On November 2, it was announced on ANGERME's YouTube Channel that Matsumoto had joined ANGERME as a 9th generation member, alongside Kawana Rin and Tamenaga Shion. She and the rest of the 9th generation started performing with the group on December 9, at the ANGERME Concert 2020 ~Kishotenketsu~ Funaki Musubu Sotsugyou Special concert. 
She has an older sister.
As of April 2021, Matsumoto is in her second year of middle school.
Here is a list of nicknames that was used to refer to Matsumoto Wakana:
- Waa-chan (わーちゃん): Nickname used by members.
- Name: Matsumoto Wakana (松本わかな)
- Nicknames: Waa-chan (わーちゃん)
- Birthdate: September 1, 2007
- Birthplace: Kanagawa, Japan
- Blood Type: AB
- Height: 144.5 cm (4 ft 8.8 in)?
- Western Zodiac: Virgo
- Eastern Zodiac: Pig (Boar in Japan)
- Hello! Project Status:
- 2020-11-02: ANGERME member
- UP-FRONT PROMOTION Status:
- 2020-11-02: Member
- ANGERME Color:
- Hello! Project Groups:
- ANGERME (2020-present)
- She shares a birthday with former Hello Pro Kenshuusei member Doi Rena.
- She wanted to join ANGERME since she was in pre-school, when she watched S/mileage's Ee Ka!? music video
- She and Kawana Rin already knew who fellow 9th generation member Tamenaga Shion was, because they both followed Hello! Project and Hello Pro Kenshuusei.
- She won runner-up in the Under-14 division of the Osaka Junior Satellite Singles tennis competition in February 2020.
- As of November 4, 2020 she was ranked 27th (of 120) in the tennis Singles, Under-13 category.
- She wants to work hard and have people say, "You've become a big dancer."
- Gallery:Matsumoto Wakana
- Gallery:ANGERME 9th Generation
- List:Matsumoto Wakana Discography Featured In
- List:Matsumoto Wakana Concert & Event Appearances
- List:Matsumoto Wakana Publications Featured In
- List:Matsumoto Wakana Pocket Morning Weekly Q&A
Youngest member of ANGERME
Youngest member of Hello! Project
- "アンジュルム 新メンバー決定！" (in Japanese). Hello! Project. 2020-11-02.
- BLT magazine January 2021 issue.