Taguchi Natsumi (田口夏実) is a former Japanese idol as a member of Kobushi Factory under Hello! Project. She first joined Hello Pro Kenshuusei in February 2011 alongside Yoshihashi Kurumi and Hamaura Ayano.
Her contract with UP-FRONT PROMOTION was terminated on December 6, 2017 and she was removed from both Kobushi Factory and Hello! Project.
- 1 Biography
- 2 Personal Life
- 3 Profile
- 4 Discography
- 5 Publications
- 6 Works
- 7 Rankings
- 8 Trivia
- 9 See Also
- 10 References
- 11 Honorary Titles
- 12 External Links
Biography[edit | edit source]
Early Life[edit | edit source]
Taguchi Natsumi was born on July 21, 2000 in Saitama, Japan to a couple whose names are undisclosed.
2011[edit | edit source]
In February, she joined Hello! Pro Egg alongside Hamaura Ayano and Yoshihashi Kurumi. She was introduced as a member at the Shiodame Event on June 19.
2012[edit | edit source]
She auditioned for Morning Musume's 11th generation, but was not chosen to enter the group.
Shortly after the auditions, it was announced that the Kenshuusei would be releasing their first single, Kanojo ni Naritai!!!.
2013[edit | edit source]
Taguchi participated in Berryz Koubou Concert Tour 2013 Haru ~Berryz Mansion Nyuukyosha Boshuuchuu!~, alongside Hamaura Ayano and Ogawa Rena, as a backup dancer. With her Kenshuusei co-members, she performed Suhada Pichipichi in the tour.
Taguchi participated as a backup dancer in the Morning Musume Concert Tour 2013 Aki ~CHANCE!~.
2014[edit | edit source]
Taguchi participated as a backup dancer in the Berryz Koubou Debut 10th Anniversary Concert Tour 2014 ~Real Berryz Koubou~.
On May 4, Taguchi won the judge's singing award at the Hello Pro Kenshuusei Happyoukai 2014 ~Haru no Koukai Jitsuryoku Shindan Test~ event for her performance of "100kai no KISS".
2015[edit | edit source]
On January 2, during the Hello! Project 2015 WINTER ~DANCE MODE!~ concert, it was announced that Taguchi would be debuting in a new unit alongside Hamaura Ayano, Ogawa Rena, Nomura Minami, Wada Sakurako, Fujii Rio, Hirose Ayaka and Inoue Rei.
2016[edit | edit source]
On August 8, Taguchi celebrated her 16th birthday. The special event called Kobushi Factory Taguchi Natsumi Birthday Event 2016 featured two performances in Tokyo.
2017[edit | edit source]
On August 10, Taguchi celebrated her 17th birthday at a fanclub event titled Kobushi Factory Taguchi Natsumi Birthday Event 2017, featuring two performances at Mt.RAINIER HALL.
On December 6, it was announced that Taguchi's contract with UP-FRONT PROMOTION was terminated due to a lack of self-consciousness and responsibility, and as a result she has been fired from Kobushi Factory and Hello! Project.
2019[edit | edit source]
In mid-January, Taguchi Natsumi shared a letter dedicated to the members of Kobushi Factory where she explained why she really left the idol group.[verification overdue]
Letter from Taguchi Natsumi[verification overdue]
|"First, she apologize lots and then she explains that she actually prepared letters for the 5 members, their manager and the MC who is a big Kobushi fan. She knew that the autumn final concert would be her last and she talks about it like her "graduation" even though no one knew.
She actually felt like a weight for the group because she says "I couldn't neither dance nor sing". She felt like she couldn't bring anything good anymore to the group. And then, she repeats a lot that she is really deeply sorry about her betrayal towards members but also fans.
She is also devastated that she couldn't properly say goodbye to everyone and explain her reasons and feelings about the situation. She really wanted to though. And then... She explains that she regrets everyday both leaving the group but also the way she left so fast.
She thinks about it daily and when she watches Kobushi's performances videos she just cry asking herself why she is not there with them, wondering what would her life would be if she hadn't left.
But then she says that she is aware that just thinking about the past is not healthy
as past can't be changed. She's thinking about Kobushi as the best thing happening to her and their songs give her the power to continue doing her best to find her way in her "normal people life".
She says that Kobushi is the most brilliant
powerful and shining group and she loves the group and the members.
And finally, she once again apologies for her being a weight for the group and being even more a load for the group even for just leaving. She feels really bad about her doings.
And she thanks members, fans and everyone for supporting Kobushi because she is really grateful she met the girls, fans, managers and etc. She still love them deeply and can not feel regretful about her idol life."
Personal Life[edit | edit source]
She has a younger sister and a dog named Kobushi. She also owns a cat named Ume ♀(梅), in replacement of her cat Sasuke who died. She found it at a train station and asked her father to bring it home.
Taguchi's given name, Natsumi, means "summer" (夏; natsu) combined with "seed" (実; mi). It was chosen because she was born on July 21 in the summer.
Here is a list of nicknames that was used to refer to Taguchi Natsumi:
- Tagucchi (たぐっち): Official nickname, given her since Hello Pro Egg.
Profile[edit | edit source]
- Name: Taguchi Natsumi (田口夏実)
- Nickname: Tagucchi (たぐっち)
- Birthday: July 21, 2000
- Birthplace: Saitama, Japan
- Blood type: A
- Height: 151cm
- Shoe Size: 20.5cm
- Western Zodiac: Cancer
- Eastern Zodiac: Dragon
- Official Kaomoji: jjj＾ｩ＾jj
- Hello! Project Status:
- UP-FRONT GROUP Status:
- Kobushi Factory Member Color: Orange
- Hello Project Groups:
- Shuffle Units:
- Specialty: Hula hoop
- Hobbies: Listen to music
- Motto: "Senri no michi mo ippo kara" (千里の道も一歩から; The longest journey begins with a single step)
- Likes: Athletic festival, jumping rope
- Favorite Food: Asparagus, Apples, Asian Pears, Tomatoes, Vegetables, Oranges
- Least Favorite Food: Avocado
- Favorite Color: Purple, Pink, Red
- Favorite Sports: Badminton, Basketball
- Best Subject: Music, Cooking, Japanese, Physical Education (Vaulting Box)
- Favorite Subject: Music, Physical Education, Home Economic
- Least Favorite Subject: Math
- Favorite School Lunch Item: Cha Meshi (茶めし; Literally Tea Rice)
- Favorite Animal: Sugar Glider
- Favorite Hello! Project Song: "Be Genki (Naseba Naru!)", "OVER THE RAINBOW", "KoiING"
- Looks Up To: Wada Ayaka, Ogawa Saki, Suzuki Airi
Discography[edit | edit source]
Blu-rays[edit | edit source]
Publications[edit | edit source]
Joint Photobooks[edit | edit source]
Works[edit | edit source]
Theater[edit | edit source]
Movies[edit | edit source]
-  JK Ninja Girls
TV Dramas[edit | edit source]
-  Hyper Souji Chou! (ハイパーそうじ長!) (as Rina)
TV Programs[edit | edit source]
- [2012–2013] Hello! SATOYAMA Life (ハロー！ＳＡＴＯＹＡＭＡライフ)
- [2013.1.3] Uwasa-kun to Kagaku-chan
- [2013–2014] ~Onedari Entame!~ Hapi★Pure
- [2015–2017] The Girls Live
- [2016–2017] Uta-navi! (うたなび！)
Internet[edit | edit source]
- [2013–2017] Hello! Project Station
- [2013.4.16–8.16] Hello Pro Kenshuusei no Tadaima Kenshuuchuu!
- [2014–2016] MUSIC+
- [2015–2016] GREEN ROOM
- [2016–2017] Upcoming
- [2016–2017] Girls Night Out
Commercials[edit | edit source]
-  Pizza-La
Rankings[edit | edit source]
- She was ranked 8th in the Elementary School Group of the Beautiful Idol General Election 2012.
- She was ranked as the 3rd best singer in Hello Pro Kenshuusei in the March 2014 issue of Gekkan Entame.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- She participated in Morning Musume's 9th, 10th and 11th generation auditions, but failed.
- She joined Hello Pro Kenshuusei because she wanted to join Morning Musume.
- She wanted to be able to sing, make people emotional, and become an idol that was admired.
- She thought she wouldn't lose to any other member at eyebrow thickness.
- Her dream was to debut from Kenshuusei and have alot of people see her sing and dance. She wanted to work hard to be able to stand on a large stage.
- When asked what group she'd like to join, she said Morning Musume. When asked again later, she didn't specify what group, but said she'd like to debut in Hello! Project.
- She sang "100kai no KISS" and won the judge's special award for singing at the Hello Pro Kenshuusei Happyoukai 2014 ~Haru no Koukai Jitsuryoku Shindan Test~.
- For her, the best thing about joining Hello Pro Kenshuusei was when she got to perform in a S/mileage concert.
- For her, the hardest thing about Hello Pro Kenshuusei was when she wasn't chosen for Juice=Juice.
- Said in an MC that she compares herself to a Meerkat.
- If she had a time machine, she'd go back to the Edo period and wear a kimono.
- On a rainy day she would draw pictures and read books, or sing "Tsuugaku Vector" by ℃-ute.
- She wants to try singing "Ooki na Ai de Motenashite" by ℃-ute.
- Her rival was Ogawa Rena, because she reminds her of herself, since they have the same weaknesses and get told the same things, but after getting criticized Ogawa will pick herself up and has an attitude like she will work harder the next time. They are friends, but Taguchi still doesn't want to lose to her.
- She was excited when Funaki Musubu joined Hello Pro Kenshuusei because Funaki was shorter than her.
- She said because she's small, she draws attention to herself, so she was worried about messing up and having people think that that's how the entire program is and toss them aside. She thought she needed to improve herself as part of the quality of Hello Pro Kenshuusei.
- Tsunku's comments: "I want a little more strength in your dancing, so you need to work on your muscles. Your sense of rhythm often still comes across as unstable, so I want you to work hard so as to improve your self-confidence."
- The first CD she ever bought was "Balalaika" by Tsukishima Kirari starring Kusumi Koharu (Morning Musume).
- According to the Top Yell July 2016 interview, Taguchi's role within the group was "Factory Manager that Provides Sweets".
- She is one of only three Hello! Project members to have had their contracts terminated by Up-Front Promotion, the others being Kago Ai in March 2007 and Fujii Rio in July 2017.
See Also[edit | edit source]
- Gallery:Taguchi Natsumi
- List:Taguchi Natsumi Discography Featured In
- List:Taguchi Natsumi Concert & Event Appearances
- List:Taguchi Natsumi Publications Featured In
References[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- ^ ^ Said during the Hello Pro Kenshuusei corner at the November 16 afternoon show of Morning Musume Concert Tour 2013 Aki ~CHANCE!~.
Sources[edit | edit source]
- BOMB Magazine. 2013.12 Issue.
- "こぶしファクトリー 田口夏実に関するお知らせ" (in Japanese). Hello! Project. 2017-12-06.
- "[EN] Concerning Natsumi Taguchi from Kobushi Factory (Magnolia Factory)." UP-FRONT LINK. 2017-12-06.
- Pocket Morning. 2016-11-05. (Translation by Ro-kun)
- 'Cool-Up Girls, 2014-06 Issue. Ongaku Senkasha. Release Date: 2014-04-30.
- Gekkan Entame. March 2014 Issue. Published 2014-01-30.
- What do the girls manage in Kobushi Factory? (Top Yell July 2016)
Honorary Titles[edit | edit source]
Youngest member of Hello Pro Kenshuusei
External Links[edit | edit source]
- Kobushi Factory Profile (archived)
- Hello Pro Kenshuusei Profile (archived)
- Kobushi Factory Official Blog (inactive)
- Hello Pro Kenshuusei Tour Blogs: March 2012, June 2012, September 2012, December 2012, March 2013, June 2013, December 2013, 2014 Test, September 2014 (not tagged), November/December 2014, February/March 2015