Miyoshi Chinatsu (三佳千夏), born as Chigi Rumiko (千木留美子) and currently known as Tani Rumiko (谷ルミコ), is a Japanese and Korean singer. She rose to fame when she became a member of Hello! Project in 1999.
She left in late 2000, returning to South Korea. Since her marriage in 2006 to Korean pop singer Kim Jung Min, she has been working as a talent while maintaining her blog.
In February, Chigi Rumiko entered the 1st Morning Musume & Heike Michiyo Protegee Audition as one of over 3000 applicants.
On May 18, 1999 it was revealed on Idol wo Sagase that Chigi had passed the audition. She was given the stage name Miyoshi Chinatsu shortly after she won. She was given a solo career within Hello! Project next to Nakazawa Yuko and Heike Michiyo. However, while Nakazawa released enka and Heike pop/rock, Miyoshi released up-beat ballads.
On August 4, Miyoshi released her first single, Unchain My Heart. On the same date as its release, Hello! Project had a live concert TV broadcast called LIVE!! Summer Nite Town 99, where Miyoshi made her debut on stage.
On August 10, Miyoshi held her debut event at Ikebukuro Sunshine City Alpa
In November, she released her second single, Love, Yes I do!. The song was used as the first ending theme for the anime Majutsushi Orphen: Revenge. The song also made it onto two compilation albums for the anime.
In February Miyoshi appeared in the music video "Tunnel Tengoku", used as the opening theme for the TV show "THE GARAGE" on TV Tokyo.
In March Miyoshi appeared in the music video "Blue Chateu", used as the opening theme for the TV show "THE GARAGE" on TV Tokyo.
In April, Miyoshi travelled to New York, USA, to recharge her energy. She was watching musicals, going to museums and taking walks.
In May, Miyoshi released her third single, Anata no Shirts to Love song. The lyrics for this song was written by Miyoshi herself.
On August 29, Miyoshi participated in the Yunotsu LOVE² Oosawagi Hello! Project 2000 event.
On September 26, Miyoshi participated in the Dream Live Pop Revue 2000 concert.
In September, Miyoshi appeared in what would be her last concert. The official reason for her departure was that she would like to look at herself objectively, and have more variety of experience. It was speculated that the real reason was that she was dismissed due to monetary issues with the office. There were rumors that she was either the former lover of the person who was in the office, or the lover of someone who had the trouble with the office.
In September, Miyoshi began to show her face to the public again and began taking up acting, singing, and dancing lessons.
In 2005, Miyoshi re-entered the music scene when she contributed to a soundtrack to a horror movie called Kokkuri-san. Upon her return, she changed her name to Tani Rumiko, being both a solo artist and in a band called march. The band is made up of Tani and Sun (a Korean artist).
In August, she and Korean pop singer Kim Jung Min (real name Kim Jung Soo), who she had been dating, announced their engagement, they married on October 21. She claimed South Korean citizenship and currently resides in South Korea. They have since had three children together.
- [1999.08.04] LIVE!! Summer Nite Town 99
- [1999.08.08] Coconuts Musume & Miyoshi Chinatsu Mini Concert (at Tokyo Marin) (ココナッツ娘 & 三佳千夏ミニライブ - 東京マリン)
- [1999.08.14] Hello! Project '99
- [2000.01.02] Hello! Project Happy New Year 2000
- [2000.07.15] Hello! Project 2000 ~Atsumare! Summer Party~
- [1999.08.10] Miyoshi Chinatsu Debut Event at Ikebukuro Sunshine City Alpa
- Miyoshi Chinatsu Millenium Event release!!!! (三佳千夏ミレニアムイベント発売!!)
-  Pinch Runner
- [2005.04.08] Koh valley Rumi
-  Noriko in Seoul (노리코, 서울에 가다) (as Haruka)
- [1999.03] Idol wo Sagase!
-  TV Tokyo
- [2000.04.30-2000.09.24] Hello! Morning
- [2000.08.26] Sumida River Fireworks Display at TV Tokyo
- [2000.07.25] Morning Musume no Heso
- [2000.07.20] Morning Musume no Heso
- [2000.06.20] Idol wo Sagase!
- [2000.06.13] Ongaku Tsuushin (音楽通信)
- [2000.05.02] Idol wo Sagase!
- [2000.01.18] Idol wo Sagase!
- [2000.01.11] Idol wo Sagase!
- [2000.01.08] Pop Jam
- [2004.11.xx] CS ・ SKY Jupiter Shop Channel (CSスカパー『ジュピター･ショップチャンネル』)
- [1999/2000] GIRLPOP Hello! Project Special
- [2005.01] saita 7/11 Gentei Mook (Shiba Park Suppan) (『saita(セブンイレブン限定ムック)』(芝パーク出版))
- Makoto of Sharam Q gave her the name Miyoshi Chinatsu when she joined Hello! Project.
- Her long legs became a big part of her image and were a trademark of hers.
- Her producer while in Hello! Project was Sanada Kaoru, a former member of the band Tokyo JAP.
- She was never in the yearly shuffles units arranged by Tsunku.
- There has been some rumors about whether Miyoshi is actually Japanese, and what her real name is. It was speculated that her real name was Chigi Rumiko (千木留美子), but in a Tweet, she posted a picture of her Japanese passport (to prove her citizenship) which stated her name is Tani Rumiko (谷留美子). 
- Gallery:Miyoshi Chinatsu