Akiyama Mao (秋山眞緒) is a Japanese pop singer and dancer under Hello! Project as a member of Tsubaki Factory. She was introduced on May 4, 2015 during the Hello Pro Kenshuusei Happyoukai 2015 ~Haru no Koukai Jitsuryoku Shindan Test~ alongside seven other girls.
Akiyama Mao was born on July 29, 2002 in Osaka, Japan.
On April 1, Akiyama officially joined Hello Pro Kenshuusei. She was formally introduced and participated in the Hello Pro Kenshuusei Happyoukai 2015 ~Haru no Koukai Jitsuryoku Shindan Test~ on May 4 alongside Ono Mizuho, Nakano Rion, Yanagawa Nanami, Maeda Kokoro, Kanatsu Mizuki, Kasahara Momona and Okamoto Honoka.
From October 17 to November 28, she participated in the ℃-ute Concert Tour 2015 Aki ~℃an't STOP!!~ as the Hello Pro Kenshuusei opening act and as a back-up dancer.
On July 31, Akiyama celebrated her 15th birthday at a fanclub event titled Tsubaki Factory Akiyama Mao Birthday Event 2017, featuring two shows at Mt.RAINIER HALL.
On July 25, the comedian duo Joujou Gundan released their debut single "Nakama", which features Akiyama in the B-side "Sunao ni Narenai Sakuranbo" as a member of the fictional group Yamato Nadeshiko Semicolon along with Suzuki Keita and Niinuma Kisora.
On July 30, she celebrated her 16th birthday at a fanclub event titled Tsubaki Factory Akiyama Mao Birthday Event 2018, which featured two shows at TOKYO FM HALL.
On July 29, she celebrated her 17th birthday at a fanclub event titled Tsubaki Factory Akiyama Mao Birthday Event 2019, which featured two shows at Shinjuku ReNY.
On July 29, she celebrated her 18th birthday at a fanclub event titled Tsubaki Factory Akiyama Mao Birthday Event 2020, which featured two shows at Shinjuku ReNY. In compliance with government policy, cheering, crowding, standing, and closeness in the venue were prohibited, and wearing masks were required to enter.
On May 26, she opened up an official Instagram account.
On July 29, she celebrated her 19th birthday at a fanclub event titled Tsubaki Factory Akiyama Mao Birthday Event 2021, which featured two shows at LANDMARK HALL. In compliance with government policy, cheering, crowding, standing, and closeness in the venue were prohibited, and wearing masks were required to enter.
On January 7, it was announced that Akiyama Mao had been diagnosed with COVID-19, and was therefore absent from the January 8 and 9 concerts of the Hello! Project 2022 Winter ~LOVE & PEACE~ tour. A member of her family in Osaka had been confirmed to be diagnosed with COVID-19, and so Akiyama Mao had gone to the hospital to take a PCR test, and had tested positive. She was in stable physical condition, but focused on treatment under the instructions of the public health center and medical institutions.
On January 20, it was announced that after receiving treatment and completing the two-week quarantine period, Akiyama Mao had taken a PCR test and received a negative result. She resumed activities starting with the Hello! Project 2022 Winter ~LOVE & PEACE~ concert on January 22.
Her father, is 58 years old and her mother, Miki, is 54 years old (as of 2021). She has an older sister, Serena, who is 9 years older than her and an older brother, Koichi. The family owns an auto-shop business called "Mickey Auto Company" in Osaka.
The following list are notable friendships Akiyama Mao has acquired:
- Kishimoto Yumeno: She is good friends with Kishimoto Yumeno in Tsubaki Factory.
- Dambara Ruru: She gets along best with Juice=Juice member Dambara Ruru outside Tsubaki Factory.
- Nonaka Miki: She gets along well with Morning Musume member Nonaka Miki.
- Maeda Kokoro: She is good friends with BEYOOOOONDS / Ame no Mori Kawa Umi member Maeda Kokoro.
Akiyama's given name, Mao, consists of the kanji meaning "truth" (眞) and "cord" (緒).Although her parents thought of many names, the doctor suggested Mao. When Akiyama asks for the reason, they tell her the name will always be happy even when she is an adult, and that is why settled for Mao.
- Name: Akiyama Mao (秋山眞緒)
- Nickname: Maopin (まおぴん)
- Birthdate: July 29, 2002
- Birthplace: Osaka, Japan
- Blood Type: B
- Height: 156.5 cm (5 ft 1.6 in)?
- Western Zodiac: Leo
- Eastern Zodiac: Horse
- Hello! Project Status:
- UP-FRONT PROMOTION Status:
- 2015-04-01: Member
- Tsubaki Factory Member Color:
- Light Red
- Hello! Project Groups:
- Shuffle Units:
- REAL LOVE (2017)
- Other Groups:
- Yamato Nadeshiko Semicolon (2018)
- UP-FRONT GROUP Telework Gasshou (2020)
- Main article: Akiyama Mao/Discography
- [2017.11.25] Tsubaki Factory Kishimoto Yumeno & Akiyama Mao Birthday Event 2017
- [2018.11.27] Tsubaki Factory Kishimoto Yumeno・Akiyama Mao Birthday Event 2018
- [2019.11.26] Tsubaki Factory Kishimoto Yumeno・Akiyama Mao Birthday Event 2019
- [2020.12.26] Tsubaki Factory Kishimoto Yumeno・Akiyama Mao Birthday Event 2020
- [2021.11.26] Tsubaki Factory Kishimoto Yumeno・Akiyama Mao Birthday Event 2021
- Main article: Akiyama Mao/Publications
- [2019.02.22] Tsubaki Factory 1st Official Book
- [2016–2019] The Girls Live
- [2019–2020] AI・DOL PROJECT (AI・DOL プロジェクト)
-  Hello! Project presents... "Solo Fes!"
- [2020–2021] Hello Pro! TOKYO Sanpo (ハロプロ!TOKYO散歩)
- [2021–] Ikuze! Tsubaki Factory (行くぜ！つばきファクトリー)
-  Hello! Project presents... "Solo Fes! 2"
- [2015–] Hello! Project Station
- [2016–] Upcoming
- [2017–] tiny tiny
- [2018–] OMAKE CHANNEL
-  Hello Pro no Monohon!
- [2019–2020] Hello Pro Dance Gakuen
- [2019–2020] Hello Pro no Oshigoto Challenge
-  Hello Pro Kouhaku Taiko THE☆BATTLE 2019
-  Hello Pro ONE×ONE
-  Hello Pro Live Jikkyou!
-  Hello! Project presents... "premier seat"
- Her dream was to have a major debut in a new unit. In an interview with Top Yell in July 2016, she said her future dream is to be active in television and be respected by many people.
- She wants to work hard at singing and dancing to become someone that others will look up to.
- She thought everyone was very nice in Hello Pro Kenshuusei and she was happy she learned so much about singing.
- Her rival in Hello Pro Kenshuusei was Ono Mizuho.
- Her favorite genres of dance are waack and hip-hop.
- She has performed in a flash mob promoting a Kobe women's support group, kiDuki, at Kobe Harborland umie.
- She is scared of taking baths alone.
- She studied various dance styles, including waack, hip hop, and house.
- She has the same last name as former THE Possible member Akiyama Yurika.
|Youngest member of Tsubaki Factory
August 13, 2016 – July 7, 2021
- Tsubaki Factory Profile
- Hello Pro Kenshuusei Profile (archived)
- Tsubaki Factory Official Blog
|Hello! Project Dance Club|
|Hello Pro Kenshuusei|