Miyamoto Karin (宮本佳林) is a Japanese pop singer. She is a former idol under Hello! Project as a member of Juice=Juice. She first joined as a member of Hello Pro Egg, and was previously a member of the unit Shin Minimoni and the SATOYAMA movement unit Jurin.
- 1 Biography
- 2 Personal Life
- 3 Profile
- 4 Kopink
- 5 Discography
- 6 Publications
- 7 Works
- 8 Rankings
- 9 Trivia
- 10 See Also
- 11 Honorary Titles
- 12 References
- 13 External Links
Miyamoto Karin was born on December 1, 1998 in Chiba, Japan to a couple whose names are undisclosed.
Miyamoto Karin joined Hello! Project as a member of Hello Pro Egg in 2008. She was first introduced at the 2008 Hello! Project Shinjin Kouen 11gatsu ~Yokohama JUMP!~ concert in November as a winner of the UP-FRONT Egg Audition.
In June, Miyamoto took part in the stage play Ojigi de SHAPE-UP!, the sequel to Ojigi 30 do Degrees, with fellow Hello Pro Egg member Takeuchi Akari, and Morning Musume members Takahashi Ai, Kamei Eri, Michishige Sayumi, and Tanaka Reina.
From April 8 to 12, Miyamoto appeared in the stage play Kaibutsu no Kodomo.
In 2011, Miyamoto participated in the S/mileage Shin Member Boshuu!, but failed to pass.
In December, Miyamoto was in a stage play featuring Okai Chisato, Nakajima Saki, and Kudo Haruka, titled 1974 (Ikunayo). The play ran from December 14 to December 18. She replaced Takeuchi Akari, who was supposed to play the role, but was taken out due to S/mileage activities.
She auditioned for Morning Musume's 11th generation, but was not chosen to enter the group.
Shortly after the auditions, it was announced that select Hello Pro Kenshuusei members, including Karin, would be releasing their first single, "Kanojo ni Naritai!!!".
She was a back-up dancer for the S/mileage Live Tour 2012 Aki ~Choi Kawa Banchou~.
On January 27, Miyamoto and other Hello Pro Kenshuusei members appeared as an opening act for Morning Musume's mini-live event at the Osaka's Senri SELCY Square to promote "Help me!!". They sang "Kanojo ni Naritai!!!" and were back-up dancers for "LOVE Machine".
On February 3, during the Bravo! concert in Fukuoka, it was announced that Miyamoto would debut in a new unit, Juice=Juice, along with Kanazawa Tomoko, Miyazaki Yuka, Takagi Sayuki, Otsuka Aina and Uemura Akari. Tsunku's commented about Miyamoto:
- "Up until now she has participated in a few unit in Hello Project as someone with a real talent. Her character is also strong."
On February 12, it announced that Miyamoto would participate in a stageplay titled Moshimo Kokumin ga Shusho wo Erandara along with Takahashi Ai, Ishikawa Rika, Wada Ayaka, Fukuda Kanon, and Uemura Akari. There was 11 showings and it ran from April 24 to the 30.
On February 13, it was announced that she would be graduating from PINK!SS and Kopinks!, to focus on Juice=Juice. She officially graduated on March 2 at the PINK!SS & Kopinks! Special Live. Miyamoto released her first and last mini-album as Kopink, titled Kopinks! Melodies ~star chart~, on March 20. Her last episode as Kopink was broadcast on April 2.
On February 23, She participated as a back-dancer at Mano Erina's graduation concert.
On August 23, it was announced that Miyamoto suffered a left cuboid bone fracture, she was expected to be fully recovered in six weeks, and until then she was not be able to dance in Juice=Juice activities.
On September 15, staff reported that Miyamoto was in poor condition and couldn't participate in a upcoming Juice=Juice handshake event and in the Hello Pro Kenshuusei Happyoukai 2013 ~9gatsu no Nama Tamago Show!~ that day.
On December 17, Miyamoto and Uemura Akari celebrated their birthdays in a joint event titled Juice=Juice Miyamoto Karin・Uemura Akari Birthday Event 201, which featured two shows at TOKYO FM HALL.
On January 16, Miyamoto's first solo e-Hello DVD, Greeting ~Miyamoto Karin~, was announced to be released in late March.
On April 27, Miyamoto announced her first solo photobook, titled Karin, released on June 12.
On July 16, she released her first solo image DVD, KArin.
On December 11, Miyamoto and Uemura Akari celebrated their birthdays in a joint fanclub event titled Juice=Juice Miyamoto Karin・Uemura Akari Birthday Event 2014 at Differ Ariake.
On May 27, Miyamoto released her second solo photobook, Karin sixteen.
On July 16, she released her first solo image Blu-ray, Karin wa 16sai.
On December 1, Miyamoto celebrated her 17th birthday at a special event called Juice=Juice Miyamoto Karin Birthday Event 2015. The event featured two performances at CLUB CITTA' in Kanagawa, and parts of the event were recorded for Juice=Juice's 2016 drama Budokan.
On December 1, Miyamoto celebrated her 18th birthday at a fanclub event titled Juice=Juice Miyamoto Karin Birthday Event 2016. The event featured two shows at Yamano Hall.
On July 21 and 22, for both the Juice=Juice LIVE AROUND 2017 ~Seven Horizon~ and the Hello! Project 2017 SUMMER concerts that took place, Miyamoto could only dance and not sing due to inflammation of her vocal cords. On July 25, it was announced that Miyamoto was diagnosed with functional dysphonia. Even when only dancing and mimicking her solo parts during the weekend concerts, she had difficulty breathing. In order to recover, all work that required her voice, such as lives and events, was canceled until further notice. In the meantime, Miyamoto continued to update her blog and was still able to do photoshoot work.
On August 28, it was announced that Miyamoto was scheduled to return to the Juice=Juice LIVE AROUND 2017 ~Seven Horizon~ tour on August 31 and was also prepared to appear in the final Hello! Project 2017 SUMMER ~HELLO! MEETING HIROSHIMA~ concert and the upcoming Juice=Juice LIVE AROUND 2017 ~World Tour~.
On December 1, Miyamoto celebrated her 19th birthday at a fanclub event, titled Juice=Juice Miyamoto Karin Birthday Event 2017, at Differ Ariake.
From January 3 to January 7, Miyamoto could not participate in the Hello! Project 20th Anniversary!! Hello! Project 2018 WINTER concerts reportedly due to "poor health". On January 12, it was announced on the Hello! Project website that Miyamoto sprained her neck during concert rehearsals on January 3, and she was taken to the hospital due to headaches and neck pain. Although her neck pain improved over the week, her hearing was uncomfortable and the doctor referred her to a specialist at another hospital, who raised suspicions that Miyamoto may have Bell's palsy. She was hospitalized for a week and missed the January 13 and 14 concerts in order to rest and properly recover. Miyamoto was discharged on January 15 and gradually resumed activities. In a consultation with the doctor and her parents, it was decided it was necessary to continue monitoring her progress after medical treatment. As a result, Miyamoto was absent from the all Hello! Project concerts up to February 3, as well as the start of the Juice=Juice LIVE GEAR 2018 ~Go ahead~ tour on January 25 and 26.
On February 8, the final diagnosis of Miyamoto's condition was announced as sudden sensorineural hearing loss. Her hearing had become stable, and she made a partial return to performance in the ongoing Hello! Project and Juice=Juice tours that weekend. As of the Juice=Juice concert held on March 3, she became able to fully perform.
On December 1, Miyamoto released her fourth solo photobook, titled KAKUSEI. Then later that day, she celebrated her 20th birthday at fanclub event titled Juice=Juice Miyamoto Karin Birthday Event 2018, which featured two shows at Yamano Hall.
On December 26, she released her third solo image Blu-ray, titled Karin=KARIN.
On March 3, that it was announced Miyamoto would star in Penlight, SKY PerfecTV!'s fourth Twitter morning drama series that would be posted every day from March 11 to March 16.
From October 17 to October 24, she held her first solo concert tour, titled Miyamoto Karin LIVE TOUR ~Karing~, in three cities. She performed several new solo songs for the tour, including "Doushite Bokura ni wa Yaruki ga nai no ka", which was digitally released on October 18.
On December 1, she celebrated her 21st birthday at a fanclub event titled Juice=Juice Miyamoto Karin Birthday Event 2019, featuring two shows at Yamano Hall.
On February 10, it was announced that Miyamoto Karin was set to graduate from Juice=Juice and Hello! Project on June 3, at the end of Juice=Juice CONCERT TOUR 2020 ~Pop Juice Journey~, in order to begin activities as a soloist. She had been thinking about her graduation since fall 2018, and was interested in pursuing DIY and interior design. She was also interested in challenging herself to become a solo performer that focuses on both singing and dancing. After her graduation, she is set to begin solo activities in fall 2020.
On April 21, it was announced that Funaki Musubu and Miyamoto Karin's graduations set for June 2020 would be postponed to a later date due to the government's declaration of emergency following the spread of the coronavirus getting worse. Both stated that they wanted to graduate in front of an audience, and thus made the decision to postpone their graduations.
On September 27, Miyamoto Karin held a solo fanclub event titled Juice=Juice Miyamoto Karin FC Event 2020, which featured three shows at COTTON CLUB. In compliance with government policy, cheering, crowding, standing, and closeness in the venue were prohibited, and wearing masks were required to enter.
On December 10, Miyamoto graduated from Juice=Juice and Hello! Project at the Juice=Juice Concert 2020 ~Tsudzuiteiku STORY~ Miyamoto Karin Sotsugyou Special in Nippon Budokan. On the same day, she released the song "Mirai no Filament" digitally.
On May 2, she was set to hold a solo concert at Nakano Sun Plaza titled Miyamoto Karin LIVE 2021 Haru ~Amaryllis~. An additional date on May 23 at Mielparque Hall Osaka was added, and the May 2 concert was postponed following a new emergency declaration by the Japanese government due to an increase of COVID-19 cases in the country.
She was raised as an only child and lives with her grandparents. She has a pet cat named Jasmine.On October 8, 2018 Miyamoto announced that her grandfather had passed away while she was performing in the Time Repeat ~Towa ni Kimi wo Omou~ musical. His last words to her were "Do your best Juice=Juice".
Miyamoto's given name, Karin, was chosen so that good (佳) things would happen one after another (林).
- Karin (カリン): Official nickname, given her since joining Hello Pro Egg. Used by members and fans.
- Kopink (コピンク): Kopink is Miyamoto's voice-actor character.
- Karin-chan-san (かりんーちゃんーさん): A nickname for Miyamoto Karin, which Sayashi Riho used first on her blog during the musical Reborn ~Inochi no Audition~ in 2011. Sayashi used two kinds of honorifics together, “chan” for endearing one and “san” for respectable one.
- Chan-san (ちゃんさん): Derived from her 'Karin-chan-san' nickname.
- Rin-chan (りんちゃん): Derived from 'Karin-chan'.
- Name: Miyamoto Karin (宮本佳林)
- Stage Name: Kopink (コピンク) (2011-2013)
- Nickname: Karin (カリン)
- Birthdate: December 1, 1998
- Birthplace: Chiba, Japan
- Blood Type: O
- Height: 154 cm (5 ft 0.6 in)?
- Western Zodiac: Sagittarius
- Eastern Zodiac: Tiger
- Hello! Project Status:
- UP-FRONT GROUP Status:
- Official Kaomoji: ﾉﾘ・ ｡・ﾘ
- Juice=Juice Fruit (Member Color): Grape
- Kopink (Image Color): Pink
- NEXT YOU Color: Light Pink
- Hello! Project Groups:
- Shuffle Units:
- Concert Units:
- Wonderful Hearts (2008-2010)
- Other Groups:
Starting in 2011, Miyamoto provided voice-over for the Shizuoka Asahi TV program PINK!SS, and was the voice actress of the anime character Kopink (コピンク; sometimes stylized as コピンク*) for the other SATV program Kopinks!. As Kopink, Miyamoto released five solo digital singles and a mini-album.
- Digital Singles
- Mini Albums
- [2013.03.20] Kopinks! Melodies ~star chart~ (Kopink)
- [2014.10.08] Kopinks! Melodies 2 ~focalize~ (Kopink)
- Solo Songs
- Digital Songs
- Original Songs
-  Pink Moment
-  20sai no Birthday (20歳のBirthday; 20th Birthday)
-  LOVE, KISS, NEED, YOU
-  Hyoutenka (氷点下; Below Freezing)
-  Tamerai (タメライ; Hesitation)
-  Chuushajou no Onee-san (駐車場のお姉さん; Parking Lot Lady)
-  Wakamono Brand (若者ブランド; Youth Brand)
-  Shoujo K (少女K; Girl K)
-  "Ochikobore no Garakuta Datte" (「落ちこぼれのガラクタだって」; "Even Scattered Junk")
- Solo Concert DVDs/Blu-rays
- [2020.03.25] Miyamoto Karin LIVE TOUR ~Karing~
- Solo DVDs/Blu-rays
- [2014.03.03] Greeting ~Miyamoto Karin~ (e-Hello! DVD)
- [2014.07.16] KArin
- [2015.07.22] Karin wa 16sai
- [2016.11.23] bluest
- [2018.12.26] Karin=KARIN
- [2020.11.17] Miyamoto Karin Sotsugyou Memorial
- Solo Fanclub DVDs
- [2014.06.12] Karin
- [2015.05.27] Karin sixteen
- [2016.10.21] Sunflower
- [2018.12.01] KAKUSEI
- [2020.05.20] RIN
-  Ojigi de Shape Up!
- [2010.04.08~11] Kaibutsu no Kodomo
-  Sanokuen Shoujo
-  Ima ga Itsuka ni Naru Mae ni
-  Reborn ~Inochi no Audition~
-  1974 (Ikunayo)
-  B・B~bumpy buddy~
-  Sugar Spot
-  Moshimo Kokumin ga Shusho wo Erandara
-  Musical Koisuru Hello Kitty
-  Time Repeat ~Towa ni Kimi wo Omou~
-  Hoshisuna no Shima no Chiisana Tenshi ~Mermaid Smile~ (星砂の島のちいさな天使～マーメイド スマイル)
-  JK Ninja Girls (cameo)
- [2010.04.24] Asonde Manabu (アソンデマナブ)
- [2010–2013] PINK!SS (ピンクス) (voice-over)
- [2011–2013] Kopinks! (コピンクス!) (voice of Kopink)
- [2012–2013] Hello! SATOYAMA Life
- [2014–2019] The Girls Live
- [2019–2020] AI・DOL PROJECT (AI・DOL プロジェクト)
- [2019–2020] Hello Pro! TOKYO Sanpo (ハロプロ!TOKYO散歩)
-  Hello Dream. (ハロドリ。)
-  Hello! Project presents... "Solo Fes!"
-  Penlight (ペンライト) (Twitter)
- [2013.10.03–] We are Juice=Juice
- [2016–2019] HELLO! DRIVE! (HELLO! DRIVE! -ハロドラ-) (Tuesdays, 2016.09–2017.09; Mondays, 2017.10–2019.06)
- [2013.4.16] Hello Pro Kenshuusei no Tadaima Kenshuuchuu!
- [2013–] Hello! Project Station
- [2014–2016] MUSIC+
- [2015–2016] GREEN ROOM
- [2016–] Upcoming
- [2016–2017] Girls Night Out
- [2017–] tiny tiny
- [2018–] OMAKE CHANNEL
-  Hello Pro no Monohon!
- [2019–2020] Hello Pro no Oshigoto Challenge
-  Hello Pro Kouhaku Taiko THE☆BATTLE 2019
-  Hello Pro ONE×ONE
-  Team Okai - Wakuteka Take a chance (as Suzuki Kanon)
-  Team Okai - Brainstorming (as Suzuki Kanon)
-  Morning Musume '15 - Seishun Kozou wa Naiteiru (replacement dancer for Suzuki Kanon)
-  Morning Musume '15 - Yuugure wa Ameagari (replacement dancer for Suzuki Kanon)
-  Horiuchi Takao - Minna Shounen Datta
- She ranked at #34 in Anican R YanYan magazine's September 2013 "Singing idol you like the most".
- She ranked at #35 in Anican R YanYan magazine's October 2013 "Singing idol you like the most".
- She was voted 6th favorite member in the 2013 Hello! Project Music Awards Event.
- She ranked at #1 in God Tongue's 2014 "Cutest Next Generation Idol" ranking.
- She ranked at #1 in BOMB magazine's 2014 "Breakout idols" ranking.
- Gallery:Miyamoto Karin
- List:Miyamoto Karin Discography Featured In
- List:Miyamoto Karin Publications Featured In
- List:Miyamoto Karin Concert & Event Appearances
- List:Miyamoto Karin Pocket Morning Weekly Q&A
Youngest member of Hello Pro Egg
Youngest member of Shin Minimoni.
- J.P ROOM Profile
- Official Blog
- Juice=Juice Profile (archived)
- Juice=Juice Official Blog (inactive)
|1st Generation||Yaguchi Mari • Mika • Tsuji Nozomi • Kago Ai|
|2nd Generation||Takahashi Ai|
|Shin Minimoni||Linlin • Fukuda Kanon • Takeuchi Akari • Miyamoto Karin|
|Singles||1. Minimoni Jankenpyon! / Haru Natsu Aki Fuyu Daisukki! • 2. Minimoni Telephone! Rin Rin Rin / Minimoni Bus Guide • 3. Minihamus no Ai no Uta • 4. Minimoni Hinamatsuri! / Mini Strawberry Pie • 5. Ai~n Taisou / Ai~n! Dance no Uta • 6. Genki Jirushi no Oomori Song / Okashi Tsukutte Okkasui~! • 7. Minihamus no Kekkon Song • 8. Rock 'n' Roll Kenchoushozaichi ~Oboechaina Series~ • 9. Minimoni Kazoe Uta ~Ofuro Version~ / Minimoni Kazoe Uta ~Date Version~ • 10. CRAZY ABOUT YOU • 11. Mirakururun Grand Purin! / Pi~hyara Kouta • 12. Lucky Cha Cha Cha!|
|Albums||1. Minimoni Song Daihyakka 1kan • 2. Minimoni Songs 2|
|Soundtrack||1. Minimoni the Movie Okashi na Daibouken! Original Soundtrack|
|Units & Other Groups|
|Associated Acts||Morning Musume • Tanpopo • Coconuts Musume • W • Hello Pro Egg • S/mileage • Juice=Juice|
|High-King||Takahashi Ai • Tanaka Reina • Shimizu Saki • Yajima Maimi • Maeda Yuuka|
|Tanpopo#||Kamei Eri • Mitsui Aika • Kumai Yurina • Okai Chisato|
|Petitmoni V||Mano Erina • Nakajima Saki • Hagiwara Mai|
|Shin Minimoni.||Linlin • Fukuda Kanon • Takeuchi Akari • Miyamoto Karin|
|Aa!||Natsuyaki Miyabi • Suzuki Airi • Saho Akari|
|ZYX-α||Niigaki Risa • Kusumi Koharu • Umeda Erika • Tsugunaga Momoko • Tokunaga Chinami • Sudo Maasa • Wada Ayaka • Ogawa Saki|
|Zoku v-u-den||Michishige Sayumi • Junjun • Sugaya Risako|
|Discography Featured In|
|Albums||As Chanpuru: Chanpuru ① ~Happy Marriage Song Cover Shuu~ • Petit Best 10|
Other: Hello! Project no Zenkyoku kara Atsumechaimashita! Vol. 4 (Petitmoni V only)
|DVDs||As Chanpuru: Hello! Project DVD Magazine Vol.21|
|Concerts Featured In|
|Hello! Project||As Chanpuru: 2009 SUMMER • 2010 WINTER • 2010 SUMMER • 2011 WINTER|
Other: 2013 Fuyu (High-King, Petitmoni V, ZYX-α, Zoku v-u-den only) • Berryz Koubou Matsuri (High-King, Aa!, ZYX only) • COUNTDOWN PARTY 2016 (Tanpopo# only)
|Units & Other Acts|
|Associated Acts||Morning Musume • Berryz Koubou • ℃-ute • Mano Erina • S/mileage • Mobekimasu • Buono! • Guardians 4 • Shugo Chara Egg! • Hello Pro Egg|
|Hello Pro Kenshuusei|