|5th Generation (Winners)|
|Total Applicants||25,827 Auditionees|
|Winners|| Takahashi Ai|
|Previous||3rd Tsuika Audition (2000)|
|Next||LOVE Audition 2002 (2002)|
Morning Musume LOVE Audition 21 (モーニング娘。LOVEオーディション21) was an audition held in 2001, in the search of the 5th generation members of Morning Musume.
- Application Requirements
- Female, must be in 7th through 12th Grade during the auditions.
- Total Applicants
- 25,827 Auditionees
- Training Camp and Theme Song
- Voice - LOVE Namida Iro (Matsuura Aya)
- Dance - I LOVE NEW YORK CITY
- Group Voice - I WISH (Morning Musume)
- On MUSIX!
The girls submit an application before the due date in order to participate. A total of 25,827 applications were received. Tsunku checked each application and narrowed it down to 161.
Second Round Edit
All 161 applicants gathered in Tokyo TV studio for second round audition. Tsunku chooses 9 of them for training camp.
9 girls were originally selected for the training camp which lasted for 4 days:
- Ogawa Makoto (小川麻琴), 13
- Sato Mina (佐藤聖奈), 12
- Takahashi Ai (高橋愛), 14
- Niigaki Risa (新垣里沙), 12
- Kayou Aiko (嘉陽愛子), 15
- Kinoshita Yukina (木下優樹菜), 13
- Konno Asami (紺野あさ美), 13
- Kumiko Suzuki (鈴木久美子), 13
- Nishida Natsumi (西田奈津美), 12
- Tanaka Reina was a finalist but was kicked out because she did not meet the age requirements; she would later enter and pass the following year's audition.
- Miyoshi Erika participated in this audition but failed. In 2003, she won the 2003 Hello! Project audition and later joined v-u-den.
- Satoda Mai participated in this audition, but failed. Afterwards, she auditioned for Country Musume and passed.
- Kinoshita Yukina later debuted as a model and actress, and crossed paths with fellow auditionee Satoda Mai in the unit Pabo.
- Kayou Aiko later signed on to Avex Trax in 2003.
- Nishida Natsumi later auditioned for sixth generation, but failed. Afterwards, she debuted as a gravure idol in 2004.
- Yoshiki Risa participated in the audition, and later debuted as a gravure idol in 2004.
- Tanimura Mitsuki participated in the audition, and later debuted as an actress in 2003 under Hori Agency.
- Otake Imaru participated in the audition, and later debuted as a model and singer under the name IMALU in 2009.
- Suzuki Kumiko later became an announcer in 2010.