1999, ASAYAN covered the members' journeys. Inaba was sent to Atlanta (famous for gospel and soul), Kominato to Detroit (famous for Motown), Shinoda to Memphis (famous for southern blues music), and Honda to Chicago (famous for blues and rhythm). They spent three weeks improving themselves before they officially debuted in April 1999.
The unit's name was decided by Tsunku as "Taiyo to Ciscomoon". They released their first single, "Tsuki to Taiyou", on April 21. Originally, the unit was formed under a contract of releasing only one song. They were told that if their debut song placed lower than Morning Musume's debut song, there was no point in continuing producing this group. The single landed 6th place on the Oricon charts during its first release week, later moving up to 4th place. After it's success, it was announced the group was going on a single release spree; each month, from April to September, a new single would be released.
As annual school festival season was approaching, which would provide musicians with opportunities for small gigs, everything seemed to be going smoothly. However, there was one incident that changed the unit. They were told the restructuring plan to improve the quality of the unit. In order to become better performers with consistency and high skills, the agency asked Tsunku to reconsider the unit's dynamics. After examining videos from various school festivals, Tsunku made a decision to let go of Kominato. The decision would become in effect for the release of their next single.
After the release of their debut album, Taiyou to Ciscomoon released their sixth single, "Marui Taiyou -winter ver.-" on December 8 as a trio. Forcing Kominato on the sideline for all of Taiyou to Cicsomoon's activities during this period, until she returned on January 3, 2000.
For each single the group released, the sales figured dropped rapidly. Their first single sold almost 200,000 copies, while the latest one only sold 30,000 copies. Although Taiyo to Ciscomoon was a unique group due to their style of music, which were either dance songs full of rhythm, or jazz/soul inspired songs full of heavy vocals, it was the other girl groups within Hello! Project who had high sales figures.
When Kominato Miwa returned to to the group, the group’s name changed to "T&C Bomber".
Before doing anything else as a group after the name change, Tsunku had decided to shuffle all the girls he produced into units. The members of T&C Bomber were split and shuffled, and spent time recording and releasing the singles within this project. After the shuffle singles went on sale in March, it would only be a month before they released their first single under their new name, "DON'T STOP Ren'aichuu".
In July, they released what would be their last single: "HEY! Mahiru no Shinkirou. The song was described by Tsunku as oriental funk, and had a new sound to it, similar to Heike Michiyo's "Murasaki Shikibu". It was featured in the movie Country Girl Hokkaido Bokujou Monogatari, in which T&C Bomber made a guest appearance.
On August 27, during ASAYAN, they released the news of the unit's upcoming disbandment in October. The reason was so that each artist could focus on solo activities. Three days later, T&C Bomber released the CONCERT TOUR 2000 YO! YO! Taiyo-La! Muunsan no Dance Tengoku on DVD and VHS. They had been on one tour before (Gatameki-live), but this was their first concert to be recorded and released on video. It reached #27 on the Oricon charts and charted for one week.
The group released their second album, 2nd STAGE, which was released in September. This was followed by a farewell concert tour, DO-DA! Taiyo & Ciscomoon vs T&C Bomber, which began in October. Their words of farewell were:
- Kominato Miwa: "Thank you for the last year and a half. Your cheering voices reached into my heart and gave me the strength to go on. Until next time… See you."
- Shinoda Miho: "It’s been a year and a half since I met everyone. With everyone’s help, I was able to form so many great memories. I’m going to keep on working hard, so until the day I see you again… Thank you for everything."
- Inaba Atsuko: "That year and a half went by so quickly. But I have so many memories from it. Thank you for all your support. And please keep on supporting me."
- RuRu: "Thank you for everything! Keep your eyes on us from now. Jīn hòu yě qǐng duō guān zhào. Zài jiàn."
A video collection on VHS and DVD, titled All Taiyou to Ciscomoon / T&C Bomber, was released on December 12, which was the last thing T&C Bomber did together until 2008.
Shortly after the disbandment of the group, RuRu, Kominato, and Shinoda left the agency. Kominato had been asked to debut as a solo enka/minyo singer, but she chose to stay away from the major spotlight. Inaba however, stayed with the agency, and a new audition was announced, called Inaba Atsuko Shin Unit Audition. This ran from December 2000 up until May 2001, but the audition was unsuccessful and a new unit featuring Inaba was shelved.
In December, eight years after disbanding, the group came back together as Taiyou to Ciscomoon in order to celebrate their ten year anniversary and the release of their best album Taiyo to Ciscomoon / T&C Bomber Mega Best.
Their first official reunion was on January 9 in Shibuya. The only member to not attend was RuRu, as she had commitment to working as a vocal couch in Taiwan.
In March, the group called for fans to sign a petition for a 10th anniversary live performance. In 2 months, the petition received more than 2,200 signatures. Their final live performance took place in October. RuRu did not take part in the performance due to scheduling conflicts. Afterwards, the group's official blog ended, though it was not taken down and was occasionally updated with information about the members (though it has since been removed from Oricon's site).
The reunion and farewell concert held in 2009, Are Kara 10nen Taiyou to Ciscomoon LIVE 2009 Last&NewDecade, was released in January as a fanclub release, and concluded Taiyou to Ciscomoon as a group.
On December 31, Taiyou to Ciscomoon, without RuRu, participated in the Hello! Project COUNTDOWN PARTY 2013 ~GOOD BYE & HELLO!~.
On July 19, 2015, all four members of Taiyou to Ciscomoon got together for a special talk and live event for one night only, titled Saisho de Saigo Janakatta! Taiyou to Ciscomoon Talk Live ~Yappari 4nin de~ 
In 2018, for Hello! Project's 20th anniversary, Taiyou to Ciscomoon (once again without RuRu) performed in the Hello! Project 20th Anniversary!! Hello! Project Hina Fes 2018 and Hello! Project 20th Anniversary!! Hello! Project 2018 SUMMER concerts.
At the end of the year, it was also announced that the group would be part of the 2019 concert Hello! Project 20th Anniversary!! Hello! Project 2019 WINTER.
In March, Kominato announced on her Twitter that the group would get together for their 20th anniversary. It would be a live talk event held at Dai Ani LIVEBASE Nishiazabu on April 21, titled Debut Kinenbi Yes! Shiawase Issho ni Iwatte Kuremasu ka?.
At the live talk, it was announced that Taiyou to Ciscomoon would hold a concert with a live band at COTTON CLUB on July 28, 2019. This was also confirmed by Kominato on Twitter on May 17. On June 12, tickets went on sale and the name of the live concert was revealed to be Last & Νew Decade 2.
In December, the live concert was released on DVD and BLU-RAY.
- [2000.02.19] Majutsushi Orphen Revenge OST Part 2
- [2000.04.26] Petit Best ~Ki Ao Aka~
- [2013.12.31] Hello! Project no Zenkyoku kara Atsumechaimashita! Vol. 1
- [2014.07.09] Hello! Project no Zenkyoku kara Atsumechaimashita! Vol. 4
- [2003.02.05] Dou Soukai '03 ASAYAN
- [2020.01.08] Petit Best 20 2020 (Disc 2 #6 Everyday Everywhere)
- Concert DVDs
- [2000.08.30] CONCERT TOUR 2000 YO! YO! Taiyo-La! Muunsan no Dance Tengoku
- [2010.01.15] Are Kara 10nen Taiyou to Ciscomoon LIVE 2009 Last&NewDecade
- Other DVDs
TV Programs Edit
- The group got their name from combining the names of the two groups they were split into during their audition process (San Fran and Cisco Moon).
- When the group was formed they got the name 太陽とシスコムーン. It means Sun and Ciscomoon, and has been romanized officially in different ways: TAIYO&CISCOMOON, SUN&CISCOMOON, Taiyou to Ciscomoon, Taiyo & Ciscomoon, and Taiyou to Ciscomoon.
- Taiyou to Ciscomoon was known as a unique group because of the style of their music. Their songs were either dance songs full of rhythm or jazz/soul inspired songs full of heavy vocals.
- They were also unique in how they were trained: They were each sent to four different U.S. cities, famous for their unique styles of music and singers they have produced, to work on their vocals and dance.
- Japanese pop-singer aiko revealed that she took part in the Taiyou to Ciscomoon auditions.
- 21 years after the single release, the song Everyday Everywhere was included on Petit Best 20. The music video was also released on BLU-RAY, and is Taiyou to Ciscomoon's only PV available on BLU-RAY.
- ↑ Twitter . 2019.12.22
- ↑ https://web.archive.org/web/20001204024000/http://www.asayan.com/tsunk_new/index.html
- ↑ http://helloset.blog.fc2.com/blog-entry-228.html
- ↑ https://web.archive.org/web/20010124104200/http://www.asayan.com/T&C/index.html
- ↑ https://web.archive.org/web/20160114154900/http://taiyociscomoon.is-mine.net/tcblog.html
- ↑ https://www.narinari.com/Nd/20150632171.html
- ↑ https://twitter.com/komix215/status/611187465517281281
- ↑ Kominato Miwa Official Twitter
- ↑ https://twitter.com/komix215/status/1101319187203407872
- ↑ http://www.up-fc.jp/m-line/news_Info.php?id=13426
- ↑ https://twitter.com/komix215/status/1129416458180542464
- ↑ https://twitter.com/jun1sai10/status/1138796821889683456
- ↑ http://wotaintranslation.com/2018/08/13/aiko-reveals-that-she-took-part-in-the-taiyou-to-ciscomoon-auditions-and-received-songwriting-advice-from-tsunku%E2%99%82/
|Taiyou to Ciscomoon / T&C Bomber|
|Members||Shinoda Miho | Inaba Atsuko | RuRu | Kominato Miwa|
|Singles||1. Tsuki to Taiyou | 2. Gatamekira | 3. Uchuu de La Ta Ta | 4. Everyday Everywhere | 5. Magic of Love | 6. Marui Taiyou -winter ver.- | 7. DON'T STOP Ren'aichuu | 8. HEY! Mahiru no Shinkirou|
|Albums||Original: 1. Taiyo & Ciscomoon 1 | 2. 2nd STAGE |
Best: Taiyou to Ciscomoon / T&C Bomber Mega Best
|Other||Other: DVD All Taiyou to Ciscomoon / T&C Bomber|
Concerts: 2000 | 2009
|Units & Other Acts|
|Associated Acts||Osaka Performance Doll | Akagumi 4 | Aoiro 7 | Kiiro 5 | 7AIR | Priest | H.P. All Stars | Puripuri Pink|