Hello Pro Kenshuusei (ハロプロ研修生; Hello Pro Trainee) (formerly Hello Pro Egg (ハロプロエッグ)) is a collection of young girls selected through auditions, or added specially by Tsunku, that are receiving dance and vocal lessons in the hopes that they will one day be able to debut as full idols within Hello! Project.
Not yet being full members within Hello! Project, the girls mainly perform at Hello! Project concerts as back-up dancers for the major acts. The Kenshuusei also hold their own concerts and have their own songs. Some Kenshuusei have acted in various dramas, plays and musicals.
- 1 Trainees
- 2 History
- 3 Discography
- 4 Works
- 5 Groups
- 6 Trivia
- 7 See Also
- 8 References
- 9 External Links
- Main article: Hello Pro Kenshuusei Members
Apr. 30, 2004 (17)
Debut in a New Unit
July 20, 2005 (16)
Debut in a New Unit
July 23, 2004 (17)
Debut in a New Unit
Feb. 26, 2008 (13)
Oct. 28, 2002 (18)
Debut in a New Unit
Jan. 23, 2008 (13)
June 18, 2003 (18)
Debut in a New Unit
Oct. 17, 2005 (15)
Apr. 17, 2006 (15)
Debut in a New Unit
July 25, 2006 (15)
Aug. 30, 2006 (15)
Debut in a New Unit
Feb. 11, 2008 (13)
Feb. 25, 2008 (13)
Feb. 22, 2004 (17)
July 8, 2007 (14)
Dec. 13, 2007 (13)
From June 19 through June 20, 32 winners were selected from the 10,570 applicants of the Hello Pro Egg Audition 2004, and formed Hello Pro Egg.
On August 10, all of the winners of the "Hello Pro Egg Audition 2004" began activities within Hello Pro Egg except Arai Manami and Maeda Irori, who began activities in 2007, and Okada Yui, who joined v-u-den. 4 of the members were designated as futsal trainees, with the goal of someday becoming full fledged players of Gatas Brilhantes H.P..
In October 2005, Tomoiki Ki wo Uetai was formed.
In May 2007, Hello Pro Egg held their first concert, Dai 1kai Hello! Project Shinjin Kouen ~Saru no Koku~ / ~Tori no Koku~.
In January 2008, Korenaga Miki graduated from Hello Pro Egg to concentrate on Gatas Brilhantes H.P. and Ongaku Gatas. Noto Arisa took her place as leader of Hello Pro Egg.
In September 2008, Shugo Chara Egg! was created to record the theme songs for the anime, Shugo Chara!.
In November 2008, Miyamoto Karin joined Hello Pro Egg.
In the April issue of De☆View (released in March 2009), Sato Ayano appeared alongside Noto Arisa and Kaneko Rie, as a Hello Pro Egg member. During the Yokohama HOP! concert in April, Sato Ayano's membership was officially announced, as well as the addition of new member Sezaki Azusa.
On November 23, it was announced that S/mileage would graduate from Hello Pro Egg and make their debut in Hello! Project in 2010. Initially when the group was first formed on April 4, Tsunku had said that in order to make the best group possible, additional members might be added or current members might be removed. Wada Ayaka, Maeda Yuuka, Fukuda Kanon, and Ogawa Saki were confirmed to be the definitive line-up of S/mileage. They debuted on March 27, 2010, and S/mileage would later make their major debut in May.
On November 28, Takagi Sayuki joined Hello Pro Egg.
Between June and December, began going through major line-up changes, and several members of Hello Pro Egg left. At the end of 2010, it was also announced that Sengoku Minami and Kikkawa Yuu had finished their egg training. It was also announced that Kikkawa would be the opening act for Hello! Project's 2011 Winter Tour, and that she was going to start a solo career.
At the first day of the Hello! Project 2011 winter tour, it was announced that Fukumura Mizuki would be joining Morning Musume as a ninth generation member. Jang Da Yeon also became a member of the new Hello Pro Egg Korea.
After the announcement, it was announced that Mori Saki, Furukawa Konatsu (in January 2011), Kitahara Sayaka, Sekine Azusa, Arai Manami, Sato Ayano (in March 2011), and Saho Akari (in April 2011) had also graduated. Kitahara would go on to have a solo career and the other girls plus Sengoku Minami would go onto form Up Up Girls (Kakko Kari).
On September 29, it was announced that Kudo Haruka would be joining Morning Musume as a tenth generation member. Two weeks later, Takeuchi Akari and Katsuta Rina officially became members of the second generation of S/mileage.
In January, the name of the program was officially changed from Hello Pro Egg to Hello Pro Kenshuusei. That same month, S/mileage sub-member Kosuga Fuyuka became a member of Hello Pro Kenshuusei, alongside Hello Pro Kansai Kenshuusei Uemura Akari, after recovering from severe anemia.
In September, It was announced that Hello Pro Kenshuusei would release their first single. The title was revealed to be Kanojo ni Naritai!!! and it was sold during S/mileage Live Tour 2012 Aki ~Choi Kawa Banchou~. The song is sung by Otsuka Aina, Tanabe Nanami, Hamaura Ayano, Miyamoto Karin, and Taguchi Natsumi.
On November 20th, it was announced that selected Kenshuusei would be in a stage play, called Nettai Danshi (熱帯男子).
In December, Kanazawa Tomoko, Ichioka Reina, Kaga Kaede, Kishimoto Yumeno, Makino Maria, and Wada Sakurako joined Hello Pro Kenshuusei. Later, in an interview with Kaneko Rie, regarding the recently added Kenshuusei and the 12gatsu no Nama Tamago Show concert, Kaneko revealed that she was the leader of Hello Pro Kenshuusei.
On February 3, during the Bravo! concert in Fukuoka, it was announced that Kanazawa Tomoko, Takagi Sayuki, Otsuka Aina, Miyamoto Karin and Uemura Akari would be debuting in a new unit (Juice=Juice) alongside GREEN FIELDS' Miyazaki Yuka, The unit started off as an indies group aiming for a major debut.
On April 11, the first episode of Hello Pro Kenshuusei's new show, Hello! Pro Kenshuusei no Tadaima Kenshuuchuu!, was aired.
On May 19, at the Hello! Project Yaon Premium Live ~Soto Fest~ concert, the Kenshuusei announced and performed a new single titled Ten Made Nobore!, featuring Juice=Juice, the single was released on June 8, 2013. That same month, Tanaka Karen, Inaba Manaka, Mikame Kana, Fujii Rio, Mashiro Kana, and Inoue Hikaru joined Hello Pro Kenshuusei.
On July 5, it was announced that Otsuka Aina had withdrawn from both Hello Pro Kenshuusei and Juice=Juice due to issues with her contract and family. She had no graduation ceremony because of the withdrawal.
On August 30, auditions for "Temporary Egg" was announced, those who passed would train for half a year, then be promoted to Kenshuusei.
On October 5, the first episode of their variety show, ~Onedari Entame!~ Hapi★Pure, was aired.
On October 25, "Hello Pro Kenshuusei" was added to the UP-FRONT PROMOTION website under "Talent."
In November, the Juice=Juice members profiles were removed from the Hello Pro Kenshuusei website, bringing the member count down to 28.
On December 7, Yamaki Risa, Niinuma Kisora, Yokogawa Yumei, Oura Hirona, Dambara Ruru, Haga Akane, and Funaki Musubu joined Hello Pro Kenshuusei. A week later, on December 14, after five years of being in Hello Pro Kenshuusei, Kaneko Rie quit. However, she stayed until the 21st.
In January, Kenshuusei members had self-introduction and interview videos uploaded to their Hello! Pro Kenshuusei YouTube channel.
On November 5, it was announced that Inaba Manaka and Yamaki Risa would be joining Country Girls, a 2014 reboot of Country Musume, alongside three other non-kenshuusei. The seven debuting Kenshuusei will still participate in the November / December Kenshuusei Recital.
On November 16, NICE GIRL Project! was dissolved and NICE GIRL Project! Kenshuusei members Hashimoto Nagisa, Horie Kizuki, Ogata Risa, Shimano Momoko, Hirose Ayaka, and Inoue Rei joined Hello Pro Kenshuusei on November 29 alongside Tanimoto Ami, Asakura Kiki, and Onoda Saori.
On November 29, Hello Pro Kenshuusei released their first album ① Let's say "Hello!", it was available for purchase at the November/December Nama Tamago Show concerts, and it eventually had a general release on February 18, 2015.
On December 27, an audition for new members, ranging from 4th year elementary school students to 3rd year middle school students, was announced through De☆View. The audition was also looking for new Up-Front Kenshuusei members.
On January 2, during the Hello! Project 2015 WINTER ~DANCE MODE!~ concert, a new Kenshuusei unit Kobushi Factory was announced. The unit consists of Hamaura Ayano, Taguchi Natsumi, Ogawa Rena, Nomura Minami, Wada Sakurako, Fujii Rio, Hirose Ayaka and Inoue Rei.
On April 30, it was revealed that Saito Kana had ended her training.
On November 6, it was revealed that Okamoto Honoka had ended her training.
On March 24, it was revealed that Takemura Miu had ended her training.
On August 13, Ono Mizuho, Onoda Saori, and Akiyama Mao joined Tsubaki Factory as new group members. Later, on August 17, Kawamura Ayano, Yokoyama Reina, Yoshida Marie, Nishida Shiori, Yamazaki Yuhane, and Hashisako Rin joined Hello Pro Kenshuusei.
On February 28, Tsubaki Factory member profiles were removed from the Hello Pro Kenshuusei page on the Hello! Project site.
On March 6, it was revealed that Yoshida Marie had ended her training. At the same time, Shimakura Rika, Hibi Marina, Eguchi Saya, Doi Rena, Okamura Minami, Matsunaga Riai, Yamada Ichigo, and Nakayama Natsume joined the program.
On May 5, during the Hello! Project Kenshuusei Happyoukai 2017 ~Haru no Koukai Jitsuryoku Shindan Test~, the debut of Takase Kurumi and Kiyono Momohime in a new section focused on theater, Inoue Hikaru as the new leader of Hello Pro Kenshuusei, and the debut of Ichioka Reina, Dambara Ruru, and Kawamura Ayano in Hello! Project (either as a new unit or in a generational group) in the near future were announced.
On February 9, it was announced that Goto Sayaka had ended her training
On April 23, it was announced that Hashimoto Momoko had completed her training.
On May 29, it was announced that Inoue Hikaru had completed her training.
On June 9, during the Hello! Project Kenshuusei Happyoukai 2018 6gatsu ~Niji~ in Tokyo, it was announced that Shimakura Rika, Nishida Shiori, and Eguchi Saya were chosen to join the new group led by Ichioka Reina that would debut later in 2018. It was also announced that Maeda Kokoro, Yamazaki Yuhane, and Okamura Minami were selected to join the second new group which already includes Takase Kurumi and Kiyono Momohime and would debut later in 2018.
On July 14, the promoted member profiles were removed from the Hello Pro Kenshuusei page on the Hello! Project site.
On January 16, it was revealed that Kodama Sakiko has ended her training.
On April 2, Kusunoki Mei's profile was removed from Hello Pro Kenshuusei's artist profile, indicating that she had left the program.
On July 11, a unit within the program was announced consisting of a rotating line-up of members of Hello Pro Kenshuusei or Hello Pro Kenshuusei Hokkaido, simply called the Hello Pro Kenshuusei Unit. The unit was formed in order to check members' activities more closely as they aim to make their debut. They will perform at Hello! Project concerts like a major group so they can improve their skills. Depending the situation, members may be replaced once their trainee or unit activities have been checked. The starting members are Yonemura Kirara, Ishiguri Kanami, Kubota Nanami, Kanemitsu Ruru, and Saito Madoka.
On July 26, the list of members appearing in Hello! Project Kenshuusei Happyoukai 2019 9gatsu ~Kira~ was released, and it was announced that Ono Kotomi and Shutto Anna had both completed their training.
On December 29, Kanemitsu Ruru's profile was removed from the Hello! Project website, indicating that she resigned from Hello Pro Kenshuusei.
On December 30, it was announced that a new Hello Pro Kenshuusei radio show called Hello Pro Kenshuusei no Tadaima Radio Benkyouchuu!! would begin airing on January 5 in the time-slot previously belonging to Country Girls's radio show Country Girls no Tadaima Radio Housouchuu!!.
On April 20, an official joint staff Twitter account with Hello Pro Kenshuusei Hokkaido was opened.
On March 7, it was announced by Fukumura Mizuki at the end of the first Hello! Project Kenshuusei Happyoukai 2021 3gatsu ~Yell~ recital that Yonemura Kirara, Ishiguri Kanami, Kubota Nanami and Saito Madoka will be debuting in a new Hello! Project group within the year, with more members being added to the line-up in the future.
- See also: Hello Pro Kenshuusei Discography
- Indies Singles
- [2012.09.23] Kanojo ni Naritai!!! - Miyamoto Karin, Tanabe Nanami, Hamaura Ayano, Taguchi Natsumi, Otsuka Aina
- [2013.06.08] Ten Made Nobore! (Hello! Project Kenshuusei feat. Juice=Juice)
- [2013.12.21] Oheso no Kuni Kara Konnichiwa / Ten Made Nobore! (DVD single)
- Soundtrack Singles
- Digital Songs
- [2017.06.02] Hello! Massara no Jibun
- [2017.06.30] Isshakudama de Buppanase!
- [2017.09.08] Arigatameiwaku Monogatari
- Original Songs
-  Warui Hito (悪いヒト; Bad Person)
-  Edo Kara Chakushin!? ~Timeslip to Kengai!~
-  Hakujaden ~White Lovers~
-  Reverse! ~ Watashi no Karada Doko Desu ka?
-  Ojigi 30do On Stage
-  Berryz Koubou VS Berryz Koubou
-  Ojigi de Shape Up!
-  Shugo Chara!
-  Fashionable
-  Sanokuen Shoujo
-  Akuma no Tsubuyaki
-  Ima ga Itsuka ni Naru Mae ni
-  Reborn ~Inochi no Audition~
-  1974 (Ikunayo)
-  STRONGER
-  Nettai Danshi (熱帯男子)
-  Sakura no Hanataba
-  Bokutachi Karen na Shounen Gasshoudan
-  LILIUM -Lilium Shoujo Junketsu Kageki-
-  SMILE FANTASY!
-  Kurukuru to Shi to Shitto
-  TRIANGLE
-  Zoku 11nin Iru! Higashi no Chihei, Nishi no Towa
-  Mode
-  Nega Poji Poji
-  Bokutachi Karen na Shounen Gasshoudan (2017)
-  Pharaoh no Haka ~Hebi Ou Sneferu~
-  Harukanaru Toki no Naka de 6 Gaiden ~Tasogare no Kamen~
Hello Pro Kenshuusei Units
- Tomoiki Ki wo Uetai (2005–2010)
- THE Possible (2006–2007)
- Shugo Chara Egg! (2008–2010)
- S/mileage (2009–2010)
- Juice=Juice (2013)
- Kobushi Factory (2015)
- Tsubaki Factory (2015-2017)
- CHICA#TETSU (2017-2019)
- Ame no Mori Kawa Umi (2017-2019)
- Hello Pro Kenshuusei Unit (2019-2021)
- 2021 New Unit (2021-present)
Acts featuring Eggs / Kenshuusei 
Only acts under UP-FRONT GROUP
- v-u-den (Okada Yui)
- ℃-ute (Arihara Kanna)
- THE Possible / Ciao Bella Cinquetti
- Ongaku Gatas (Korenaga Miki, Sengoku Minami, Noto Arisa, Sawada Yuri, Muto Mika, Mano Erina)
- MilkyWay (Kitahara Sayaka, Kikkawa Yuu)
- High-King (Maeda Yuuka)
- Shin Minimoni
- ZYX-α (Wada Ayaka, Ogawa Saki)
- Aa! (Saho Akari)
- HAPPY! STYLE (Noto Arisa)
- Oha Girl Maple (Ogawa Saki)
- Reborn Eleven (Sengoku Minami, Mori Saki, Fukumura Mizuki, Miyamoto Karin, Kudo Haruka)
- StylipS (Noto Arisa)
- Team Okai (all members except Okai Chisato)
- Peaberry (Wada Ayaka)
- Harvest (Takeuchi Akari)
- HI-FIN (Fukuda Kanon)
- Jurin (Miyamoto Karin)
- Sato no Akari (Katsuta Rina, Uemura Akari)
- Triplet (Takagi Sayuki, Kudo Haruka)
- Kobushi Factory
- Kamiishinaka Kana (Kanazawa Tomoko)
- Country Girls (Yamaki Risa, Inaba Manaka, Yanagawa Nanami, Funaki Musubu)
- College Cosmos (Yamaki Risa)
- Morning Musume (Linlin, Fukumura Mizuki, Kudo Haruka, Oda Sakura, Makino Maria, Haga Akane, Kaga Kaede, Yokoyama Reina)
- Mano Erina (soloist)
- Kikkawa Yuu (soloist)
- Kitahara Sayaka (soloist)
- ANGERME (Wada Ayaka, Maeda Yuuka, Fukuda Kanon, Ogawa Saki, Takeuchi Akari, Katsuta Rina, Kosuga Fuyuka, Murota Mizuki, Aikawa Maho, Sasaki Rikako, Kasahara Momona, Kawamura Ayano, Funaki Musubu, Hashisako Rin, Tamenaga Shion)
- Up Up Girls (Kakko Kari) (Sengoku Minami, Furukawa Konatsu, Mori Saki, Sato Ayano, Saho Akari, Sekine Azusa, Arai Manami)
- Juice=Juice (Kanazawa Tomoko, Takagi Sayuki, Otsuka Aina, Miyamoto Karin, Uemura Akari, Dambara Ruru, Yanagawa Nanami, Inaba Manaka, Matsunaga Riai, Inoue Rei, Ebata Kisaki, Arisawa Ichika)
- Hello! Project Station Dance Club (Makino Maria, Kaga Kaede, Takeuchi Akari, Sasaki Rikako, Murota Mizuki, Funaki Musubu, Miyamoto Karin, Dambara Ruru, Inaba Manaka, Hamaura Ayano, Yamagishi Riko, Akiyama Mao)
- Tsubaki Factory (Yamagishi Riko, Ogata Risa, Niinuma Kisora, Tanimoto Ami, Kishimoto Yumeno, Asakura Kiki, Ono Mizuho, Onoda Saori, Akiyama Mao, Yofu Runo)
- UP-FRONT esports club (Furukawa Konatsu, Arai Manami, Yokoyama Reina)
- Minis? (Funaki Musubu)
- BEYOOOOONDS (Ichioka Reina, Shimakura Rika, Nishida Shiori, Eguchi Saya, Takase Kurumi, Maeda Kokoro, Yamazaki Yuhane, Okamura Minami, Kiyono Momohime)
- Hello Pro Kenshuusei Members
- Hello Pro Kenshuusei Discography
- Hello Pro Kenshuusei Concerts & Events
- Hello! Project Kenshuusei Annual Test
- Hello! Project Kenshuusei Auditions
- Gallery:Hello Pro Kenshuusei
- Gallery:Hello Pro Kenshuusei Music Videos
- "Juice=Juice 新メンバー発表スペシャル" (in Japanese). Juice=Juice (via YouTube). 2019-06-14.
- "Juice=Juice 新メンバー決定！" (in Japanese). Hello! Project. 2019-06-14.
- "【ハロ！ステ#296】アンジュルム新体制に関するお知らせ、Juice=Juice武道館ドキュメント、モーニング娘。'19 LIVE！MC：山﨑夢羽＆岡村美波" (in Japanese). Hello! Project Station (via YouTube). 2019-07-03.
- "アンジュルム 新メンバー加入決定！" (in Japanese). Hello! Project. 2019-07-03.
- "ハロプロ研修生の新体制について" (in Japanese). Hello! Project. 2019-07-11.
- "ハロプロ研修生の新体制について" (in Japanese). UP-FC. 2019-07-11.
- "「Hello! Project 研修生発表会 2019 9月」タイトル・出演者・チケット発売日決定！" (in Japanese). Hello! Project. 2019-07-26. (Archived)
- "ハロプロ研修生出演 ラジオ日本「ハロプロ研修生の只今ラジオ勉強中！！」新番組スタートのお知らせ" (in Japanese). Hello! Project. 2019-12-30.
- "アンジュルム 新メンバー決定！" (in Japanese). Hello! Project. 2020-11-02.
- "ハロプロ研修生に新メンバー加入のお知らせ" (in Japanese). Hello! Project 2020-11-04.
- "ハロプロ研修生 メンバー活動終了のお知らせ" (in Japanese). Hello! Project. 2021-04-23.
- "「Juice=Juice」「つばきファクトリー」 新メンバー決定！" (in Japanese). Hello! Project. 2021-07-07.
- "Hello! Project "Kenshuusei" Audition website" (in Japanese).
- Hello Pro Kenshuusei Official Website
- Hello Pro Egg Official FC Website
- Hello! Project "Kenshuusei" Audition page
- Official YouTube Channel
- Wikipedia: English, Japanese