Inaba Atsuko (稲葉貴子) is a Japanese singer, actress, coreography instructor, MC, and TV personality. She started her musical career as a member of the group Osaka Performance Doll (OPD) in 1993, moving on to the Hello! Project group Taiyou to Ciscomoon in 1999. After the group disbanded in 2000, she remained a part of Hello! Project until her contract expired in 2009.
In 2014, she teamed up with a fellow former OPD member to create the group Pirit Color. They released their first CD in 2020.
- 1 Biography
- 2 Profile
- 3 Discography
- 4 Discography Featured In
- 5 Works
- 6 Trivia
- 7 See Also
- 8 References
- 9 External Links
In a 1999 interview with GiRLPOP, Inaba had said: “I always liked singing since I was little and I was singing all the time at home. But I never had any ambition to become a singer. When I was a senior high school student, someone told me to take a singing lesson if I liked singing so much. So I began taking lessons and the next step for me wasn’t directly related to the entertainment industry, but out of curiosity, I tried out for a radio audition for a female music group, and I passed. As I continued my student life, I continued the singing and dancing lessons. The next news I heard was an audition process for Osaka Performance Doll. Again, out of curiosity, I took the audition and luckily I passed once again. I realized at that point that in order to become a professional performer, you really had to commit yourself to it.”
Inaba's first TV appereance was at a Doraemon Tournament with her older brother. They sang "Anna Koto Ii na" and did a coreography arranged by their father. Judges were voice actors from that time, like Fujio Fujiko and Ooyama Nobuyo Inaba and her brother won the competition.
In April 1993, Inaba passed an audition by the agency Yoshimoto and joined Osaka Performance Doll (or OPD for short), a sister group to the famous Tokyo Performance Doll. Inaba was one of five main members (called F/Unit), but since the group was theatre-based in Osaka there were several other members for live performances.
In March, Inaba graduated alongside Furutani Ayano from OPD, but was still under contract with Yoshimoto.
In September, Inaba released the single Sugar Time tied up to the musical "Take Back Wonderland!!" (Molly Mole, Fushigi no Kuni wo Torimodose!!) in which she had the lead role.
After Inaba's contract expired, she had an inactive solo career for two years. She said in a GiRLPOP interview published in early 2000 that she was almost at the point of giving it all up when suddenly she was watching TV and heard about the Geinoujin Shin Unit Audition on November 22. The talent search show ASAYAN annoounced they were looking for girls with special talents who have enough experiences.
On December 20, Inaba appeared in the semi-finals as one of sixteen auditionees. She sang an acapella of "Sutsumikomu you ni..." by MISIA, and was interviewed face to face by Tsunku. On the same date she was the first to be chosen as the final eight. They appeared in the ASAYAN studio getting interviewed by the hosts before Tsunku split them into two groups of four and named the groups San Fran and Ciscomoon (Inaba was in the group called Ciscomoon). He then announced they were being sent off to San Fransisco for boot camp training sessions including performance, dance, rhythm and rap.
On February 7 1999, ASAYAN aired footage from the boot camp training sessions in San Fransisco. Inaba recieved a phone call after four weeks into the boot camp, were she reads the names of three participants Tsunku have chosen as the winners: Inaba (from Ciscomoon), Kominato (from Ciscomoon), and Shinoda (from San Fran). RuRu was later on selected as the fourth and final member of the unit after showing her devotion to music and vocal skills.
On February 21, 1999, the winners appeared on stage in the ASAYAN studio with the hosts. Here, Tsunku pointed out each member's weakness and said they were going to go back to the US for private lessons. He said Inaba needed to practice her sinigng.
For three weeks, from February to March, ASAYAN covered the members' journeys. They were sent to four different cities, and Inaba was sent to Atlanta (famous for gospel and soul).
On April 21, they released their debut single, Tsuki to Taiyou.
In the spring of 2000, Tsunku decided to shuffle all the artists he managed under Hello! Project. He split all the artist into three groups, and Inaba ended up in Aoiro 7. The whole purpose of the shuffling and three groups was to see which group would sell the most singles. Aoiro 7 released "Aoi Sports Car no Otoko", and ended up in third place with total sales of 385,540 copies.
On August 27, the news of the Taiyou to Ciscomoon's upcoming disbandment in October was announced. The reason was so that each member could focus on solo activities.
On October 9, the group disbanded.
From December 2000 to May 2001, UP-FRONT AGENCY held an audition for a new group titled Inaba Atsuko Shin Unit Audition, open to women in between the ages of 17 to 20, however no winners were selected.
In 2001, Inaba transferred from Yoshimoto Kogyo to Up-front Agency, and her role in Hello! Project would be to participate in shuffle groups, MC-ing at concerts, performing as a chorus singer, as a dancer at concerts, and teaching choreography to other groups within Hello! Project.
In 2002, Hello! Project started releasing a series of children’s songs albums, entitled "Douyou Pops". The albums were themed according to the seasons, and Inaba participated on five of these albums. At the end of the year a DVD called Hello! Project Douyou Eizou Shuu ~Ponkikies21~ was released. It is a DVD with promotional videos for some of the songs.
On November 27, a special Christmas single was released, called Ai no Merry Christmas. It was a collaboration between Hello! Project Seikatai, a choir consisting of 21 of the girls in Hello! Project, and enka singers Itsuki Hiroshi and Horiuchi Takao.
In July, Inaba was part of the shuffle unit 7AIR. They released the single "Kowarenai Ai ga Hoshii no / GET UP! Rapper / BE ALL RIGHT! " with the two other shuffle groups this year.
In November 2003, Inaba was a guest performer at Matsuura Aya's concert Matsuura Aya Concert Tour 2003 Aki ~Ayaya Hit Parade!~. They performed several songs together,
In December 2004, the special unit H.P. All Stars released the single "ALL FOR ONE & ONE FOR ALL!".The unit was created instead of the annual shuffle units in order to celebrate the 7th anniversary of Hello! Project.
In June 2005, Inaba was part of the shuffle unit Puripuri Pink. They released the single "Onna, Kanashii, Otona / Inshouha Renoir no You ni / Hitoshirezu Mune wo Kanaderu Yoru no Aki" with the two other shuffle groups this year.
From October 3 to October 11, 2007, Inaba appeared in the stage play Heisei Revolution ~Back to the Byakkotai~ alongside Yoshizawa Hitomi, Satoda Mai, Shibata Ayumi, Korenaga Miki, and Fukuda Kanon.
In 2008, OPD got together for their 15th anniversary, holding a live concert and releasing a best-of album. Also in 2008, Taiyou to Ciscomoon would also get together for their 10th anniversary. They opened a blog for the anniversary, and held a few live concerts and released a best-of album.
In late 2008, it was announced that Inaba along with the rest of the Elder Club in Hello! Project would graduate on March 31, 2009.
On October 30, 2009, it was announced that Inaba's contract had ended. She commented on this herself saying "I've been active in show business for 16 years now, and I’ve now decided I want to change my viewpoint and see the world from a different angle. I want to work hard to make this new start (…) So I hope you’ll all watch over me kindly from now on."
Statement from Inaba Atsuko
|Thank you so much for all of your support.
I now have some information to give you all.
I’ve been active in show business for 16 years now, and I’ve now decided I want to change my viewpoint and see the world from a different angle.
So making use of all the experiences I’ve built up in the past, from November I’ll be moving on with the support of the company.
I want to work hard to make this new start, learn a lot, experience new things, and grow further.
So I hope you’ll all watch over me kindly from now on.
I know we’ll meet again, and I look forward to that time.
In the summer of 2014, it was announced that Inaba had teamed up with fellow OPD-member Furutani Ayano to create the unit Pirit Color (shortened to Pirikara). They had their first live event on September 27th, followed by their second live event set in February of 2015.
On July 19, 2015, all four members of Taiyou to Ciscomoon got together for a special talk and live event for one night only.
In 2018, for Hello! Project's 20th anniversary, Taiyou to Ciscomoon performed in the Hello! Project 20th Anniversary!! Hello! Project Hina Fes 2018 and Hello! Project 20th Anniversary!! Hello! Project 2018 SUMMER concerts.
At the end of the year, it was also announced that the group would be part of the 2019 concert Hello! Project 20th Anniversary!! Hello! Project 2019 WINTER.
In March, Kominato announced on her Twitter that the group would get together for their 20th anniversary. It would be a live talk event held at Dai Ani LIVEBASE Nishiazabu on April 21, titled Debut Kinenbi Yes! Shiawase Issho ni Iwatte Kuremasu ka?.
At the live talk, it was announced that Taiyou to Ciscomoon would hold a concert with a live band at COTTON CLUB on July 28, 2019. This was also confirmed by Kominato on Twitter on May 17. On June 12, tickets went on sale and the name of the live concert was revealed to be Last & Νew Decade 2.
In January, Pirit Color released their first album, piricala 1.
On February 19, Inaba appeared as a guest at choreographer YOSHIKO's event YOSHIKO-sensei Hello Pro Furitsuke 20shuunen Kinen team445 Dummy Fes. ~"Kiiroi Osora de BOOM BOOM BOOM" kara 20nen☆Furitsuke Zen 494 Kyoku kara Episode Digest~ at Zepp DiverCity in Tokyo.
On January 31, Inaba appeared on the TV show "THE Karaoke ★ battle" singing on TV for the first time in a long time.
In August, Inaba appeared as a speciual secret guest on Fukuda Asuka's YouTube Channel Fukuda Asuka no chill time. They announced Fukuda's live event Asuka Fukuda Sunset party vol.1 for which Inaba Atsuko and her band (S)pirit color would appear as special guests.
- Name: Inaba Atsuko (稲葉貴子)
- Nickname: Acchan (あっちゃん), Acchu (あっちゅ)
- Birthdate: March 13, 1974
- Birthplace: Osaka, Osaka, Japan
- Blood Type: A
- Height: 151 cm (4 ft 11.4 in)?
- Western Zodiac: Pisces
- Eastern Zodiac: Tiger
- Hello! Project Groups:
- Shuffle Groups:
- Concert Units:
- Other Groups:
- [1996.09.28] Sugar Time
Discography Featured In
- Osaka Performance Doll
- Taiyou to Ciscomoon
- Osaka Performance Doll
- [1993.11.01] Mangetsu no Yoru Dakara
- [1994.03.21] Koi ga Mabushikute
- [1994.06.22] Cherry Parade
- [1994.11.02] Lady Boy (with Imada Koji and Higashino Koji)
- [1995.02.01] Egao ni Dai Sekkin
- [1995.07.21] Shiny Days
- [1996.02.21] Suteki ni Naritai
- Taiyou to Ciscomoon
- [1999.04.21] Tsuki to Taiyou
- [1999.06.23] Gatamekira
- [1999.07.28] Uchuu de La Ta Ta
- [1999.08.25] Everyday Everywhere
- [1999.09.29] Magic of Love
- [1999.12.08] Marui Taiyou -winter ver.- (丸い太陽-winter ver.-)
- [2000.04.19] DON'T STOP Ren'aichuu
- [2000.07.19] HEY! Mahiru no Shinkirou
- Aoiro 7
- [2000.03.08] Aoi Sports Car no Otoko
- Hello! Project Seikatai
- [2002.11.27] Ai no Merry Christmas
- [2003.07.09] Kowarenai Ai ga Hoshii no
- H.P. All Stars
- [2004.12.01] ALL FOR ONE & ONE FOR ALL!
- Puripuri Pink
- [2005.06.22] Hitoshirezu Mune wo Kanaderu Yoru no Aki
- Taiyou to Ciscomoon
- Taiyou to Ciscomoon
- [2000.02.19] Majutsushi Orphen Revenge OST Part 2
- [2000.04.26] Petit Best ~Ki Ao Aka~
- [2013.12.31] Hello! Project no Zenkyoku kara Atsumechaimashita! Vol. 1
- [2014.07.09] Hello! Project no Zenkyoku kara Atsumechaimashita! Vol. 4
- [2003.02.05] Dou Soukai '03 ASAYAN
- Aoiro 7
- H.P. All Stars
- Puripuri Pink
- [2005.05.02-2005.02.10] Yasuda Kei, Inaba Atsuko Casual Dinner Show (保田圭・稲葉貴子カジュアルディナーショー)
- [2005.05.14-2005.05.15] Yasuda Kei, Inaba Atsuko, Ayaka no 1-Paku 2-Nichi Bus Ryokou in Nagano
- [2006.06.10-2006.06. 11] Yasuda Kei, Inaba Atsuko, Ayaka no 1-Paku 2-Nichi Bus Ryokou in Nagano Part 2
- [2007.02.11-2007.02.12] Yasuda Kei, Inaba Atsuko Casual Dinner Show (保田圭・稲葉貴子カジュアルディナーショー)
- [2007.06.02-2007.06.03] Yasuda Kei, Inaba Atsuko, Ayaka no 1-Paku 2-Nichi Bus Ryokou in Nagano Part 3
- [2007.10.20] Yaguchi Mari & Inaba Atsuko Casual dinner show 2007
- Restaurant Live Casual Dinner Show (レストランライブ カジュアルディナーショー)
- Fan Club Gentei Pacific Haven Event (ファンクラブ限定パシフィックヘブンイベント)
- [2002.12.04] Hello! Project Douyou Eizou Shuu ~Ponkikies21~
- [2003.05.01] Atarashii Douyou
-  Hello! Days Vol. 2
- [2006.08.30] Showa Kayou Teater Shuuchakueki
-  Rezupara (レズパラ)
-  Country Girl Hokkaido Bokujou Monogatari
-  Seishun Bakachin Ryourijuku (青春ばかちん料理塾)
- [1995.04-1995.09] Game Catalog 2 (ゲームカタログ2)
- [2001.04-2002.03] Idol wo Sagase!
- [2001.10-2001.12] Shin Bishoujo Nikki
- [2002.11-2002.12] Oha Suta (おはスタ)
- [2003.01-2003.03] Bishoujo Nikki III "Little Hospital" (美少女日記III「リトルホスピタル」)
- [1994-1995] Koji Imada and Koji Higashino no Come on FUNKY Lips! (今田耕司・東野幸治のCome on FUNKY Lips!)
- [2003.04-2004.03] Ikinari INABA ★ Yoroshiku Yossui (いきなりイナバ★よろしくヨッスィー)
- [2005.06-2005.07] TBC FUN Field Mooretsumoodasshu (TBC FUNふぃーるど・モーレツモーダッシュ)
- [2005.04.22] 16th Hello! Pro Video Chat (第6回 ・ 第16回ハロプロビデオチャット)
- [2005.07.11] 16th Hello! Pro Video Chat (第6回 ・ 第16回ハロプロビデオチャット
-  LOVE Century センチュリー -夢はみなけりゃ始まらない-（2001年）
-  Morning Town モーニング・タウン （2002年）
-  Ken & Mary no Merikenko On Stage! けん&メリーのメリケン粉オンステージ!（2003年）
-  Okaeri (おかえり)
-  Girl's Knight
-  Showa Kayou Teater Shuuchakueki
-  Gekidan Senior Graffiti Showa Kayo Teater Toki no Nagare ni Mi wo Makase (劇団シニアグラフィティ 昭和歌謡シアター 時の流れに身をまかせ)
-  Edo Kara Chakushin!? ~Timeslip to Kengai!~
-  Ken Ookami - KENROH - (剣狼 -KENROH-)
-  Heisei Revolution ~Back to the Byakkotai~ (平成レボリューション 〜バックトゥザ・白虎隊〜)
-  Nemurenuyoru no Honky Tonk Blues EPISODE 1 〜 Joukyou-hen (眠れぬ夜のホンキートンクブルースEPISODE1〜上京編〜)
-  Watashi wo Dosei ni Tsuretette! 〜 RPG Fly Me To The Saturn 〜 (私を土星に連れてって! 〜RPG Fly Me To The Saturn〜)
-  Gekidan Senior Graffiti Showa Kayo Teater Tokyo (劇団シニアグラフィティ 昭和歌謡シアター 東京)
- Has an older brother.
- Gallery:Inaba Atsuko
- List:Inaba Atsuko Discography Featured In
- List:Inaba Atsuko Concert & Event Appearances
- Inaba Atsuko Song Credits
- Official Twitter (in Japanese) (April 24, 2020)
- "全労済ホール スペース・ゼロ 提携公演 『平成レボリューション 〜バックトゥザ・白虎隊〜』" (in Japanese). Gekijyo.
- Tsunku Style Entertainment Seminar
- Inaba Atsuko Official Twitter