|Released||March 8, 2000|
|Concurrent||Kiiroi Osora de BOOM BOOM BOOM / Aoi Sports Car no Otoko (2000)|
|Next||Chu! Natsu Party / Summer Reggae! Rainbow / Dancing! Natsu Matsuri (2001)|
Akai Nikkichou (赤い日記帳; Red Diary) is the only single released by the 2000 Hello! Project shuffle unit Akagumi 4. It was released on March 8, 2000. The single reached #2 on the weekly Oricon charts and charted for ten weeks. It also reached #44 on the yearly Oricon charts for 2000.
The single sold a total of 600.000 copies, ranking at #1 on the Oricon music charts. That earned Akagumi4 1st palce in the shuffle competition.
- Akai Nikkichou
- Hello! no Theme (Akagumi 4 version) (Hello!のテーマ; Hello's Theme Song)
- Akai Nikkichou (Instrumental)
- From Morning Musume
- Nakazawa Yuko
- Goto Maki
- From Taiyou to Ciscomoon
- Shinoda Miho
- From Coconuts Musume
- Danielle Delaunay
- Akai Nikkichou
- Hello! Project 2000 ~Atsumare! Summer Party~
- Hello! Project 2001 Sugoi zo! 21seiki
- Morning Musume LOVE IS ALIVE! 2002 Natsu at Yokohama Arena - Goto Maki
- Hello! Project 2005 Winter All-Stars Dairanbu ~A HAPPY NEW POWER! Iida Kaori Sotsugyou Special~ - Yasuda Kei, Tsuji Nozomi, Takahashi Ai, Michishige Sayumi, Inaba Atsuko, Satoda Mai, Kumai Yurina, Suzuki Airi
- Hello! Project 2011 WINTER ~Kangei Shinsen Matsuri~ B kkuri Live - Okai Chisato
- 9→10 Shuunen Kinen ℃-ute Concert Tour 2015 Haru ~The Future Departure~ - Okai Chisato
- Hello! Project 2015 SUMMER ~DISCOVERY~ - Tsugunaga Momoko, Oda Sakura, Nakanishi Kana, Hirose Ayaka
- Juice=Juice LIVE MISSION 220 ~Code3→Growing!~ - Miyazaki Yuka
- Hello! Project 2016 SUMMER ~Rainbow Carnival~ - Yajima Maimi, Wada Ayaka, Kanazawa Tomoko, Ogawa Rena
- Hello! Project Kenshuusei Happyoukai 2017 ~Haru no Koukai Jitsuryoku Shindan Test~ - Ono Kotomi
- Okai Chisato FC Live ① ~Katte ni Hello Pro 20 Shuunen Omedetou! 1998~2006~ -A, Watashi mo Omedetou!- - Okai Chisato
- All lyrics and composition by Tsunku
- Akai Nikkichou
- Hello! no Theme (Akagumi 4 version)
- Arrangement: Maejima Yasuaki
«I’ve held a special event for those who have been very supportive of Michiyo Heike, Morning Musume, Taiyo To Ciscomoon and Coconut Musume. It’s like an event to return favors to the fans. Last summer and this January, we’ve held the collective concerts. I felt very special when I saw the members, who seldom saw each other, gathered together and made efforts to create one great show. My theme for this time is, “How do I express the same energy into the sound?” Goto who is the youngest, Nakazawa and Shinoda who have the rich experience, and Danielle who is a true American girl. It’s an unexpected combination, meaning that the unit holds a huge potential as well. That’s why the preparation took the most time for this group. I think Goto learned a lot from being in this unit. I wanted them to sing beautiful melody and powerful beats. I wanted the unit to reflect the image of red color. Including lyrics and melodies, I think I got that color image part right. I can call this unit a strong vocal unit for sure.»
- Goto Maki and Nakazawa Yuko recorded solo versions of "Akai Nikkichou" on the albums Makking GOLD ① and Together! -Tanpopo, Petit, Mini, Yuko-, respectively.
- The Hello Cover Series versions of "Akai Nikkichou" still have the English intro by Danielle.
- An English cover was recorded by Kuk Harrell as "A Red Diary" for the album Cover Morning Musume!
- The B-side is the opening and ending theme to Hello! Project’s talk show Hello! Morning, originally sung by all the girls, but the version on this single is sung by only the girls in this group.
- Maki Goto were scolded by Tsunku for not caring about the lyrics, and was given homework (!) to understand the emotions of the girl in the lyrics. The three other girls had life experience (being 17, 26, 28 at the time), but Goto, at 14 years old, struggled grasping the context and getting her emotions across.
Total Reported Sales: 507,850
- 1st press: One of out three trading cards.
- Discography: Hello! Project (archived), UP-FRONT WORKS, Tsunku.net
- Wikipedia: Japanese
- Lyrics: Akai Nikkichou
<ref>tags exist, but no
<references/>tag was found