SALT5 was one of the three shuffle units created in 2003 and was made up of members from Morning Musume and two Hello! Project soloists.
The group was made for the purpose of recording a song to be released along with the other 2003 shuffle unit works on a combined single. SALT5's song was titled "Get Up! Rapper" and was a serious toned rap with a somewhat silly meaning - the lyrics were describing eating banana chips. The song followed in the style of the previous year's shuffle unit, Sexy 8.
Matsuura Aya later cut a solo version of "Get Up! Rapper" for her third studio album X3.
- [2003.07.09] Kowarenai Ai ga Hoshii no / GET UP! Rapper / BE ALL RIGHT! - 7AIR / SALT5 / 11WATER
Compilations / OtherEdit
- [2003.12.17] Hello! Project - Petit Best 4 (#2 GET UP! Rapper)
- [2008.12.10] Hello! Project - Hello! Project Shuffle Unit Mega Best (#11 GET UP! Rapper)
- Tsunku decided to have the elements as the theme for the shuffles this year, hence the naming of the groups.
- There were 45 girls in Hello! Project at the time of this release, but several of them are not in the shuffles this year; 15 Hello! Project Kids, Nakazawa Yuko, Yasuda Kei, Goto Maki, Kamei Eri, Michishige Sayumi, Tanaka Reina and Saito Miuna.