from the album Maeda Yuki Zenkyoku Shuu ~Kenchana~
|Released||February 25, 2009|
|Format||CD, cassette tape, digital download|
|Previous||Ai Ai Daiko 8th single (2007)|
|Next||Mianeyo ~Gomennasai~ 10th single (2010)|
Kenchana ~Daijoubu~ (ケンチャナ〜大丈夫〜; It's Alright ~It's Alright~) is Maeda Yuki's ninth single, and her last as a member of Hello! Project. It was released on February 25, 2009. "Kenchana" (Hangul: 괜찮아 (Gwaenchanha)) is a Korean word that has roughly the same meaning as "Daijoubu."
This single is Maeda’s first Korean themed single out of three. She collaborated with Korean song/music writer Hae-Joon Yoo and lyricist Mori Chiyoko. They would go on to produce all her Korean themed singles, with help of different composers.
- Kenchana ~Daijoubu~
- Seoul no Ame (ソウルの雨; The Rain in Seoul)
- Kenchana ~Daijoubu~ (Original Karaoke)
- Kenchana ~Daijoubu~ (Hanonsage Karaoke) (半音下げ・カラオケ; Halftone Lower Karaoke)
- Seoul no Ame (Original Karaoke)
- Track 2: ソウル is read as «seouru», and can either mean Seoul (a city in South-Korea) or Soul. The lyricist probably had a double meaning when creating the title; The Rain in My Soul / The Rain in Seoul.
- In 2008 Fujimoto Miki released an enka single called Okitegami. Some found this rather odd, as she released several pop singles in 2002-2004; why change music genre? At several forums it was speculated that the single was originally intended for Maeda, as she releases one single per year (Maeda’s previous release was in 2007). Some also speculated that maybe it was originally intended for Nakazawa Yuko, as she performed it live at one of her birthday events. (and the composer was the same one who did her debut single).
- When the release of this single was first announced, the original track list had an additional song listed, but it was removed shortly before the release of the single. It was listed as #3; ケンチャナ〜大丈夫～ （日本語+韓国語ミックスバージョン） (Kenchana ~Daijoubu~ Japanese +Korean mix version).
- Part of the lyrics say: Fuyu no sonata sotto kuchizusanda / "Moeta koi wa itsuka wa samete yuku no" to / Mukashi mita dorama no serifu ga yomigaeru (I say a few lines from a drama called “Winter Sonata: / “A Passionate love will soon cool off» / I used to watch it a long time ago.) This is a reference to the Korean winter dorama "Winter Sonata", which Hae-Joon Yoo is involved with.
- All Lyrics: Mori Chiyoko
- All Composition: Yoo Hae Joon
- All Arrangement: Yano Tatsumi
- Total sales: 1,241
- Hello! Project 2009 Winter Elder Club Kouen ~Thank you for your LOVE!~
- Hello! Project 2009 Winter Kettei! Hello☆Pro Award '09 ~Elder Club Sotsugyou Kinen Special~
- Hello! Project COUNTDOWN PARTY 2013 ~GOOD BYE & HELLO!~
- Discography: Hello! Project (archived), UP-FRONT WORKS
- Wikipedia: Japanese
- Lyrics: Kenchana ~Daijoubu~, Seoul no Ame
|Singles||1. 1. Naki Usagi | 2. Tokyo You Turn | 3. Tokyo, Yoimachigusa. | 4. Tokyo Kirigirisu | 5. Sarasara no Kawa | 6. Nishi Shinjuku de Atta Hito | 7. Omae no Namida wo Ore ni Kure | 8. Ai Ai Daiko | 9. Kenchana ~Daijoubu~ | 10. Mianeyo ~Gomennasai~ | 11. Busan Hatsu|
|Albums||1. Maeda Yuki Zenkyoku Shuu ~Kenchana~ | 2. Busan Hatsu ~Kankoku Series Best~|
|Units & Other Acts|
|Associated Acts||SALT5 | H.P. All Stars | Ganbarou Nippon Ai wa Katsu Singers|