Matsuura Aya (松浦亜弥) is a Japanese singer. She was an idol soloist under Hello! Project until her graduation on March 31, 2009. She has appeared on several TV shows and has been a spokesperson in many commercials, including Pretz, Gogo no Kocha, and Pocky. Since the end of 2013, Matsuura has been on hiatus from entertainment activities.
In 2000, Matsuura Aya participated in the 4th Morning Musume & Heike Michiyo Protegee Audition, and was selected as the sole winner to become a member of Hello! Project.
She debuted in 2001 with the single "Dokki Doki! LOVE Mail". Her debut performance with Hello! Project was in April at Morning Musume's Live Revolution 21 Haru ~Osaka Jou Hall Saishuu Bi~ concert.
Her debut album, First KISS, was released in 2002 following a number of single releases and she also participated in various shuffle units with other Hello! Project artists. She quickly became a favorite among Hello! Project fans.
Matsuura had released four studio albums and a collection of singles that have achieved respectable placings on the Oricon chart, though so far she has yet to make it to the top spot. She previously had a radio show called Let's do it!! and also had a radio show called Matsuura Aya no All Night Nippon that started on March 30, 2005.
On October 9, both concerts she was supposed to hold that day were cancelled due to ill health, and several unsourced rumors emerged considering the possibility that she might be suffering from temporomandibular joint disorder. Following the cancellation of the two concerts, Matsuura’s management confirmed the rumors, reporting that the young idol had been taking painkillers to continue working and scheduled a press conference to discuss her condition. The following day, Matsuura made a public statement on PBS apologizing to her fans and expressing her desire to get back to her singing career as soon as possible.
Following the press conference, Matsuura returned to her normal hosting duties on her weekly radio show, Matsuura Aya no All Night Nippon and returned to singing in a limited capacity, as demonstrated in her appearance on Hey! Hey! Hey! Music Champ on October 23.
On March 8, Matsuura performed as a secret guest at the opening ceremony of the Fourth Special Olympics Japan Winter National Games, a national event in preparation of the 2009 Special Olympics World Winter Games held in Boise, Idaho. She performed the song "Kizuna", which was released on May 21 as her 20th single.
It was officially announced on October 18, that Matsuura would be graduating from Hello! Project along with the rest of Elder Club.
Matsuura graduated from Hello! Project on March 31.
On August 26, Matsuura opened her own blog called "Ayablog" and announced that her upcoming tour would be her last for two or three years
Matsuura opened up a Twitter account on September 29. The account was confirmed via her manager's account.
On August 30, it was announced Matsuura was diagnosed with endometriosis.
On November 9, she announced a best of album would be released to commemorate the 10th anniversary of her debut as a Hello! Project soloist. Matsuura Aya 10TH ANNIVERSARY BEST was later released on December 21.
On December 31, it was announced that Matsuura would be getting married to w-inds. lead singer, Tachibana Keita.
On August 4, Matsuura and Tachibana submitted their marriage application and became legally married after dating for the past 12 years. Their wedding ceremony was held in Oahu, Hawaii on October 7.
On October 1, she was transferred to UP-FRONT CREATE.
On December 31, Matsuura performed in the Hello! Project COUNTDOWN PARTY 2013 ~GOOD BYE & HELLO!~.
On September 22, Tachibana announced Matsuura was seven months pregnant and was expected to give birth to their first child before the year's end.
On December 24, Tachibana and Matsuura announced via their agencies that they became the parents of a healthy baby girl. The couple did not reveal the details on the baby including her name and her exact date of birth.
On September 16, UP-FRONT CREATE announced that Matsuura's contract had expired on September 15. A discussion on her future activities due to its upcoming expiration resulted in an amicable termination of her exclusive management contract with UP-FRONT GROUP. It was also reported that Matsuura plans on joining her husband's agency, RISINGPRODUCTION, in the future.
On July 8, Tachibana revealed Matsuura was pregnant with their second child after he posted on Twitter: "I will soon be the father of two children. Please continue supporting us hereafter." On July 31, he announced that Matsuura had given birth with an Instagram photo of all four family members' hands.
On December 9, Tachibana announced that Matsuura had given birth to their third child with an Instagram photo.
On February 19, Ano Koro. was released. The film tells the story of a Matsuura Aya fan whose life was changed by discovering her music, and serves as a celebration of her career. Matsuura is played by Yamazaki Yuhane.
On January 27, Matsuura Aya, whilst still being on hiatus, was the first guest on Matthew Minami's new podcast show Matthew's Matthew, broadcast through Amazon Audible. During the podcast, she discusses her children and her time as an idol. This appearance marks her first ever activity since she entered hiatus.
On April 14, Matsuura was featured in a commercial for Nescafe Excella coffee, her first commercial appearance in 11 years. The advertisement featured a new song, Hazumu Kimochi (はずむ気持ち).
- Birth/Stage Name: Matsuura Aya (松浦亜弥)
- Legal Name: Tachibana Aya (橘亜弥)
- Nickname: Ayaya (あやや), Ayarin.
- Birthdate: June 25, 1986
- Birthplace: Himeji, Hyogo, Japan
- Blood Type: B
- Height: 159 cm (5 ft 2.5 in)?
- Western Zodiac: Cancer
- Eastern Zodiac: Tiger
- Nochiura Natsumi Color: Yellow-Green
- Hello! Project Groups:
- Concert Units:
- Shuffle Units:
- Other Groups:
- Main article: Matsuura Aya/Discography
- Studio Albums
- [2002.01.01] First KISS (ファーストKISS)
- [2003.01.29] T・W・O
- [2004.01.01] ×3
- [2006.11.29] Naked Songs
- [2007.10.10] Double Rainbow (ダブル レインボウ)
- [2009.01.21] Omoi Afurete (想いあふれて)
- [2010.11.24] Click you Link me
- Best Albums
- [2003.12.15] 2003-Nendo Natsu Hawaii Genteiban Single Best
- [2005.03.24] Matsuura Aya Best 1 (松浦亜弥ベスト1)
- [2005.03.25] 2005-nendo Hawaii Genteiban Single Best
- [2011.12.21] Matsuura Aya 10TH ANNIVERSARY BEST (松浦亜弥 10TH ANNIVERSARY BEST)
- Other Albums
- [2003.03.05] Sougen no Hito Original Cast Ban (ミュージカル『草原の人』オリジナルキャスト盤) (musical soundtrack)
- Major Singles
- [2001.04.11] Dokki Doki! LOVE Mail (ドッキドキ! LOVE メール)
- [2001.06.13] Tropica~l Koishite~ru (トロピカ~ル恋して~る)
- [2001.09.05] LOVE Namida Iro (LOVE涙色)
- [2001.11.28] 100 Kai no KISS (100回のKISS)
- [2002.02.06] ♡Momoiro Kataomoi♡ (♡桃色片想い♡)
- [2002.05.29] Yeah! Meccha Holiday (Yeah! めっちゃホリディ)
- [2002.09.19] The Bigaku (The 美学)
- [2002.12.11] Sougen no Hito (草原の人)
- [2003.03.12] Ne~e? (ね~え?)
- [2003.06.04] GOOD BYE Natsuo (GOOD BYE 夏男)
- [2003.09.26] THE LAST NIGHT
- [2004.01.28] Kiseki no Kaori Dance. (奇跡の香りダンス。)
- [2004.03.10] Hyacinth (風信子)
- [2004.07.14] YOUR SONG ~Seishun Sensei~ (YOUR SONG ~青春宣誓~)
- [2004.10.20] Watarasebashi (渡良瀬橋)
- [2005.02.23] Zutto Suki de Ii desu ka (ずっと好きでいいですか)
- [2005.09.21] Ki ga Tsukeba Anata (気がつけば あなた)
- [2006.02.01] Suna wo Kamu You ni...NAMIDA (砂を噛むように···NAMIDA)
- [2007.08.29] Egao (笑顔)
- [2008.05.21] Kizuna (きずな)
- [2009.02.11] Chocolate Damashii (チョコレート魂)
- Digital Singles
- [2011.03.30] Futari Osaka (ふたり大阪)
- Other Singles
- Main article: Matsuura Aya/Publications
- [2001.12.01] Matsuura Aya (Photobook) (松浦亜弥 1st写真集)
- [2003.02.14] Alo-Hello! Matsuura Aya (アロハロ!松浦亜弥)
- [2004.01.15] Ma! Chura (まっ！ちゅら)
- [2004.06.25] Alo-Hello! 2 Matsuura Aya (アロハロ！2 松浦亜弥)
- [2005.03.19] a
-  Ao no Honoo (青の炎)
-  Sukeban Deka: Codename = Asamiya Saki
-  Saigo no Kazoku
-  Aya no DNA
-  Tenshi no Utagoe ~Shounibyou no Kiseki~
-  Futari ~Watashitachi ga Eranda Michi~
-  Namahousou wa Tomaranai
-  VICTORY! Futto Girls no Seishun
-  Aijou Ippon!
-  Futarigoto (二人ゴト)
-  Inochi no Kiseki
-  THE QUIZ SHOW
-  Sakura to Satsuki (サクラとさつき)
-  Musical Sougen no Hito (ミュージカル 草原の人)
-  Musical Real Audition!! (ミュージカル リアルオーディション!!)
-  Ribbon no Kishi The Musical (リボンの騎士 ザ・ミュージカル)
-  Sukedachi (すけだち )
-  Mariya - Honki de Only You (本気でオンリーユー)
- [2001-2005] Matsuura Aya Let's do it!
- [2001-2002] Tsunkuban (Koratsu Matsuura Corner)
- [2002-2003] Young Town Doyoubi
- [2005-2006] Matsuura Aya no All Night Nippon
- [2007-2009] FIVE STARS (DJ on Tuesday's)
- Pretz (2002 – 2006, Ezaki Glico)
- Tessera (2002 – 2004, Shiseido)
- Gogo no Kocha (2003 – 2008, Kirin Beverage)
- Colorio Printer (2003 – 2005, Epson)
- Sega PuyoPuyo Fever (2004)
- Papico (2004 – 2006, Ezaki Glico)
- Pocky (2004 – 2005, Ezaki Glico)
- Sky PerfecTV! (2004 – 2005, SKY Perfect Communications)
- Super Mild (2004 – 2005, Shiseido)
- Scooter Let's 4 (2004 – 2005, Suzuki)
- Nissin Yakisoba UFO (2005 – 2006, Nissin)
- Aoyama Trading (Youfuku Aoyama) (2005 – 2008)
- Youpack (2005 – 2006, Japan Post)
- Scooter Address V50 (2006, Suzuki)
- Expressway ETC (2007, Organization for Road System Enhancement) -- song only
- Center-in (2007, Unicharm)
- Fried Chicken (2008, FamilyMart) -- also the song "Kichin to Chicken" lyrics and music by Fujioka Fujimaki, a folk song duo.
- Mezamashi Gohan (2009, MAFF)
- Top "Clear Liquid" (since 2009, Lion)
- Vitamin Water (since 2009, Suntory), etc.
- JT Roots Aroma Impact III (since 2010)
- Hisshou Pachinko★Pachislot Kouryaku Series Vol. 8 CR Matsuura Aya (Playstation 2)
- Guitar Freaks 8th mix / Drummania 7th mix (Momoiro Kataomoi, covered by Yu Uchida)
- Donkey Konga (Japanese version, Momoiro Kataomoi covered by an unknown artist)
- Daigasso! Band Brothers (Yeah! Meccha Holiday, instrumental)
- Go-Go-Tea Miniature Golf (Kirin Beverage)
- Donkey Konga 2 (Japanese Version, Yeah! Meccha Holiday)
- She is one of the most active H!P members in acting, having been in over half a dozen TV dramas. She starred in dramas before her CD debut.
- She became one of the increasing number of Hello! Project acts to perform overseas, with a solo concert in Shanghai.
- She is the first Hello! Project soloist to release five singles in one year.
- She has the largest number of overall CD sales of any soloist in Hello! Project.
- Matsuura's nickname is Ayaya, given to her by Iida Kaori. She got the idea from the chorus of the Morning Musume single Koi no Dance Site. Heike Michiyo and Rinne had already given her the nickname Machuura, but Matsuura needed one that was easier to remember. 
- When auditioning, Matsuura sang Hamasaki Ayumi's FAR AWAY.
Total Sales Count
|Year||Year Sales||Total Sales|
- Official website
- Official Twitter
- Official Blog
- Producer Tsunku talks about Matsuura Aya releases
- Sukeban Deka: Codename Asamiya Saki movie website