|Born||May 28, 1984|
|Origin||Honolulu, United States|
|Agency||UP-FRONT AGENCY (1999-2004)|
P-PRO Entertainment agency (2005)
|Associated Acts||Coconuts Musume, Minimoni, Aoiro 7, 10-nin Matsuri, Happy 7, 7AIR, Hello! Project Seikatai|
|Joined||June 27, 1999|
|Debut Single||Halation Summer / Summer Night Town (English Version)|
|Last Single||Jounetsu Yuki Miraisen|
|Left||May 2, 2004|
|YouTube||Mika's YouTube Channel|
In May 2004, Todd performed in Japan for the last time, and left Hello! Project to study music in Los Angeles, California.
Mika was born and raised in Hawaii. Her mother is a native Japanese and her father Johnny Todd is a famous Australian-born American jazz pianist, giving her a strong background in music from a young age.
In November, a series of auditions called the Pacific Dream Pop Singer Competition was held in Hawaii, USA. 1500 applicants signed up, and Makoto (a band mate of Tsunku, producer of Morning Musume and Hello! Project) was allegedly the one choosing five girls out of the 1,500.
On December 20, 1998, Todd won the 3rd Prize (Special Award) in The Pacific Dream Pop Singer Contest, sponsored by Sony Music .
On July 23, 1999, she made her debut in Japan as part of the group Coconuts Musume. In Hello! Project, Coconuts Musume released 5 singles, with April and Chelsea leaving after their second, Danielle after their fourth, and Lehua Sandbo being picked up for the third. The group never released an album.
After Lehua left after the fifth single, Coconuts Musume continued with just Ayaka and Todd. Although they never released another single, the duo performed at Hello! Project concerts, appeared on television shows, hosted their own radio show, Kiss the Coconuts, and even promoted Dole pineapples.
March 29, 2003, Minimoni from Mari Yaguchi . Inherit the leader.
In late 2000, Morning Musume member Yaguchi Mari created the sub-group Minimoni with Kago Ai and Tsuji Nozomi. Tsunku added Todd into the group, and they made their debut in January 2001. Minimoni was a highly popular group at the time and gave Todd more exposure than Coconuts Musume received. Yaguchi Mari graduated from Minimoni in March 2003. Todd, as the oldest member, took over as the group's leader.
Todd co-starred in the Minimoni movie, Minimoni THE Movie Okashi na Daibouken!
She had a minor role in the made-for-TV series, Drama Minimoni de Bremen no Ongaku-tai.
In early 2004, it was announced that Todd would be graduating from Coconuts Musume, Minimoni and Hello! Project. She planned to study singing in California and pursue her career as a jazz singer.
On May 2, Todd performed at her last concert at Saitama, Japan. Be All Right (a song originally sang by the shuffle group 11WATER, and later covered on Minimoni's second album) was her last song with Ayaka as Coconuts Musume.
Minimoni Jankenpyon! / Haru Natsu Aki Fuyu Daisukki! (featuring Yaguchi Mari) and the two tracks off the last Minimoni single "Lucky Cha Cha Cha!" were Todd's last songs with Minimoni. Minimoni disbanded at this concert with their final performances.
Later, on May 29, Todd performed in Japan for the last time before her departure to study music in Los Angeles, California.
In 2005, while Todd was studying music and singing jazz, she occasionally performed with her father, Johnny Todd. She even traveled to Japan to sing for her Japanese fans. She also released an English-language jazz album, titled Mika, that featured only a few tracks.
In 2006, Todd became a voice actor for the American cartoon, Da Jammies (although the series was never released). When it was later released (in 2017), Mika was no longer involved.
In 2011, Mika Todd created a Twitter account.
On April 21 it was announced Mika Todd would return to the stage for a benefit at the Pasadena Civic Center for the weekend’s concert in support of Japan's relief after the disasters. Todd was quoted as saying that she ..."feels a responsibility to help the people of Japan, and the best way is through music." "It’s so hard to put into words how I feel about the situation in Japan,” Todd wrote in an email to the Rafu. “It breaks my heart to hear the many stories of the victims losing everything. But yet, it’s so amazing to hear how the Japanese community and the international community coming together to help in any way that they can. It makes me feel very proud to be Japanese and I am confident that they will stand again stronger than ever.”
On May 28th, even though it was her birthday, it was Todd giving fans a present, as she linked a video of her recording new songs in the studio. Former Coconuts Musume member Lehua Sandbo also sent her a message, saying, “I love the tone of your voice, Mika! It’s soothing for my soul.”
On December 17, Mika created a YouTube account and uploaded a cover of Kelly Clarkson's "Dark Side," while playing the guitar. She assured fans in a comment that she would be uploading more videos.
In 2013, her twitter account was hacked, and she stopped using it.
On February 11, she uploaded a cover of Bon Iver's "Skinny Love" to her YouTube channel.
On May 18, she uploaded a cover of "Song For You" to her YouTube channel.
Todd started training Brazilian Jiu Jitsu in 2014. Shortly after, she described how she was attacked walking to her car: "Last night, as I was walking to my car after work a man attempted to attack me. I was looking down at my phone and saw a man pass right by me from the corner of my eye. Soon after, he came from behind, put his arm around my neck and told me "don't scream or I'll slit your neck". As I realized what was happening, I yanked his arm down and kept screaming help until he ran off. I am so thankful that I've been training hard at Cobrinha Westside the past 2 months because I really think it prepared me for this terrible experience. I'm also glad that Cale taught me to just react in a situation like this. Had I not reacted in that split second, I think I would have been a victim. I'm sharing this because I want women out there to know that it could happen to you. Never walk alone at night and don't let your guard down. My guard was down and he saw his chance and took it. The funny thing is that as he walked right passed me, I felt uneasy. Always trust your instincts."
In 2019, she got married.
- Full Name: Mika Taressa Todd (ミカ・タレッサ・トッド)
- Japanese Name: Kurosawa Mika (黒澤美歌)
- Nicknames: Mika (ミカ), Mikapon (ミカポン), Merika (メリカ)
- Birth date: May 28, 1984
- Birthplace: Honolulu, Hawaii, United States
- Blood Type: A
- Height: 152 cm 
- Western Zodiac: Gemini
- Eastern Zodiac: Rat
- Hobbies: Playing guitar
- Favorite color: Red
- Favorite flowers: Piikake
- Favorite season: Summer
- Favorite saying: “Oh, yes!”
- Favorite food: Mexican quesadillas
- Disliked food: Oysters
- Hello! Project groups:
- Shuffle groups:
- [2005.05.27] Mika
- Roll the Dice
Discography Participated InEdit
- Minimoni Jankenpyon! / Haru Natsu Aki Fuyu Daisukki!
- Minimoni Telephone! Rin Rin Rin / Minimoni Bus Guide
- Minihamus no Ai no Uta
- Minimoni Hinamatsuri! / Mini Strawberry Pie
- Ai~n Taisou / Ai~n! Dance no Uta
- Genki Jirushi no Oomori Song / Okashi Tsukutte Okkasui~!
- Minihamus no Kekkon Song
- Rock 'n' Roll Kenchoushozaichi ~Oboechaina Series~
- Minimoni Kazoe Uta ~Ofuro Version~ / Minimoni Kazoe Uta ~Date Version~
- CRAZY ABOUT YOU
- Mirakururun Grand Purin! / Pi~hyara Kouta
- Lucky Cha Cha Cha!
- Coconuts Musume
- Halation Summer
- DANCE & CHANCE
- Tokonatsu Musume
- The Single
- Watashi mo "I LOVE YOU"
- Jounetsu Yuki Miraisen
- Morning Musume Single Medley ~Hawaiian~ (Takagi Boo with Morning Musume, Coconuts Musume, Fujimoto Miki, and Ishii Rika)
- Pineapple Paradise
- Aoiro 7
- 10nin Matsuri
- Happy 7
- Hello! Project Seikatai
- Together! -Tanpopo, Petit, Mini, Yuko-
- Petit Best 2 ~3, 7, 10~
- CLUB Hello! TRANCE REMIX
- Petit Best 3
- Petit Best 4
- Coconuts Musume
- LOVE Century ~Yume wa Minakerya Hajimaranai~
- Morning Town
- Hawaiian de Kiku Morning Musume Single Collection
- Petit Best ~Ki Ao Aka~
- Petit Best 2 ~3・7・10~
- Petit Best 3
- Hello! Project Best 2
- Aoiro 7
- 10nin Matsuri
- Happy 7
- [2004.05.29] Johnny Todd Jazz Night vol. 3 (ジョニー・トッド JAZZ NIGHT vol.3)
- [2004.10.23] Kameari Fureai Matsuri (亀有ふれあい祭)
- [2004.10.24] Jazz Ensou no Yuube LIVE & DINNER (ジャズ演奏の夕べ LIVE & DINNER)
- [2005.05.27] Johnny Todd Jazz Night vol. 4 (ジョニー・トッド JAZZ NIGHT vol.4)
- [2005.05.29] Dai 60-kai Sun Street Live Carnival (第60回サンストライブ・カーニバル)
- [2005.06.02] Shinjuku Island Tower (新宿アイランドタワー)
- [2005.06.05] La Cittadella (ラ チッタデッラ)
- [2005.06.12] Johnny Todd & Mika Jazz Live in Aso Yutatto Mura (JOHNNY TODD & MIKA JAZZライヴ in 阿蘇ゆたっと村)
- [2003.01.21] Minimoni the Movie Okashi na Daibouken!
- [2000-2002] Idol wo Sagase!
- [2000-2004] Hello! Morning
-  M no Mokushiroku (Mの黙示録)
- [2001-2004] Oha Star (おはスタ)
-  Bishoujo Kyouiku II (美少女教育II)
-  Drama Minimoni de Bremen no Ongaku-tai (ドラマ愛の詩ミニモニ。でブレーメンの音楽隊)
-  Hamtaro Movie 1: Adventures in Ham Ham Land (voice of Merika)
-  Hamtaro Movie 2: The Captive Princess (voice of Merika)
-  Hamtaro Movie 3: Miracle of Aurora Valley (voice of Merika)
-  Da Jammies
- Kiss the Coconuts
-  LOVE Century ~Yume wa Minakerya Hajimaranai~
-  Morning Town
-  Edokko Chushingura
-  "Ken & Mary no Merikenko On Stage!"
- Dole pineapples
-  MIKA no Iketeru Eikaiwa (MIKAのイケてる英会話)
- [2001.05.28] Minimoni. Photo Book (ミニモニ。Photo Book)
- Her father is Australian and her mother is Japanese.
- She is fluent in both English and Japanese.
- Mika's father, Johnny Todd, is a famous Australian-born American Jazz pianist.
- In Minimoni, Todd is usually wearing clothes differing from those of the other girls. Yaguchi Mari explained in an episode of Minimoni Chiccha~! that Todd was wearing blue clothes while everyone else was wearing red because Todd was at the Minimoni height limit of 150 cm while everyone else was below the limit.
- Kimura Ayaka and Todd are the only members of Coconuts Musume with a Japanese first name.
- She can play the guitar and piano.
- She was at one point in a relationship with Cole Horibe from So You Think You Can Dance Season 9. They later got married.
- She shares her birthday with Morning Musume's 9th generation member Sayashi Riho and ANGERME's 3rd generation member Sasaki Rikako.
Youngest member of Hello! Project
Youngest member of Coconuts Musume
Leader of Minimoni
Oldest Member of Minimoni
- Hello! Project Profile (archived)
- YouTube Channel
- P-PRO Entertainment agency (archived) (Mika's former agency (2005))
|1st Generation||Ayaka (Leader) | Chelsea (Former Leader) | April | Danielle | Mika|
|Singles||1. Halation Summer / Summer Night Town (English Version) | 2. DANCE & CHANCE | 3. Tokonatsu Musume | 4. Watashi mo "I LOVE YOU" | 5. Jounetsu Yuki Miraisen|
|Other||Collaborations: Morning Musume Single Medley ~Hawaiian~ | Hawaiian de Kiku Morning Musume Single Collection|
Other: Coconuts Musume | The Single
|Units & Other Acts|
|Associated Acts||Kiiro 5 | Aoiro 7 | Akagumi 4 | Minimoni | 7nin Matsuri | 10nin Matsuri | Happy♡7 | Sexy 8 | Petitmoni | 7AIR | 11WATER | ROMANS | H.P. All Stars|
|Hello! Project Shuffle Unit|