Hello! Project Shin Member Audition (ハロー！プロジェクト新メンバーオーディション) was the audition for new members to join Hello! Project as part of their 20th anniversary celebrations in 2018. It was announced on July 15, 2017 at Hello! Project 2017 SUMMER ~HELLO! MEETING~.
Audition Details[edit | edit source]
- Application Requirements:
- Female, minimum of 9 years of age and maximum of 17 years of age by July 15, 2017.
- Must be able to attend lessons in Tokyo.
- Must not currently be under contract with any agencies.
- Must have consent from legal guardian if under the age of 15.
- Application Deadline: August 14, 2017
- Total Applicants: Unknown
- Dance Instructor: Mitsubachi Maki
- Singing Instructor: Marron
- Shoujotachi no Ketsudan ~Micchaku!! Hello! Project 20 Shuunen Audition~ on AbemaTV
- Extras on AbemaVideo
Broadcast[edit | edit source]
On November 13, 2017, a AbemaTV program following the audition, titled Shoujotachi no Ketsudan ~Micchaku!! Hello! Project 20 Shuunen Audition~ (少女たちの決断〜密着!!ハロー!プロジェクト20周年オーディション〜; Girls' Decisions ~Close Coverage!! Hello! Project 20th Anniversary Audition~), began. To make the audition memorable, the program showed full close coverage of the audition for the first time since 2011. In addition, various past and current Hello! Project members watched and commented on the audition process from a studio. Unreleased footage and stories from the audition were also uploaded onto AbemaVideo. The show ended on December 18, 2017 with a total of 10 episodes.
After the results were announced in episode six, the last four episodes focused on the finalists who did not pass, but then decided to join Hello Pro Kenshuusei, and them practicing for the Hello! Project Kenshuusei Happyoukai 2017 12gatsu ~Conti→New!~.
Audition Process[edit | edit source]
First Round[edit | edit source]
The application deadline was on August 14, 2017 at noon.
Screening of the primary documents was completed on August 25, 2017, and it was announced that successful applicants would be sent information on the second round screening through the mail.
Second Round[edit | edit source]
In this round the girls had to:
- Show a special skill.
- Sing a song of their choice.
- Give a performance to the rhythm of "Shalala! Yareru Hazu sa"
Identified participants in this round are:
- (103) Matsubara Yuriya
- (107) Kanemitsu Ruru
- (113) Tamenaga Shion
- (122) Ogura Shiho
- (123) Ogura Miho
- (124) Kubota Nanami
- (126) Shutto Anna
- (174) Goto Sayaka
- (176) Hashimoto Momoko
- (177) Hiromoto Ruri
- (180) Kodama Mai
- (Unknown) Hirai Miyo
- (Unknown) Mineta Himena
Final Round[edit | edit source]
The final round took place in October 2017. The finalists had to learn to perform "Jealousy Jealousy" as a group for their final evaluation all in one day. Mitsubachi Maki was in charge of dance lessons, and marron was in charge of singing lessons and divided parts of the song to the girls.
8 girls were chosen to participate. They include:
- Kodama Mai (児玉麻衣), 15
- Hashimoto Momoko (橋本桃呼), 14
- Goto Sayaka (後藤咲香), 14
- Tamenaga Shion (為永幸音), 13
- Kubota Nanami (窪田七海), 13
- Shutto Anna (出頭杏奈), 12
- Kanemitsu Ruru (金光留々), 12
- Matsubara Yuriya (松原ユリヤ), 9
Results[edit | edit source]
Nishiguchi Takeshi revealed there were no winners. He invited all of the girls to join Hello Pro Kenshuusei to gain more experience, but told them to discuss their decision with their parents first.
All of the finalists except for Kodama Mai accepted their invitations, and they were introduced and did a dance performance of "Jealousy Jealousy" together in the Hello! Project Kenshuusei Happyoukai 2017 12gatsu ~Conti→New!~ on December 10, 2017 at Zepp Tokyo.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The audition website stated that applicants would have a chance to join any of the main groups, the new group, or Engeki Joshibu.
- The following former and current Hello! Project members were narrators for Shoujotachi no Ketsudan ~Micchaku!! Hello! Project 20 Shuunen Audition~: Michishige Sayumi from episodes one to three, Mano Erina from episodes four to seven, Nonaka Miki for episodes eight and nine, and Nakajima Saki for the final tenth episode.
- Michishige Sayumi wanted to cheer on the audition candidates after seeing them do their best. She also wondered to herself which group the candidates would join or which group certain girls would fit in with.
- Okai Chisato hoped for Matsubara Yuriya to pass the audition, while Tanaka Reina hoped for Kanemitsu Ruru to pass.
- Takahashi Ai liked Kodama Mai.
- Kodama Mai rejected the invitation to join Hello Pro Kenshuusei twice. The other time being after not passing the Morning Musume '16 Shinseiki Audition. Her reason was the desire was to join Morning Musume as well as entering High School soon.
- Hirai Miyo entered the Hello! Project "ONLY YOU" Audition in 2018 and won to become a member of BEYOOOOONDS in December 2018.
- Hiromoto Ruri joined Hello Pro Kenshuusei in August 2019.
- Goto, Hashimoto, Shutto and Kanemitsu later on left Hello Pro Kenshuusei in February 2018, April 2018, July 2019 and December 2019 respectively.
- Finally on 2nd November 2020 Tamenaga debuted as a 9th generation ANGERME member. Until then fans called, the Kenshuusei generation created by this audition, 'the cursed generation' due to the members withdrawing one after another.
- On 7th March 2021, Kubota will debut in a new group in late 2021.
Videos[edit | edit source]
Gallery[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]