MilkyWay (pronounced as ミルキィウェイ) was a Hello! Project trio for the anime Kirarin☆Revolution, consisting of Morning Musume member and soloist Kusumi Koharu and Hello Pro Kenshuusei members Kitahara Sayaka and Kikkawa Yuu.
- Tsukishima Kirari (月島きらり; Pink) starring Kusumi Koharu (Morning Musume)
- Yukino Noel (雪野のえる; Light Blue) starring Kitahara Sayaka
- Hamasaki Cobeni (花咲こべに; Yellow) starring Kikkawa Yuu
On March 3, MilkyWay's formation was announced with the intention of the group recording songs to be used as the opening and ending theme songs to the anime Kirarin☆Revolution with which Hello! Project had ties too through Morning Musume member Kusumi Koharu, who voiced the main character of the series. The group's members were chosen due to the fact that all three girls lent their voices to characters in the series who had recently joined up to form an in-show group named MilkyWay.
Their debut single, "Anataboshi," released on April 30, 2008, attained a peak rank of #3 on Oricon weekly charts, while their second single "Tan Tan Taan!" was released on October 29, 2008 and peaked at #8.
On March 27, the anime Kirarin☆Revolution ended. Later in May, MilkyWay and SHIPS held a Kirarin☆Revolution Final Stage, singing their hits. The duo Kira☆Pika was also featured in the concert. There, all Kirarin☆Revolution groups officially disbanded.
- [2008.07.23] Various - Kirarin☆Revolution Song Selection 3 (#4 Anataboshi, #5 Sansan GOGO)
- [2008.12.10] Hello! Project - Petit Best 9 (#9 Anataboshi)
- [2008.12.17] Tsukishima Kirari starring Kusumi Koharu - Kirari to Fuyu (#2 Anataboshi, #9 Gamusharara, #10 Tan Tan Taan!, #11 Sansan GOGO)
- [2009.03.11] Tsukishima Kirari starring Kusumi Koharu - Best☆Kirari (#15 Anataboshi, #16 Sansan GOGO, #17 Tan Tan Taan!, #18 Gamusharara)
- [2009.03.18] Various - Kirarin☆Revolution Song Selection 5 (#1 Tan Tan Taan!, #2 Gamusharara)
- [2014.01.01] Hello! Project no Zenkyoku kara Atsumechaimashita! Vol. 2 (ハロー!プロジェクトの全曲から集めちゃいました! Vol.2 吉田豪編) (#12 Tan Tan Taan!)
- [2008–2009] Oha Suta
- All members had blood type A.
- They were the 2nd group (along with SHIPS) that was made for Kirarin☆Revolution.
- Official Hello! Project profile (archived)
- MilkyWay Entry at J-Ongaku (archived)
- Wikipedia: Japanese
|Solo Acts||Tsukishima Kirari starring Kusumi Koharu (Morning Musume)|
|Kira☆Pika||Kira | Pika|
|MilkyWay||Tsukishima Kirari starring Kusumi Koharu (Morning Musume) | Yukino Noel starring Kitahara Sayaka | Hanasaki Cobeni starring Kikkawa Yuu|
|SHIPS||Kazama Hiroto (Ide Takuya) | Hiwatari Seiji (Kanai Shikou)|
|Singles||Tsukishima Kirari: 1. Koi☆Kana | 2. Balalaika | 3.Happy☆彡 | 4. Chance! | 5. Papancake | 6. Hapi☆Hapi Sunday!|
Kira☆Pika: 1. Hana wo Pu-n / Futari wa NS
MilkyWay: 1. Anataboshi | 2. Tan Tan Taan!
SHIPS: 1. TOKYO FRIEND☆SHIPS | 2. Kimi ga Iru
Other: Ooki na Ai de Motenashite
|Albums||Original: 1. ☆☆☆ (Mitsuboshi) | 2. Kirarin☆Land | 3. Kirari to Fuyu|
Mini: 1. Song Selection | 2. Song Selection 2 | 3. Song Selection 3 | 4. Song Selection 4 | 5. Song Selection 5
|Other||Kirarin☆Revolution Final Stage|
|Units & Other Acts|
|Associated Acts||Morning Musume | ℃-ute | Hello Pro Egg|