Tracklist[edit | edit source]
- Papa to Mama (パパとママ; Dad and Mom)
- Propose (Hard Crunch Version)
- Propose (Instrumental)
Single Information[edit | edit source]
- Lyrics and Composition: Tsunku
- Arrangement, Programming, Tambourine: Konishi Takao
- Manipulator: Matsumoto Reiji, Katsuura Go
- Guitar: Asai Yasuo
- Bass: Sumiyoshi Ataru
- Chorus: Heike Michiyo
- Papa to Mama
- Lyrics and Composition: Tsunku
- Arrangement: Matsumoto Reiji
Concert Performances[edit | edit source]
Oricon Chart Positions[edit | edit source]
Total Reported Sales: 11,980
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- This is Heike's first single after switching labels from Warner Music Japan to zetima.
- The single was first set for a release on October 24.
- This is Heike's only single which features a remix version.
- It was released two days after her 4th anniversary.
- She said in the fan club magazine that the Hard Crunch version is pretty rock-ish, and fans of "GET" would like this version. She describes "Papa to Mama" as the sequel to "Propose", where she sings thank you to her parents.
Interview[edit | edit source]
|Heike was interviewed for a press release regarding this release, where she said: “[…] I really wanted a song which could be related to the fans of my age group (note: she was 22 at the time) or a little older. And I thought ‘proposal’ was the perfect common topic. I haven’t experienced it in real life, so I’m not sure if I was able to understand the true meaning of the lyrics perfectly. But in near future, when the time comes, and when I’m ready for a marriage, I think I would wait for the words of proposal just like this main character. I think the women who are a little older than me would often worry about things like, ‘how long am I supposed to wait?’, ‘What if this relationship doesn’t work out?’ etc. so it would be easy for them to relate to the lyrics. It contains a very direct message, so I didn’t overanalyze and sang the song naturally during the recording session.” The word ‘proposal’ indicates a happy event, but the music and the overall sound are pretty serious. I think that’s what’s so interesting about this song. When I read the lyrics first, I thought, ‘what a happy song!’ and I was expecting a happy melody to go with them. But to my surprise, the melody was written in minor cord. I guess if the happy lyrics are sung with happy melody, it’s too straight-forward and a bit boring,. lol. I found the contrast rather quite interesting.”|
Gallery[edit | edit source]
External Links[edit | edit source]
- Discography: Hello! Project (archived), UP-FRONT WORKS, Tsunku.net
- Wikipedia: Japanese
- Lyrics: Propose, Papa to Mama
|Major Singles||1. GET | 2. Sotsugyou ~TOP OF THE WORLD~ | 3. Daikirai | 4. Dakedo Aishisugite | 5. Anata no Yume ni Naritai | 6. scene | 7. One Room Natsu no Koi Monogatari | 8. Ai no Chikara | 9. Kekkyoku Bye Bye Bye | 10. Propose | 11. Murasaki Shikibu|
|Indies Singles||1. Ran・RUN・Ran | 2. unaffected|
|Major Albums||Original: Teenage Dream|
Best: For ourself ~Single History~
Soundtrack: Morning Cop ~Daite HOLD ON ME!~
|Indies Albums||1. JECICA | 2. Koimizuki | 3. Fantasia|
|Units & Other Acts|
|Associated Acts||Kiiro 5 | 7nin Matsuri | Sexy 8|
- Hello! Magazine #14 (page 14)
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.