Puripuri (プリプリ) is an onomatopoeia for “elasticity”, “flexibility” (smooth and firm texture found in things like jello, boiled eggs, and baby’s skin). Puri (プリ) is also the shorter way of saying Pretty (プリティー) in Japanese. The "Pink" from their name refers to how the members wear bright pink costumes. Pink is also street slang for “adult entertainment”.
Members[edit | edit source]
Discography[edit | edit source]
Single[edit | edit source]
- [2005.06.22] Onna, Kanashii, Otona / Inshouha Renoir no You ni / Hitoshirezu Mune wo Kanaderu Yoru no Aki (オンナ、哀しい、オトナ / 印象派 ルノアールのように / 人知れず 胸を奏でる 夜の秋) - Sexy Otonajan / Elegies / Puripuri Pink
Compilations[edit | edit source]
- [2005.12.21] Hello! Project - Petit Best 6 (#14 Hitoshirezu Mune wo Kanaderu Yoru no Aki)
- [2008.12.10] Hello! Project - Hello! Project Shuffle Unit Mega Best (#15 Hitoshirezu Mune wo Kanaderu Yoru no Aki)
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Tsunku made the following comment about this unit on his blog:
- I wanted to create a unit that consists of the original members of Morning Musume and Taiyo To Ciscomoon. "Puri Puri Pink" is a shuffle unit which consists of the first generation of Hello!Project. I created a song with a mellow groove because I wanted to accentuate gentleness of the unison vocal and express the calm unity as a group with matured members.