|Fukuda Asuka promoting "Never Forget / Minna Tabibito"|
|Born||December 17, 1984|
|Agency||UP-FRONT AGENCY (1997-1999)|
|Associated Acts||Morning Musume, PEACE$TONE|
|Joined||September 7, 1997|
|Debut Single||Morning Coffee|
|Last Single||Memory Seishun no Hikari|
|Graduated||April 18, 1999|
|Time in Group||1 Year, 7 Months, 11 Days|
Fukuda Asuka (福田明日香) is a Japanese singer, actress and former vocal coach. She is a former idol under Hello! Project as a founding member of Morning Musume. Later, she was also a part of the reunion group Morning Musume 20th.
Fukuda graduated from Morning Musume in 1999, and didn't return to music until 2011 as a member of the band PEACE$TONE under the name asuka. In addition to being in PEACE$TONE, she also releases music as a solo act.
Fukuda Asuka was born on December 17, 1984 in Tokyo, Japan .
On May 3, 1997, Fukuda participated in an audition held in Tokyo called Sharam Q Josei Rock Vocalist Audition, at only 12 years old.
On July 29, Fukuda (along with 10 other people) had made it to the second stage of the audition, and was sent to training camp to practice her singing and dancing skills.
On July 31, they performed on stage in front of an audience, dancing as a group doing a choreography they had been practicing.
On August 20, Fukuda, along with Nakazawa Yuko, Ishiguro Aya, Iida Kaori, and Abe Natsumi, had been invited back to the ASAYAN studio. They had a meeting with Sharam Q and a producer asking them if they wanted to debut as a group on the condition of selling 50.000 copies of a single within five days.
On September 7, Tsunku named the group Morning Musume, and they started voice training, shoot the CD cover for their indies single Ai no Tane, recorded the song, recorded and released the PV before embarking on the task in November.The quintet accomplished that task on November 30, after just 4 days.
In December, Morning Musume started recording three songs, where one of them would be released as their debut single in January.
On January 28, 1998, Morning Musume released their major debut single, Morning Coffee.
On April 18, she graduated from the group, having the shortest tenure of all members of Morning Musume with only 1 year and 7 months. She stated the reason she graduated was to focus on her studies, although she dropped out of high school not long after her graduation. There was a rumor (possibly generated by the essay book she released a month after her graduation) that she was allegedly bullied by some of the other members due to her young age.
In 2005, she was working as an assistant at her father's nightclub, Philippine, in Tokyo.
In 2006, she was featured on the television show "Kaikan MAP," where it was revealed that she was working as a vocal coach and as a bartender at her parent's nightclub.
There were rumors about her returning to a musical career, but she mentioned that she doesn't want to go back to the world of show business and kept a very low profile.
On September 24, it was announced that Fukuda was now in a band called PEACE$TONE.
On April 16 it was announced that Asuka was married, and pregnant with her first child.
She gave birth to a healthy daughter on February 14.
In April and May, Fukuda held three live radio sessions for her radio show asuka no Kimagure Radio, called Otona no Kyuujitsu Kurabu vol. 1 and vol. 2 (held at Jyugaoka Mardi Gras) and Otona no Kyuujitsu Kurabu vol. 3 (held at music bar CODA).
On July 23, Fukuda announced that she and her husband had divorced in July 2016, four months after the birth of their first child. According to Fukuda, the divorce was the result of the couple's conflicting values and parenting styles.
On November 1, Fukuda was revealed to be a member of a special Morning Musume anniversary unit named Morning Musume 20th that would sing "Ai no Tane (20th Anniversary Ver.)". This was Fukuda's first Morning Musume-related activity in 18 years since her graduation.
On December 22, Fukuda announced she will be making her solo debut in 2018.
On February 14 2018, Fukuda released the digital single "Never Forget / Minna Tabibito". The first being a re-recording of Morning Musume's "Never Forget" and the second a song from PEACE$TONE's album Door's ~Toki no Tabibito~, the group she is currently a part of.
In March, Fukuda released her debut album Sing.
On November 22, Fukuda did an exhibition at Musashi Kosugi "Lucida". Fan items from her time in Morning Musume was on display, and she signed copies of her solo debut album. Fukuda also interacted with fans who came from an Angerme event. 
- Name: Fukuda Asuka (福田明日香)
- Stage name: asuka (2011-present)
- Nickname: ♀asuka, Asukacchi
- Birthdate: December 17, 1984
- Blood Type: B
- Height: 149cm
- Western Zodiac: Sagittarius
- Eastern Zodiac: Rat
- Hello! Project Status:
- 1997-09-07: Member
- 1999-04-18: Graduated
- Years in Morning Musume: 1 year 7 months
- Birth Place: Ota, Tokyo, Japan
- Hobbies: Jazz dancing and looking at the sky
- Special Skills: Ballet and karaoke
- Favorite Food: Pancakes, kidney beans
- Hello! Project groups:
- Morning Musume (1997–1999)
- Other Groups:
- PEACE$TONE (2011-Present)
Discography Participated InEdit
- Morning Musume
- Morning Musume 20th
- [2018.02.07] Hatachi no Morning Musume
- Morning Musume
- [2001.01.31] Best! Morning Musume 1
- [2004.03.31] Best! Morning Musume 2
- [2004.12.15] Morning Musume Early Single Box
- [2007.10.24] Morning Musume ALL SINGLES COMPLETE ~10th ANNIVERSARY~
- [2009.10.07] Morning Musume Zen Single Coupling Collection
- [2013.01.15] Bakufu Tribute Complete
- Morning Musume
- [1998.09.30] Morning Cop ~Daite HOLD ON ME!~
- [xxxx.xx.xx] That's Amore ~Datsumou Musume no Theme~
- Morning Musume
- [1997.11.03] Ai no Tane
- [1998.01.28] Morning Coffee
- [1998.05.27] Summer Night Town
- [1998.09.09] Daite HOLD ON ME!
- [1999.02.10] Memory Seishun no Hikari (Last)
- Morning Musume 20th
- [2017.03.08] Que Sera Sera / Hayabusa wa Omoi wo Nosete
-  Morning Cop
-  Taiyo Musume to Umi (太陽娘と海)
- asuka no Kimagure Radio (asukaの気まぐれラジオ)
- [1999.05.25] Mou Hitori no Asuka (もうひとりの明日香)
- She was Morning Musume's first graduate.
- Around the time she left Hello! Project, she helped musician Yorico get her start by introducing her to her own manager, Wada Kaoru.
- Along with Abe Natsumi, she was one of the group's main singers.
- She was considered to be one of the most talented vocalists the group ever had.
- There was a rumor that she left the group because she was allegedly bullied by some of the other members due to her young age.
- She had the shortest tenure, at only 1 year and 7 months, out of all former members of Morning Musume.
- She was the second shortest member of Morning Musume, while the shortest was Yaguchi Mari.
- She graduated at age 14, which makes her the youngest Morning Musume member to graduate.
- She was the first member to continue being the youngest member after another generation joined; Later on, Kudo Haruka was the second and Haga Akane is the third.
- She shares the same last name as original S/mileage member Fukuda Kanon.
Youngest member of Hello!
Youngest member of Morning Musume
- ↑ "モーニング娘。" (in Japanese). ASAYAN. 1997-09-14.
- ↑ "モーニング娘。'14『結成17年目★再評価のワケとは？ 2014年はさらなる“勝負”へ』" (in Japanese). ORICON NEWS. 2014-01-29.
- ↑ "皆様へ". PEACE$TONE official site. 2015.04.16
- ↑ "元モー娘。福田明日香、第1子出産 ライブにコメント寄せる" (in Japanese). Oricon. 2016-02-14.
- ↑ 月曜日にお届けする
「大人の休日倶楽部vol.1」produced by STONEProject
「大人の休日倶楽部vol.2」produced by STONEProject
「大人の休日倶楽部vol.3」produced by STONEProject
場所：music bar CODA
- ↑ "離婚のご報告" (in Japanese). Asuka Fukuda Official Blog. 2017-07-23.
- ↑ "モー娘。’１７と１期生が合体 ２０年前のインディーズデビュー曲リメイク" (in Japanese). Sponichi Annex. 2017-11-01.
- ↑ Official Twitter (Lucida)
- ↑ Official twitter (Fukuda Asuka)