ANGERME (アンジュルム), formerly known as S/mileage (スマイレージ), is a Japanese pop group within Hello! Project. Originally started as an indies Hello Pro Egg unit in 2009, S/mileage was formed by four first generation members with the possibility that the line-up would be shuffled. The group graduated from Hello Pro Egg in 2010 and became full members of Hello! Project. The group changed their name in late 2014 to ANGERME to celebrate the third generation members and signify a turning point in the group's image.
Now comprised of members across nine generations, ANGERME's combined CD and DVD sales exceed 1,000,000 copies in Japan alone. ANGERME's highest selling single is "Watashi wo Tsukuru no wa Watashi / Zenzen Okiagarenai SUNDAY" with 76,558 copies sold, while their lowest selling major label single is "Koi ni Booing Buu!" with 20,954 copies sold.
- 1 Members
- 2 History
- 3 Group Name Origins
- 4 Activities Outside Japan
- 5 Discography
- 6 Publications
- 7 Works
- 8 Awards
- 9 Trivia
- 10 Total Sales Count
- 11 See Also
- 12 References
- 13 External Links
Members[edit | edit source]
- Main article: ANGERME Members
Nov. 23, 1997 (23)
July 7, 1999 (21)
May 28, 2001 (19)
Oct. 24, 1999 (21)
Oct. 22, 2003 (17)
Jan. 19, 2004 (17)
Oct. 6, 2005 (15)
Dec. 6, 2003 (17)
Feb. 9, 2004 (17)
Sept. 1, 2007 (13)
- 1st Generation (2009)
- Wada Ayaka (和田彩花; Red) (Graduated: June 18, 2019; Leader 2009-2019)
- Maeda Yuuka (前田憂佳; Pink) (Graduated: December 31, 2011)
- Fukuda Kanon (福田花音; Hot Pink) (Graduated: November 29, 2015)
- Ogawa Saki (小川紗季; Yellow-Green) (Graduated: August 27, 2011)
- 2nd Generation and Sub-Member (2011)
- Nakanishi Kana (中西香菜; Light Pink) (Graduated: December 10, 2019; Sub-leader 2015-2019)
- Katsuta Rina (勝田里奈; Orange) (Graduated: September 25, 2019)
- Tamura Meimi (田村芽実; Purple) (Graduated: May 30, 2016)
- Kosuga Fuyuka (小数賀芙由香; Orange) (Left: September 9, 2011; Sub-Member)
- 3rd Generation (2014)
- Murota Mizuki (室田瑞希; Light Blue) (Graduated: March 22, 2020)
- Aikawa Maho (相川茉穂; Green) (Graduated: December 31, 2017)
- 6th Generation (2017)
- Funaki Musubu (船木結; Yellow-Green) (Graduated: December 9, 2020; Concurrent Country Girls member, 2015-2019)
- 7th Generation (2018)
- Oota Haruka (太田遥香; Bright Green) (Left: October 13, 2020)
History[edit | edit source]
2004-2009: Prior to Formation[edit | edit source]
In June 2004, Wada Ayaka, Maeda Yuuka, Fukuda Kanon and Ogawa Saki were selected to join the first generation of Hello Pro Egg along with 28 other girls. Prior to debuting, Wada, Maeda and Fukuda were members of the group Shugo Chara Egg!.
2009: Formation[edit | edit source]
On April 4, Tsunku announced a new Hello Pro Egg unit, lineup subject to change, with Wada Ayaka, Maeda Yuuka, Fukuda Kanon and Ogawa Saki as the original members. The group was given the name "S/mileage" on May 8. They would continue activities in Hello Pro Egg while they were an indies unit with plans for a major debut later that year. At some point during this time, Wada Ayaka was announced as the leader of S/mileage.
On June 7, S/mileage's first indie single, "aMa no Jaku", was released and sold at 2009 Hello! Project Shinjin Kouen 6gatsu ~Nakano STEP!~, a Hello Pro Egg concert where the song was also performed.
On September 23, S/mileage released their second indies single, "Asu wa Date na no ni, Imasugu Koe ga Kikitai", which was sold and performed at 2009 Hello! Project Shinjin Kouen 9gatsu ~Yokohama Jump!~.
On November 23, S/mileage released their third indies single, "Suki-chan", which was sold and performed at 2009 Hello! Project Shinjin Kouen 11gatsu ~Yokohama Fire!~. During the concert, a video message from Tsunku was played for S/mileage. Tsunku announced that they would be graduating from Hello Pro Egg and would be making their major debut in 2010 without any member changes.
Some time in December 2009, the group's official name was changed to the katakana version of their name (スマイレージ), though it is still romanized as S/mileage.
2010: Major Debut[edit | edit source]
In January, S/mileage performed alongside major Hello! Project units at Hello! Project 2010 Winter Kachou Fuugetsu.
On February 28, Tsunku announced that in order for the group to debut, 10,000 pictures of people smiling had to be collected by March 25. This could be done through internet submission as well as the members themselves taking pictures at events. If the goal was not achieved, their debut might be postponed or even cancelled. The results would be announced on April 3. If successful, they would debut in May.
On March 14, S/mileage released their fourth indies single, "Otona ni Narutte Muzukashii!!!". This was also the first day of their joint concert with Mano Erina, Special Joint 2010 Haru ~Kansha Mankai! Mano Erina 2 Shuunen Totsunyuu & S/mileage Major Debut e Sakura Sake! Live~.
On April 3, S/mileage performed the last day of their joint concert with Mano Erina. Tsunku announced at the concert that S/mileage would indeed make their major debut and revealed a completed mosaic of the collected pictures. In all, 16,000 pictures were gathered, 3,110 of them by the members themselves. With 135 pictures in a 2-3 hour period, Fukuda Kanon held the record for most amount of pictures at one time.
On April 4, Hime Chen! Otogi Chikku Idol Lilpri premiered. Wada Ayaka, Maeda Yuuka, and Fukuda Kanon provided voices for the main characters and later formed the fictional unit Lilpri to perform songs for the anime. The S/mileage song "Otona ni Narutte Muzukashii!!!" was was used as the first ending theme.
On May 26, S/mileage officially graduated from Hello Pro Egg and released their major debut single, "Yumemiru Fifteen". The song had been previously performed at their concert with Mano Erina as well as Hello Pro Egg events.
On July 28, S/mileage released their second single, "○○ Ganbaranakutemo Eenende!!"
On September 29, S/mileage released their third single, "Onaji Jikyuu de Hataraku Tomodachi no Bijin Mama".
On December 8, S/mileage released their first album, Warugaki ①. It contained all of their singles, both indies and major label, up to that point. It reached #8 on the weekly Oricon chart and sold 11,848 copies.
On November 20, S/mileage was announced to have won a Newcomer Award from the 52nd Japan Record Awards. At the ceremony on December 30 they were additionally announced as the winner of the Best Newcomer Award, beating out other Newcomers ICONIQ, Kikuchi Madoka, and Girls' Generation.
2011: Additions and Departures[edit | edit source]
On February 9, S/mileage released their fourth single, "Short Cut". All members cut their hair short for the single.
On April 3, S/mileage celebrated their first anniversary. In honor of their first anniversary, Tsunku announced that in June, the first audition seeking members for S/mileage would be held, S/mileage Shin Member Boshuu!. He revealed that they were looking for up to six new girls who would be "sub-members" pending a major debut in the group.
On April 20, S/mileage released their fifth single, "Koi ni Booing Buu!".
On August 10, S/mileage released their sixth single, "Uchouten LOVE". It sold 29,328 copies in its first week, making it the highest first-week sales by S/mileage at that time.
It was announced that S/mileage would be on 2011's "24H TV Marathon" alongside ℃-ute.
On August 14, five girls were announced as the winners of the S/mileage audition and were added to the group as sub-members: Nakanishi Kana, Kosuga Fuyuka, and Tamura Meimi, along with two Hello Pro Kenshuusei members, Takeuchi Akari and Katsuta Rina.
On August 24, it was announced on the S/mileage website that Ogawa Saki would graduate from S/mileage and Hello! Project on August 27, 2011, at the live event of Uchouten LOVE at Higashi Betsuin Hall in Nagoya. Due to the last minute announcement, no special graduation or ceremony was held and Ogawa became the first of the original members to leave.
|Thank you for always supporting me.
As of 2011/08/27, Ogawa Saki, will graduate from S/mileage as well as Hello! Project.
Since our major debut last year in May, I have enjoyed every single day as part of S/mileage.
However, somewhere down in my heart, I felt there was a gap between myself and the S/mileage me. I have talked it over with the staff many times and have been constantly worrying about it, and with everyone working their hardest to move forward and myself still uncertain of things, I decided that it was not in the best interest of S/mileage and I will return to being just a normal girl.
I apologize for the last minute announcement.
While there may be feelings of sadness, S/mileage will always be a group with it’s trademark smile!
I’ll be working my hardest to end with a smile until my last event on 8/27, I know there isn’t a lot of time left but I hope you can support me!
The new members will power up S/mileage after I graduate so I hope you’ll continue to support them.
Thank you very much for all your support up til now.
S/mileage Ogawa Saki
On September 9, less than a month after the addition of the new sub-members, it was announced that sub-member Kosuga Fuyuka would be leaving S/mileage due to severe anemia. She would later join Hello Pro Kenshuusei after her long recovery. On September 28, her only single with the group, "Tachiagirl", was released after her departure from the group.
On September 15, it was announced on S/mileage's official YouTube channel that on September 18, the evening performance of S/mileage Concert Tour 2011 Aki ~Gyakushuu no Mini Skirt~ would be streamed live on YouTube at 6PM JST.
On September 18, it was revealed that on October 16, there would be an announcement concerning which sub-member(s) would become full members through a S/mileage photo campaign for the sub-members.
On October 16, at the release event for “Tachiagirl” at the Kanagawa Yokohama Bridge, it was announced that all four sub-members passed and became full members of S/mileage.
|Thank you for always supporting me.
I, Maeda Yuuka, as of 2011/12/31, will be graduating from S/mileage and Hello! Project.
Just the other day at our event, the 4 sub members became official members which made me really happy, but at the same time made me realize that it was this timing that I had to use to tell you all something very important.
Since becoming a high school student, I have been unable to keep up with my S/mileage work and school at the same time and it has bothered me a great deal. I started to think about my future and realized that my desire to attend a university had grown a lot over time. I was wondering if, at this rate, if I would be able to handle both school work and S/mileage, I was really only able to give a half-hearted effort on both things… and was always getting help from other people, and I really disliked that part about me. I thought to myself “Things aren’t going to work out if it keeps going like this”.
I need to work a lot harder if I want to attend a university. But that had always been just talk, up til now nothing had really changed…
If I let these feelings continue, it would not be fair to the other members, nor to all the fans that support me.
I thought a lot about it. I may not be very bright but I put all my energy into thinking about this… and came up with this as the only possible option.
As of now with the four new members joining, it has been a joy to spend every day with the members. To the original members, to the new members, and to all o
Thank you for you who have always supported me, I am very very grateful.
Although it may be sad, we have a new single featuring the 7 of us coming out on 12/28, and I will be working my hardest ever to make this the best one yet!
I am very grateful to so many people, and hope to really enjoy these remaining 2 months, and finish with a smile in the S/mileage way!
Please continue to support Smileage from here on after.
S/mileage Maeda Yuuka
Maeda, who had been a member of S/mileage ever since its formation back in April 2009, commented, “I noticed that my feeling of wanting to go to college has been getting bigger and bigger.” Producer, Tsunku also commented, “Though she could have worn two hats (juggling career & school), she is the type of a girl who wants to put all of her full effort into one thing.”
On December 28, Maeda Yuuka's birthday, S/mileage's released their eighth single, "Please Miniskirt Postwoman!". It was also her final single with S/mileage. Three days later, Maeda graduated from S/mileage and Hello! Project on December 31 at a release event for the single.
2012[edit | edit source]
On May 2, they released their 10th single, "Dot Bikini".
On May 20, they released their first best album, S/mileage Best Album Kanzenban ①.
In late June, they announced their eleventh single, "Suki yo, Junjou Hankouki", to be released on August 22.
On July 28 and 29, S/mileage had their first fanclub tour in Yamanashi.
In late August, not long after the release of their eleventh single on the 22, S/mileage announced their 12th single, "Samui ne.", to be released on November 28. It was also announced that S/mileage would be releasing their second album, in 2013.
2013[edit | edit source]
On March 20, S/mileage released their 13th single, "Tabidachi no Haru ga Kita". On March 22, the single ranked #1 in the daily Oricon charts, making it the first single to reach that position. Two days later, it was announced that their 2nd album, ② Smile Sensation, would be released on May 22.
On July 7, they released their fourteenth single, "Atarashii Watashi ni Nare! / Yattaruchan". It was their first double A-side single.
On November 1, a mini-tour for S/mileage, called S/mileage Live Tour 2013 Aki ~Smile Charge~, was announced on the official Hello! Project website. The tour began on November 12 in Saitama and ended on December 12 in Gunma.
During their concert at Live House in Harajuku, it was announced that they would have their 1st Spring tour called S/mileage Live Tour 2014 Haru ~Smile Charge~, it began on January 23 and ended on May 25.
On December 18, S/mileage released their fifteenth single, "Ee ka!? / "Ii Yatsu"". It ranked #3 in the Oricon's weekly single chart and sold total of 37,141 copies, becoming their highest selling single to date.
2014: Nippon Budokan & Major Changes[edit | edit source]
On March 29, Tsunku announced at Hello! Project Hina Fest 2014 ~Full Course~ via VTR that S/mileage would have their first Budokan Live, S/mileage LIVE 2014 Natsu FULL CHARGE ~715 Nippon Budokan~, on July 15. They were expected to sell at least 8,000 tickets.
On April 30, S/mileage released their sixteenth single, "Mystery Night! / Eighteen Emotion".
On August 2, S/mileage attended the 2014 Tokyo Idol Festival. On August 3, S/mileage also appeared on the SMILE GARDEN live stage as a special opening act.
On August 18, it was announced that S/mileage's official website would be closing on August 31.
On August 20, S/mileage released their seventeenth single, "Aa Susukino / Chikyuu wa Kyou mo Ai wo Hagukumu".
On September 24, S/mileage gave an important announcement during Hello! Project Station: the group would change its name and welcome new members from Hello! Pro Kenshuusei as the 3rd generation. There would be a contest in which fans could submit suggestions for the group's new name.
On November 26, S/mileage performed as the opening for Morning Musume '14 Concert Tour Aki GIVE ME MORE LOVE ~Michishige Sayumi Sotsugyou Kinen Special~ in Yokohama Arena. They performed "Eighteen Emotion" with the 3rd generation, marking this as their first performance as a 9 member line-up.
On December 17, S/mileage's new name was revealed as "ANGERME". The announcement was made on the last day of their 2014 fall tour, S/mileage Live Tour 2014 Aki ~FULL CHARGE~. The name was proposed by second generation member Nakanishi Kana, and comes from a combination of the French words for angel (ange) and tear (larme).
2015[edit | edit source]
On January 2, ANGERME announced they would have a second Budokan concert on May 26.
On February 4, ANGERME released their eighteenth single (and their first under their new name), "Taiki Bansei / Otome no Gyakushuu". It peaked at #1 on the Oricon Daily Chart and sold 48,578 copies, becoming their highest selling single at the time.
On March 18, the final product using the S/mileage name, S/mileage Live Tour 2014 Aki ~FULL CHARGE~ FINAL in O-EAST, was released.
On April 14, the group was announced as one of the ambassadors for the first annual Aidorisai ~Idol Matsuri~ contest in which indie idol groups cover anime songs.
On May 20, Fukuda Kanon announced that she would be graduating from ANGERME and Hello! Project in the fall. It was later confirmed that her graduation would take place at the ANGERME First Concert Tour 2015 Aki "Hyakka Ryouran" finale on November 29 at Nippon Budokan.
On May 26, at ANGERME STARTING LIVE TOUR SPECIAL @ Nippon Budokan "Taiki Bansei", ANGERME announced they would release their 19th single, "Nana Korobi Ya Oki / Gashin Shoutan / Mahou Tsukai Sally", on July 22. "Mahou Tsukai Sally" was the requirement song for the Aidorisai ~Idol Matsuri~ contest.
On August 14, ANGERME performed at TV Asahi's Coca-Cola Summer Station Live.
On August 27, during ANGERME Live Tour 2015 SUMMER / AUTUMN ~FIGHTING NINE~, ANGERME announced that their 20th single would be released on November 4 and that it would be Fukuda Kanon's graduation single. The release date was later changed to November 11, 2015.
On November 11, ANGERME released their 20th single, "Desugita Kui wa Utarenai / Dondengaeshi / Watashi". At the release event for this single, Kamikokuryo Moe was announced as the sole winner of the 2015 ANGERME Shin Member Audition and new fourth generation member of the group.
On November 29, Fukuda Kanon graduated at the ANGERME First Concert Tour 2015 Aki "Hyakka Ryouran" finale at Nippon Budokan.
On December 20, during the ANGERME Christmas fanclub event, it was announced that Tamura Meimi would graduate from ANGERME and Hello! Project in spring 2016.
2016[edit | edit source]
On January 2, at the opening day concert of Hello! Project 2016 WINTER ~DANCING! SINGING! EXCITING!~, Tamura Meimi's graduation date was announced to be on May 30 at Nippon Budokan.
On April 27, ANGERME released their 21st single, "Tsugitsugi Zokuzoku / Itoshima Distance / Koi Nara Tokku ni Hajimatteru." It is the first single to feature Kamikokuryo Moe and the last single to feature Tamura Meimi.
At the first Hello! Project 2016 SUMMER concert on July 16, ANGERME made a surprise announcement that Hello Pro Kenshuusei member Kasahara Momona had joined the group as a fifth generation member.
On October 19, ANGERME released their 22nd single and first single to feature Kasahara Momona, "Umaku Ienai / Ai no Tame Kyou Made Shinka Shite Kita Ningen Ai no Tame Subete Taika Shite Kita Ningen / Wasurete Ageru."
In December, ANGERME collaborated with comedians Joujou Gundan to promote Morinaga DARS's "Dars no Hi" on December 12. They released a web video series in which they cooked with DARS chocolate.
2017[edit | edit source]
On March 25, it was announced that Morning Musume '17 and ANGERME would be featured in a Idol Nama Gassen web service game by Asobista, titled Hello! Project Hina Fest Idol Nama Gassen Kunitori Tenka Touitsu Hen. The "live battle" event was held on April 16, with Miyazaki Yuka standing in for Aikawa Maho.
On April 17, they were appointed as one of the ambassadors for the Aidorisai 2017 ~Idol Matsuri~ contest.
On June 21, ANGERME released their 23rd single, "Ai Sae Areba Nanni mo Iranai / Namida Iro no Ketsui / Majokko Megu-chan". It does not feature Aikawa, who was still on medical hiatus during its production period.
In the June 23 episode of Upcoming, it was announced that ANGERME and Up Up Girls (Kakko Kari) would hold a joint battle of the bands style live on September 12 at Zepp DiverCity. The live, which is sponsored by NTT docomo, is titled NTT docomo presents ANGERME VS Up Up Girls (Kakko Kari) ~THANK YOU! DEAR MY FRIENDS~.
On June 26, it was announced through a special episode of Hello! Project Station that Kawamura Ayano and Funaki Musubu, as a concurrent member from Country Girls, have joined ANGERME as new 6th generation members and would begin activities in the group in the Hello! Project 2017 SUMMER concert tour.
On July 15, Murota Mizuki, Sasaki Rikako, Kamikokuryo Moe, and new member Kawamura Ayano appeared on TBS's Ongaku no Hi 2017 in a pre-recorded performance. They were part of a special Hello! Project unit with Morning Musume '17 and a selection of members from Kobushi Factory and Tsubaki Factory.
On December 13, ANGERME released their first DVD and Blu-ray single, "Manner Mode / Kisokutadashiku Utsukushiku / Kimi Dake ja nai sa...friends", which was also the debut of the 6th generation and the second single released without Aikawa Maho.
On December 31, an announcement was posted to the Hello! Project website, stating that Aikawa Maho had decided to graduate from both ANGERME and Hello! Project, after having been on hiatus from activities for the past eleven months.
2018[edit | edit source]
Throughout the whole month of May, ANGERME opened a pop-up café in collaboration with SWEETS PARADISE in Shinjuku; and only on May 10, at SWEETS PARADISE's Trattoria PARADiSO location in Ikebukuro Sunshine City.
On May 9, ANGERME released their 24th single, "Nakenai ze・・・Kyoukan Sagi / Uraha=Lover / Kimi Dake ja nai sa...friends (2018 Acoustic Ver.)".
On August 12, they performed at the ROCK IN JAPAN FESTIVAL 2018 on the Buzz Stage.
On October 31, ANGERME released their 25th single, "Tade Kuu Mushi mo Like it! / 46okunen LOVE".
On November 19, ANGERME announced they would reveal one or more members during the ANGERME 2018 Aki "Denkousekka" concert on November 23 at Pacifico Yokohama. During the first MC, the new members were revealed to be newcomer Ise Layla from the Hello! Project "ONLY YOU" Audition and Oota Haruka from Hello Pro Kenshuusei Hokkaido. They would start performing with the group after the new year in the Hello! Project 20th Anniversary!! Hello! Project 2019 WINTER concert tour.
On December 29, ANGERME performed at rockin'on presents COUNTDOWN JAPAN 18/19 at Makuhari Messe.
2019[edit | edit source]
On March 22, it was announced that ANGERME was appointed as an official supporter for the Aidorisai 2019 ~Idol Matsuri~ contest along with Juice=Juice, Up Up Girls (Kakko Kari), The World Standard, and Chuning Candy. This is the group's first time being appointed as official supporters for the annual contest after they were ambassadors in 2015 and 2017.
From May 3 to May 26, ANGERME opened a pop-up café named "ANGE/ROOM" in collaboration with AREA-Q in Shibuya.
On May 15, ANGERME released the album Rinnetenshou ~ANGERME Past, Present & Future~.
On May 25, during the night performance of ANGERME Concert Tour 2019 Haru ~Rinnetenshou~ in Chiba, leader Wada Ayaka announced that after her graduation Takeuchi Akari would become the new leader of ANGERME and Kawamura Ayano would become a new sub-leader alongside current sub-leader Nakanishi Kana. Wada declared that seniority is not a rule within ANGERME, and due to age and career history not being important to the group, she saw the opportunity to create a new leadership system based on merit that she hopes would be kept in the future.
On June 18, Wada Ayaka graduated from ANGERME and Hello! Project in the Hello Pro Premium ANGERME Concert Tour 2019 Haru Final Wada Ayaka Sotsugyou Special Rinnetenshou ~Aru Toki Umareta Ai no Teishou~ at Nippon Budokan.
In episode #296 of Hello! Project Station uploaded on July 3, ANGERME made an announcement regarding the group's new system. It was decided that one new member, Hashisako Rin from Hello Pro Kenshuusei, would join the group. She was introduced on stage during the Hello! Project 2019 SUMMER concert tour from July 13.
On August 2, ANGERME performed at TOKYO IDOL FESTIVAL 2019.
On September 25, Katsuta Rina graduated from the group and Hello! Project in the ANGERME 2019 Aki "Next Page" ~Katsuta Rina Sotsugyou Special~ held at Pacifico Yokohama.
On September 28, they will perform in the Rakuten GirlsAward 2019 AUTUMN/WINTER at Makuhari Messe.
On September 30, Nakanishi Kana announced that she will graduate from ANGERME and Hello! Project at the final concert of the ANGERME Live Tour 2019 Natsu Aki "Next Page" at Toyosu PIT on December 10.
On October 18, with the announcement of Country Girls suspending activities, it was announced that Funaki Musubu will be graduating from ANGERME and Hello! Project in March 2020 and taking a break from the entertainment industry in order to study dancing.
On November 20, the group released their 27th single "Watashi wo Tsukuru no wa Watashi / Zenzen Okiagarenai SUNDAY", which is the debut single of Hashisako Rin and last to feature 2nd generation members Katsuta Rina, who graduated two months before its release, and Nakanishi Kana.
On December 29, ANGERME performed at rockin'on presents COUNTDOWN JAPAN 19/20 held at Makuhari Messe.
2020[edit | edit source]
On January 2, during Hello! Project 2020 Winter HELLO! PROJECT IS [ ] ~side A~, ANGERME announced that they would hold an audition for new members, titled ANGERME ONLY ONE Audition ~Watashi wo Tsukuru no wa Watashi~, which opened for applications on January 11.
On January 22, it was announced that Murota Mizuki would graduate from both ANGERME and Hello! Project on March 22 at Hello! Project Hina Fes 2020 <ANGERME Premium>. It was also announced that Funaki Musubu's graduation would be postponed to the end of ANGERME Concert Tour 2020 Haru ROCK ON! LOCK ON! on June 12.
On February 28, it was announced that Oota Haruka has been suspended from all activities for an indeterminate amount of time due to rule violations. Any information on resumption of activities will follow at a later date.
On April 21, it was announced that Funaki Musubu's and Juice=Juice member Miyamoto Karin's graduations set for June 2020 would be postponed to a later date due to the government's declaration of emergency following the spread of the coronavirus getting worse. Both stated that they wanted to graduate in front of an audience, and thus made the decision to postpone their graduations.
On August 26, the group released their 28th single "Kagiriaru Moment / Mirror Mirror".
On November 2, three new members were announced as part of ANGERME's ninth generation: Matsumoto Wakana and Kawana Rin, winners of the ANGERME ONLY ONE Audition ~Watashi wo Tsukuru no wa Watashi~, and Tamenaga Shion from Hello Pro Kenshuusei. The new line-up will make their first performance at the ANGERME Concert 2020 ~Kishotenketsu~ Funaki Musubu Sotsugyou Special on December 9.
On November 27, following a countdown to a surprise collaboration with oral beauty care brand Ora2, the music video for promotional song "SHAKA SHAKA TO LOVE" was released. Alongside the music video, ANGERME also participated in the "Colorful Toothbrush Brush up!" campaign promoting the Ora2 Me line of toothbrushes from November 28 to December 25, during which a lottery to win polaroids of each member was held through Twitter. The song will be released digitally on December 24.
Group Name Origins[edit | edit source]
S/mileage was named by Tsunku. On May 7, 2009, he revealed the group's name to be "S/mileage". He explained that the name "S/mileage" is taken from "Smile," "Mileage," and "Age," and that it means "the age of smiles." The name was later changed from romaji to the katakana reading "スマイレージ".
ANGERME (アンジュルム) was named by second generation member Nakanishi Kana. The name comes from a combination of the French words for ange (angel) and larme (tear). Nakanishi explained that she wanted the members of ANGERME, the angels, to work together to achieve their goals, and once they reach them, be overcome with happiness and cry.
Activities Outside Japan[edit | edit source]
On January 28, 2018, ANGERME announced they would be holding their first overseas concert in Paris, France on June 3. It was later announced in April 2018, that ANGERME would also hold their first Asia tour after their France concert: in South Korea on June 29, Hong Kong on June 30, and Taiwan on July 1. To promote the concerts, they were the first Hello! Project group to hold Facebook and Twitter live Q&A sessions on May 20 and 21.
On September 7, 2019, the group held their first concert in Mexico. A series of Facebook live Q&As with ANGERME members were broadcasted as promotion for the concert, beginning on May 23 with Wada Ayaka, who would not be in the concert due to her graduation from the group in June. The second Q&A was held on June 16 with Takeuchi Akari, Kawamura Ayano, Oota Haruka, and Ise Layla; the third was on July 3 with Nakanishi Kana, Katsuta Rina, and Kasahara Momona; and the fourth was on July 4 with Takeuchi, Murota Mizuki, and Funaki Musubu. The fifth Q&A on July 23 was with Murota, Kawamura, and Morning Musume '19 guests Ishida Ayumi and Nonaka Miki; and the sixth on July 25 was with Kamikokuryo Moe, Kasahara, and Juice=Juice guests Takagi Sayuki and Miyamoto Karin.
Discography[edit | edit source]
- See also: ANGERME Discography
- Studio Albums
- [2010.12.08] Warugaki ①
- [2013.05.22] ② Smile Sensation
- [2019.05.15] Rinnetenshou ~ANGERME Past, Present & Future~
- Best Albums
- [2012.05.30] S/mileage Best Album Kanzenban ①
- [2015.11.25] S/mileage / ANGERME SELECTION ALBUM "Taiki Bansei"
- Other Albums
- Indie Singles
- [2009.06.07] aMa no Jaku
- [2009.09.23] Asu wa Date na no ni, Imasugu Koe ga Kikitai
- [2009.11.23] Suki-chan
- [2010.03.14] Otona ni Narutte Muzukashii!!!
- Major Singles
- [2010.05.26] Yumemiru Fifteen
- [2010.07.28] ○○ Ganbaranakutemo Eenende!!
- [2010.09.29] Onaji Jikyuu de Hataraku Tomodachi no Bijin Mama
- [2011.02.09] Short Cut
- [2011.04.27] Koi ni Booing Buu!
- [2011.08.03] Uchouten LOVE
- [2011.09.28] Tachiagirl
- [2011.12.28] Please Miniskirt Postwoman!
- [2012.02.01] Choto Mate Kudasai!
- [2012.05.02] Dot Bikini
- [2012.08.22] Suki yo, Junjou Hankouki.
- [2012.11.28] Samui ne.
- [2013.03.20] Tabidachi no Haru ga Kita
- [2013.07.03] Atarashii Watashi ni Nare! / Yattaruchan
- [2013.12.18] Ee ka!? / "Ii Yatsu"
- [2014.04.30] Mystery Night! / Eighteen Emotion
- [2014.08.20] Aa Susukino / Chikyuu wa Kyou mo Ai wo Hagukumu
- [2015.02.04] Taiki Bansei / Otome no Gyakushuu
- [2015.07.22] Nana Korobi Ya Oki / Gashin Shoutan / Mahou Tsukai Sally
- [2015.11.11] Desugita Kui wa Utarenai / Dondengaeshi / Watashi
- [2016.04.27] Tsugitsugi Zokuzoku / Itoshima Distance / Koi Nara Tokku ni Hajimatteru
- [2016.10.19] Umaku Ienai / Ai no Tame Kyou Made Shinka Shite Kita Ningen Ai no Tame Subete Taika Shite Kita Ningen / Wasurete Ageru
- [2017.06.21] Ai Sae Areba Nanni mo Iranai / Namida Iro no Ketsui / Majokko Megu-chan
- [2018.05.09] Nakenai ze・・・Kyoukan Sagi / Uraha=Lover / Kimi Dake ja nai sa...friends (2018 Acoustic Ver.)
- [2018.10.31] Tade Kuu Mushi mo Like it! / 46okunen LOVE
- [2019.04.10] Koi wa Accha Accha / Yumemita Fifteen
- [2019.11.20] Watashi wo Tsukuru no wa Watashi / Zenzen Okiagarenai SUNDAY
- [2020.08.26] Kagiriaru Moment / Mirror Mirror
- DVD/Blu-ray Singles
- Soundtrack Singles
- [2014.10.04] SMILE FANTASY!
- Collaboration Singles
- [2010.11.24] My School March (Oha Girl Maple with S/mileage)
- [2011.06.22] Ai wa Katsu (Ganbarou Nippon Ai wa Katsu Singers)
- [2011.08.06] Makeruna Wasshoi! (Bekimasu)
- [2011.11.16] Busu ni Naranai Tetsugaku (Hello! Project Mobekimasu)
- [2018.09.26] YEAH YEAH YEAH / Akogare no Stress-free / Hana, Takenawa no Toki (Hello Pro All Stars)
- [2010.01.31] Toe the line (FC Limited)
- [2010.06.16] Special Joint 2010 Haru ~Kansha Mankai! Mano Erina 2 Shuunen Totsunyuu & S/mileage Major Debut e Sakura Sake! Live~ (with Mano Erina)
- [2010.06.26] S/mileage Ouen Kikaku ~S/mileage Mega Bank vol.0~ & S/mileage Member Solo Event (FC Limited)
- [2010.09.28] Yume Miru 15-sai Debut Event (FC Limited)
- [2010.11.03] Obaachan Ie no Curry Rice ~Smile Recipe~
- [2010.12.29] Bijo Gaku Vol.2
- [2010.12.29] S/mileage 1st Live Fall Concert Tour 2010 ~Devil Smile Angel Smile~
- [2011.02.16] S/mileage no Music V Collection ①
- [2011.03.02] Bijo Gaku Vol.5
- [2011.06.08] Bijo Gaku Vol.10
- [2011.07.06] Bijo Gaku Vol.12
- [2011.07.13] ℃-ute & S/mileage Premium Live 2011 Haru ~℃ & S Collaboration Daisakusen~
- [2011.08.24] S/mileage 2011 Limited Live "S/mile Factory"
- [2011.09.21] S/mile Factory ~S/mileage 4nin de Saigo da YO! Medetai no ni!~
- [2011.12.12] S/mileage 2011 Fall Tour ~Gyakushuu no MINI SKIRT~
- [2011.12.21] S/mileage Zen Single MUSIC VIDEO Blu-ray File 2011
- [2012.05.16] S/mileage no Music V Collection ②
- [2012.05.23] Hello Pro! TIME Vol.7
- [2012.12.05] "S/mileage Best Album Kanzenban ①" Hatsubai Kinen Special Concert
- [2013.02.20] S/mileage Live Tour 2012 Aki ~Choi Kawa Banchou~
- [2013.11.20] S/mileage 2nd Original Album "② Smile Sensation" Hatsubai Kinen Event
- [2014.02.05] Warera Jeanne ~Shoujo Seisen Kageki~
- [2014.04.23] Naruchika 2013 Aki ℃-ute x S/mileage (with ℃-ute)
- [2014.05.14] S/mileage Live Tour 2013 Aki ~Smile Charge~
- [2014.09.24] LILIUM -Lilium Shoujo Junketsu Kageki- (with Morning Musume '14)
- [2014.11.12] S/mileage LIVE 2014 Natsu FULL CHARGE ~715 Nippon Budokan~
- [2015.01.21] S/mileage no Music V Collection ③
- [2021.01.20] ANGERME Clips I
- [2010.12.15] Petit Best 11 (#6 Yumemiru Fifteen, #13 ○○ Ganbaranakutemo Eenende!! (TopNude Remix Version 02))
- [2011.12.21] Petit Best 12 (#14 Short Cut, #15 Tachiagirl)
- [2012.12.05] Petit Best 13 (#9 Dot Bikini, #10 Suki yo, Junjou Hankouki.)
- [2013.12.11] Petit Best 14 (#7 Tabidachi no Haru ga Kita, #8 Yattaruchan)
- [2013.12.31] Hello! Project no Zenkyoku kara Atsumechaimashita! Vol. 2 (#6 Asu wa Date na no ni, Imasugu Koe ga Kikitai)
- [2014.07.09] Hello! Project no Zenkyoku kara Atsumechaimashita! Vol. 3 (#17 Yumemiru Fifteen)
- [2014.08.13] Hello! Project no Zenkyoku kara Atsumechaimashita! Vol. 6 (#17 Shin Nippon no Susume)
- [2014.12.10] Petit Best 15 (#7 Eighteen Emotion, #8 Chikyuu wa Kyou mo Ai wo Hagukumu, #16 Eli, Eli, Lema Sabachthani? (with Morning Musume), #17 Curtain Call-unlun)
- [2015.12.16] Petit Best 16 (#7 Taiki Bansei, #8 Gashin Shoutan)
- [2016.12.14] Petit Best 17 (#3 Tsugitsugi Zokuzoku, #12 Tsugitsugi Zokuzoku (SWG REMIX), #15 MODE)
- [2017.12.13] Petit Best 18 (#4 Ai Sae Areba Nanni mo Iranai, #14 Yumemiru Television)
- [2018.12.12] Petit Best 19 (#5 Nakenai ze・・・Kyoukan Sagi, #6 Tade Kuu Mushi mo Like it!)
- [2020.01.08] Petit Best 20 2020 (Disc 1 #13 aMa no Jaku, #15 Watashi no Kokoro; Disc 2 #5 46okunen LOVE #9 Natsu Shougun, #12 Uchouten LOVE, #17 Wasurete Ageru; Disc 3 #4 Akai Earphone, #5 Onaji Jikyuu de Hataraku Tomodachi no Bijin Mama)
Publications[edit | edit source]
- See also: ANGERME Publications
- [2010.12.20] S/mileage 1st LIVE Photobook ~Devil Smile Angel Smile~ (スマイレージ 1st LIVE写真集 ~デビルスマイル エンジェルスマイル~)
- [2011.09.24] S/mileage 1 (スマイレージ①)
- [2013.04.25] S/mileage 2 ~AyaKanon 18sai no Yakusoku~ (スマイレージ② 〜あやかのん 18歳の約束〜) (Wada Ayaka & Fukuda Kanon)
- [2014.07.25] S/mileage ③ ~6nin de FULL CHARGE~ (スマイレージ③ ～6人でFULLCHARGE～)
- [2019.09.19] Micchaku Documentary Photobook "ANGERME to Kaite, Seishun to Yomu." (密着ドキュメンタリーフォトブック『アンジュルムと書いて、青春と読む。』)
- [2019.05.24] ANGERMOOK (アンジュルムック)
Works[edit | edit source]
-  Hanbun Esper (半分エスパー)
- [2010–2011] Bijo Gaku
- [2011–2012] Hello Pro! TIME
-  Smile! Dance Contest
-  S/mileage no Sono Joshiki Choto Mate Kudasai! (スマイレージのその常識チョトマテクダサイ!)
- [2012–2013] Hello! SATOYAMA Life
- [2014–2019] The Girls Live
- [2019–2020] AI・DOL PROJECT
-  Hello! Project presents... "Solo Fes!"
-  ANGERME no Kekkyoku wa LOVE desho!!
-  Hanbun Esper (半分エスパー)
-  Suugaku Joshi Gakuen
- [2009–2011] S/mileage Web Talk "TAKEOFF" (スマイレージWebトーク) (FC Limited)
- [2010-2011] Nama Suma! ~Hashed Potato wa #smileage~ (生スマ! 〜ハッシュドポテトは#smileage〜) (Ustream)
-  Kaettekita! Nama Suma! ~Hashed Potato wa #smileage~ (帰ってきた！生スマ！〜ハッシュドポテトは#smileage〜) (Ustream)
- [2013–] Hello! Project Station
- [2014–2016] MUSIC+
- [2015–2016] GREEN ROOM
- [2016–] Upcoming
- [2016–2017] Girls Night Out
- [2017–] tiny tiny
- [2018–] OMAKE CHANNEL
-  Hello Pro no Monohon!
- [2019–2020] Hello Pro no Oshigoto Challenge
-  Hello Pro Kouhaku Taiko THE☆BATTLE 2019
- [2019–2020] Hello Pro ONE×ONE
- [2010–2011] FIVE STARS (Maeda Yuuka, Fukuda Kanon) (Wednesdays)
- [2013.01.06-2014.12.28] SS1422 (S/mileage Station 1422) (2nd generation members)
- [2015.01.04-present] AS1422 (Angerme Station 1422) (2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th generation members)
Awards[edit | edit source]
- [2010.11.19] The 52nd Japan Record Awards 2010 "New Artist"
- [2010.12.30] The 52nd Japan Record Awards 2010 "Best New Artist"
Trivia[edit | edit source]
Total Sales Count[edit | edit source]
|Year||Group Sales||Collaboration Sales||Total Sales|
See Also[edit | edit source]
- ANGERME Members
- ANGERME Discography
- ANGERME Concerts & Events
- ANGERME Publications
- Gallery:ANGERME Music Videos
- ANGERME Auditions
References[edit | edit source]
External Links[edit | edit source]
- ANGERME Official Profile
- ANGERME Youtube Channel
- S/mileage Official Website (archived)
- Ustream Channel
- Social Media Pages: Google+, Facebook, Twitter, Myspace, Instagram, TikTok
- Member Blogs: Wada Ayaka, 2nd Generation, 3rd–6th Generations, 7th & 8th Generations
- Wikipedia: English, Japanese