from the album TANPOPO 1
|Released||November 8, 1998|
|Next||Motto 2nd single (1999)|
Last Kiss (ラストキッス) is the debut single of Morning Musume's first subgroup, Tanpopo. It was released on November 18, 1998, as an 8 cm CD by Zetima with the catalog number EPDE-1014. It reached number two on the Japan Oricon charts. It sold 129.640 copies in it’s first week, selling a total of 301.600 copies.
The song was later featured in the group's first album Tanpopo 1 (along with the album version of it) and in their second album All of Tanpopo. It was also featured as the first ending theme to the anime Sorcerous Stabber Orphen.
- Last Kiss
- Jikan yo Tomare (時間よ止まれ; I Wish Time Stood Still)
- Last Kiss (Instrumental)
- Last Kiss
- Lyrics and Composition: Tsunku
- Arrangement, Programming, and Keyboard: Konishi Takao
- Guitar: Korenaga Koichi
- Manipulator: Katsuura Go
- Strings: Kinbara Chieko Group
- Chorus: Tanpopo, Tsunku
- Dance Choreographer: KABA.
- Jikan yo Tomare
- Last Kiss
- Hello! Project Happy New Year '99
- Morning Musume Memory ~Seishun no Hikari~ 1999.4.18
- Morning Musume Summer Event '99
- Hello! Project '99
- Morning Musume Summer-Autumn Event '99
- LIVE!! Summer Nite Town 99
- Hello! Project Happy New Year 2000
- Morning Musume Concert Tour 2005 Natsu Aki "Baribari Kyoushitsu ~Koharu-chan Irasshai!~"
- Juice=Juice First Live Tour 2014 News=News ~Kakuchi yori Otodoke Shimasu!~ - Takagi Sayuki, Miyamoto Karin
- Hello! Project 20th Anniversary!! Hello! Project Hina Fes 2018
- An English version of Last Kiss was recorded in 2002 by Charlotte (Soul II Soul) for the album Cover Morning Musume Hello! Project!.
- The song was covered on Juice=Juice's album First Squeeze! by Takagi Sayuki and Miyamoto Karin.
- There is an official remix of this track, it can be found on the album CLUB Hello! TRANCE REMIX.
Total Reported Sales: 301,600
- First press: one out of four trading cards
Tsunku’s comment about the single:
Tanpopo (dandelions) can be blooming anywhere you see, and from a small child to a senior citizen, anyone is familiar with them. There is no strict season for dandelions, (and they can bloom and survive even in between the small cracks of buildings in a big harsh city environment). For those reasons, I think they are really awesome. For some people, dandelions are just another weeds with a height of about 20cm, but under the surface, they have much longer roots than the small heights. When they crave for water, they make efforts to grow their roots longer and deeper. The efforts they make in unseen areas are what are so wonderful about dandelions.
This time, I am producing three girls, Iida, Ishiguro and Yaguchi. I would like these three girls to be recognzed by lots of people, and make plenty of efforts in the hidden areas, just like the dandelions. The three girls have distinctively different voices from Morning Musume. That’s why Tanpopo is so interesting.
“Last Kiss” has a unique sound no one can imitate. I hope they discover themselves as “Tanpopo” while they still remember themselves and maintain their other identities as Morning Musume.
- Discography: Hello! Project (archived), UP-FRONT WORKS, Tsunku.net
- Wikipedia: Japanese, English
- Lyrics: Last Kiss, Jikan yo Tomare
|1st Generation||Ishiguro Aya | Iida Kaori | Yaguchi Mari|
|2nd Generation||Ishikawa Rika | Kago Ai|
|3rd Generation||Konno Asami | Niigaki Risa | Shibata Ayumi|
|Tanpopo#||Kamei Eri | Mitsui Aika | Kumai Yurina | Okai Chisato|
|Singles||1. Last Kiss | 2. Motto | 3. Tanpopo (Single Version) | 4. Seinaru Kane ga Hibiku Yoru | 5. Otome Pasta ni Kandou | 6. Koi wo Shichaimashita! | 7. Oujisama to Yuki no Yoru | 8. BE HAPPY Koi no Yajirobee|
|Albums||Original: TANPOPO 1|
Best: All of Tanpopo | Tanpopo / Petitmoni Mega Best
|Other||Tanpopo Single V Clips ①|
|Units & Other Acts|
|Associated Acts||Morning Musume | Minimoni | Melon Kinenbi | Berryz Koubou | ℃-ute|