Hashimoto first joined Hello Pro Kenshuusei after failing the Hello! Project Shin Member Audition in December 2017 and left after only four months in the program. She was later a challenger on the Last Idol season 3 in August 2018 and won the battle to become the No.1 Temporary Member. She became an official 2nd generation member on September 29, 2018.
Biography[edit | edit source]
Early Life[edit | edit source]
Hashimoto Momoko was born on June 28, 2003 in Yamaguchi, Japan.
2017[edit | edit source]
Over the summer, Hashimoto participated in the Hello! Project Shin Member Audition for a chance to join Hello! Project in commemoration of its 20th anniversary, and made it to the finals alongside seven others before it was ultimately decided that no one would pass the audition.
Following the audition, Hashimoto accepted an invitation to join Hello Pro Kenshuusei and she was introduced alongside Goto Sayaka, Tamenaga Shion, Kubota Nanami, Shutto Anna, Kanemitsu Ruru and Matsubara Yuriya at the Hello! Project Kenshuusei Happyoukai 2017 12gatsu ~Conti→New!~ show on December 10, where they performed a dance cover of "Jealousy Jealousy" together.
2018[edit | edit source]
On April 23, it was announced that Hashimoto had completed her training and therefore left Hello Pro Kenshuusei. It became difficult for her to keep commuting from Yamaguchi to attend lessons in Tokyo when she had five siblings and there was no guarantee she would debut. Since she was also in her last year of middle school, her mother told her it might be better to focus on exams. At that point, Hashimoto had thought of giving up on the entertainment world.
However, she later saw the recruitment for Last Idol season 3, which stated that transportation expenses would be covered, and she told her mother this would be her last chance. With her family's encouragement not to give up on her dream of becoming an idol, she applied.
On August 11, Hashimoto was revealed as a challenger in Last Idol season 3, in which 12 temporary members had to defend their position from challengers in order to debut as 2nd generation members at the end. Hashimoto came out as one of the top three challengers during a three-day and two-night training camp, allowing her to challenge Shinohara Nozomi for her position as the No.1 Temporary Member.
In episode 16 of Last Idol broadcasted on August 25, Hashimoto choose to perform Kobushi Factory's "Ashita Tenki ni Naare" in her battle against Shinohara and successfully replaced her as the No.1 Temporary Member.
On September 29, in the last episode of Last Idol season 3, she was chosen to battle the final challenger Shiraishi Mana, and Hashimoto won with her performance of former AKB48, HKT48 & STU48 member Sashihara Rino's "Soredemo Suki da yo". She officially debuted as a 2nd generation member of Last Idol and would perform as double centers with No.2 member Mizuno Mai for their debut single "Ai Shika Buki ga nai". The next day she opened an official Twitter account.
2019[edit | edit source]
On August 11, it was announced Hashimoto would star in Yuenchi Meshi, SKY PerfecTV!'s 27th Twitter morning drama series that would be posted every day from August 19 to August 24.
Personal Life[edit | edit source]
Hashimoto has five siblings, three sisters and two brothers. Her older sister is named Rara, who Hashimoto describes as an "idol otaku". Her youngest sister was a newborn when she joined Hello Pro Kenshuusei. She has a pet mantis named Sakura.
Hashimoto was in her second year of middle school when she joined Hello Pro Kenshuusei and in her third year when she joined Last Idol. She graduated from middle school in March 2019 and began high school the following April.
Profile[edit | edit source]
- Name: Hashimoto Momoko (橋本桃呼)
- Nicknames: Momo-chan (桃ちゃん), Hashimocchan (はしもっちゃん)
- Birthdate: June 28, 2003
- Birthplace: Yamaguchi, Japan
- Blood Type: AB
- Height: 157 cm (5 ft 1.8 in)?
- Western Zodiac: Cancer
- Eastern Zodiac: Goat
- Hello! Project Status:
- 2017-12-04: Hello Pro Kenshuusei member
- 2018-04-23: Left
- UP-FRONT PROMOTION Status:
- 2017-12-04: Member
- 2018-04-23: Left
- Hello Pro Kenshuusei (2017-2018)
- Last Idol (2018-present)
- Special Skills: Ballroom dancing, mimicry
- Hobbies: Reading, collecting squeeze toys
- Charm Point: Her eyes
- Favorite Music Genre: J-pop
- Favorite Sports: Competitive dancing
- Favorite Food: Dried squid, umeboshi
- Favorite Color: Sakura-color
- Motto: "One for all, all for one"
- Looks Up To: Inoue Rei, Tsugunaga Momoko
Discography Featured In[edit | edit source]
Last Idol[edit | edit source]
- Singles (A-Sides)
- [2018.12.05] Ai Shika Buki ga nai (愛しか武器がない)
- [2019.04.17] Otona Survivor (大人サバイバー)
- [2019.09.11] Seishun Train (青春トレイン)
- [2020.11.24] Nanbito Mo (何人も)
- [2021.04.28] Kimi wa nan Kyaratto? (君は何キャラット?)
Works[edit | edit source]
TV Programs[edit | edit source]
-  Last Idol (ラストアイドル) (season 3)
Web Dramas[edit | edit source]
-  Yuenchi Meshi (遊園地めし; Amusement Park Meal) (SKY PerfecTV! Twitter)
Internet[edit | edit source]
-  Shoujotachi no Ketsudan ~Micchaku!! Hello! Project 20 Shuunen Audition~ (AbemaTV)
- [2017-2018] Hello! Project Station
- [2018-] SHOWROOM
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- She auditioned for Hello! Project because she wanted to get into show business. She kept failing auditions but never gave up and kept trying.
- Her older sister was a fan of S/mileage, and she learned about Hello! Project through her, but she didn't become a fan herself until relatively recently when she discovered Kobushi Factory.
- Her older sister lists Kudo Haruka, Oda Sakura, Makino Maria, Tamura Meimi, Katsuta Rina, Takeuchi Akari, Wada Ayaka, and Nakanishi Kana among her favorites.
- She likes her grandmother's dried squid snacks.
- Okai Chisato said Hashimoto Momoko reminds her of Murakami Megumi. She resembles the strong image that Megumi had.
- Her height to head ratio is 8.
- She has the same last name as THE Possible member Hashimoto Aina, former Hello Pro Kenshuusei member Hashimoto Nagisa, and Hello Pro Kenshuusei Hokkaido member Hashimoto Ririka.
See Also[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]