On June 30, 2018 last remaining member Himeno Ryona graduated and the group was disbanded.
Former Members[edit | edit source]
- Kago Ai (加護亜依; Blue) (left February 29, 2016)
- Kita Remi (喜多麗美; Red) (left May 31, 2015)
- Himeno Ryona (姫乃稜菜; Pink) (graduated June 30, 2018)
- Momose Yui (百瀬ゆい; Yellow) (left September 19, 2017)
History[edit | edit source]
2013-2014[edit | edit source]
On October 7, 2013, Kago Ai announced on her blog that she would be forming a girl group and holding auditions for other members. The group would be crowd-sourced using lyrics, music, and costume ideas submitted by fans, as well as online voting. The winner of the auditions was Kita Remi (formerly of AKIHABARA Backstage pass), and the runner-up, Himeno Ryona, was given training before becoming a member.
In June 2014, the unit's name, Girls Beat!!, was officially announced, as well as their first single, Sekai Seifuku, to be released on July 22, 2014. On September 10, 2014, Girls Beat!! released their second single, Mada, Yareru.
On September 13, 2014, it was announced that there would be a second audition for new members.
However, on October 27, it was announced that Girls Beat's new member audition and song voting had been postponed following an arrest warrant being issued for Kago's husband.
2015[edit | edit source]
On May 31, it was announced that Kita Remi left the group after her contract ended and was not renewed. A few months later, on August 4, Kago left the group after getting her divorce approved.
Following Kago's departure, it was announced that Girls Beat!! would be hosting auditions for new members.
On November 2, Kago announced she would be resuming Girls Beat!! activities with Ryona, beginning with a December event in Taiwan.
On December 1, it was revealed that a new member, Momose Yui, would be joining the group.
2016[edit | edit source]
On February 29, 2016, Kago Ai left the group to focus on solo activities. Girls Beat!!'s first album, Get Ready, was the last release to feature her. It was released on March 19th.
2017[edit | edit source]
On September 19, Momose Yui left the group.
2018[edit | edit source]
On June 30th, remaining member Himeno Ryona graduated and the group disbanded.
Discography[edit | edit source]
Singles[edit | edit source]
Album[edit | edit source]
- [2016.03.19] Get Ready
Original Songs[edit | edit source]
-  Prism (プリズム)
-  sweet kiss candy
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Member Himeno Ryona was the longest serving member of the group and the only member to remain upon its disbandment.
- Each of the members had a different talent:
- Kago Ai - "tap dancer"
- Kita Remi - "baton twirler"
- Himeno Ryona - "human beatboxer"
- Momose Yui - "vocalist"
- Each member had her own image character. These were featured in the MV for Sekai Seifuku.
References[edit | edit source]
- "Girls Beat!! Suspends Activities After Police Issue Arrest Warrant For Group Member's Husband." jpopasia. 2014-10-27.
- "イベント参加！." Kago Ai Official Blog. Japanese. 2015-11-02
- Girls Beat Website Himeno Ryouna (Japanese). 2018-05-03.