Nakanishi Kana (中西香菜) is a designer, YouTuber, and former Japanese idol under Hello! Project as a second generation member and sub-leader of ANGERME. She was first introduced at the Hello! Project 2011 SUMMER ~Nippon no Mirai wa WOW WOW Live~ concert on August 14, 2011.
On July 15, 2020, she launched the accessory brand Solpenna. The name of the brand comes from the Italian words "sol (sun)" and "penna (feather)". Nakanishi designs and models the items herself.
- 1 Biography
- 2 Personal Life
- 3 Profile
- 4 Discography
- 5 Publications
- 6 Works
- 7 Trivia
- 8 See Also
- 9 Honorary Titles
- 10 References
- 11 External Links
Nakanishi Kana was born on June 4, 1997 in Osaka, Japan.
She learned piano from when she was 5 years old to 12.
In summer 2011, Nakanishi auditioned for the S/mileage Shin Member Boshuu! audition, with her audition number being #1111. On August 14, during the Hello! Project 2011 SUMMER concert tour, Nakanishi Kana was announced as a S/mileage sub-member along with Katsuta Rina, Takeuchi Akari, Kosuga Fuyuka, and Tamura Meimi.
On October 16, Nakanishi was promoted to an official member of S/mileage along with the other sub-members, becoming the second generation members.
On May 13, information was released about an event featuring Morning Musume's 9th and 10th generation members as well as S/mileage’s 2nd generation members, titled Mosuma FC Event ~Gachi☆Kira~, that would take place throughout June and early July at Yokohama Blitz.
On April 14, S/mileage's 2nd generation members held a fanclub event.
On May 26, it was announced that Nakanishi would take part in a new project called Yattaruchan Daisakusen starting in August, for which she would go on a mission to become "Super Yattaruchan", along with the support of Takeuchi Akari. On the same day, Nakanishi opened an official Twitter account.
On July 24, she announced that she finished shooting for her first solo DVD, sweet kana, which was later released on October 3.
On March 2, Takeuchi Akari and Nakanishi tweeted that their Twitter accounts would become inactive, but they would start to update their blog more often. Some of Nakanishi's last tweets stated: "Maido! I still need to grow so I don't think I've become Yattaruchan yet but I'm glad I learned many things and met many people through Operation Yattaruchan(*^_^*)", "Maido! I feed very sad and I don't agree w/the decision(>_<) I won't forget everything that happened on Twitter and I'll keep updating the blog so please read it(*^_^*) Thank you(*^_^*)", and "Maido! I hope I can tweet again, to be continued...".
On June 2, Nakanishi celebrated her 17th birthday at fanclub event titled S/mileage ~Nakanishi Kana Birthday Event 2014~. The event featured two performances in Tokyo.
On June 4, Nakanishi celebrated her 18th birthday at a fanclub event called ANGERME Nakanishi Kana Birthday Event 2015, featuring one performance at TOKYO FM HALL.
On November 29 during the ANGERME First Concert Tour 2015 Aki "Hyakka Ryouran" ~Fukuda Kanon Sotsugyou Special~, Nakanishi and Takeuchi Akari were appointed as joint sub-leaders of ANGERME.
On June 6, Nakanishi celebrated her 19th birthday at a fanclub event called ANGERME Nakanishi Kana Birthday Event 2016, featuring two performances at TOKYO FM HALL.
On June 5, Nakanishi celebrated her 20th birthday at a fanclub event titled ANGERME Nakanishi Kana Birthday Event 2017. The event featured two shows at TOKYO FM HALL.
On October 28, Nakanishi made a guest appearance at the premium Halloween night screening of Wonder Woman at Isetan Shinjuku's rooftop garden.
On June 8, Nakanishi celebrated her 21st birthday at a fanclub event titled ANGERME Nakanishi Kana Birthday Event 2018, which featured two shows at Square Ebara Hiratsuka Hall.
On December 19, it was announced that Nakanishi was diagnosed with enthesitis in her left Achilles tendon. She first complained about foot pain in the middle of November which the doctor examined overtime, but due to the lack of recovery and her foot hurting when she walked, a thorough examination was done and resulted in the diagnosis of enthesitis. Nakanishi requires at least four to six weeks of treatment, forcing her to take absence from ANGERME's appearance at rockin'on presents COUNTDOWN JAPAN 18/19 on December 29 and limiting her participation for other events and lives up to January 13 to only sitting or MCs.
On January 16, Nakanishi's injury was recently reexamined and it was decided that she could not participate in the Hello! Project 20th Anniversary!! Hello! Project 2019 WINTER concert tour up to mid-February due to her having difficulty walking for too long when traveling. As of February 7, she still required medical treatment and had to restrict further activities. She was able to participate in the MC segments of the ANGERME Live Tour 2019 Haru ~Rinnetenshou~ shows on February 17, but was absent for remainder of the live tour, which ended on March 10, as well as the Hello! Project concert tour, which ended on March 3. Nakanishi returned to performing in the Hello! Project 20th Anniversary!! Hello! Project Hina Fes 2019 at the end of March.
On June 3, she celebrated her 22nd birthday at a fanclub event titled ANGERME Nakanishi Kana Birthday Event 2019, which had two shows at TOKYO FM HALL.
On September 30, Nakanishi announced that she would graduate from both ANGERME and Hello! Project, and retire from the entertainment industry on December 10 at the end of the ANGERME Live Tour 2019 Natsu Aki "Next Page" at Toyosu PIT. She made her decision to graduate earlier in the year while she was recovering from her injury, but postponed the announcement until after Katsuta Rina's graduation. She is interested in studying beauty and food, as well as business management. She wants to expand her horizons and challenge new things, but has not yet decided what path to take.
September 30, 2019
Statement from Nakanishi Kana
On November 15, Nakanishi Kana held a "Yattaruchan Cinema" talk event sponsored by Kaiju Radio at the AEON Cinema THEATUS Chofu movie theater.
On December 8, it was revealed that Fukuda Kanon had written and composed a solo song for Nakanishi called "Tenshi no Namida" in honor of her graduation. The next day, the song was uploaded onto ANGERME's official YouTube channel. The song will be released for digital download on December 20, 2019.
On July 10, she opened up a YouTube channel.
On April 3, Nakanishi was announced as a member of the YouTube group CHAOSPIPIS (now Youplus) alongside five former members of other idol groups such as Ogata Haruna (from Morning Musume), Hayashida Mahiro (from Fairies), Okonogi Ruka (from akishibu project), Kawago Hina (from Nogizaka46), and Shiraki Riho (from Turtle Lily). She founded the group in hopes of setting a new precedent of a second career for former idols searching for work after their graduation.
When she auditioned for S/mileage, Nakanishi was a 2nd year middle school student.In March 2016, Nakanishi graduated from high school. She attended Hinode High School, a private academy known for its alumni in the entertainment industry, and also graduated with Ikuta Erina.
The following list are notable friendships Nakanishi Kana has acquired:
- Tamura Meimi: Nakanishi got along the best with Tamura Meimi in ANGERME.
- Aikawa Maho: She became friends with Aikawa Maho during the Hello! Project 2014 SUMMER concert tour.
- Suzuki Kanon: She is good friend with former Morning Musume member Suzuki Kanon.
- Oda Sakura: She also is good friend with Morning Musume member Oda Sakura.
- Inaba Manaka: She gets along well with Juice=Juice member Inaba Manaka.
- Kishimoto Yumeno: She gets along well with Tsubaki Factory member Kishimoto Yumeno.
- Funaki Musubu: She gets along well with former ANGERME / Country Girls member Funaki Musubu.
- Sato Masaki: Nakanishi hangs out often with Morning Musume member Sato Masaki, and has said Sato's family are really nice people.
- Hirose Ayaka: Nakanishi gets along the best with former Kobushi Factory member Hirose Ayaka outside of ANGERME.
Nakanishi's given name, "Kana", means fragrance (香; ka) combined with a phonetic character (菜; na).
Here is a list of nicknames that was used to refer to Nakanishi Kana:
- Kananan (かななん): Official nickname, given her since joining S/mileage. Used by members and fans.
- Kanana (かなな): Unofficial nickname, given her since joining S/mileage used by fans.
- Name: Nakanishi Kana (中西香菜)
- Nickname: Kananan (かななん), Kanana (かなな)
- Birthdate: June 4, 1997
- Birthplace: Osaka, Japan
- Blood Type: A
- Height: 160 cm (5 ft 2.9 in)?
- Western Zodiac: Gemini
- Eastern Zodiac: Ox
- Hello! Project Status:
- UP-FRONT GROUP Status:
- Years in ANGERME: 8 years
- Official Kaomoji: 川*⌒ｖ⌒）
- S/mileage / ANGERME Color:
- Light Blue (2011-2014)
- Light Pink (2014-2019)
- Audition Song: "Suki-chan" by S/mileage
- Hello! Project Groups:
- Shuffle Units:
- Concert Units:
- Hello! Project Mobekimasu (2011-2013)
- Other Groups:
- Youplus (2021-present)
- [2019.12.20] Tenshi no Namida
-  Kaidan Shin Mimibukuro・Igyou (怪談新耳袋・異形)
- [2011–2012] Hello Pro! TIME (ハロプロ！ＴＩＭＥ)
-  S/mileage no Sono Joshiki Choto Mate Kudasai! (スマイレージのその常識チョトマテクダサイ!)
- [2012–2013] Hello! SATOYAMA Life (ハロー! SATOYAMA ライフ)
- [2014–2019] The Girls Live
-  AI・DOL PROJECT (AI・DOL プロジェクト)
- [2013–2019] Hello! Project Station
- [2014–2016] MUSIC+
- [2015–2016] GREEN ROOM
- [2016–2019] Upcoming
- [2016–2017] Girls Night Out
- [2017–2019] tiny tiny
- [2018–2019] OMAKE CHANNEL
-  Hello Pro no Monohon!
-  Hello Pro no Oshigoto Challenge
-  Hello Pro Kouhaku Taiko THE☆BATTLE 2019
-  Mister Donut (ミスタードーナツの)
-  Warera Jeanne ~Shoujo Seisen Kageki~ (as Anemone and Violette)
-  LILIUM -Lilium Shoujo Junketsu Kageki- (as Camellia)
-  SMILE FANTASY!
-  MODE (as Yamaguchi Sakura)
-  Yumemiru Television (as Ome Shoji)
-  Attack No.1 (as Onuma Miyuki)
- Gallery:Nakanishi Kana
- Gallery:S/mileage 2nd Generation
- List:Nakanishi Kana Discography Featured In
- List:Nakanishi Kana Concert & Event Appearances
- List:Nakanishi Kana Publications Featured In
- List:Nakanishi Kana Pocket Morning Weekly Q&A
Oldest member of ANGERME
- ANGERME Profile (archived)
- Nakanishi Kana Official Fan Site
- Nakanishi House YouTube channel
- Solpenna Accessory
- Official Blogs:
- Twitter (inactive)