Danielle Delaunay (Japanese: ダニエル・デラウニー) is a singer. She was one of the original members of Coconuts Musume, being a member of the group from June 1999 to April 2001. She graduated from the group and Hello! Project to pursue her college education.
Following her graduation from Hello! Project in May 2001, she spent a year studying musical theory in Los Angeles, before moving to England to study at the Conservatoire for three years, graduating in 2005. She went on to pursue a theatre career in Hertfordshire, England.
In May 2007, it was announced that she had formed a new band called Delaunay. The band had a promotional deal with Netlive which presented videos, songs and updates about the band over the next six months. They actively performed in London, UK, until they split at the end of the year.
In 2008, she married former Delaunay guitarist Joti Mangat. The couple welcomed their first son later that year, and their second son in 2011.
She currently runs a vocal training studio in Paia, Hawaii called Danielle Delaunay Voice Studio.
- Name: Danielle Delaunay
- Birthday: September 6, 1983
- Birthplace: Maui, Hawaii, United States
- Location: Hertfordshire, England
- Height: 5' 3"
- Western Zodiac: Virgo
- Eastern Zodiac: Pig (Boar in Japan)
- Hello! Project Groups:
- Coconuts Musume (1999-2001)
- Shuffle Groups:
- 2000: Akagumi 4
- Delaunay (2007)
- Original songs
-  Mother Dear
-  Kokoro no Furu Soro (心の降る空) ("Mother Dear" Japanese version)
-  Not Yet At Least
-  Too Close
-  Good Enough
-  Good Enough (Demo)
-  SHOEstring
-  didyouknow
-  Hana no Furu Soro
-  SHOEstring (Demo)
-  Not Yet At Least (Demo)
Singles Featured In
- "Waterworld" Appeared as a photo double for Tina Majorino and was an extra on the set.
- "Baywatch" Co-starring appearance as "Cindy" in the pilot film.
-  Hawaii Five-0 (season 3 episode 1, as Maria Gold)
- "Eve" in production of "The Apple Tree".
- Female lead as "Louisa" in musical production of "The Fantasticks".
- Female lead as "Jaguar" in musical production of "Yanomamo".
- Chorus role in musical production of "Scrooge".
- Female lead as "Little Mary" in musical production of "10 Nights in a Barroom".
- Chorus role in musical production of "Roar of the Greasepaint, Smell of the Crowd".
- Opal Car Commercial
- Clorox Commercial
- Ruebelle Designs Model
- Japanese Fashion Magazine
- Danielle studied Speech Level Singing with Seth Riggs, David Stroud and Joy Fields.
- She graduated from the Conservatoire of Acting and Musical Theatre in 2005.
- She is of Native American descent.
- She was once the face of Ruebelle Designs.
- Despite not being able to speak Japanese, Danielle was known for having a fun, bubbly personality and a great singing voice to match.
- While in Hello! Project, she had a 2 year recording contract as part of Coconuts Musume with Sony Music Japan and Galaxy Productions Japan.
- During one of Morning Musume's trips to Hawaii, Goto Maki was attempting to make a decorative bowl out of a pineapple. Delaunay then cut it into pieces thinking she was trying to gut out the pineapple.
- ^ Danielle Delaunay has not released any solo music on a record label, but she used to upload them to her MySpace site. In 2013, Danielle posted the music video for "Mother Dear."
|1st Generation||Ayaka (Leader) | Chelsea (Former Leader) | April | Danielle | Mika|
|Singles||1. Halation Summer / Summer Night Town (English Version) | 2. DANCE & CHANCE | 3. Tokonatsu Musume | 4. Watashi mo "I LOVE YOU" | 5. Jounetsu Yuki Miraisen|
|Other||Collaborations: Morning Musume Single Medley ~Hawaiian~ | Hawaiian de Kiku Morning Musume Single Collection|
Other: Coconuts Musume | The Single
|Units & Other Acts|
|Associated Acts||Kiiro 5 | Aoiro 7 | Akagumi 4 | Minimoni | 7nin Matsuri | 10nin Matsuri | Happy♡7 | Sexy 8 | Petitmoni | 7AIR | 11WATER | ROMANS | H.P. All Stars|