Kimura Ayaka (木村絢香), currently known by the stage name Nagate Ayaka (長手絢香), is a Japanese singer and actress. She became part of Hello! Project in 1999 as a member of Coconuts Musume. She was the only remaining member in the group from 2004 until she left Hello! Project in 2008 to pursue a career in acting.
She is currently an actress signed to Tristone Entertainment.
Ayaka was born in Kobe, Hyogo Prefecture, Japan on October 30, 1981. She attended the Canadian Academy International School, located on Rokko Island in Kobe, and is bilingual in English and Japanese. At age 14, when her parents separated, she moved to Hawaii with her mother. In Hawaii, Ayaka continued her education by entering the Mid-Pacific Institute. After graduation, she attended the University of Hawaii at Manoa. She worked part-time as a waitress at a curry house in Ala Moana Shopping Center called “Coco Ichibanya.”
She later studied at Sophia University in the Faculty of Comparative Culture in 2003.
In November, the Pacific Dream Pop Singer Competition was held in Hawaii, USA by Sony Music Entertainment Japan, offering a record deal to the overall winner. International finals was held at the Nagoya Hard Rock Cafe in December.
On May 27, 1999, Coconuts Musume were first introduced on an episode of ASAYAN, and on July 23, they released their debut single, "Halation Summer / Summer Night Town (English Version)".
In August 1999, the group made their debut in Taiwan and released the Taiwanese edition of their first single. The music videos for both "Halation Summer" and "Summer Night Town (English Version)" were shot there.
On August 25, 1999, Coconuts Musume released their second single, "DANCE & CHANCE".
In October 1999, the group released a collection of their music videos on VHS and DVD titled Coconuts Musume.
In the spring of 2000, Tsunku decided to shuffle all the artists he managed under Hello! Project. He split them into three groups, and Ayaka was placed in the roup Kiiro 5. The shuffle units held a competition to see which group would sell the most singles, and Kiiro 5 ended up in second place with total sales of 525,000 copies.
In addition to being in Coconuts Musume, Ayaka started hosting small segments on the TV show Bishoujo Kyouiku in 2001, called "Ayaka no Totsugeki Eikaiwa". In the small segments, she surprised random Morning Musume members and forced them to learn English phrases with her.
In October, she appeared in the NTV drama "Kowai Nichiyoubi".
In 2002, Ayaka released an essay book with Mika. It was called Coconuts Musume. no Tanoshii Hawaii Ryuugaku, in which they discussed various aspects of living and studying in Hawaii.
In 2003, Ayaka released her first and only photo book, simply called AYAKA.
In 2003, the shuffle units no longer held a competition to see who sold the most singles. Instead, the three songs from the three groups were included on the same single, with everyone singing on the B-side "Oh! Be My Friend". Ayaka was a part of the group 11WATER, and their song was called "BE ALL RIGHT!".
In December 2004, the one-time all-star unit H.P. All Stars was formed with all the members in Hello! Project, including Ayaka.
In late 2004, Ayaka began hosting a morning radio show on MobaHO! called Hello! Music Resort (which was moved to an evening time slot and retitled Hello! Music Latte on April 1, 2005).
In 2004, she also became the co-host on the Monday edition of Afternoon Paradise with Tokutake Hirofumi. That same year, her 2001 radio show KISS THE COCONUTS! with Mika was renewed as BLEND KISS with Satoda Mai of Country Musume as her new co-host. The radio show was later cancelled in mid-2005.
Starting in 2005, Ayaka occasionally appeared in Musume DOKYU! Eruda Yonchoume no Hitobito, and then appeared in its replacement, Uta Doki! Pop Classics.
From August 31 to September 10, she participated in the Otona no Muchiga play "Kotobuki Coffee".
In January, Ayaka hosted the radio show COCONUT KISS, in which she brought back her English Lessons, every Wednesday from January 11 through January 26.
In May, Ayaka was that month's guest host of the radio show Hello Pro Yanen!. For the last two weeks of the month, Satoda Mai co-hosted with her, after Ayaka told of how they'd become even closer friends than ever before, and promised to bring her in.
On April 30, Ayaka graduated from Coconuts Musume and Hello! Project, without a graduation ceremony, to pursue her dream of being an actress. A message was left on the Hello Project site for her fans: "She worked hard as the last remaining member of Coconuts Musume, since it's beginnings in 1999, but has decided that on April 30, 2008, she will graduate from Coconuts Musume and from Hello Project."
Comment from Ayaka of Coconuts Musume
|Comment from Ayaka of Coconuts Musume:
"I'm Ayaka, from Coconuts Musume. I have some information for you all today. In order to follow my dream of becoming an actor, I have decided to graduate from Hello!Project. It's been almost 9 years since our debut in '99... I have a lot of fun memories. Those memories are my precious treasures! I'd like to thank the fans who always supported me, the other Hello Project members who I love, Tsunku who was always watching over us, and all the kind staff members for everything m(__)m! I'm so full of gratitude. I may be graduating from Hello!Project, but I hope you'll still support me as I pursue my dream of becoming an actor!"
The following day, it was revealed that she had signed with Tristone Entertainment, going under the stage name of Nagate Ayaka.
On July 14, it was announced that she and professional golfer Tanihara Hideto had married.
On October 2, she appeared in the one-shot drama, Yume wo Kanaeru as Tamura Mika.
On December 11, 2009, It was announced that Ayaka opened up a blog on the Ameba site.
In 2011, it was announced on her blog that she was pregnant with her first child. She also said on her blog that she was excited and was looking forward to the baby. She gave birth to a healthy baby boy on August 29.
In May, Ayaka had a small part in the YTV drama "Oiesan" (also starring Oguri Shun & Amami Yuki).
In August, she appeared in the TBS drama "Tokyo Scarlet ~ Keishichou NS Kakari".
In May, Ayaka appeared in the theatre play "Gekidan Tokyo Vaudeville Hanagumi Express 'Ahondarasuke 28th'".
In January, the movie "Shujnjuku Swan II" was released. Ayaka appeared in the movie.
- Birth Name: Kimura Ayaka (木村絢香)
- Legal Name: Tanihara Ayaka (谷原絢香)
- Stage Name: Nagate Ayaka (長手絢香)
- Nicknames: Ayarin, Aatan, Aachan, Ayaka (アヤカ), or Coconuts Musume Ayaka (ココナッツ娘。アヤカ), Stick, Bou
- Birthday: October 30, 1981
- Birthplace: Kobe, Hyogo, Japan
- Height: 161.5 cm (5 ft 3.5 in)?
- Blood Type: AB
- Western Zodiac: Scorpio
- Eastern Zodiac: Rooster
- Hello! Project Groups:
- Shuffle Units:
- Concert Units:
- [2003.09.05] AYAKA
- Digital Swing Revolution Vol. 0
- [2005.05.14-2005.05.15] Yasuda Kei, Inaba Atsuko, Ayaka no 1-Paku 2-Nichi Bus Ryokou in Nagano
- [2006.06.10-2006.06.11] Yasuda Kei, Inaba Atsuko, Ayaka no 1-Paku 2-Nichi Bus Ryokou in Nagano Part 2
- [2007.06.02-2007.06.03] Yasuda Kei, Inaba Atsuko, Ayaka no 1-Paku 2-Nichi Bus Ryokou in Nagano Part 3
- [2017.01.21] Shinjuku Swan II (新宿スワンⅡ)
-  Musical Sayonara no LOVE SONG
-  Kotobuki Coffee (コトブキ珈琲)
-  30-DELUX"BLUE"
-  Chigaimasu Sisters (ちがいますシスターズ)
-  Gekidan Senior Graffiti Showa Kayo Theater "FAR AWAY"
-  Olivia wo Kikinagara (オリビアを聴きながら; While Listening to Olivia Newton-John)
-  Gekidan Tokyo Vaudeville Hanagumi Express "Ahondarasuke 28th" (劇団 東京ヴォードヴィルショー 花組エキスプレス「あほんだらすけ28th」)
-  Kowai Nichiyoubi ~2000~ (怖い日曜日〜2000〜)
-  Yume wo Kanaeru Zou (夢をかなえるゾウ)
-  Oiesan (お家さん)
-  Tokyo Scarlet ~ Keishichou NS Kakari (東京スカーレット～警視庁NS係)
-  Futarigoto
- [2004.08.04] Sexy Onna Juku ～Dotou no Sexy Shiren – Sono Rekishi～ Joukan
- [2004.08.04] Sexy Onna Juku ～Dotou no Sexy Shiren – Sono Rekishi～ Gekan
- [2004.12.08] Sexy Onna Juku ～Dotou no Sexy Shiren – Sono Rekishi～ Extra
- [2005-2006] Musume DOKYU! Eruda Yonchoume no Hitobito
- [2006-2008] Uta Doki! Pop Classics
-  RIDE ON MUSIC
-  FUNKY SEXY NIGHT WITH COCONUTS MUSUME (FUNKY SEXY NIGHT WITHココナッツ。)
- [2001-2004] KISS THE COCONUTS!
- [2004-2005] Hello! Music Resort/Hello! Music Latte
- [2004-2008] Afternoon Paradise
- [2004-2005] BLEND KISS
-  COCONUTS KISS!
-  Hello Pro Yanen!
-  Nagate no What's New (絢香のWhat's New)
-  Ayaka no Music & Diary (アヤカのMusic & Diary)
- Ayaka is best known for her Bishoujo Kyouiku segment Ayaka's Surprise English Lessons, in which she surprised random Morning Musume members and forcing them to learn English phrases with her.
- She attended the Canadian Academy international school, located on Rokko Island in Kobe
- She is bilingual in English and Japanese.
- When she was 14, she moved to Hawaii with her mother after her parents separated.
- In Hawaii, Ayaka continued her education by entering the Mid-Pacific Institute.
- After graduation, she attended the University of Hawaii at Manoa (she later studied at Sophia University in the Faculty of Comparative Culture in 2003).
- She once worked part-time as a waitress at a curry house in Ala Moana Shopping Center called "Coco Ichibanya".
- She knew Mika from beforehand.
- Kimura Ayaka and Mika are the only members of Coconuts Musume with a Japanese first name.
- Shares a birthday with Morning Musume member Fukumura Mizuki, and S/mileage member Tamura Meimi.
|Leader of Coconuts Musume
2000 – 2008
|Oldest Member of Petitmoni
2002 – 2003
|Oldest Member of ROMANS
2003 – 2003