|Keep Honest Material|
Please help this wiki community keep honest material by adding reference.
Any out of the ordinary information without references will be removed within 3 months.
|Kaneko Rie, October 2017|
|Born||July 1, 1997|
|Occupation||Idol, Singer, Actress, Model|
|Agency||UP-FRONT AGENCY (2008-2012)|
UP-FRONT PROMOTION (2013)
|Associated Acts||Hello Pro Kenshuusei, Team Okai|
|Joined||June 22, 2008|
|Left||December 14, 2013|
|Time in Group||5 years, 5 months, 23 days|
Kaneko Rie (金子りえ) is a former member Hello Pro Kenshuusei, which she joined in March 2008.
After five years in Hello Pro Kenshuusei, Kaneko officially quit on December 14, 2013. She stayed until December 21, 2013 to finish the Hello Pro Kenshuusei Happyoukai 2013 ~12gatsu no Nama Tamago Show!~ concert.
Kaneko Rie was born on July 1, 1997 in Kanagawa, Japan. Her father's name is Kaneko Naoki, while her mother's name is undisclosed.
In March, Kaneko joined Hello Pro Egg. She was first introduced as a member at the Hello! Project 2008 Shinjin Kouen 6gatsu ~Akasaka Hop!~ concert in June 2008 alongside Fukumura Mizuki and Takeuchi Akari.
She participated in the Morning Musume 11th Generation ~Suppin Utahime~ Audition.
She was a back-up dancer for Lalala no Pipipi, sang by Michishige Sayumi, along with Murota Mizuki at Morning Musume Tanjou 15 Shuunen Kinen Concert Tour 2012 Aki ~Colorful Character~.
On January 27th, Kaneko Rie, Miyamoto Karin, Tanabe Nanami, Hamaura Ayano, Ogawa Rena and Murota Mizuki appeared as an opening act for the Morning Musume's mini live event at the Osaka's Senri SELCY Square to promote Help me!!, they sang Kanojo ni Naritai and were backdancers for Love Machine.
On February 23, Kaneko participated as a back-dancer at Mano Erina's graduation concert.
Kaneko participated as a backup dancer in the Morning Musume Concert Tour 2013 Aki ~CHANCE!~.
On December 21, Kaneko's profile was removed from the ~Onedari Entame!~ Hapi★Pure website.
On December 28, Kaneko's father, Naoki, reported on his Facebook page that his daughter quit Hello Pro Kenshuusei on December 14. Although Kaneko quit on December 14, she stayed until December 21 to properly finish the Hello Pro Kenshuusei Happyoukai 2013 ~12gatsu no Nama Tamago Show!~. He thanked fans for supporting his daughter throughout her five years in Hello Pro Kenshuusei. Kaneko's profile was removed from the Hello Pro Kenshuusei website on January 2, 2014.
Backstage footage of Kaneko's last concert was featured in Hello Pro Kenshuusei Mitchaku 2013nen Fuyu.
On May 4, at the Hello Pro Kenshuusei Happyoukai 2014 ~Haru no Koukai Jitsuryoku Shindan Test~ event, Makoto read a letter by Kaneko, in the letter Kaneko mentioned about her plans to study English abroad. On June 21, she confirmed on Twitter that she will be studying in Singapore.
On May 10, she became a member of the fashion group Luce, under the name Kiriri and nickname Kiri. As of June 11, she is now using her real name.
On September 3, she announced that she was leaving Luce.
She has three older brothers.
Kaneko announced that she will be studying English abroad in Singapore.
Here is a list of nicknames that was used to refer to Kanako Rie:
- Ricchan (りっちゃん): Official nickname, given to her since Hello Pro Egg.
- Specialty: Ballet, jump rope, unicycle, and turning her hand 360 degrees
- Dislikes: Insects
- Favorite Food: La France (French Pears), cherries, ham, Korean food.
- Least Favorite Food: Mushrooms
- Favorite Color: Pink, purple, black, green
- Favorite Subject: Homeroom Activities.
- Favorite School Lunch Item: Kinako Age Pan (きなこあげパン; Fried soy flour bread)
- Favorite Animal: Penguin
- Favorite Hello! Project Song: "Namidacchi"
- Looks Up To: Tanaka Reina, Ishikawa Rika, Kikkawa Yuu, Niigaki Risa, Michishige Sayumi
Discography Featured InEdit
Hello Pro KenshuuseiEdit
- [2008.26.07] Ren mercy - Corporate Mali
-  Hoshisuna no Shima no Chiisana Tenshi ~Mermaid Smile~ (星砂の島のちいさな天使～マーメイド スマイル)
- [2012-2013] Hello! SATOYAMA Life (ハロー！ＳＡＴＯＹＡＭＡライフ)
- [2013.10.5~2013.12.21] ~Onedari Entame!~Hapi★Pure
- [2013.4.16~2013.08.16] Hello Pro Kenshuusei no Tadaima Kenshuuchuu!
-  Pokemomubi What Day Is Today? Egg Day! (ポケモームービー 今日は何の日?エッグの日!) (irregular appearance, mobile website)
- She eats rice for breakfast.
- She was the self-appointed leader of Hello Pro Kenshuusei.
- She has a habit of having a bent back.
- Her favorite spot is the guest room, because it’s calming.
- She was the only 4th generation Hello Pro Kenshuusei member who didn't debut.
- Ishikawa Rika calls her the "New Ricchan" (Ishikawa is the "Old Ricchan")
- When asked what group she'd like to join, she answered ℃-ute.
- She participated in the 2011 S/mileage audition but failed.
- On a rainy day she would relax at home, or sing the song "Tsuugaku Vector" by ℃-ute.
- She participated in the Morning Musume 11th Generation Audition, but failed.
- Her best sport is basketball.
- She bought Fukumura Mizuki a pair of pink chopsticks, to match her color image.
- In Team Okai she covered Kudo Haruka.
- She says her lover in Hello Pro Kenshuusei is Inaba Manaka.
- She once got into a bag-slamming fight with an elderly woman on a train.
- In a DeView Interview, she said: “If I can debut then I want to debut in a group with the other trainees. I want to perform overseas and become a well known group around the world, If it’s ok I want this group to be only made up of the trainees I have worked with for so long. We have been together for a long time and become good friends”.
- She wants try singing "Romantic Ukare Mode" by Fujimoto Miki.
- She is currently the proud owner of YEEZY shoes by Kanye West.
- As of 2017, on her Instagram it has been revealed that she currently has a boyfriend, and lives in Los Angeles.
Leader of Hello Pro Kenshuusei
- ^ ^ Said during the Hello Pro Kenshuusei corner at the November 16 afternoon show of Morning Musume Concert Tour 2013 Aki ~CHANCE!~.
Kaneko Family TreeEdit
| Elder |
|| Elder |
|| Elder |
- Official Twitter
- Official Instagram
- Hello Pro Kenshuusei blogs: December 2013, June 2013, March 2013, September 2012, June 2012, March 2012,
- Other blogs: Morning Musume/C-ute tour blog