|Rin promoting Rinism|
|Born||October 23, 1980|
|Origin||Sendai, Miyagi, Japan|
|Occupation||Model, Idol, Singer, Songwriter|
|Agency||Green Park Music (2001-2002)|
|Label||SPREE RECORD (2001)|
Space Shower Music (2007)
Smile Company (2008)
Freedom Entertainment (2010)
Music Garden (2018)
|Joined||March 1, 2001|
|Debut Single||Tetteiteki Unmei|
|Last Single||Ai wa Muteki ~Hatachi no Yoru no Chikai~|
|Graduated||January 30, 2002|
|Time in Group||11 months|
|YouTube||Rin Official YouTube Channel|
Suenaga Mami (末永真己) is a Japanese singer-songwriter using the stage name Rin (凛). As a songwriter, she is sometimes credited as Suenaga Mami (末永真路) or Suenaga Mami (末永茉己), and has written lyrics for Saga, SBC, ABC-Z, SKE48, AKB48, NMB48, and w-inds, as well as several games and animes.
Suenaga Mami started out as a model at the age of two. She did local commercials and was a poster girl for banks, but quit in late middle school because of bullying.
In 1995, she started working at Sony Music Artists.
Suenaga passed an audition held by Sony Music called "Sony Music Audition – Rookie Development of Sony Music, Section Sound Development" and joined Hello! Project as a new member of Sheki-Dol. She first met the exciting duo on an episode of Idol wo Sagase on March 20, 2001. Suenaga was added to the group as Kitagami and Oki had expressed a wish to power up.
As a member of Sheki-dol, she paricipated in the group's radio show and a column in a music magazine, released singles, and toured with Hello! Project.
In December, it was announced that Suenaga needed medical attention, and for a short while Sheki-Dol continued as a duo, but the group was officially disbanded just a month afterwards.
After the disbanding of Sheki-Dol and her retirement, Suenaga was away from the spotlight for a while. Later on, she started working as a freelance artist, chorus singer and songwriter. She did some chorus for Tamaki Nami and she wrote lyrics and music for Sister Q.
Suenaga made her debut as a solo singer, using the stage name Rin, after having joined producer Takamitsu Shimazaki for recording sessions with other musicians. Takamitsu gave her the name "rin" and she started her music acitivities under that name in 2006.
On September 12, 2007, she released her first indies mini-album, Rin Toshite....Prior to its release, it was made available as a digest sound source where it exceeded 60,000 downloads.
Her debut live was at BOXX in Shibuya, where she played for a full house; this was the beginning of extensive promotion where she started touring shopping malls and record stores and participated at different events. She still does these events to promote her music.
In 2008, she wrote a blog post about her feelings the time she had to leave Sheki-Dol, causing its disbandenment:
Eventually, my body couldn’t bear the pressure anymore (though I can’t write what that is about here)
and on doctor’s orders I had to stop.
That month was when we had our major debut.
I don’t mean to put up excuses for myself,
but I really think I did my best.
I did what I was told, worked as hard as I could,
I had nervous breakdowns…
And yet I kept being scolded and put down
In early 2010, it was revealed on Suenaga’s blog that she was working on a marriage song. In late May, the song was announced as LOVE, and it was made available for streaming online, and in early June it was made available for digital download through websites such as iTunes Japan.
In September, a special website was made by her music producer to promote two of her songs, "Hallelujah" and LOVE. The producer stated on the site that he would like those two songs to be played in as many weddings as possible and hopefully boosting her popularity. The website offered the songs for free use at weddings in return for a wedding photo and spreading the word by blogging about the songs.
That same year, Suenaga also announced she was working on releasing a new album, and was hosting a radio show called Rin no RADIO-Rin-RADIO.
In March 2011, her parents' house was damaged by the 2011Tohoku Earthquake. Deeply affected by the misfortune of family and friends, Suenaga actively participate in charity activities as much as possible.
During the summer of 2011, four digital singles were released only a few months apart.
On November 23, she released her first major debut single, TRUTH / Tsubasa no Yukue. "TRUTH" was used as the opening theme for B-Daman Crossfire, while "Tsubasa no Yukue" was used as the ending theme.
On May 9, she released her second major single, Jounetsuism. The title track was used as the ending theme to the TV anime Card Fight! Vanguard Asia Circuit. After the release of this single, she would work as a lyricist for other artists, video games, or anime, most notably writing and singing the theme song to the game CR Sengoku Musou. She also designed a set of emoticons for cell phones.
After the release of her second single, she suffered twice from apashia. While recovering, she continued working as a lyricist, while fighting the chronical disease. After recoevring she continued her work as a lyricist and chrous singer.
In 2014, Autoc One launched a game application for smartphones called Shanago Collection (車なごコレクション); a game that turns car models into anime girls with model-worthy looks. It’s based on the simple Japanese board game Sugoroku, in which players roll the dice to move forward and try to be the first across the finish line. Suenaga is the voice of Toyota Prius α, and Mazda Roadstar. The game was available from 2014 to 2017.
In September, the song Kokou no Akashi was released as the theme song to CR Sengoku Musou.
In October, the song Beni no Hana was released for Pachislot Sangokushi.
In September, Suenaga was in charge of the theme song for the game Shanago Collection; Xana. It was later featured on her debut album released in 2018.
In January 2018, Rin released her debut album Rinism.
In March, Rin opened a special web site. It says she is a rare type of singer, both being a professional singer and a provisional singer at the same time. She sings for people who needs someone to sing a song for them, and also writing lyrics if that is requested.
- Name: Suenaga Mami (末永真己)
- Stage name: Rin (凛)
- Nickname in Hello! Project: Sue-san (末san), Sue-chan (末ちゃん), Mako (マコ), Mami Osan (まみおさん)
- Birthdate: October 23, 1980
- Birthplace: Sendai, Miyagi, Japan
- Blood type: O
- Height: 153 cm
- Western Zodiac: Libra
- Eastern Zodiac: Monkey
- Favorite Quote: Ashita wa Ashita no Kaze ga Fuku (明日は明日の風が吹く; Tomorrow Is Another Day)
- Hello! Project Groups:
- Sheki-Dol (2001 – 2002)
- Indie Singles
- [2008.07.09] FREEDOM / Ark
- [2008.11.05] HANABI / SPIDER GIRL
- [2009.06.04] Desperado (Demo Version 1)
- [2009.07.07] Jinsei Game
- [2010.06.03] LOVE
- [2010.06.14] Jeanne d'Arc
- [2010.06.14] Android
- [2010.06.24] Desperado
- [2010.06.24] LOOP
- [2010.07.07] Hallelujah
- [2019.12.24] Judgement
- Major Singles
- [2014.09.08] Kokou no Akashi (孤高の証; Proof of Isolation)
- [2014.10.06] Beni no Hana (紅の華; Crimson Red Flower)
Songwriter / Chorus CreditsEdit
- [2005.08.10] Sister Q - Step One (lyrics)
- [2006.03.08] SIster Q - Working Girl (Lyrics for the C/W "Furifuri" Lady)
- [2009.10.21] V.A. - haruka naru jikuu no naka de 4 -mizuho no Kuni (遙かなる時空の中で４ ～瑞穂の国～) (lyrics for Towa no Uta and Retsu ~Kiritaku Mirai~.)
- [2010.03.24] V.A - haruka naru jikuu no naka de 3 ~owarinaki unmei~ BOOKARU-shuu wakare no sakuradzuki (遙かなる時空の中で3〜終わりなき運命〜ヴォーカル集 永訣の桜月) (lyrics for Kirameki no Tsuki)
- [2010.11.24] Kakihara Tetsuya - Still On Journey (lyrics for thank you & smile)
- [2011.05.25] shin. sangokumusou 6 oha – kyoka ranbu (真・三國無双６王覇・響歌乱舞) (lyrics for KING OF DESTROYER)
- [2012.03.07] CONNECT - juusensha MEN (重戦車MEN) (lyrics for Amai ze!)
- [2014.10.29] Fujisawa Norimasa - Sogno ~Yume~ (Sogno~夢) (lyrics for 1 Senchi no Koigokoro)
- [2016.01.27] V.A. - 2×3! ~DUET CROSS THREE!~ (lyrics for SWEET JEALOUSY)
- [2016.07.06] Nanami - Light in the Darkness (chorus arrangements for 笑火)
- [2017.10.18] Kazuki Kato - SPICY BOX (lyrics for con-fu-sion ~Kokoro no Sakebi~ (con・fu・sion～心の叫び～))
- [2005.05.11] Tamaki Nami - Make Progress (chorus for the song Daybreak)
- [2006.07.12] Tamaki Nami - Speciality (chorus for the songs IDentity and No Way Back)
- [2008.04.23] Tamaki Nami - Don't Stay (chorus for the song Eden)
- [2010.07.21] V.A. - kiniro no KORUDA 3 SS (SUKUURUSHIRIIZU) IV -Amane Gakuen (金色のコルダ３ SS(スクールシリーズ) IV ～天音学園～) (chorus for the song Laboratory Love)
- [2011.06.15] Mizca - Rafiora (らふぃおら) (chorus for Rafiora)
- [2011.12.07] PASSPO - CHECK-IN (backing vocals for Material Girl and Kiss = Suki)
- [2014.01.29] V.A. - shin. sangokumusou 7 KARAKUTAASHONGU shuu V – yuubu no shou (真・三國無双７ キャラクターソング集Ｖ～勇武の章～) (chorus for I)
- [2014.05.28] kin-iro KORUDA Blue♪Sky OST (金色のコルダ Blue♪Sky オリジナル・サウンドトラック) (chorus for WINGS TO FLY)
- [2016.xx.xx] V.A. - CR Sengoku Musou -Moushou-den- (CR戦国無双-猛将伝-) (chorus for Hideyoshi, Arijaruka (秀吉、ありじゃろ歌))
- [2016.07.06] Nanami - Light in the Darkness (chorus for 笑火)
- [2019.xx.xx] Hikari (ヒカリ) (chorus for the song Hikari from the anime "Zoids Wild")
Discography Featured In InEdit
- [2013.03.06] TV Anime "Cardfight!! Vanguard" Best Album (TVアニメ『カードファイト!! ヴァンガード』ベストアルバム) #9 Jounetsuism
- [2007.08.16] CHINAQUICK×a-stage'07
- [2007.09.12] Shibuya BOXX (渋谷BOXX)
- [2007.09.22] Tokyo Game Show 2007 (東京ゲームショウ2007)
- [2007.09.24] Acoustic Live (アコースティックライブ)
- [2007.10.21] MUSICVOX2 Shuunenkinen Live (MUSICVOX2周年記念ライブ)
- [2008.02.09] Sun To Moon Kakitagawa Valentine Special Live (サントムーン柿田川バレンタインスペシャルライブ)
- [2008.07.07] Tanabata no Hi wa Shibuya de Live (七夕の日は渋谷でライブ)
- [2008.07.18] Rin Acoustic Live (凛アコースティックライブ )
- [2008.xx.xx] Sendai In-store & Kine Naoto-san Live&More... (仙台インストア&木根尚登氏Live&More...)
- [2008.10.08] e＋eggman live show
- [2008.11.06] Rin Acoustic One-man Live "Fuurinkazan" (凛アコースティックワンマンLive「風凛火山」)
- [2009.06.06] Naon no Waon -Rin Fukkatsu Special- (ナオンの和音-凛復活スペシャル-)
- [2009.08.20] "I am the Walrus!!"vol.32
- [2009.09.09] Rin 2 Shuunenkinen 2MAN LIVE (凛2周年記念 2MAN LIVE)
- [2010.02.05] Nikofes '10 (ニコフェス'10)
- [2010.02.16] "spiritual sound vol.23"
- [2010.12.10] Design Week 2010 in Sendai -Rin Special Acoustic LiVE- (デザインウィーク2010 in 仙台-凛スペシャルアコースティックLiVE-)
- [2011.04.28] shibuya eggman 30th anniversary "Onkochishin" (shibuya eggman 30th anniversary『温故知新』)
- [2011.08.20] Sendai 24jikan TV (仙台24時間テレビ)
- [2011.09.21] "Mix UP!! vol.33" -Rin Major Debut Kokuchi LiVE- (「Mix UP!! vol.33」-凛メジャーデビュー告知LiVE- )
- [2011.11.03] Hama Matsuri (浜祭り)
- [2011.11.23] Major Debut Kinen Live at Shibuya Eggman (メジャーデビュー記念LiVE＠渋谷Eggman)
- [2012.xx.xx] Sendai 24jikan TV (仙台24時間テレビ)
- [2012.01.15] Jisedai World Hobby Fair (次世代ワールドホビーフェア)
- [2012.01.28] Sendai In-Store Event (仙台インストアイベント)
- [2012.01.29] Sendai In-Store Event (仙台インストアイベント)
- [2012.03.11] Don't Forget 3.11 Seien-dan Egao wo Todoketai (Don't Forget 3.11 声援団 笑顔を届けたい)
- [2012.05.10] Girls Up!! vol.98 ~"Rin 2nd Single Reco Hatsu Party"~ at Shibuya Eggman (Girls Up!! vol.98 ~「凛シングルレコ発パーティー」~) 渋谷Eggman)
- [2012.06.13] VS +PLUS Anison Taiketsu (VS +Plusアニソン対決!)
- [2012.08.12] Sendai Asto Nagamachi Kasetsu Juutaku Natsumatsuri (仙台あすと長町仮設住宅夏祭り)
- [2012.09.01] Araarakashiko Acoustic Live (あらあらかしこアコースティックラ)
- [2012.09.02] Araarakashiko Acoustic Live (あらあらかしこアコースティックラ)
- [2013.xx.xx] Sendai 24jikan TV (仙台24時間テレビ)
- [2013.01.14] "heart connection"” Link.4 -unplugged-
- [2013.03.11] Seien-dan Charity Event Don't forget 3. 11 ~LATE LIVE~ (声援団チャリティーイベント Don’t forget 3.11～LATE LIVE～)
- [2013.10.13] “Rin no Nama Atatakai Birthday Event” (『凛の生暖かいバースデーイベント』)
- [2014.08.30] Sendai 24jikan TV (仙台24時間テレビ)
- [2014.11.08] “Rin no Nama Atatakai Birthday Event 2” (『凛の生暖かいバースデーイベント2』)
- [205.xx.xx] Sendai 24jikan TV (仙台24時間テレビ)
- [2016.06.27] Paradise Bon Voyage
- [2011.11.08] Gekkan DTM Magazine (月刊DTMマガジン)
- [2011.12.06] Kahoku Shinpoo (河北新報)
- [2012.xx.xx] Actaleia
- [2012.05.22] Kahoku Shinpoo (河北新報)
- [2012.07.10] Actaleia #27
- [2018.03.30] Kahoku Shinpoo (河北新報)
-  Funky Moneky Sheki (ファンキーモンキーシェキ) (bay FM, Kiss FM) - as Sheki-Dol
-  POP JELLY BEANS (FM Fuji) - as Sheki-Dol
- [2010-] Rin no "Kiitekurete Arigatou" Radio (凛の『聴いてくれてありがとう』ラジオ)
- Suffers from dysphonia.
- Speaks French.
- Had a guest appearance on episode #28 of B-Daman Crossfire as herself.
- ↑ 
- ↑ natalie.mu (Interview, 2018)
- ↑ Soranews 24
- ↑ Official Facebook (January 28, 2020)
- ↑ Official Site (News)
- ↑ lantis.jp
- ↑ Official Site (2016)
- ↑ 凛の『聴いてくれてありがとう』ラジオ内の発言。
- ↑ December 31, 2008 凛 -Official Blog-
- Rin -Official Site-
- Rin -Special Site-
- Rin -Official Blog-
- Rin -Official Twitter-Twitter
- Rin -Official Instagram-
- Rin -Official YouTube Channel-
|Members||Kitagami Ami | Oki Ibuki | Suenaga Mami | Arai Saki|
|Indie Singles||1. Kokoro no Pheromone | 2. Tetteiteki Unmei | 3. Zentaiteki ni Daisuki Desu.|
|Major Singles||1. Ai wa Muteki ~Hatachi no Yoru no Chikai~|