DEF.DIVA was a short-lived Hello! Project group formed in 2005.
The group name stood for definitive diva.
Members[edit | edit source]
History[edit | edit source]
2005[edit | edit source]
DEF.DIVA was first announced in September, 2005 as a "special unit" for the year. The group was formed by former Morning Musume members Abe Natsumi, Goto Maki, Ishikawa Rika, and soloist Matsuura Aya.
On October 19, DEF.DIVA released their first single, Suki Sugite Baka Mitai. The single debuted at number 1 on the Oricon Chart. It also ranked number 1 for the week it was released and charted for 10 total weeks, selling 46,822 copies overall.
2006[edit | edit source]
On March 25, the group released their first indies single, LET'S GO Rakuten Eagles. This release, which was the 2006 Rakuten Golden Eagles baseball team cheer song, would be their last solo release as a group.
2007[edit | edit source]
Singles[edit | edit source]
- Major Singles
- [2005.10.18] Suki Sugite Baka Mitai
- Indies Singles
- [2006.03.25] LET'S GO Rakuten Eagles
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The year before the groups formation, three of the members (sans Ishikawa) performed as Nochiura Natsumi. It is possible that Abe Natsumi's suspension from Hello! Project in late 2004 for plagiarism led to Nochiura Natsumi's disbanding and DEF.DIVA's formation upon her return.
- Goto Maki and Matsuura Aya had also previously been in Gomattou together.
- At the time of formation, Ishikawa Rika was leading V-u-den, and the other three members of DEF.DIVA had prominent solo careers. This is considered by fans as a possible reason for the group's short-lived tenure.