|Otsuka Aina, 2019|
|Born||April 3, 1998|
|Occupation||Idol, singer, actress, model|
|Agency||UP-FRONT AGENCY (2011-2012)|
UP-FRONT PROMOTION (2012-2013)
|Label||UP-FRONT WORKS (2011-2013)|
|Associated Acts||Juice=Juice, Hello Pro Kenshuusei|
|Joined||February 3, 2013|
|Debut Single||Watashi ga Iu Mae ni Dakishimenakya ne|
|Last Single||Ten Made Nobore!|
|Left||July 5, 2013|
|Time in Group||5 Months, 2 Days|
|Joined||June 20, 2011|
|Graduated||July 5, 2013|
|Time in Group||2 Years, 16 Days|
It was announced on July 5, 2013 that she had withdrawn from both Hello Pro Kenshuusei and Juice=Juice, subsequently leaving Hello! Project. From April 2014 to April 2018, she was active as an independent solo idol and actress.
Otsuka Aina was born on April 3, 1998 in Tokyo, Japan to a couple whose names are undisclosed.
On June 20, as the Morning Musume 10ki Member "Genki Jirushi" Audition was occurring, it was revealed that Otsuka would be joining Hello Pro Egg alongside Ogawa Rena and Mogi Minami. Later that year, she participated in the S/mileage Shin Member Boshuu! auditions, but failed to pass.
On September 11, she made her debut as a Hello Pro Egg member at the Hello Pro Egg 2011 Happyoukai ~9gatsu no Nama Tamago Show!~ concert.
In summer 2012, while practicing for a S/mileage concert, Otsuka injured her ankle and was unable to participate as a back dancer.
In September 2012, Hello Pro Kenshuusei announced their first single, Kanojo ni Naritai!!!, and Otsuka was one of the chosen Kenshuusei to sing in the song alongside Miyamoto Karin, Tanabe Nanami, Taguchi Natsumi and Hamaura Ayano.
On February 3, during the Bravo! concert in Fukuoka, it was announced that Otsuka would be debuting in a new unit called Juice=Juice, alongside Miyamoto Karin, Kanazawa Tomoko, Miyazaki Yuka, Takagi Sayuki and Uemura Akari.
On June 8, it was announced that Otsuka had suffered a hip/lower back injury before the Hello Pro Kenshuusei Happyoukai 2013 ~6gatsu no Nama Tamago Show!~, afterwards she went to the doctors and was diagnosed with muscle strain/contusion on her left hip, because of this injury she was unable to sing and dance in an event on June 9.
On June 13, Otsuka participated in an Ikebukuro Sunshine city event, due to her hip injury she remained off stage for most of the event. Towards the end of the event, Otsuka appeared on stage and Tsunku announced Juice=Juice's major debut, while the other Juice=Juice members cheered and cried, Otsuka stood still with no reaction to the news. This was her last event as a member of Juice=Juice.
On July 5, it was announced that Otsuka withdrew from both Hello Pro Kenshuusei and Juice=Juice due to issues with her contract and family.
Message from UP-FRONT PROMOTION
| "We truly thank you for all your support for Juice=Juice.
We had repeatedly entered negotiations with Otsuka Aina herself and her family regarding her contract but, unfortunately we could not reach an agreement for the terms of the contract, and with the refusal of the contract by her family, as of July 5th, Otsuka Aina has been withdrawn from Juice=Juice as well as Hello Pro Kenshuusei.
Here after Juice=Juice will continue activities with 5 members.
To all the fans, in addition to your understanding, we ask that you please continue your support."
Stagement from Otsuka Aina (via blog)
| "Good evening.
Some of you probably already know…
As the official announcement says, I am leaving Juice=Juice and Hello Pro Kenshuusei today.
I am so sorry that I couldn’t say a proper good-bye.
Everybody who cheered for us until this day…
Thank you so much!
Well then… bye-cha-ko. (*´ `*)"
Because of the withdrawal, Otsuka didn't receive a graduation ceremony.
Following her departure, the Hello! Project Store was forced to stop selling items with images of Otsuka, including Juice=Juice group items. Her profile was eventually removed a few days later.
On April 24, Otsuka Aina wrote on her blog the reality of why she left Juice=Juice suddenly.[verification needed]
Blog Post from Otsuka Aina[verification needed]
| "Good evening everyone ♪
Just as it says in the title、
Firstly、 I loved singing ever since I was a kid、
It was just about time when it all started
I’m saying this now、
I’ll get to meet with Okai-san if I get into Morning Musume。！
Those were my thoughts。
I’d never really seriously thought about things like、
Was that I wanted to meet Okai-san、
That was it lol
There were also several auditions during my tenure as a Kenshuusei、
I was aware of débuting、
It might be obvious、
Of course、up to then
Thinking about it philosophically、
Everyone has their own values which may not be public、
I never thought of myself as being cute、
The singing prowess of myself at the time (of course, even now)
It was at that time that I was selected for a new unit。
Since I’d never thought that I’d get to début at my level of ability、
It was from then that we started talking、
But on the other hand、
Our major début was announced。
I got really worried。
I thought that I’d be able to develop if we got to début。
But then I thought that、
And with my personality、
Worrying and worrying…、
Perhaps、 I thought that if only I had the ability for a CD début、
What I had chosen、 was to sing songs convincingly、 by myself。
Everyone who cheered me on、
Otsuka Aina is presently、
Neither an idol
With my eye on becoming a singer、 I’m just a regular high school student。
No matter how many years may pass、I’ll improve little by little from now on、
And once again、 everyone
It ended up being quite long、
For reading until the end、
On April 20, Otsuka performed at the Shisui Deux cafe.
On April 22, Otsuka started her official Ameba blog, she mentioned in her first post that she wants to sing again, and would do her best from this point on, proceeding step-by-step. Girls News posted an article saying that Otsuka would be resuming public life.
On July 5, Otsuka held her first solo event, titled "Otsuka Aina, Otsuka de Utau ♪", at the Shisui Deux café.
On April 3, she held a birthday event at Shibuya Star Lounge.
On November 15, Otsuka announced she would be releasing her first indie singles called "Dreamer", which is an original song she first performed on March 15. The single will be released on November 29.
On November 6, Otsuka blogged that she was still supporting Juice=Juice from the shadows and wishes she could attend their Budokan concert. She, however, had her own event that evening. 
On November 8, Otsuka visited Budokan for Up Up Girls (Kari)'s concert. 
On April 3, Otsuka held a birthday live event, where she announced her sudden retirement from show business.
Otsuka's given name, "Aina", means love (愛; ai) combined with vegetables (菜; na). It's a feminine Japanese given name and surname.
Here is a list of nicknames that was used to refer to Otsuka Aina:
- Tsukapon (つかぽん): Official nickname, given to her since joining Hello Pro Egg.
- Name: Otsuka Aina (大塚愛菜)
- Nickname: Tsukapon (つかぽん)
- Birthdate: April 3, 1998
- Birthplace: Tokyo, Japan
- Blood type: O
- Height: 153cm
- Western Zodiac: Aries
- Eastern Zodiac: Tiger
- Hello! Project Status:
- UP-FRONT GROUP Status:
- Former Juice=Juice Fruit (Member Color): Orange
- Hello Project Groups:
- Hobbies: Playing Sports, Dancing, Listening to Music
- Specialty: Golf, Sports like Soccer, Cooking
- Scared of: Blood, Scorpions
- Favorite Food: Grapes
- Favorite Groups: ℃-ute, Morning Musume
- Favorite Hello! Project Song: Otakebi Boy WAO!, Bokura no Kagayaki
- Looks up to: Natsuyaki Miyabi, Okai Chisato, Umeda Erika and ℃-ute
- [2013.04.16] Hello Pro Kenshuusei no Tadaima Kenshuuchuu!
- [2013.xx.xx] UTB+ Vol 214 (with Miyamoto Karin & Uemura Akari)
- [2013.07.22] Girls! (with Juice=Juice, released after departure)
-  Ichijiku (イチヂク) - Jitsumami Shojo (自撮少女)
- [2014.12.17~21] Seven Friends Seven Minutes
- She auditioned because she wanted to meet Okai Chisato.
- She became a Hello! Project fan after she saw the music video to ℃-ute's "Tokaikko Junjou".
- When asked what group she'd like to debut in, she answered ℃-ute.
- Her closest friend within Hello Pro Kenshuusei was Mogi Minami.
- Her best sports are golf and soccer, the former of which she had played since first grade.
- Wants to try bungee jumping at an amusement park.
- She participated in the 9th, 10th and 11th generation Morning Musume auditions, and S/mileage's 2nd generation auditions, but failed.
- She has been a back dancer in various concerts for Mano Erina.
- Tsunku's comment on her: "An exceptional person left from the final round of the 9th generation Morning Musume Audition, Her voice quality through the mic is something that draws you in".
- She said her favorite member in Morning Musume is Ikuta Erina.
- She gave Kanazawa Tomoko a present for her 18th birthday, just three days before she left Juice=Juice.
- She says her source of energy is looking at Okai Chisato and Natsuyaki Miyabi photos.
- Brief glimpses of her can be spotted in the MVs for Romance no Tochuu (featured on Hello! Station), and Watashi ga Iu Mae ni Dakishimenakya ne (MEMORIAL EDIT).
- A photo of Otsuka and Juice=Juice members promoting Romance no Tochuu was leaked.
- Anican R YanYan made a mistake on their Vol. 11 (November 11, 2013) information, they claimed that Otsuka would be featured, instead of Kanazawa, promoting Ijiwaru Shinai de Dakishimete yo / Hajimete wo Keiken-chuu.
- Gallery:Otsuka Aina
- List:Otsuka Aina Discography Featured In
- List:Otsuka Aina Concert & Event Appearances
- ↑ "ハロプロ エッグ 2011 発表会～9月の生タマゴShow！～" (in Japanese). UP-FC. 2011-06-20.
- ↑ "ハロプロ研修生内、新ユニット結成のお知らせ。" (in Japanese). Hello! Project. 2013.02.03.
- ↑ UP-FRONT PROMOTION. "Juice=Juice 大塚愛菜に関するお知らせ" (in Japanese). Hello! Project Fanclub. 2013-07-05.
- ↑ https://twitter.com/aina_otsuka43/status/577097140092039168
- ↑ https://twitter.com/aina_otsuka43/status/665846921487978496
- ↑ http://ameblo.jp/ainaotsuka/entry-12217063614.html
- ↑ https://twitter.com/aina_otsuka43/status/795968020824735745
- ↑ https://twitter.com/aina_otsuka43/status/981177188794826753
- ↑ https://twitter.com/aina_otsuka43/status/840415716721352704
- ↑ https://twitter.com/aina_otsuka43/status/601385519365271553
- Official Blog "HAPPY DIARY" (inactive)
- Hello Pro Kenshuusei Blogs: March 2013, December 2012, September 2012, June 2012, March 2012
- Hello! Project departure announcement
|Hello Pro Kenshuusei|