|Satoda Mai promoting audition|
Country Musume Shin Member Audition (カントリー娘。新メンバーオーディション; Country Musume New Member Audition) was an audition to find new members for the Japanese pop group Country Musume. The audition was announced on February 11, 2014 by sole Country Musume member Satoda Mai.
On August 7, it was announced that the audition had finished; there were no winners.
- Audition Requirements
- Female; 10-17 years old
- Must not currently be under contract with any agencies.
- Must have consent from legal guardian if under age.
- Application Deadline: April 20, 2014
- Total Applicants: N/A
The original application deadline was on March 31, 2014. Due to a large amount of applications submitted, the deadline was extended to April 20, 2014.
The second round started on April 21st. The videotape and profile of each girl was viewed by Tsunku. All the candidates were interviewed during this round.
On July 7 it was announced on the audition website that the second round was finished and continuing candidates would be contacted directly.
On August 7, it was revealed that no winners were selected to joined Country Musume.
- Tsunku hinted at the audition weeks before it was officially announced, saying that he was thinking of restarting the group with new members.
- Satoda Mai announced it via VTR during Hello! Project 2014 WINTER ~GOiSU MODE~.
- Girls who submitted an application in to audition for Hello Pro Kenshuusei were allowed to submit an application in for this audition too.
- All members from Hello Pro Kenshuusei were allowed to participate in this audition.
- Aol made an article on Inaba Manaka of Hello Pro Kenshuusei, suggesting if she would be Satoda Mai's successor and join Country Musume.
- Inaba Manaka later on joined the group in November of 2014 under the groups new name Country Girls.