On November 2, it was announced on ANGERME's YouTube Channel that Matsumoto had joined ANGERME as a 9th generation member, alongside Kawana Rin and Tamenaga Shion. She and the rest of the 9th generation started performing with the group on December 9, at the ANGERME Concert 2020 ~Kishotenketsu~ Funaki Musubu Sotsugyou Special concert. 
She has an older sister.
As of April 2022, Matsumoto is in her first year of high school.
The following list are notable friendships Matsumoto Wakana has acquired:
Here is a list of nicknames that was used to refer to Matsumoto Wakana:
- Waa-chan (わーちゃん): Nickname used by members.
- Name: Matsumoto Wakana (松本わかな)
- Nicknames: Waa-chan (わーちゃん)
- Birthdate: September 1, 2007
- Birthplace: Kanagawa, Japan
- Blood Type: AB
- Height: 144.5 cm (4 ft 8.8 in)?
- Western Zodiac: Virgo
- Eastern Zodiac: Pig (Boar in Japan)
- Hello! Project Status:
- 2020-11-02: ANGERME member
- UP-FRONT PROMOTION Status:
- 2020-11-02: Member
- ANGERME Color:
- Hello! Project Groups:
- ANGERME (2020-present)
- [2020-] Hello! Project Station
- She shares a birthday with former Hello Pro Kenshuusei member Doi Rena.
- She wanted to join ANGERME since she was in pre-school, when she watched S/mileage's Ee Ka!? music video
- She and Kawana Rin already knew who fellow 9th generation member Tamenaga Shion was, because they both followed Hello! Project and Hello Pro Kenshuusei.
- She won runner-up in the Under-14 division of the Osaka Junior Satellite Singles tennis competition in February 2020.
- As of November 4, 2020 she was ranked 27th (of 120) in the tennis Singles, Under-13 category.
- She wants to work hard and have people say, "You've become a big dancer."
- She and Tsubaki Factory's Yofu Runo watched the movie Jujutsu Kaisen 0: The Movie together.
|Youngest member of ANGERME
November 2020 – Present
|Youngest member of Hello! Project
November 2, 2020 – July 7, 2021