- Main article: Shimamura Uta
[2015.01] LoGirl InterviewEdit
On January 24, 2015, LoGirl published an article containing an interview with Shimamura Uta as part of their Hello! Project New Men 20 series:
- What were you feeling when you found out you were in Country Girls?
- My first feeling was surprise. But, I really didn’t know what to feel. It was like I could finally think to myself “I passed”.
- When you found out you passed, did you say anything to the other members?
- I had met Ozeki Mai at the audition, but I didn’t know her very well. But, after the announcement Mai came up to me and said “We’re Country Girls! Country Musume! Wooo!” So, maybe it was just me that felt like I didn’t know her.
- How was your families reaction?
- They said “Congratulations,” but like me, my mom didn’t know how to react. There haven’t been any special celebrations.
- Did you aim to become an idol?
- I liked the idea of being in the entertainment industry, but I didn’t necessarily want to be an idol. I just liked Morning Musume, so my mother put in an application for me. After I passed the 2nd and 3rd round, my interest in joining grew; then I really wanted to make it.
- When did you start liking Morning Musume?
- When I was in the upper grades of Elementary School.
- What Morning Musume song leaves an impression with you?
- I auditioned with the song “Toki wo Koe Sora wo Koe” so it leaves a lot of memories for me.
- Which person do you most admire in Morning Musume?
- Sayashi Riho. Her dancing and singing are amazing, I like watching her.
- Uta-chan is in an inexperienced unit, so which is more difficult; Singing or dancing?
- Dancing. I think I’m good at learning the dance itself, but I’m not good at actually doing the actions…I can’t catch up. Dancing is definitely troublesome.
- What kind of things do you want to focus on in Country Girls?
- I’m inexperienced so I want to continue growing in terms of singing and dancing. Also, there is Tsugunaga Momoko, ahh, Momochi-Senpai, so I’d like to become good at talking on variety shows.
- Are you nervous during your beginning solo part in “Itoshikutte Gomen Ne”?
- I get embarrassed every time…Every time, the fans yell “ohhh!” and I get embarrassed by it, every time.
- Is there an animal you think you’re like?
- My mom says I have a small back, so she thinks I’m like a rabbit. She is moody, so maybe she’s like a cat.
- When you’re at school are things different now that you are in Country Girls?
- Things have been very normal. Its very quiet because people are serious about studying, but when they found out I was in Country Girls everyone was pretty noisy about it.
- You and the other middle school aged members (Morito, Ozeki) talk a lot, right?
- Yes. Yamaki Risa and Inaba Manaka are like the older sisters, and the three of us seem to yell a lot more.
- Do the older sister team say anything to you guys?
- During the production, they have told us to be quiet.
- Do you have a rival within Country Girls?
- I don’t have a rival, its more like I am my own rival.
- In the other units, what new member are you interested in?
- Sasaki Rikako-chan. She always has a smiling face. Also, her dancing is great and big. I’m definitely watching her. I want to become like her.
- Last, please tell us your personal appeal
- I’m inexperienced in dancing and singing, but I will do my best to not lose to anyone. I don’t want to change who I am, but I’m going to do my best to become similar to Momochi-senpai!
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.