|Nicknames||Heike Michiyo (平家みちよ), Michiyo (みちよ)|
|Born||April 6, 1979|
|Agency||UP-FRONT AGENCY (1997-2002)|
|Label||Warner Music Japan / WEA Japan (1997-2001)|
SWEET HYSTERIA RECORDS / One Spirit Music (2004-2005)
|Associated Acts||Kiiro 5, 7nin Matsuri, Sexy 8|
|Website||Official Web Site|
Heike Michiyo (平家充代; Hello! Project stage name, 平家みちよ), later known simply as Michiyo (みちよ), is a Japanese pop singer.
She left Hello! Project in 2002, and went on to become an indie soloist producing her own music.
Heike Michiyo was born on April 6, 1979, in Nabari, Mie, Japan. She began writing songs in middle school.
The finale of the show took place on September 7. In the final episode, the number of girls was narrowed down to 11 from out of 9,900 applicants. All of the finalists were tasked with singing an original song, penned by Tsunku, called "GET". Heike would eventually win the whole audition despite forgetting the lyrics to the song in the final. However, plans were diverted, and Heike was given a solo career instead of joining the band.
On November 6, her first live event was held at Nippon Budokan to an audience of ten thousand people.
Starting October 4, she also had her own radio show called Heike Michiyo Teenage Beat!, which lasted until the beginning of 1999.
On April 3, she started another radio show, Heike Michiyo Weekend Rendezvous to replace Heike Michiyo Teenage Beat!. This show ran for over two years before ending in September 2001.
In October, she joined the late-night mini-series Bishoujo Nikki and Bishoujo Nikki 2.
In 2000, Heike was interviewed for Dreamcast Magazine, where she was asked by the interviewer whether she was bitter about the fact that Morning Musume, a group formed out of five runner-ups from the audition she won, had become a national idol group while Heike's career was not as popular in comparison. Her response was as follows:
- "I have been observing the unit’s progress closely, and the members have been working so hard, so I have never felt bitter. But, whenever we had the joint live concerts, most of the audience were obviously the fans of Morning Musume, and I couldn’t understand why at first. I mean, I never wondered why Morning Musume was appealing, but I wondered why I couldn't get as much attention from those people. So I was performing, hoping to gain as much of their attention as I could in any way possible. My intention and the effort seemed to be paid off, for I now have a lot of steady fans who have been supporting me for 2 years. I am happy with the way it turned out."
In April, she joined the Tokyo late-night mini-series Bishoujo Kyouiku that lasted until September of the same year.
In May, she starred in the musical LOVE Century ~Yume wa Minakerya Hajimaranai~, along with Morning Musume.
In July, Heike participated in the shuffle unit 7nin Matsuri.
In October, she joined the late-night mini-series Shin Bishoujo Nikki, that lasted until March 2002.
In July, Heike participated in the shuffle unit Sexy 8.
From November 1 to 7, Heike held her last concert tour under Hello! Project, Heike Michiyo "Sotsugyou Memorial Live". She officially graduated from Hello! Project on the final day of the tour.
After her graduation, she remained out of the spotlight for a few years, before releasing her first independent album as a solo artist in 2004. The album was titled JECICA, and was released under record label Sweet Hysteria Records. She also changed her stage name to Michiyo in hiragana to re-brand herself.
The same year she held a concert called JECICA Hatsubai Kinen/Azamazaka Tour '04.
Six months later, she released a DVD titled Sweets of JECICA with three music videos and a documentary, which was only for sale through her website.
In the beginning of 2005, Michiyo released a fanclub-only single entitled "Ran・RUN・Ran", and the following month, she released her second solo album, Koimizuki. Following the album, she went on a tour called Koimizuki Hatsubai Kinen/Azamazaka Tour '05. She had another tour later the same year called Michiyo Tour 2005 "unaffected".
In March, Michiyo announced on her blog that she was three months pregnant and had married the father of her child. On November 1 that same year, she gave birth to a baby girl.
In 2008, Heike got sick during a live performance and had to step down to take the rest she needed.
In late 2008 and early 2009 she released three talk CDs with Yoshikawa Nami, titled Nami-chan to Michiyo no KIRAKIRA ☆ TALK, which were compilations of recordings from a radio show issued by Top Brain (a publishing company that specializes on DIY and self-help merchandise like books, CDs, DVDs, interviews and articles). Yoshikawa Nammi was a motivational speaker, essayist, writer, and author who teaches the same philosophy as "Murphy's Law", but specifically catering the idea towards women, quite similar to Tony Robbins. Volume 1 was "The Women's Guide on How to Make Your Dreams Come True", Volume 2 was "The Women's Guide on How to Train Your Subconscious Brain", and Volume 3 was "The Women's Guide on How to Become Rich".
In 2011, Michiyo's blog was shut down.
On October 13, at 12:23 A.M., she gave birth to her second child, a son.
On December 31, Heike made her first Hello! Project-related performance in 11 years at Hello!Project COUNTDOWN PARTY 2013 ~GOOD BYE & HELLO!~.
In December, Heike announced that she would be a guest at TV Tokyo’s Imaichi Dakedo Happy Jinsei. She also announced she would hold a mini live called "Michiyo Acoustic Mini Live" or "Michiyo Nenmatsu Special Mini Live" at Miiya Cafe in Tokyo on the 20th. Fans who purchased a CD at the live venue got a chance to attend a handshake event afterwards. This was her first solo live show in six years. According to fan reports, Iida Kaori was in the audience, as well as Saito Hitomi, Murata Megumi and Otani Masae. Heike performed the songs JECICA, Love Line, GET, Promise, RAINBOW, Shiroi Suna, Sakuseichuu no Uta (Sebinomi), Kite, and Promise.
In January, a special segment with Heike was aired on TV about her debut 17 years ago and her work up until the present. They also showed footage from her live show on the December 20, 2014.
She appeared on the Shikujiri Sensei Ore Mitai ni Naru na!! ~Shippai Jinsei! Chotto Matte 3jikan SP~ in April, where she spoke about how she made her debut in front of 10,000 people, then ending up in the shadow of Morning Musume and never getting the same fame after that. One of the show segments was called "Don't Become Like Me!", in which she acted as a teacher, complaining about what is important for those working towards their goals not to fail.
She also appeared on UTAGE! in May, and made a second appearance on Shikujiri Sensei in the Shikujiri Sensei 2shuu Renzoku!! Natsuyasumi Tokubetsu Jugyou Special in August.
Heike released in January 2017 snippets of some demos she's been working on; an instrumental titled "Piano", a demo song titled "Hikari", and the same demo song in a different tone "Hikari a-mero". She also posted the demo song "Tooku e Kari". She posted a similar clip in 2016, and she also performed it at her 9th Anniversary Acoustic Live.
In 2017, Heike's social media accounts were shut down after the arrest of her husband for selling counterfeit Viagra.
- Name: Heiko Michiyo (平家充代)
- Stage Name: Heike Michiyo (平家みちよ); Michiyo (みちよ)
- Birthdate: April 6, 1979
- Birthplace: Osaka, Osaka Prefecture, Japan
- Blood type: B
- Hello! Project Status:
- [1997.08.31] Member
- [2002.11.07] Graduated
- Eastern Zodiac: Goat
- Western Zodiac: Aries
- Hello! Project Shuffle Groups:
- Hobbies: Visiting shrines, traveling abroad, writing novels, aroma, wiping the floor
- Favorite Foods: Pollock roe, crab, peperoncino
- Least Favorite Foods: Celery
- Favorite Words: Confidence, charm
- Favorite Places: Home, Los Angeles, Hawaii, places where it's sunny
- Favorite Brands: Justin Davis, Cartier, VelVet Stone, Play boy
- Favorite Songs: true colors (Cyndi Lauper), Gangsta's Paradise (Coolio), You Gotta Be (Des'ree), Habanera (Bizet), Vltava (B. Smetana), Concerto for Two Violins (Bach)
- Looks Up To: Johann Sebastian Bach
- Under Hello! Project
- As Michiyo (independent)
- Under Hello! Project
- [1997.11.05] GET
- [1998.02.15] Sotsugyou ~TOP OF THE WORLD~
- [1998.07.01] Daikirai
- [1998.10.25] Dakedo Aishisugite
- [1999.02.10] Anata no Yume ni Naritai
- [1999.07.28] scene
- [2000.05.17] One Room Natsu no Koi Monogatari
- [2000.08.09] Ai no Chikara
- [2001.02.07] Kekkyoku Bye Bye Bye
- [2001.11.07] Propose
- [2002.06.05] Murasaki Shikibu
- As Michiyo (independent)
- As Michiyo (independent)
- Tooku e (遠くへ) (Sung live at "Michiyo ~9th Anniversary Acoustic Live~")
- CRYSTAL SKY (Sung live at "Michiyo 11th Anniversary Acoustic Live ~CRYSTAL SKY~")
- story (Sung live at "Michiyo 11th Anniversary Acoustic Live ~CRYSTAL SKY~")
- Tonari (Kari) (トナリ (仮)) (Revealed from a Tweet she posted on November 10, 2014 stating she discovered a list of songs from a a few years ago)
- [2004.09.30] Sweets of JECICA
- Talk CDs
- [2008.11.05] Nami-chan to Michiyo no Kirakira☆Talk Vol. 1 (なみちゃんとみちよのキラキラ☆トーク VOL.1)
- [2009.01.05] Nami-chan to Michiyo no Kirakira☆Talk Vol. 2 (なみちゃんとみちよのキラキラ☆トーク VOL.2)
- [2009.03.05] Nami-chan to Michiyo no Kirakira☆Talk Vol. 3 (なみちゃんとみちよのキラキラ☆トーク VOL.3)
-  Heike Michiyo "Sotsugyou Memorial Live" (平家みちよ「卒業メモリアルライブ」)
-  JECICA Hatsubai Kinen/Azamazaka Tour '04 (「JECICA発売記念・東阪ツアー'04」)
-  Koimizuki Hatsubai Kinen/Azamazaka Tour '05 (「恋水姫発売記念・東阪ツアー'05」)
-  Michiyo Tour 2005 "unaffected" (みちよ Tour 2005 『unaffected』)
Discography Participated InEdit
- Heike Michiyo, Morning Musume First Concert "HELLO!"
- Hello! Project Happy New Year '99
- Morning Musume Memory Seishun no Hikari Tour (special guest)
- Hello! Project '99
- Hello! Project Happy New Year 2000
- Hello! Project 2000 Atsumare! Summer Party
- Hello! Project 2001 Sugoizo! 21seiki
- Hello! Project 2001 TOGETHER! Summer Party!
- Hello! Project 2002 ~Kotoshi mo Sugoizo!~
- Matsuura Aya First Concert Tour 2002 Haru "First Date" (special guest)
- Morning Musume CONCERT TOUR 2001 "Live Revolution Haru" (special guest)
- Hello! Project 2002 ~ONE HAPPY SUMMER DAY~
- Hello! Project COUNTDOWN PARTY 2013 ~GOOD BYE & HELLO!~
- [1998.04.07-1998.06.30] Taiyou Musume to Umi
- [1998.10.02-1998.02.18] Wine Musume Koi Monogatari
- [1999.01.05-1999.12.28] Idol wo Sagase!
- [2000.01.04-2000.03.29] Morning Musume no Heso (モーニング娘。のへそ)
- [2000.10.02-2001.03.30] Bishoujo Nikki, Bishoujo Nikki 2 (美・少女日記、美・少女日記2)
- [2001.04.02-2001.09.28] Bishoujo Kyouiku (美少女教育)
- [2001.10.01-2002.03.29] Shin Bishoujo Nikki (新・美少女日記)
- [2002.01.17] Idol wo Sagase! History ~Hello! Project Members Sou Shutsuen!~
- [2002.04.03] Idol wo Sagase! History 2 ~Hello! Project Members Sou Shutsuen!~
- [2002.07.24] Idol wo Sagase! History 3 ~Hello! Project Members Sou Shutsuen!~
- [2002.12.04] Idol wo Sagase! Collection Vol. 1
- [2002.12.04] Idol wo Sagase! Collection Vol. 2
- [1998.04.03-2002.09.27] Sound Planet (サウンドプラネット) (as a regular)
- [1998.10.04-1999.03.28] Heike Michiyo Teenage Beat! (平家みちよ Teenage Beat!)
- [1999.04.03-2001.09.30] Heike Michiyo Weekend Rendezvous (平家みちよ ウィークエンドランデヴー)
- [2001.01-2002.03] Heike Michiyo no Dochira Made (平家みちよのどちらまで)
- [2001.06.10-2002.10.05] Hecchara Heike ★ Yoroshiku Yossui (ヘッチャラ平家★よろしくヨッスィー) (with Yoshizawa Hitomi)
- [2008.03.12] Sound Planet (サウンドプラネット) (as a guest)
- [2001.05.03-2001.05.27] LOVE Century -Yume wa Minakerya Hajimaranai-
- Her love of music began in elementary school, when she studied classical composers. In junior high school, she started writing lyrics and composing.
- She was the first member and leader of Hello! Project.
- Nakazawa Yuko (who is six years older than her) referred to her as "Dai Senpai" or "Big Leader."
- She graduated from high school in Osaka.
- Shares the same birthday with S/mileage member Katsuta Rina.
Total Sales CountEdit
|Year||Year Sales||Total Sales|
- ↑ "Profile" (in Japanese). Michiyo Official Web Site. (Archived)
- ↑ "シャ乱Q・はたけに人生を狂わされた“不運すぎる”平家みちよの「呪われた17年間」" (in Japanese). Excite News. 2015-01-09.
- ↑ "Happy Birthday" (in Japanese). Michiyo[diary]. 2014-10-14. (Archived)
- ↑ "ライブ情報" (in Japanese). Michiyo[diary]. 2014-12-08. (Archived)
- ↑ "みちよ：モー娘の影に隠れた元アイドルがしくじり先生に 17年ぶり地上波ゴールデン" (in Japanese). MANTANWEB. 2015-04-15.
- ↑ "しくじり先生「モー娘。に持ってかれちゃった」みちよ登壇、生徒に伊集院光" (in Japanese). natalie. 2015-04-13.
- ↑ "偽バイアグラ販売で逮捕 90万円近く売り上げか" (in Japanese). TV Asahi. 2017-07-06. (Archived)
|Major Singles||1. GET | 2. Sotsugyou ~TOP OF THE WORLD~ | 3. Daikirai | 4. Dakedo Aishisugite | 5. Anata no Yume ni Naritai | 6. scene | 7. One Room Natsu no Koi Monogatari | 8. Ai no Chikara | 9. Kekkyoku Bye Bye Bye | 10. Propose | 11. Murasaki Shikibu|
|Indies Singles||1. Ran・RUN・Ran | 2. unaffected|
|Major Albums||Original: Teenage Dream|
Best: For ourself ~Single History~
Soundtrack: Morning Cop ~Daite HOLD ON ME!~
|Indies Albums||1. JECICA | 2. Koimizuki | 3. Fantasia|
|Units & Other Acts|
|Associated Acts||Kiiro 5 | 7nin Matsuri | Sexy 8|