Juice=Juice (pronounced as ジュースジュース) is a Japanese pop group under Hello! Project. They were originally formed on February 3, 2013 by five members from Hello Pro Kenshuusei and a member from the SATOYAMA movement unit GREEN FIELDS.
Juice=Juice's highest selling single is "'Hitori de Ikiraresou' tte Sore tte Nee, Homete Iru no? / 25sai Eien Setsu" with 82,030 reported copies sold while their lowest selling major label single is "Senobi / Date ja nai yo Uchi no Jinsei wa" with 32,391 reported copies sold.
Members[edit | edit source]
- Main article: Juice=Juice Members
July 2, 1995 (25)
Dec. 30, 1998 (22)
Dec. 27, 1997 (23)
July 17, 2001 (19)
May 7, 2001 (19)
Sept. 28, 2004 (16)
July 7, 2005 (15)
- Founding members (2013)
- Miyazaki Yuka (宮崎由加; Peach) (Graduated: June 17, 2019; Leader 2013-2019)
- Takagi Sayuki (高木紗友希; Lemon) (Left: February 12, 2021; Sub-leader 2019-2021)
- Miyamoto Karin (宮本佳林; Grape) (Graduated: December 10, 2020)
- Otsuka Aina (大塚愛菜; Orange) (Left: July 5, 2013)
- Joined members (2017)
History[edit | edit source]
2013: Formation and Major Debut[edit | edit source]
On February 3, during the Hello! Project Tanjou 15 Shuunen Kinen Live 2013 Fuyu ~Bravo!~ show in Fukuoka, Juice=Juice was announced as a new unit, consisting of Miyazaki Yuka, Kanazawa Tomoko, Takagi Sayuki, Otsuka Aina, Miyamoto Karin and Uemura Akari, with each member representing a fruit. The unit was unnamed until February 25, when the name and member colors were revealed.
On March 2, Juice=Juice made their debut as a group at the Hello! Project Haru no Dai Kansha Hinamatsuri Festival 2013, where they also announced and performed their first indies single "Watashi ga Iu Mae ni Dakishimenakya ne". Their debut indies single was pre-released on March 31 in respect to Hello Pro Kenshuusei Happyoukai 2013 ~3gatsu no Nama Tamago Show!~. The single had a general release on April 3, 2013 and reached #25 in the weekly Oricon charts, selling 2,275 in its debut week.
From March 16 to May 21, Juice=Juice was the opening act for parts of the Morning Musume Concert Tour 2013 Haru Michishige☆Eleven SOUL ~Tanaka Reina Sotsugyou Kinen Special~. On April 20, they were the opening act for the opening day of ℃-ute Concert Tour 2013 Haru ~Treasure Box~ in Kanagawa Prefecture.
On May 5, they performed and pre-released their second indies single "Samidare Bijo ga Samidareru" at the Hello Pro Kenshuusei Happyoukai 2013 ~Haru no Koukai Jitsuryoku Shindan Test~ event. Following the Kenshuusei event, Juice=Juice had their first fanclub event at Nakano Sun Plaza later that day. "Samidare Bijo ga Samidareru" later had a proper general release on June 12.
On May 19, it was announced during Hello! Project Yaon Premium Live ~Soto Fest~ that Hello Pro Kenshuusei would be releasing their second indies single titled "Ten Made Nobore!" on June 8 with Juice=Juice. The single is officially counted as Juice=Juice's third indies single. Juice=Juice and Hello Pro Kenshuusei had a release event for the single on June 13.
On June 13, the group's major debut was announced for summer 2013, with the single "Romance no Tochuu". The same day, Miyazaki Yuka was announced as the group's leader, while Kanazawa Tomoko as sub-leader. They also switched labels from UP-FRONT WORKS to hachama.
On July 5, it was announced that Otsuka Aina had withdrawn from both Hello Pro Kenshuusei and Juice=Juice due to contractual issues with her family. Juice=Juice resumed activities as a 5 member group.
As a fresh new group, Juice=Juice participated on various shows and events: UmiFesta OGA Song on July 14, Harajuku Dream JOL Festa on July 30, BAYLINE GO! GO! radio show on August 7, Pony Canyon's Ponikyan! Idol Club Thanksgiving ~Rival no Rival wa Idol~ on September 1, Nagoya TV's Fall 2013 Idol Festival on September 29.
On August 9, Juice=Juice began their mini live tour titled Juice=Juice Fresh Festival 2013. The tour concluded on August 28. On August 21, Juice=Juice held a fanclub event titled Juice=Juice Ouen Kikaku 2013.8 ~Miracle x Juice x Box~ in Tokyo.
Juice=Juice was the opening act for ℃-ute Budokan Concert 2013 "Queen of J-POP ~Tadori Tsuita Onna Senshi~" on September 9 and 10. Juice=Juice also had handshake events prior to the Budokan concert showings.
On September 11, their debut single, "Romance no Tochuu / Watashi ga Iu Mae ni Dakishimenakya ne (MEMORIAL EDIT) / Samidare Bijo ga Samidareru (MEMORIAL EDIT)", was released. The single debuted at #2 in the weekly Oricon charts with 37,213 copies sold.
On November 22, it was announced that Juice=Juice won a New Artist Award and were nominated for the Best New Artist Award at the 55th Japan Record Awards. The event took place on December 30, but they did not win.
On December 5, Juice=Juice released their 2nd single "Ijiwaru Shinai de Dakishimete yo / Hajimete wo Keiken-chuu". It became their highest selling single with 45,834 copies sold.
2014[edit | edit source]
On February 27, Juice=Juice released their first group photobook titled Juice=Juice 1st OFFICIAL PHOTO BOOK.
On March 19, Juice=Juice released their 3rd single, "Hadaka no Hadaka no Hadaka no KISS / Are Kore Shitai!".
On March 21, Juice=Juice's first solo live tour, Juice=Juice First Live Tour 2014 News=News ~Kakuchi yori Otodoke Shimasu!~, was announced. The tour began on June 13 and concluded in December.
On May 24 and 25, Juice=Juice held their first fanclub tour titled Juice=Juice 1st Fanclub Tour ~Miracle×Juice×Bus~ in Yamanashi.
On September 23, Juice=Juice performed at the PINK!SS & Kopinks! Special Live 2014 ~Uso Mitai na Kyou~.
On October 1, Juice=Juice released their 5th single, titled "Senobi / Date ja nai yo Uchi no Jinsei wa".
From November 19 to 24, Juice=Juice starred in their first musical Koisuru Hello Kitty.
2015[edit | edit source]
On April 8, Juice=Juice released their 6th single, titled "Wonderful World / Ça va ? Ça va ?". It was their first single to reach #1 on the Oricon Weekly Chart, as well as their first single to not be produced by Tsunku.
On May 2 during the opening concert of the Juice=Juice First Live Tour 2015 ~Special Juice~ at Nakano Sun Plaza, Juice=Juice announced their first studio album First Squeeze! would be released on July 15. They also announced their goal to perform at Nippon Budokan in 2016 and their plan to reach it by performing 220 shows across Japan.
On May 30, Juice=Juice was invited to perform at the live event @ JAM 2015.
On June 21, Juice=Juice began their goal to perform 220 shows by fall 2016 with the Juice=Juice LIVE MISSION 220 ~Code1→Begin to Run~ concert tour.
On October 8, it was announced Juice=Juice would be starring in a 2016 Fuji TV drama titled Budokan about a fictional 5-member idol unit called NEXT YOU. During the production of the show, which began in November, many of Juice=Juice's lives, events, and appearances were as NEXT YOU.
2016[edit | edit source]
On February 3, Juice=Juice released their seventh single, and their first as NEXT YOU, titled "Next is you! / Karada Dake ga Otona ni Nattan ja nai".
On February 6, Juice=Juice's first TV drama Budokan premiered on Fuji TV. Another version, with 15 minute longer episodes of the drama, premiered on BS SKY PerfecTV! on February 10.
On May 4, it was announced via video, during the Juice=Juice LIVE MISSION 220 ~Code3 Special→Growing Up!~ at Nakano Sun Plaza and on Hello! Project Station, that Juice=Juice would hold their first concert at Nippon Budokan on November 7 after completing 220 shows as part of the LIVE MISSION 220 project.
On October 26, Juice=Juice released their 8th single, "Dream Road ~Kokoro ga Odoridashiteru~ / KEEP ON Joshou Shikou!! / Ashita Yarou wa Bakayarou".
2017[edit | edit source]
On March 11 and 12, Juice=Juice held their second fanclub tour, Juice=Juice Fanclub Tour ~Miracle×Juice×Bus 2~ in Izu.
On April 26, Juice=Juice released their 9th single "Jidanda Dance / Feel! Kanjiru yo".
On May 19, Juice=Juice released the digital song "Goal ~Ashita wa Acchi da yo~".
On June 16, they released another digital song "Jouro".
On June 26, it was announced through a special episode of Hello! Project Station that Dambara Ruru and Yanagawa Nanami, as a concurrent member from Country Girls, have joined Juice=Juice as new members and would begin activities in the group in the Hello! Project 2017 SUMMER concert tour and Juice=Juice LIVE AROUND 2017 ~Seven Horizon~.
On August 23, Juice=Juice released their first digital single "Fiesta! Fiesta!".
2018[edit | edit source]
On April 18, Juice=Juice released their 10th single, "SEXY SEXY / Naite Ii yo / Vivid Midnight".
On June 13, it was revealed that Inaba Manaka had joined Juice=Juice as a new member and would begin activities with the group in the Hello! Project 20th Anniversary!! Hello! Project 2018 SUMMER concert tour.
On August 1, they released their second studio album Juice=Juice#2 -¡Una más!-.
2019[edit | edit source]
On March 11, Yanagawa graduated from Hello! Project in the Juice=Juice & Country Girls LIVE ~Yanagawa Nanami Sotsugyou Special~ at Zepp Tokyo.
On March 22, it was announced that Juice=Juice was appointed as an official supporter for the Aidorisai 2019 ~Idol Matsuri~ contest along with ANGERME, Up Up Girls (Kakko Kari), The World Standard, and Chuning Candy.
On June 5, they released their 12th single and Miyazaki Yuka's last, titled "'Hitori de Ikiraresou' tte Sore tte Nee, Homete Iru no? / 25sai Eien Setsu".
On June 12, it was announced in episode #293 of Hello! Project Station that Kanazawa Tomoko was chosen as the new leader and Takagi Sayuki as the new sub-leader following Miyazaki Yuka's graduation on June 17. Miyazaki also announced that new member(s) from Hello Pro Kenshuusei would be joining the group and they would be revealed on the group's official YouTube channel on June 14 at 9:00 PM JST.
On June 14, it was revealed that Hello Pro Kenshuusei Hokkaido member Kudo Yume and Hello Pro Kenshuusei member Matsunaga Riai have joined Juice=Juice as new members. They had their first on-stage introduction as group members at Miyazaki Yuka's graduation concert, and they were also introduced on stage during the Hello! Project 2019 SUMMER concert tour from July 13.
On June 17, Miyazaki Yuka graduated from Juice=Juice and Hello! Project in the Hello Pro Premium Juice=Juice CONCERT TOUR 2019 ~JuiceFull!!!!!!!~ FINAL Miyazaki Yuka Sotsugyou Special at Nippon Budokan.
From November 3, Juice=Juice appeared as themselves in the NHK BS Premium drama Yuganda Hamon, which has a central character that is a fan of the group.
On December 29, they performed at rockin'on presents COUNTDOWN JAPAN 19/20 held at Makuhari Messe.
2020[edit | edit source]
On February 10, it was announced that Miyamoto Karin would graduate from Juice=Juice and Hello! Project at the end of Juice=Juice CONCERT TOUR 2020 Haru in order start activities as a soloist. It was also announced that the group would release a new single on April 1 titled "Pop Music / Suki tte Itte yo", which included a cover of KAN's most recent single "Pop Music".
On April 1, it was announced through their mini-live livestream promoting "Pop Music / Suki tte Itte yo" that former Kobushi Factory member Inoue Rei would be joining Juice=Juice as a new member. She was set to officially begin activities after Miyamoto Karin's graduation.
On April 21, it was announced that Funaki Musubu and Miyamoto Karin's graduations set for June 2020 would be postponed to a later date due to the government's declaration of emergency following the spread of the coronavirus getting worse. Both stated that they wanted to graduate in front of an audience, and thus made the decision to postpone their graduations.
2021[edit | edit source]
On January 20, it was announced through Hello! Project Station and the official Hello! Project website that Juice=Juice and Tsubaki Factory would be holding a joint new member audition titled Hello! Project "Juice=Juice" "Tsubaki Factory" Goudou Shin Member Audition. The audition opened to applicants on January 22, and the application period will end on March 1. An audition website opened on January 22 with more details.
On April 28, the group will be releasing their 14th single, "DOWN TOWN / Ganbarenai yo". This will be their first single to include Inoue Rei, and first to not include Takagi Sayuki and Miyamoto Karin. The single was originally scheduled to be released on March 24, but due to Takagi's departure, the release date was postponed to April 28.
Activities Outside Japan[edit | edit source]
Juice=Juice performed outside of Japan for the first time on October 3 and 4, 2015 in Taipei and Hong Kong as part of the LIVE MISSION 220 project.
On February 11 and 12, 2017, Juice=Juice was invited to perform at the @JAMxTALE in HongKong 2017.
On April 12, 2017, Juice=Juice announced they would hold a world tour in the fall with concerts in the United Kingdom, France, Germany, Mexico, Thailand, and Malaysia. The tour's title was later announced as Juice=Juice LIVE AROUND 2017 ~World Tour~, and it would start on September 8 in Mexico City. Concerts in Indonesia and Taiwan were also added to the tour. Instead of full concerts, in Malaysia, they performed in the JAPAN x MALAYSIA Friendship Concert 2017, and in Indonesia, they performed a free mini concert at the Taste of the World festival.
After they completed their first seven shows of the Juice=Juice LIVE AROUND 2017 ~World Tour~ in October 2017, Juice=Juice announced they would also tour South America that December. They performed at the IDOL♡LOVE event in Peru, then held a concert in Chile. Afterwards, the groups performed in two Brazilian cities, São Paulo and Fortaleza, of the which the latter took place at the Sana Fest anime convention.
On December 16, 2018, Juice=Juice held a Christmas event in Hong Kong at the Tai Po Mega Mall and were guest performers at the Big Honor Entertainment 30th Anniversary Dinner alongside former Morning Musume member Michishige Sayumi.
In early June 2020, Juice=Juice was set to hold an overseas travel tour in Vladivostok, Russia as part of the Japan-Russia Regional Cultural Exchange 2020-2021. On April 21, it was announced that all June concerts and events were cancelled due to the coronavirus.
Group Name Origin[edit | edit source]
Juice=Juice was named by Tsunku. According to him Juice=Juice's concept should be cool and sexy. He named it with the hope that it would be a unit that was fresh and full of personality forever. Still, the fact that it is not bright and cheerful childish, It is a good stretch while mature, to COOL, and can produce a sense of youth sizzle.
Discography[edit | edit source]
- See also: Juice=Juice Discography
- Studio Albums
- Soundtrack Mini Album
- Indies Singles
- [2013.03.31] Watashi ga Iu Mae ni Dakishimenakya ne
- [2013.05.05] Samidare Bijo ga Samidareru
- [2013.06.08] Ten Made Nobore! (Hello Pro Kenshuusei feat. Juice=Juice)
- Major Singles
- [2013.09.11] Romance no Tochuu / Watashi ga Iu Mae ni Dakishimenakya ne (MEMORIAL EDIT) / Samidare Bijo ga Samidareru (MEMORIAL EDIT)
- [2013.12.04] Ijiwaru Shinai de Dakishimete yo / Hajimete wo Keiken-chuu
- [2014.03.19] Hadaka no Hadaka no Hadaka no KISS / Are Kore Shitai!
- [2014.07.30] Black Butterfly / Kaze ni Fukarete
- [2014.10.01] Senobi / Date ja nai yo Uchi no Jinsei wa
- [2015.04.08] Wonderful World / Ça va ? Ça va ?
- [2016.02.03] Next is you! / Karada Dake ga Otona ni Nattan ja nai (NEXT YOU / Juice=Juice)
- [2016.10.26] Dream Road ~Kokoro ga Odoridashiteru~ / KEEP ON Joshou Shikou!! / Ashita Yarou wa Bakayarou
- [2017.04.26] Jidanda Dance / Feel! Kanjiru yo
- [2018.04.18] SEXY SEXY / Naite Ii yo / Vivid Midnight
- [2019.02.13] Bitansan / Potsuri to / Good bye & Good luck!
- [2019.06.05] "Hitori de Ikiraresou" tte Sore tte Nee, Homete Iru no? / 25sai Eien Setsu
- [2020.04.01] Pop Music / Suki tte Itte yo
- [2021.04.28] DOWN TOWN / Ganbarenai yo
- Digital Singles
- [2017.08.23] Fiesta! Fiesta!
- Collaboration Singles
- Digital Songs
- Original Songs
-  Platonic Planet (プラトニック・プラネット)
- [2013.12.11] Petit Best 14 (#9 Romance no Tochuu)
- [2014.12.10] Petit Best 15 (#9 Are Kore Shitai!, #10 Kaze ni Fukarete)
- [2015.12.16] Petit Best 16 (#9 Wonderful World, #10 CHOICE & CHANCE)
- [2016.12.14] Petit Best 17 (#4 Karada Dake ga Otona ni Nattan ja nai)
- [2017.12.13] Petit Best 18 (#5 Jidanda Dance)
- [2018.12.12] Petit Best 19 (#7 SEXY SEXY, #8 Kindan Shoujo)
- [2020.01.08] Petit Best 20 2020 (Disc 3 #1 "Hitori de Ikiraresou" tte Sore tte Nee, Homete Iru no?, #7 Never Never Surrender, #14 Magic of Love (J=J 2015Ver.))
- [2013.07.26] Juice=Juice Ohirome Event
- [2014.01.09] Juice=Juice Profile Movie Kanzenban
- [2014.01.27] Juice=Juice Ouen Kikaku 2013.8 ~Miracle×Juice×Box~
- [2014.04.16] Naruchika 2013 Aki Berryz Koubou x Juice=Juice
- [2014.11.27] Juice=Juice FC Event 2014 ~Miracle×Juice×Box II~ Major Debut 1 Shuunen Kinen!
- [2014.11.27] Juice=Juice Days
- [2016.04.xx] Juice=Juice FC Event 2015 ~Meri Kuri×Juice×Box~
- [2017.03.xx] Juice=Juice FC Event 2016 ~Meri Kuri×Juice×Box II~
- [2017.07.xx] Juice=Juice Fanclub Tour ~Miracle×Juice×Bus 2~ in Izu
Publications[edit | edit source]
- See also: Juice=Juice Publications
Works[edit | edit source]
-  Budokan
- [2013–] Hello! Project Station
- [2014–2016] MUSIC+
- [2015–2016] GREEN ROOM
- [2016–] Upcoming
- [2016–2017] Girls Night Out
- [2017–] tiny tiny
- [2018–] OMAKE CHANNEL
-  Hello Pro no Monohon!
- [2019–2020] Hello Pro no Oshigoto Challenge
-  Hello Pro Kouhaku Taiko THE☆BATTLE 2019
- [2019–2020] Hello Pro ONE×ONE
- [2013–] We are Juice=Juice
Awards[edit | edit source]
- [2014.11.22] 55th Japan Record Awards - New Artist Award
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Even after their official debut, Tsunku said members could be added to the group.
- Tsunku shortens their name as "Juu=Juu".
- Miyazaki Yuka was the only member who is not a former member of Hello Pro Kenshuusei or Hello Pro Kenshuusei Hokkaido.
- All five original members have participated in a SATOYAMA movement unit.
- When they were an indies group, the members incorporated their members colors in jewelry and socks in their singles.
- They were the only group in Hello! Project to have fruits as their member colors. Though with the addition of Yanagawa Nanami and Dambara Ruru, the group appears to have dropped the fruit concept.
- They were the first Hello! Project group to release a triple A-side single and the first to release a major single without a B-side.
- The members declared October 10 to be "JuuJuu no Hi", or "Juice=Juice Day", as the number 10 is read as "juu" in Japanese.
- Juice=Juice was the first Hello! Project unit to be created under UP-FRONT PROMOTION.
- Yanagawa Nanami and Inaba Manaka were both members of Country Girls. However, while Yanagawa was a concurrent member during her tenure in Juice=Juice, Inaba was already graduated from Country Girls during her own tenure in Juice=Juice.
CD Sales Count[edit | edit source]
|Year||Group Sales||Collaboration Sales||Total Sales|
See Also[edit | edit source]
- Juice=Juice Members
- Juice=Juice Discography
- Juice=Juice Concerts & Events
- Juice=Juice Publications
- List:Pocket Morning Juice=Juice Weekly Q&A
- Gallery:Juice=Juice Music Videos
- Juice=Juice Auditions
References[edit | edit source]
External Links[edit | edit source]
- Juice=Juice Official Profile
- Juice=Juice Official YouTube Channel
- Juice=Juice Official Blog
- Social Media Pages: Facebook, Google+, Twitter, Instagram, TikTok
- Wikipedia: English, Japanese