|Born||September 6, 1983|
|Origin||Maui, Hawaii, United States|
|Agency||UP-FRONT AGENCY (1999-2001)|
|Associated Acts||Coconuts Musume, Akagumi 4, Delaunay|
|Joined||June 27, 1999|
|Debut Single||Halation Summer / Summer Night Town (English Version)|
|Last Single||Watashi mo "I LOVE YOU"|
|Left||May 8, 2001|
Danielle Delaunay (in Japanese: ダニエル・デラウニー, legal name: Danielle Mealani Delaunay
In the years that followed, Delaunay landed more film and television roles, as well as modeling and commercial acting gigs.
In 1995 to 1997/1998, Delaunay auditioned for musical theater productions and entered (and won) karaoke contests statewide.
In 1997/1998, Delaunay spotted a newspaper article about a Sony Music Entertainment Japan-sponsored karaoke contest on Oahu and promptly mailed off an audition package. To her delight, she was selected to compete, and although she made it to the final round, she didn’t win the contest. A few weeks later, she received a surprising phone call: Delaunay was asked to join the Hello! Project group Coconuts Musume.
In 1998, Coconuts Musume made their debut in Japan.
In 2000, Delaunay was part of the Hello! Project shuffle unit Akagumi 4. They released the single Akai Nikkichou. During the Hello! Project Autumn tour Maeda Yuki had taken Delaunay's place in Akagumi 4 for the live performances, as Delaunay had injured her leg.
In April, it was announced on Idol wo Sagase that Danielle would graduate from Coconuts Musume on May 8th to complete her university education. Rumors were spread among fans saying that she had had a nervous break-down, and had to take her time recovering.
Following her graduation from Hello! Project in May 2001, she spent a year studying musical theory in Los Angeles, before moving to England to study at the Conservatoire for three years, graduating in 2005. Delaunay went on to earn a graduate degree in musical theater from the Guildford School of Acting at the University of Surrey and began teaching private voice lessons in London.
In May 2007, it was announced that she had formed a new band called Delaunay. The band had a promotional deal with Netlive which presented videos, songs and updates about the band over the next six months. They actively performed in London, UK, until they split at the end of the year.
From 2007 to 2009, Delaunay uploaded several songs on her MySpace page.
In 2008, she married former Delaunay guitarist Joti Mangat. The couple welcomed their first son later that year, and their second son in 2011.
In 2013, Delaunay starred in Maui OnStage’s production of “Shout! The Mod Musical”.
In 2015, Delaunay graced the Maui Arts & Cultural Center’s Castle Theater stage as Peron’s Mistress in the Maui Academy of Performing Arts’ production of “Evita”.
In 2017, Delaunay served as the musical director for “Disney’s Mulan, Jr.,” a stage musical performed by the students of MAPA’s Summer Musical Theatre Camp. She also starred as Esmeralda in the theater play “The Hunchback of Notre Dame”.
- Name: Danielle Delaunay
- Birthday: September 6, 1983
- Birthplace: Maui, Hawaii, United States
- Location: Hertfordshire, England
- Height: 5' 3"
- Western Zodiac: Virgo
- Eastern Zodiac: Pig (Boar in Japan)
- Hello! Project Groups:
- Coconuts Musume (1999-2001)
- Shuffle Groups:
- 2000: Akagumi 4
- Delaunay (2007)
- Original songs
-  Mother Dear
-  Kokoro no Furu Soro (心の降る空) ("Mother Dear" Japanese version)
-  Not Yet At Least
-  Too Close
-  Good Enough
-  Good Enough (Demo)
-  SHOEstring
-  didyouknow
-  Hana no Furu Soro
-  SHOEstring (Demo)
-  Not Yet At Least (Demo)
Singles Featured In
-  "Baywatch: Panic at Malibu Pier" - Co-starring appearance as "Cindy" in the pilot film.
-  "Waterworld" Appeared as a photo double for Tina Majorino and was an extra on the set.
-  "Aloha Surf Hotel" Co-starring appereance as "Julie" - Post-production.
-  Hawaii Five-0 (season 3 episode 1, as Maria Gold)
- "Eve" in production of "The Apple Tree".
- Female lead as "Louisa" in musical production of "The Fantasticks".
- Female lead as "Jaguar" in musical production of "Yanomamo".
- Chorus role in musical production of "Scrooge".
- Female lead as "Little Mary" in musical production of "10 Nights in a Barroom".
- Chorus role in musical production of "Roar of the Greasepaint, Smell of the Crowd".
- Female lead as "Esmeralda" in the theater play "The Hunchback of Notre Dame".
- Musical director for the stage play “Disney’s Mulan, Jr."
- "Peron's Mistress" in the stage play "Evita".
- Opal Car Commercial
- Clorox Commercial
- Ruebelle Designs Model
- Japanese Fashion Magazine
- Danielle studied Speech Level Singing with Seth Riggs, David Stroud and Joy Fields.
- She graduated from the Conservatoire of Acting and Musical Theatre in 2005.
- She is of Native American descent.
- She was once the face of Ruebelle Designs.
- Despite not being able to speak Japanese, Danielle was known for having a fun, bubbly personality and a great singing voice to match.
- While in Hello! Project, she had a 2 year recording contract as part of Coconuts Musume with Sony Music Japan and Galaxy Productions Japan.
- During one of Morning Musume's trips to Hawaii, Goto Maki was attempting to make a decorative bowl out of a pineapple. Delaunay then cut it into pieces thinking she was trying to gut out the pineapple.
- ^ Danielle Delaunay has not released any solo music on a record label, but she used to upload them to her MySpace site. In 2013, Danielle posted the music video for "Mother Dear."
|1st Generation||Ayaka (Leader) | Chelsea (Former Leader) | April | Danielle | Mika|
|Singles||1. Halation Summer / Summer Night Town (English Version) | 2. DANCE & CHANCE | 3. Tokonatsu Musume | 4. Watashi mo "I LOVE YOU" | 5. Jounetsu Yuki Miraisen|
|Other||Collaborations: Morning Musume Single Medley ~Hawaiian~ | Hawaiian de Kiku Morning Musume Single Collection|
Other: Coconuts Musume | The Single
|Units & Other Acts|
|Associated Acts||Kiiro 5 | Aoiro 7 | Akagumi 4 | Minimoni | 7nin Matsuri | 10nin Matsuri | Happy♡7 | Sexy 8 | Petitmoni | 7AIR | 11WATER | ROMANS | H.P. All Stars|
<ref>tags exist, but no
<references/>tag was found