Akiyama Mao was born on July 29, 2002 in Osaka, Japan.
On April 1, Akiyama officially joined Hello Pro Kenshuusei. She was formally introduced and participated in the Hello Pro Kenshuusei Happyoukai 2015 ~Haru no Koukai Jitsuryoku Shindan Test~ on May 4 alongside Ono Mizuho, Nakano Rion, Yanagawa Nanami, Maeda Kokoro, Kanatsu Mizuki, Kasahara Momona and Okamoto Honoka.
From October 17 to November 28, she participated in the ℃-ute Concert Tour 2015 Aki ~℃an't STOP!!~ as the Hello Pro Kenshuusei opening act and as a back-up dancer.
On July 31, Akiyama celebrated her 15th birthday at a fanclub event titled Tsubaki Factory Akiyama Mao Birthday Event 2017, featuring two shows at Mt.RAINIER HALL.
On July 25, the comedian duo Joujou Gundan released their debut single "Nakama", which features Akiyama in the B-side "Sunao ni Narenai Sakuranbo" as a member of the fictional group Yamato Nadeshiko Semicolon along with Suzuki Keita and Niinuma Kisora.
On July 30, she celebrated her 16th birthday at a fanclub event titled Tsubaki Factory Akiyama Mao Birthday Event 2018, which featured two shows at TOKYO FM HALL.
On July 29, she celebrated her 17th birthday at a fanclub event titled Tsubaki Factory Akiyama Mao Birthday Event 2019, which featured two shows at Shinjuku ReNY.
On July 29, she celebrated her 18th birthday at a fanclub event titled Tsubaki Factory Akiyama Mao Birthday Event 2020, which featured two shows at Shinjuku ReNY. In compliance with government policy, cheering, crowding, standing, and closeness in the venue were prohibited, and wearing masks were required to enter.
Her father, is 57 years old and her mother, Miki, is 53 years old (as of 2020). She has an older sister, Serena, who is 9 years older than her and an older brother, Koichi. The family owns an auto-shop business called "Mickey Auto Company" in Osaka.
When Akiyama joined Tsubaki Factory, she was a second year middle school student. She graduated from middle school on March 20, 2018. As of April 2020, she is currently attending her last year of high school.
The following list are notable friendships Akiyama Mao has acquired:
- Kishimoto Yumeno: She is good friends with Kishimoto Yumeno in Tsubaki Factory.
- Dambara Ruru: She gets along best with Juice=Juice member Dambara Ruru outside Tsubaki Factory.
- Nonaka Miki: She gets along well with Morning Musume member Nonaka Miki.
- Maeda Kokoro: She is good friends with BEYOOOOONDS / Ame no Mori Kawa Umi member Maeda Kokoro.
Akiyama's given name, Mao, consists of the kanji meaning "truth" (眞) and "cord" (緒).
Although her parents thought of many names, the doctor suggested Mao. When Akiyama asks for the reason, they tell her the name will always be happy even when she is an adult, and that is why settled for Mao.
- Name: Akiyama Mao (秋山眞緒)
- Nickname: Maopin (まおぴん)
- Birthdate: July 29, 2002
- Birthplace: Osaka, Japan
- Height: 156.5cm
- Blood Type: B
- Western Zodiac: Leo
- Eastern Zodiac: Horse
- Hello! Project Status:
- UP-FRONT PROMOTION Status:
- 2015-04-01: Member
- Tsubaki Factory Member Color: Light Red
- Hello! Project Groups:
- Shuffle Units:
- REAL LOVE (2017)
- Other Groups:
- Yamato Nadeshiko Semicolon (2018)
- UP-FRONT GROUP Telework Gasshou (2020)
- Special Skill: Dance, Bridges
- Hobbies: Dance, Gymnastics
- Favorite Music Genre: Western Music
- Favorite Food: Vegetables and Steak
- Strength: She hates to lose and will work hard at anything
- Weakness: She gives up quickly if she thinks she can't do something
- Least Favorite Food: Green peppers and shiitake mushrooms
- Favorite Color: Rose pink
- Favorite Sport: Cat-and-mouse, Dodgeball
- Charm Point: Her nose, and her forehead
- Motto: Shoujiki wa Issho no Takara (正直は一生の宝; Honesty is life's treasure)
- Favorite Tsubaki Factory Song: Hatsukoi Sunrise
- Favorite Hello! Project song: "Jounetsu Ecstasy", "Jinsei wa STEP!", "Iron Heart", "The Power", "SHALL WE LOVE?", "Nen ni wa Nen"
- Looks Up To: Suzuki Airi, Sasaki Rikako
- [2019.02.22] Tsubaki Factory 1st Official Book
- [2016–2019] The Girls Live
- [2019–2020] AI・DOL PROJECT (AI・DOL プロジェクト)
-  Hello! Project presents... "Solo Fes!"
- [2015–] Hello! Project Station
- [2016–] Upcoming
- [2017–] tiny tiny
- [2018–] OMAKE CHANNEL
-  Hello Pro no Monohon!
- [2019–2020] Hello Pro Dance Gakuen
- [2019–2020] Hello Pro no Oshigoto Challenge
-  Hello Pro Kouhaku Taiko THE☆BATTLE 2019
-  Hello Pro ONE×ONE
-  Hello Pro Live Jikkyou!
- Her dream was to have a major debut in a new unit. In an interview with Top Yell in July 2016, she said her future dream is to be active in television and be respected by many people.
- She wants to work hard at singing and dancing to become someone that others will look up to.
- She thought everyone was very nice in Hello Pro Kenshuusei and she was happy she learned so much about singing.
- Her rival in Hello Pro Kenshuusei was Ono Mizuho.
- Her favorite genres of dance are waack and hip-hop.
- She has performed in a flash mob promoting a Kobe women's support group, kiDuki, at Kobe Harborland umie.
- She is scared of taking baths alone.
- She studied various dance styles, including waack, hip hop, and house.
- She has the same last name as former THE Possible member Akiyama Yurika.
- Gallery:Akiyama Mao
- List:Akiyama Mao Discography Featured In
- List:Akiyama Mao Concert & Event Appearances
- List:Akiyama Mao Publications Featured In
- List:Akiyama Mao Pocket Morning Weekly Q&A
Youngest member of Tsubaki Factory
- ↑ "ハロプロ研修生 新メンバー加入！" (in Japanese). Hello! Project. 2018-04-27.
- ↑ "つばきファクトリー 新メンバー加入決定！" (in Japanese). Hello! Project. 2016-08-13.
- ↑ Akiyama Mao. "ダンス♡♡ 秋山 眞緒" (in Japanese). Tsubaki Factory Official Blog. 2017-01-04.
- ↑ https://twitter.com/sawayakagoro/status/999274082716696576
- ↑ "上々軍団CDデビュー！デビューシングル『仲間』配信スタート！" (in Japanese). Hello! Project. 2018-07-25.
- ↑ "★ファンクラブ会員限定イベント★「つばきファクトリー 秋山眞緒バースデーイベント2020」開催決定！" (in Japanese). UP-FC. 2020-07-02.
- ↑ Akiyama Mao. "今日はですね！！秋山 眞緒" (in Japanese). Tsubaki Factory Official Blog. 2018-03-20.
- ↑ Pocket Morning. 2016-11-06-. (Translation by Ro-kun)
- ↑ ""新メンバー"山岸理子" (in Japanese). Tsubaki Factory Official Blog. 2016-08-13.
- ↑ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwiJWrk3cXc